• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

where is LeBron James going to end up next year?

where will LBJ end up?

• Cleveland

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Chicago

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • New York

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • New Jersey/Brooklyn

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • LA (Clippers)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Miami

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Dallas

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

axl blaze

Bluelighter
never has a sports question been such a hot topic.

I suspect that he can chose loyalty (Cleveland), winning championships (Chicago), and fame (New York).

where do you suppose?

u mentioned the clippers over Miami?

i dont think he will end up as a heat or a clipper but i figured miami would be a better option seein as how i have heard more potential talk about miami then the clipps

as for what i think, i havent voted cuz im not real sure, i'd like to see him stay in Cleve but i sincerely doubt it

^^Agreed - Miami > Clippers. But neither is real. I'm going with Chicago as #1, and NY as #2. Chicago can at least field a team that will compete, especially as they are 'decent' and can stock up on some additional help. With NY, he gets the marketing thing, but they need to seriously staff up to compete, and while I love my homeboy David Lee, I'm not counting on him to be a key player in a NY Championship run. Hell, even if they brought in some additional firepower (D Wade?) I don't see NY getting enough to help LeBron. It's still a step down from the CLE quality level. NJ Nets? HA! Well, maybe, if they trade away that top pick (or can somehow keep the pick AND get LeBron AND bring in some additional help). They are so bad already, I'd see Mr. James going to NY Knicks over NJ Nets, simply for a better starting pool of talent, and as I mentioned....NY and that deep on talent to begin with.

Chicago.

Im thinking he stays in Cleveland. At least signs a 4-5 year deal @ max contract

Sitting in a booth of some club in Manhatten with Alicia Keys grinding her arse against his crotch.

This one is hard on so many levels...

When Kobe had the chance to move to the Clippers it was still an easy thing to forecast. Even though the Clips would let him stay in LA, the fan base would have to be rebuilt. Kobe gets a % of every jersey sold with his number on it. Lots of people in Seattle aren't going to touch his Clipper jersey... they will, however, buy their girlfriend's a new Kobe jersey to wear to the game with them so long as it is a Laker game.

With LeBron he has loyalty... No, not because he grew up there and was drafter there, but because the NBA has a special exception to the cap/luxury tax rules that allow teams to keep their veteran players. In other words, even if the Knicks or the Bulls offered him a boatload of cash, the Cavs have the advantage of offering more.

So it really breaks down to endorsement deals. Both Chicago and New York or large markets. People wouldn't mind putting on a Bulls jersey again... on the other hand, they also wouldn't mind throwing on a New York jersey. New York has millions of people that have left and are still loyal to their home state. That translates into instant millions for LeBron. Add to that every other kind of endorsement he can make in a larger market.

Not to mention... In New York he can be 'seen' doing cool things. Ask Jeter how nice it is to have that going on. Imagine if he played for Seattle. It'd be like, wow, he went to Seattle's Best Coffee... big fucking deal... ;)

Cleveland. They were close to winning championships multiple times, I don't think going to Chicago or New York would increase his chances any more than staying in Cleveland.

He's already famous and always will be, so NYC is pointless.

And Cleveland loves him to death.
Plus IMO if he leaves he is basically admitting that Cleveland is too tough, which to me means that he would have failed.
Lebron shouldn't let Cleveland get the best of him.

Born Here
Raised Here
Plays Here
Stays Here

hes going to chicago. hes a huge mj fan. iether way hes leaving cleveland them bringing in shaq pretty much admitted that this was an all out last gasp to win a championship with lebron

I think he stays. I haven't given much thought to Chicago. Miami makes more sense than a couple of those teams.

The clippers should just be taken of the list.

No way he's going to the Clips or the Nets. There's also no way he's staying in Cleveland.

It's either the Knicks or the Bulls, and he'll choose NY because he's more interested in marketing and being a celebrity rather than a basketball player.

I picked the nets just for funzies-- I think NY is still the most likely-- the fame, and the possibility of a franchise that will do a better job of building a winning team around him. After the way CLE finished out their series-- I wouldn't hold out hope for him resigning.

I think it would be pretty sick if Cleveland promises to try to sign Chris Bosh

Id have to think if they added such a dominant center like Bosh that might help persuade Bron to stay

Shaq's contract will be expired, clearing up some cap room.

I still think Cleveland gives him the best chance to win a title. at least of his supposed favorites

I wouldn't so easily dismiss the LA Clippers. they are one franchise that is promising him, upfront, that he can chose the coach and GM at his will. giving a player that kind of freedom sure must be tantalyzing.

Mark Cuban has been stirring the pot lately. does that warrant me putting up the Dallas Mavs in the choices? Jason Kidd and Dirk Novitzki and LeBron would be a fearsome threesome

90-plus percent of sports fans thought that LeBron was going to be a once-in-a-generation-type level player.

And in this case, 90-plus percent of the people were WRONG.

If Wade doesn't get his own thread (and every single other Top Five player who EVER enters free agency doesn't get his own thread), then all we're doing here is perpetuating this undeserved hype.

LeBron is a very very very good basketball player.

But he's not special.

If, hypothetically, he got hit by a bus today, he's not even one of the 50 most accomplished players of all-time.

And RIGHT THIS SECOND, while he's entering his prime, he's arguably STILL not even one of the Top Three players PLAYING RIGHT NOW.

Enjoy watching the play-offs, enjoy Nash playing point guard better at age 36 than anyone we've EVER seen someone play that position at that age, enjoy watching Kobe dominate, enjoy the Celtics' fantastic run.

THIS is the exciting part of the season - if LeBron was so great, he'd be part of it.

This LeBron-Mania is part of what fucked up everyone's expectations the first time, seven years ago.

Don't fall for it again.

^^^ GO LEBRON, WOOT WOOT !!!

Mark Cuban has been stirring the pot lately. does that warrant me putting up the Dallas Mavs in the choices? Jason Kidd and Dirk Novitzki and LeBron would be a fearsome threesome

do it, do it. if u do it, ill vote.

i would love to see this. its unlikely, but god i would love to see this.

also did anyone see Cubans remarks the other day? he promised he would strip down n run naked on the court if the Mavs won the championship, or something along those lines, i know the Mavs catch alot of shit from refs n stuff in the NBA cuz the "higher powers that be" dont really like Cuban but goddamn he is a quircky guy n that is some funny shit

Last edited:
I haven't really been following this lebron move, but what are the chances that he's for sure leaving Cleveland?