• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

2-methyl-2-butanol (2M2B) "Vodka"

Another thing, which is becoming more and more apparent as the fogginess wears off, is the unusually elevated anxiety (rebound?) next morning. I took my daily dose of bupropion when i woke up and now (couple of hours later) I notice I am very panicky.

There might be a diuretic effect as well...

Not pleasant.

Are there any other alcohols besides ethanol and this with recreational effect?

Raybeez: can you elaborate on the "hangover" you got?

Did it include shortness of breath? (or at least a feeling of that)?

IPA is definitely a polar molecule, most alcohols are - including 2M2B. Water is also polar. I'm not exactly sure what your talking about as almost anything that is moist will dissolve a gelatin capsule - although it usually take a combination of time, warmth, agitation and acidity. If one simply drops a gelatin capsule onto a cool glass of still water it will take as long as an hour before liquifying. That said I think a capsule would probably work for 2M2B if one were to inject it into a closed cap (making a second puncture for air to be displaced) and then pop into the mouth, it should last at least 30 seconds. Not long enough for storage, obviously, but maybe just enough time to weigh and swallow.

IPA is less polar than water
and 2m2b is even less polar
I have put .75ml of water in a gel cap and within 5 minutes it was noticeably degraded, and within 15, it became floppy.

with 1 mL of 91% IPA, it stayed overnight with no degradation.
I know this from fact

I proposed that there may be a correlation between rate of degradation and polarity, as I have only tested 2 solvents, I cant be sure

GHB, chloral hydrate, 1,4 butandiol to name a few

None of those are alcohols. GHB = carboxylic acid, butanediol & chloral hydrate = diols.

All alcohols from ethanol to at least pentanol, and their structural isomers (iso-, tert-, sec-, etc.)

Then there are the carbinols like vinylcyclohexanol, ethynylcyclohexanol, propynylcyclohexanol, methylpentynol...

Guys, try drinking a few tablespoons of chlorophyllin a day to neutralize the elimination odors. People with colostomy bags use it as an internal deodorant and it's rather cheap.

Thread about this which only focuses on monohydric alcohols. The only regulated monohydric ones I know of are ethchlorvynol and ethanol (as well as chloral hydrate insomuch as it's a prodrug for 2,2,2-trichloroethanol). 2m2b seems to be in demand now because it's available cheaply and some users report very positive experiences on it--but you have other options, some far more potent and less volatile (i.e. less prone to becoming a gas in the body) than 2m2b.

Tertiary alcohols seem to not be hepatotoxic because their hydroxyl group can't be oxidized. That doesn't mean they're not mutagenic or toxic in some other way; it especially doesn't mean you won't OD on them.

None of those are alcohols. GHB = carboxylic acid, butanediol & chloral hydrate = diols.

All alcohols from ethanol to at least pentanol, and their structural isomers (iso-, tert-, sec-, etc.)

Then there are the carbinols like vinylcyclohexanol, ethynylcyclohexanol, propynylcyclohexanol, methylpentynol...

"In chemistry, an alcohol is any organic compound in which a hydroxyl functional group (-OH) is bound to a carbon atom, usually connected to other carbon or hydrogen atoms."

all of those are alcohols.
gamma HYDROXY butyric acid, and diols are still acohols

Another thing, which is becoming more and more apparent as the fogginess wears off, is the unusually elevated anxiety (rebound?) next morning. I took my daily dose of bupropion when i woke up and now (couple of hours later) I notice I am very panicky.

Don't mix downers with Wellbutrin because the rebound will be horrible!
Wellbutrin increases the dopamine in your brain. After a few days binge of GHB and taking Wellbutrin at the same time I experienced withdrawal symptoms like after several weeks of taking GHB.

T+31 hrs since initial ingestion.

Although I no longer feel like I'm at risk of miocardial infraction, I am wide awake (2nd night) and feeling like absolute shit.

This feels identical to the rebound stimulation one gets after having a night out at a bar.

But this has lasted at least 10X longer than usual, and at it worst I truly believed I was having a hypertensive crisis.

I hope 2m2b makes good drain-cleaner (as GBL did), since this is going to by my use for what I have left of it, assuming I survive...

Fuck it, I'm drinking a glass of wine.

Memeito: since "downers" have been the story of my life, I've been mixing all manner of them with bupropion, especially that I take such a tiny dose of the latter (100mg SR once a day in the morning).

This stuff is totally new territory.

GHB is an alcohol and carboxylic acid. Butandiol is - as the name suggests - 2 alcohols. Chloralhydrate on the other hand is not an alcohol despite having 2 OH-groups, but an aldehyde-hydrate!
The difference is in the chemical reactivity.

- Murphy

I believe you about the aldehyde hydrate, but its a funny concept because of the etymology of the word "aldehyde"

The word aldehyde was coined by Justus von Liebig as a contraction of the Latin alcohol dehydrogenatus (dehydrated alcohol)

so a hydrated dehydrated alcohol is a diol.
weird

^That wikipedia bit should read "dehydrogenated alcohol" not "dehydrated alcohol"--especially if the process in place in 1835 involved a detectable release of hydrogen gas (H2).

See here. Douglas Harper isn't a chemist, but he knows his Latin.

T+ 44hr (or so) since initial ingestion.

Finally starting to feel a semblance of normal again, and didn't have to go pee for the last 10 mins.

This is poison. I have no idea how anyone can compare it to Ethanol or Chloral.

Just out of interest, does anybody know if there's a difference between the optical isomers in terms of activity?

I also responded to it quite badly. For whatever reason, I had no desire to even write up a report on my experience. 2.5ml was consumed after taking 10mg of MPH approx. 5 hours earlier. It produced 13+ hours of disinhibition and sedation - camphoraceous belching throughout. I drank it with a friend and her middle aged mother who ended up leaving the apartment to get coffee at 7:00 in the morning wearing a bra on her face like a pair of goggles. Both my friend and I experienced stomach discomfort, and she had not taken MPH previously. At 2.5ml it felt like 10mg of diazepam with all of the added side effects one experiences when drinking EtOH.

I'm sure one might feel reasonable euphoria after drinking 2.5ml of xylene as well, and although 2M2B is without question a euphoriant drug, the first adjective I would use to describe it is poisonous.

Last edited:
This stuff is far superior to ehtanol imo, altough i'm also on etizolam atm, it lachs the alcohol dizzyness wich i hate.
Better report coming up soon.

Something isn't adding up here Jamshyd. The 2 others I dosed this with had nothing resembling this experience. If anything we were all drowsy for a prolonged period of time (24-48 hrs), not wide awake.

Idiopathic reaction? Interaction with bupropion? Ethanol and bupropion have some funky adverse interactions attributed to them, including tachycardia via destabilization of the autonomic nervous system. Perhaps 2m2b did something similar, just exaggerated and with a longer duration?

Well, hugo (of BL) once called my brain "exotic" because my reactions to most drugs are idiosyncratic ;)

Seriously though... FWIW, about 3 years ago I had a disasterous GHB/GBL addiction. When I stopped that, I had a withdrawal that resembled what I felt yesterday. About a year after said withdrawal, occasion had me taking a single dose of GBL, and it seemed to have "rekindled" the withdrawal as though I had been using chronically again.

Perhaps 2m2b did the same?

I will probably try GABOB sometime later this month... if this is a pattern, then a single dose of this should also rekindle the withdrawal. I hope not, though...