• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

where is LeBron James going to end up next year?

where will LBJ end up?

• Cleveland

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Chicago

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • New York

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • New Jersey/Brooklyn

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • LA (Clippers)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Miami

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Dallas

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You were also incorrect about Joe Johnson, and when you say the Cavs had a "far more laughable roster" I think your Lebron love misguides you quite a bit when looking at the Lakers rosters from '04-'05 to '06-'07 compared to the season the Cavs made it to the finals.

Besides, there's no way you could compare the West to the East that season...the West was clearly the better and tougher conference. Cleveland's record at best would be the 6 seed in the West that season, whereas it was no.2 in the East.

And I'm not exactly sure how saying the Lakers went nowhere during seasons where their talent level was mediocre at best around Kobe really proves anything for you. Lebron's been given better squads the past couple of seasons and has had the exact same team result...no ring. I guess he can rejoice in his regular season prowess more...but that's about it heh.

And I'm not exactly sure how saying the Lakers went nowhere during seasons where their talent level was mediocre at best around Kobe really proves anything for you. Lebron's been given better squads the past couple of seasons and has had the exact same team result...no ring. I guess he can rejoice in his regular season prowess more...but that's about it heh.

and Im the ignorant one?

he is saying, if Kobe went no where with shitty surrounding help, then how can yall discredit lebron for going no where with shitty surrounding help.

FACE IT, Kobe has always had a better supporting cast, players and coach included, point blank. To me that is unarguable, but im the ignorant one sooooo

Oh so now the Cavs and their 60+ win teams talent level were just mediocre, or in your words "shitty"? Laughable. Please compare those rosters to the rosters Kobe had to work with and tell me they're equal. PLEASE tell me that.

I wouldn't argue that Kobe has been on talented teams and has the greatest coach of all-time on his side....but it takes more than talent alone to win not just one championship, but several championships. Just ask Lebron. ;)

i have to agree with highonlife

Kobe has had many advantages. He won his first set of rings with Shaq in his prime, never had to be THE GUY. And like you pointed out, he has Phil as a coach. Who is Mike Brown? some young cat who's record is there because of LeBron and the GM moves of Danny Ferry.

LeBron has been the face of the franchise since he came in the league and took them from one of the worst franchises to one that consistently makes the playoffs.

I think it is pretty cool that all the FA's are getting together in a little meeting and discussing things. It's going to have a huge impact on the league.

when you say the Cavs had a "far more laughable roster" I think your Lebron love misguides you quite a bit when looking at the Lakers rosters from '04-'05 to '06-'07 compared to the season the Cavs made it to the finals.

you know I love me some LBJ, however he has NOT played with anyone by the likes of Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, Shaq (in his prime lol), and nowhere near a solid enough PG by the likes of Derek Fisher.

not to mention COACHING, which is perhaps one of the most under appreciated aspects of NBA basketball. as much as you like the Lakers, as an intelligent sports fan you have to agree with me on this fact.

Besides, there's no way you could compare the West to the East that season...the West was clearly the better and tougher conference. Cleveland's record at best would be the 6 seed in the West that season, whereas it was no.2 in the East.

Cleveland was the 1 seed :) and while that is like your opinion, man I will have to respectfully disagree. I have a feeling the Cavs would have won the top position in the West as well. but... playoffs... as we have seen are another story. CLE did very well against the Lakers this season, and I don't see how they would have faired any worst against the likes of the Thunder, Mavs, or Spurs. but this is all soft speculation, isn't it?

i have to agree with highonlife

Kobe has had many advantages. He won his first set of rings with Shaq in his prime, never had to be THE GUY. And like you pointed out, he has Phil as a coach. Who is Mike Brown? some young cat who's record is there because of LeBron and the GM moves of Danny Ferry.

obviously, you are right

No Axl, wrong again. Cleveland was the no.2 seed. Detroit was the no.1 seed. Little facts do matter my friend. :)

And in terms of the championship squads Kobe's been on, of course they're better than any team Lebron's been on. A prime Shaq, a prime Gasol...awesome to have no doubt...but time and time again has proven that even the greatest players in the NBA need help to win championships, so time will tell who Lebron really needs to win it all. A combination of Wade, Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson? Should he get an amazing supporting cast and not win it all, what then? Will the Lebron fans start to see the chinks in the armor at that point?

I mean, prior to Cleveland choking themselves to death against Boston, practically everyone and their mother was talking Lebron/Kobe finals...and now that it hasn't happened the same 'ol "oh Lebron has nobody to help him" talk has started back up here...I'm not dismissing the excuse, but I can only read it so many times before it gets tiresome. It's pretty funny to me axl that you were proclaiming a championship for Cleveland and now you're riding the very same excuses used for the past few seasons.

