• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☠ WARNING ☠ Warning: Mislabeled Batch of 2C-B-Fly That Has Caused Deaths

Also, theoretically if that scale was right on, that dose could have been around 250ugs. Because, the point where it jumps back and forth between .000 and .001 would be around half a mg. Realistically at that low of a weight most of the scales used by most of us will be off.

Also, I acquired some of this batch recently. A friend gave it to me rather than just dump it. I may start some trials with it. I plan to make a 1mg/mL solution and dose it out with a 1mL oral syringe which will give me accuracy down to about a hundredth of a mL or 10ugs. I would start the trials at no more than 50ugs. We'll see though.

Yeah thanks for all the info. Thats encouraging. And it was this batch eh?

When it comes to measurement I have to ask because as people have said the scales can lie and thats why I prefer liquid. Get a 10mg amount in a known quantity of water (i.e. 10ml) if you have a scale, and get a syringe to suck out however much you need. With a 1/1 ratio of mg/ml, its simple math at that point. And theres no chance of it being off.

Only thing to note is, make sure the water is kept covered. If it evaporates you now have a more potent mix, etc...

If any other reports come in please post here or if they do more of that stuff also. Thanks.

I'm starting to think that it's ridiculous that RC suppliers are unresearched chemicals that are active in the sub-mg range in the first place.

I understand that people will always be there to buy anything new, and anything uncommon will undoubtably sell. We're all curious.

Even with these shady businesses, the RC vendors must really be foolish if they think that they can sell something so potent and not expect someone to take an uncertain dose and have an adverse reaction.

They're quite happy for us to be used as lab rats.

From purely a business point of view, even a minor overdose is something that would have all sorts of feds hammering down on them.

Without meaning any disrespect to the vendor who sadly passed, it's baffling that they can expect even the most knowledgable and experienced consumers, who have been in the RC 'circles' for years to be entirely responsible with every product.

Even with the most careful consumers who own the best sub-mg measuring scales out there, taking a small dose can be extremely dangerous with impurities that could also active at such miniscule doses.

On another note, with any RC that has a much higher active dose, at least people can take a minute dose to test for adverse reactions before taking a 'propper' dose. Not that many people will.

People seem to readily assume that because a chemical is available, it should be safe enough to try once or twice.

If people want to keep this RC market going, some vendors simply should not sell certain products.

This irresponsibility on the vendors, combined with no assurances that the user will also be responsible or have the ability to be so makes me quite angry.

This whole incident is simply depressing, scary, and wrong on so many levels.

I'm starting to think that it's ridiculous that RC suppliers are unresearched chemicals that are active in the sub-mg range in the first place.

I understand that people will always be there to buy anything new, and anything uncommon will undoubtably sell. We're all curious.

i agree completely with what youre saying.

the intention of this vendor though was to get 2cb-fly which is active at mg levels. I think the problem was probably a miscommunication between him and his supplier.

I still wouldnt take any of this untill we know what it is.

Be careful folks.

i got a mail saying this is bormo-dargonfly labeled as 2c-b-fly altho i wud certainlay not take any as it is been proven 95% pure not 99% as labeled.

its very sad for the rc comunity for this to happen.

well, as for the measuring. i weighed 1mg to the point where it would not change at all from 0mg and jump to 1 mg, then back down, then back up. my friend J and my friend C split that <1mg and nothing happened, they only wanted more to see if they could trip off it.

for his 2nd trial, i weighed a solid 1mg, no jumpin around on the scale or anything.
That's not a way for measuring out 1mg.
I've seen semi ultra scales (10µg) from a good manufacturer (sartorius, mettler toledo, ohaus, ...) being sold on ebay for about $200-$400, although usually they are offered for a awful lot more($1000-$2000) . In the same price range analytical balances (100 µg=0.1mg devisions) are being sold.

My personal feeling is that the weighing error should be at least 10 times lower than the amount you're trying to measure and most analytical balances the lowest amount the manufacturer recommends you can weight accurately is 50.0 mg but this depends on the model.

For a better way see the Liquid Measurement Thread mentioned above, but i should note that products in sollutions are not as stable than those in the crystalline state. Don't store the sollutions for more than a (few?) year(s).

For a better way see the Liquid Measurement Thread mentioned above, but i should note that products in sollutions are not as stable than those in the crystalline state. Don't store the sollutions for more than a (few?) year(s).

you can always make a solution with just a small portion of your entire amount (say ~10-20mg or example) and save the rest to make another solution with it once you run out.
That way you can keep the chem stable.

i wouldnt have gotten this if i knew it was brdfly cus im not interested in that at all, but whatevs. shit happens i guess

Without meaning any disrespect to the vendor who sadly passed, it's baffling that they can expect even the most knowledgable and experienced consumers, who have been in the RC 'circles' for years to be entirely responsible with every product.

This irresponsibility on the vendors, combined with no assurances that the user will also be responsible or have the ability to be so makes me quite angry.

