• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

where is LeBron James going to end up next year?

where will LBJ end up?

• Cleveland

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Chicago

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • New York

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • New Jersey/Brooklyn

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • LA (Clippers)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Miami

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Dallas

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey whaddaya know, looks like 6.67% of respondents think Lebron will end up in Dallas ;)

yea Cuban is a cool guy. i mean he was/is a total nerd who made a fuck ton of money and now gets to do what he wants

I think they just understood that his contract was up and they were going to do something funny about it...

Chicago is looking like the choice more and more with the recent news coming out. Obama has even been rallying for the LBJ acquisition.

sure, he will win a couple championships with the Bulls, probably. the clutch PG play of Derrick Rose and the up-and-coming toughness of Noah pretty much wrap that arguement up. it's just... I would have rather seen LBJ win his own way and not be in the shadow of Michael Jordan's greatness in Chi-town.

surprisingly, a Chicago Bulls fan shared this sentiment with me last night

LMAO @ people taking for granted that when A, B or C changes, THEN LeBron will inevitably start winning titles.

The burden of proof is on LeBron.

He's not a champion yet.

Sorry.

yea Cuban is a cool guy. i mean he was/is a total nerd who made a fuck ton of money and now gets to do what he wants

He's essentially your 'every day' guy who made it big and doesn't act like he's from money....he's still a kid like the rest of us. I think a lot of us identify with him more than other owners, so we like him - and the other owners hate him. I'm not sure if I'd want him owning my favorite team, but he does seem to want to win AND have fun doing it, as opposed to an owner like the Raiders have where he's overmanaging and totally screws everything up.

sure, he will win a couple championships with the Bulls, probably. the clutch PG play of Derrick Rose and the up-and-coming toughness of Noah pretty much wrap that arguement up. it's just... I would have rather seen LBJ win his own way and not be in the shadow of Michael Jordan's greatness in Chi-town.

surprisingly, a Chicago Bulls fan shared this sentiment with me last night

I was thinking this the other day - Chicago still makes the most sense for me in terms of marketing, supporting cast, etc. But the question in my mind is LB's mindset.....he likes MJ and is trying to build a similar marketing empire...but would he want to be in MJ's shadow every step of the way? If he went to Chicago, he'd never have the chance of creating history like MJ did there, he'd only be trying to repeat it. He'd always have the comparison to MJ in the minds of the fans no matter what he did....and I'm not sure he would ever compare favorably (and would he be comfortable displacing, if it were possible) in the fans hearts? That's probably something he has to answer for himself - follow MJ's steps to the top, or find a place where he can build his own legend (which keeps CLE in the mix, but they still need to bring more to the table).

LMAO @ people taking for granted that when A, B or C changes, THEN LeBron will inevitably start winning titles.

At times, you can present a decent appreciation for a sport, it's history and players. But you have unabashedly had this hate-on-LeBron thing for a long time. I know you don't think he's earned the hype, we got that, but he's more than a player - he's an icon and a 'more-than-basketball' person, something your beloved Kobe has not been. I'd agree Kobe's a better player, and we know the debates about who is a better 'person', but for what LeBron is trying to do with his image, marketing, etc.....Kobe remains just a player. A damn good one, but just a player nonetheless.

You didn't raise Kobe in this post, you even pointed to Nash and other players who are better at the game - fair enough. But your hating on LeBron has reached a point of pitiful when that's all you've got on him - a less than perfect player (still young enough to prove his playing ability more) but someone who is becoming more than a basketball player. In the big picture of life, you saw guys like Shaq, MJ, and before them Magic and Bird....people that take their image off the court and into other areas (commercials, media, ownership in entities as opposed to flashy cars, women, and-or drugs). And yes, I included Shaq on purpose as he wasn't the best man in the league, even in his prime, but he remained in the discussion....and branched out to music, movies, commercials, etc. Again, to limited success, but he became more than another ball player, he thought beyond the shot clock and tried to become more. Soemthing a lot of people don't do, and not many consider.

LeBron hatin'. :\ Cut the man some slack - it's not all about his 'skills'. I don't think anyone can argue he's in the top 5-10 players in the league, but if you ask who is the face of basketball, who is bigger than a jersey and box score? You're not going to find too many others in the league that come close to LeBron. How about assessing him on that as well, or are has all the blood left your brain for swelling up that purple and gold hard on you seem to continually stroke?

deciding which franchise is going to win the 100 million dollar sweepstakes?