This isn't to say that I agree with LL that Lebron's a loser. I do believe Lebron will eventually reach the promised land and win a ring, maybe more than one...but should he need a couple of bona fide all-stars and a masterful coach to reach that goal...then I better hear all you Lebron supporters talk about how he needed that roster to win it all as you so lovingly do so for Kobe. ;)

And Axl, I do love that you try and hold on for dear life to two regular season games as if they would mean anything in a playoff setting where it's a best-of-7 series, but I think the Ceitics of this year showed more than anything (even the second season of the best-record Cavs failing to make the Finals) that the regular season means jack shit. :)

I thought you were talking about this year.

and Cleveland fans and LeBron James fans have to hold on to the regular season because that's all we have left. you're very lucky as a Lakers fan, the management has done everything there to assure Kobe Bryant that he will have the cast of all-stars and top notch coaching that will win him rings.

although Danny Ferry has tried to set LBJ up, we've realized that Mo Williams is a flop in the playoffs, Mike Brown coaches like he just hit the vape, and Antwan Jamison plays defense like a mongoloid retard.

I'm glad you can at least ascertain that the Lakers are truly stacked.

but this thread is not about Kobe or the Lakers. this is speculation as to where LBJ is going. I know the mere acronyms LBJ send you into shock, but I'm sure most of the participators here would like to discuss the topic at hand. not everything goes back to the Lakers and Kobe Bryant. in fact, they both have nothing to do about the aforementioned topic

Let the record show axl that YOU brought up kobe in this thread, thus welcoming such discussion. I did answer the topic at hand here if you didn't notice. :)

And stop calling me a Lakers fan dude...I'm a KOBE fan. ;) I'd be a fan of his if he played anywhere else.

^^ Actually V-Rocks was the 1st person to bring up Kobe in this thread, then he was unmentioned until the top of this page when TLB brought him back up

let the record show this

I am still confused why the Cavs dont just resign LBJ, and use the 20,000,000 that Shaq made last year to sign Chris Bosh

To me it's the move that makes perfect sense. Cavs have an over-paid center leaving their roster, why not replace him with Bosh.

If LBJ isnt 100% confident that adding Bosh would make us a better team, then he can simply that his player option, get his 18 mil, then hit free agency next year

LeBron, Jamison, Bosh, Williams would be pretty sick.

^^ Actually V-Rocks was the 1st person to bring up Kobe in this thread, then he was unmentioned until the top of this page when TLB brought him back up

let the record show this

ha fair enough. :)

Well one part of my ideal scenario has been implemented. Amare will go to the Knicks.

Now let's just substitute JJ for Ray Ray and throw in Lebreezy and boom...New York basketball is back! :D

^^^ Yea but S&G would be ruined if LL got too teams to root for/glote about.

:D Sorta kidding LL

I believe Miami deserves a few last second votes.

Edit: I still think he ends up in Cleveland. I just find it surprising that the team that offers the best option as far as winning multiple championships got so little of the vote.

Last edited:
I think its between Chicago and Cleveland, obviously I would like him to come to Chicago even though I am more of a Baseball and Hockey guy.

If Lebron goes to Miami, then it changes the NBA for 3 years at least, anywhere else and it remains relatively even with the Lakers the best in the west and Boston with one more year in the East.

I do like Chicago's signing of Boozer... Rose, Noah (who still are developing) and Boozer is a pretty good combo.

Wow. ESPN saying LeBron to Miami. If this works out my Heat are going to be unbelievable for the next decade.

If Lebron doesn't stay in Cleveland, I hope all the Cavs fans and the Q get together and organize a "throw crap at Lebron" spectacle. When he comes to Cleveland to play against the Cavs they should all throw tomatoes or something like that at him. I don't think security could stop 5,000-10,000 fans from pelting him with crap.
Or more realistically I hope if he plays in cleveland not as a cav that the video board shows over and over again the time Lebron said he promises Cleveland he will never leave until he wins a championship. Then the whole crowd could chant "You're a Liar!" over and over again.

But I have faith that LBJ won't abandon the city and state that has basically given him anything he wants and worshiped him from day 1.

Born Here
Raised Here
Plays Here
Stays Here

Wow. ESPN saying LeBron to Miami. If this works out my Heat are going to be unbelievable for the next decade.

I wouldn't hold too much to what Espn says. They've been wrong way too many times to have credibiltity.

But who knows we will find out.