Just want to comment on this. I have absolutely ZERO discontent towards the vendor, or vendors in general for this situation.

You call it "irresponsibility on the vendors" but the vendors cant control us, and so what, should they not distribute something just because a few people cant handle themselves?

That sounds exactly like the government's policy on everything. A few people OD and die, ok, nobody can have it.

Im a responsible user, and there are many others. They should not be deprived the opportunity to experiment just because others may not be so careful, and likewise, the vendor should not have to take those less-careful persons into consideration.

Your body, your responsibility, 100%.

Side note:

I'll probably get my hands on my portion of this mystery meat in a couple weeks. I'll perform a well measured trial for your enjoyment. Ive been wanting to and the more I hear the more convinced I am its probably safe to try carefully. Of course, i'll chronicle my exploits when they occur.

Even with these shady businesses, the RC vendors must really be foolish if they think that they can sell something so potent and not expect someone to take an uncertain dose and have an adverse reaction.

They're quite happy for us to be used as lab rats.

I believe the issues are much more complicated. As has been repeatedly pointed out, these chemicals are not typically sold as being for human consumption. That's to say, vendors are quite happy to sell you chemicals to test in your lab rats. Chemical companies (outside of the "RC" business) do sometimes make mistakes, and it is often up to the researcher to discover them and protect themselves appropriately from the potential consequences. In contrast, pharmaceuticals manufacture requires multiple levels of quality assurance to make sure this sort of thing doesn't ever happen.

The problem here is that people are ordering and consuming chemicals that were not manufactured with these additional quality controls in place. Lacking the proper equipment and expertise to assess the quality on their own, they (often unknowingly) ingest materials of unknown composition.

There is something sadly ironic about all of this: The premise upon which (food and) drug regulation was first based upon (see the Food and Drugs act of 1906), was that the consumer had no assurances about the identity of the products they bought. Back then, opium was legal and in common use as a household medicine, but unscrupulous vendors often sold mislabeled or contaminated opium that killed people.

I really don't see vendors as being any more irresponsible than the users themselves. Many vendors act simply as resellers for a product. Such a product could be produced by a supplier who has no idea that the product will be ingested by humans. Given the gray market status of the products' (which will continue to be gray as long as they aren't regulated by, e.g. the FDA in the U.S), there is really no way to ensure that vendors comply with any particular quality specifications.

Looking on the bright side, I think it's remarkable how infrequent permanent damage and loss of life occur due to psychedelic research chemicals considering the number of untrained and careless people that handle and ingest them. Bluelight has played a positive role in encouraging safe behaviors, as this case clearly demonstrates. Perhaps if the Internet existed in 1906, we (in the U.S.) wouldn't have needed a Food and Drugs Act. Ultimately, one is responsible for their actions whether or not they were carried out in ignorance.

^^ i think the guy was refering to the mislabeling of the product (i may be wrong on this). which in this case was not the vendors fault from what i understand.

The original source's fault rather than the (now deceased :() vendor's fault if any blame is to be made, in my view. I agree with Delysym - your body, your responsibility. This stuff isn't sold "for human consumption" so those that choose to ignore that have to live with the consequences, sadly. Until common sense prevails and full-legalisation occurs its caveat emptor all the way :\

Right Shambles, the minute you break the whole "not for consumption" rule then its your duty to handle it in a responsible manner. Or at least, as safe as possible.

And I'll admit I havent been perfect in this regard either. Fortunately this event drives the point home. But I dont, and cant, and will not, expect a vendor who just wants to make a buck to hold my hand and take care of my safety. its not his job.

The original source's fault rather than the (now deceased :() vendor's fault if any blame is to be made, in my view. I agree with Delysym - your body, your responsibility. This stuff isn't sold "for human consumption" so those that choose to ignore that have to live with the consequences, sadly. Until common sense prevails and full-legalisation occurs its caveat emptor all the way :\

Agreed. Not to beat a dead horse or play the blame game or anything, but it really is up to the vendor to get an objective analysis of his products before he sells or comsumes them.
I hate to say it, but sometimes it takes something terrible like this to wake people up and take responsibility for what they put in their bodies.

There have been several new trials with this BrDFLY and people seem to respond normally to it, at least the 3-4 people who have tried it. everyone tried a dose measured like the last noted effective dose (~1mg).
only one person didnt like it (with no physical problems noted), the trip tended to last 16-20 hours and is pretty strong. Others noted that it was a pretty strong trip, not for everyone. Perhaps some changes in the dosage need to be made. ive been lazy on looking up the liuid measurement, but proly will soon for the next trials.
It seems that other experienced psychedelic users i know want to try this, so hopefuly someone will write up a report. if so ill be posting it on here and on another forum i post on.

Id really like to hear more info on dosing and the overall experience, and if there is anything it can be compared to..

Thats good news I must say.

I've heard different things about this, like he sent some out to people and then was found dead. I've heard the dosage was 18 mg, 23 mg, 4 mg, many different dosages. I heard it was tainted with some shit. I really don't know if its true or not, too many different stories.