He's essentially your 'every day' guy who made it big and doesn't act like he's from money....he's still a kid like the rest of us. I think a lot of us identify with him more than other owners, so we like him - and the other owners hate him. I'm not sure if I'd want him owning my favorite team, but he does seem to want to win AND have fun doing it, as opposed to an owner like the Raiders have where he's overmanaging and totally screws everything up.

I was thinking this the other day - Chicago still makes the most sense for me in terms of marketing, supporting cast, etc. But the question in my mind is LB's mindset.....he likes MJ and is trying to build a similar marketing empire...but would he want to be in MJ's shadow every step of the way? If he went to Chicago, he'd never have the chance of creating history like MJ did there, he'd only be trying to repeat it. He'd always have the comparison to MJ in the minds of the fans no matter what he did....and I'm not sure he would ever compare favorably (and would he be comfortable displacing, if it were possible) in the fans hearts? That's probably something he has to answer for himself - follow MJ's steps to the top, or find a place where he can build his own legend (which keeps CLE in the mix, but they still need to bring more to the table).

At times, you can present a decent appreciation for a sport, it's history and players. But you have unabashedly had this hate-on-LeBron thing for a long time. I know you don't think he's earned the hype, we got that, but he's more than a player - he's an icon and a 'more-than-basketball' person, something your beloved Kobe has not been. I'd agree Kobe's a better player, and we know the debates about who is a better 'person', but for what LeBron is trying to do with his image, marketing, etc.....Kobe remains just a player. A damn good one, but just a player nonetheless.

You didn't raise Kobe in this post, you even pointed to Nash and other players who are better at the game - fair enough. But your hating on LeBron has reached a point of pitiful when that's all you've got on him - a less than perfect player (still young enough to prove his playing ability more) but someone who is becoming more than a basketball player. In the big picture of life, you saw guys like Shaq, MJ, and before them Magic and Bird....people that take their image off the court and into other areas (commercials, media, ownership in entities as opposed to flashy cars, women, and-or drugs). And yes, I included Shaq on purpose as he wasn't the best man in the league, even in his prime, but he remained in the discussion....and branched out to music, movies, commercials, etc. Again, to limited success, but he became more than another ball player, he thought beyond the shot clock and tried to become more. Soemthing a lot of people don't do, and not many consider.

LeBron hatin'. :\ Cut the man some slack - it's not all about his 'skills'. I don't think anyone can argue he's in the top 5-10 players in the league, but if you ask who is the face of basketball, who is bigger than a jersey and box score? You're not going to find too many others in the league that come close to LeBron. How about assessing him on that as well, or are has all the blood left your brain for swelling up that purple and gold hard on you seem to continually stroke?

TLB:

You are proving my overarching point FOR me.

Kobe Bryant is paid ridiculous amounts of money to be the greatest basketball player he can be.

Further, he has the inner drive and focus to be the greatest basketball player of all-time.

Ditto Michael Jordan on both of those counts, back when he amazed us all.

And what a coincidence - Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant are CLEARLY the two greatest players in the NBA in the Modern Era.

Individually, and more importantly, in terms of TEAM accomplishments.

And yes, part of it is because they are both phenomenal physical specimens.

But you know what - Tracy McGrady is an approximately equal physical specimen.

Shaq and LeBron are even MORE impressive physical specimens.

Yet, MJ and Kobe have out-titled Shaq and LeBron (11-4 so far, and 12-4 is right around the corner).

And do you know why?

Because Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant cared more THAN ANYTHING about becoming the greatest basketball player that each of them could be and made that the focus of their life.

Shaq can keep his Z-level movie career.

LeBron can keep wearing Yankee caps, banging chalk, and smiling.

When I watch basketball, I don't give a fuck whether or not the greatest players lead balanced lives.

I want to see the game being played at the highest level at which it's possible to be played.

It's fucking magical.

Thank you, MJ, and thank you, Kobe, for recognizing your respective potentials, and for dedicating your respective lives to becoming THE GREATEST IN THE FUCKING WORLD AT SOMETHING . . .

. . . and even more importantly:

For squeezing every single fucking drop of potential out of yourselves as you possibly could have done.

THAT, TLB, is what I *RESPECT* so much about the two greatest players I've ever seen, Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant.

I just hope he doesnt drag this out all fucking summer

I think its pretty interesting that Wade, Bosh, LeBron, and Joe Johnson are all holding a FA meeting.

If Cavs can keep LeBron and add Joe Johnson, thatd make us significantly better.

I cant wait to see what my hometown does.

Joe Johnson?

You mean the fourth best player on those Suns teams that went NOWHERE?

Hahahaha!

It amazes me that people fail to recognize that LEBRON is *NOT* merely one good player away from winning titles.

