EMD PsyTrance Discussion ver. Carn mates, get your doof on!

i've just discovered lunarave and wanted to share. really good psytrance: atmospheric, psychedelic, melodic, has unexpected sounds and doesn't follow the same formulas as most fullon/prog/dark. in fact, it's the only non-goa album from last year that has impressed me.

138 Progressive Psytrance

Anyone know of a producer making prog psy that is in the same realm as Coming Soon?

I started out listening to full on and neo goa but have found my preference lies in progressive. It's a blast to mix and it's less tiring to dance to... Can't keep up to that 148 bassline for hours at a time

Any love for 138 progressive psy?

Any recommendations for artists similar to coming soon? All of the releases on spin twist are gold right now, looking for more

Post some examples?

I've dabbled into a bit of prog psy but I tend to listen to dark progressive.

Been into Goa for a decade now. Know all the greats. Old is gold.

Just discovered a new Goa artist today. Thought I knew all the great artists from the golden years of Goa/psy. (Late 90's was where it's at btw.) Goa has died. Psy is still booming, and thank Shpongle for being pioneers in the current psy scene. Raja has been around since the early days of Goa, so many global trance festivals and parties owe their due gratitude to that Man. He pulled many strings behind the scenes since the beginning.

Anyways I introduce you to the artist Chi, well legally Chi-AD, he had to add AD as in the millenial reference due to someone having the rights to plain Chi.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you Chi:

Angelina

[DATCD006] Doof - Let's Turn On - Remixed & Remastered - 2CD [Goa Trance]

A few years ago, in 2011, it was the very first time Nick Doof allowed anyone to release an old tune of his, and after his kind contribution to the pro-charity compilation "Mind Rewind" (now repressed, due to huge demand for whoever missed it the first time) my friend Mark Ainley thought it was possibly the right time to ask Nick if he had other unreleased tracks, including a track he remembered from the heydays, Destination Bom (Live Mix). Shortly after Nick answered and sent the most incredible track ever.
One of the top 5 goa/psy albums of all time. Nick Barber aka Doof left the scene because he was disgusted with where it was headed. I don't blame him.

The golden days of Goa were a once in a lifetime experience.

Psy still has its masters and impresarios, though there are alot of turd dj's performing nowadays.

Last edited:
"the scene"? you can walk away or you can stick around and help make it better...

i agree on the doof cd. i absolutely love this:

alasdair