LeBron is NOT a winner.

THAT'S the problem.

Put LeBron on a team with Bosh or Amar'e or Wade - then - sure - that TEAM can *potentially* win a title, as it would then have TWO bona fide superstars.

But a second-round loser plus Joe Johnson = World Champion?

Laughable.

It amazes me that people fail to recognize that LEBRON is *NOT* merely one good player away from winning titles.

kinda hard to be sure of that, seein as how it hasnt happened yet.

on the flipside, your boyfriend kobe has never even had to face the playoffs w/o another good player, he has always had help.....(think back to last night, he fuckin aired that shit n Artest bailed him out)

wasn't Joe Johnson on that Suns team that shut down LA two years in a row in the playoffs back in the day?

a lot of people forget about the post-Shaq Lakers, when Kobe bitched about being traded because he had no other star power to hoop with. the Lakers didn't make the playoffs one year, then got jobbed the next two before their ownership and management shaped up and got Gasol from Minnesota, then worked over Bynum's nubile but strong athletic ability.

Kobe had nothing going on for those years. LBJ had a far more laughable roster and he took them to the Finals.

you're glossing over some glaring facts, here

Wow!

You see that 30-footer Lebron just hit . . . the rewind button on the remote, then press play, and you can see Kobe hit it!

wasn't Joe Johnson on that Suns team that shut down LA two years in a row in the playoffs back in the day?

a lot of people forget about the post-Shaq Lakers, when Kobe bitched about being traded because he had no other star power to hoop with. the Lakers didn't make the playoffs one year, then got jobbed the next two before their ownership and management shaped up and got Gasol from Minnesota, then worked over Bynum's nubile but strong athletic ability.

Kobe had nothing going on for those years. LBJ had a far more laughable roster and he took them to the Finals.

No shit. Love life is a huge hater

Joe Johnson is definitely a formidable #2 guy. He would be a great fit for Cleveland if they can keep James

Of course id rather have Wade or Bosh, but you have to consider salary cap. Joe Johnson is actually a possible option.

Easy to say Kobe is the man when you are playing with Gasol (one of the best Centers), Ron Artest (one of the best NBA defenders of all-time) and Derek Fisher (the real mr. big shot)

If LeBron traded places with Kobe, I think everyone would agree, you'd have the same unstoppable team.

Plus LeBron has never raped anyone either.

Took them to the Finals in a pathetic Eastern Conference (and played in the LOWEST RATED FINALS OF ALL TIME...just sayin' ;))

And no, Joe Johnson was not on those Suns squads. He was gone before they played the Lakers in the playoffs.

And if you want to talk about laughable rosters, the Lakers during the period you mentioned above had the likes of Chuckie Atkins, Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Kwame Brown starting alongside Kobe. Yeah...Lebron had a far more laughable roster. :)

And Gasol came from Minnesota? Really? :D Kobe bitched because he was tired of losing. What happened after that? 1 Championship, 3 Finals appearances and counting... man he's such a dick for doing that hah.

Glossing over is a lot better than incorrect claims and facts.

Oh, and to answer the question, I hope somehow Lebron, Joe Johnson, and either Bosh or Amare end up going to the Knicks to play D'Antoni ball. It would be a fantasy player's wet dream come true. The Eastern Conference would never be the same! :D

I could honestly see Lebron putting up a triple double average in D'Antoni's system. I'm definitely down to see that, even if it meant all the Lebronis would be riding his jock worse than they do now.

I'd become a Laker fan before I started rooting for LeBron.

Dwayne Wade or Bust!

Go New York, Go New York, GO!

Took them to the Finals in a pathetic Eastern Conference (and played in the LOWEST RATED FINALS OF ALL TIME...just sayin' ;))

that was a down year for basketball, with the only true story being how LBJ and said rejects somehow tripped up the mighty Detroit Pistons.

do you think the world would have wanted another Pistons VS Spurs match-up? I cringe just to think about it (I am just saying here, now).

And if you want to talk about laughable rosters, the Lakers during the period you mentioned above had the likes of Chuckie Atkins, Chris Mihm, Brian Cook, Smush Parker, Luke Walton and Kwame Brown starting alongside Kobe. Yeah...Lebron had a far more laughable roster. :)

as compared to Z, Varejao (before he stepped up his offensive game), and Boobie Gibson? they are both bad here, but essentially you are proving my point because that Lakers team went nowhere.

Glossing over is a lot better than incorrect claims and facts.

the only incorrect fact here must be the Gasol, and it him coming from wherever he came from was not imperative to my point in any way