• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Will Amphetamines help Opiate withdrawal?

A follow up study conducted in 2014 which involved Colasanti reinforced the initial findings of the 2012 publication.

In summary, we have replicated our previous findings that endogenous opioid release following an amphetamine challenge can be detected in multiple regions in the living human brain using [11C]carfentanil PET imaging. Importantly, we did not find that an oral amphetamine challenge produces euphoria/‘high’, which reduces the possibility of inducing unwanted behavioural adverse effects in vulnerable patient groups. This supports the use of our PET protocol in further defining the opioid system in neuropsychiatric disorders.

Link to the full text:
Amphetamine induced endogenous opioid release in the human brain detected with [11C]carfentanil PET: replication in an independent cohort (2014).

I was smoking an average of a g of black everyday for over 2 years. Tried to quit cold turkey a few times and couldn't ever make it past the first day. Four months ago I tried it again but i smoked some crystal just to feel something other than sick and I actually felt better. The restless legs, achiness, fatigue all decreased and yeah you don't sleep, but at least you're not awake and feeling like shit. I wouldn't say the wds went away completely but I felt a hell of a lot better and haven't wanted to do black since. Now I just have to manage my meth addiction....

When I am withdrawing from opiates IV meth actually helps to relieve my symptoms during the rush and even throughout my high. However, mixing a comedown with withdrawal can be terrible! Cocaine is a very bad idea while withdrawing. The rush is too short, which causes me to feel ten times worse once it wears off.

Meth has always helped my oxy withdrawals and so has mushrooms. I mean, you don't really want to replace one with the other long-term so I wouldn't slam it but meth can get you over the worst days.

there's a window of time where you can use meth and it will push back your withdrawals, it can be very useful in that regard, usually when I was starting to feel sick, and didn't have dope (always would have meth, shit's basically free when you got the right friends) I'd shoot some meth and it would keep me going for quite a few more hours allowing me to hustle up my dope money. But if you start crashing on meth while dope sick, oh man....

I have been on every pain medication there is and will say there all had coming off of. Switched the methadone clinic to come pain meds, ended up escalating to 120mg a day. I found I swapped one drug problem for another. Lost my job and had to stop cold turkey, most horrible withdrawals I've ever had. I should of learned my lesson, but listen to other ppl a swapped to subxone to come off methadone and again I'm coming off that cold turkey. I thinks it's just as bad as the methadone. So I would say if ur going through withdrawals and want to truly stop, then stop, tough it out, and do not swap one addictive drug for another.

I haven't got an answer on the thread I created and this is way off of halls topic guys but I have a question.
I currently take 16 or more mg of subutext a day and ran out a few days ago I know I can put a 25mcg fent patch on and not overdose, but what about chewing it? Please help!

well, transdermal actually has a higher BA than buccal administration, but I'm pretty sure with buccal use, you'd be absorbing the fentanyl at a faster rate, since transdermal makes it act as an ER medication. I would think about just wearing the patch, fentanyl's killed too many people, and it seems like it's pretty hard to reliably dose when you use the patch any way other than transdermal.

Yes it definitely did in my case,just smoked some go-go and I only had a couple signs. Like excessive sneezing. But it worked great too my subs and I'm good. No more go-go though...

forgive me if i have misunderstood so your saying you quit opiods then ised stims to help the withdraw but only took oxys and dilaudid but you think your clean somehow? what makes you think when you stop the stims and opiods if your still doing them you wont go into a withdrawal of both? i mean it depends on the stimulant and the person but uppers and downers dont mix at the best of times( not in a safe way) so when you eventually stop them all if you choose too you might be in for a rough time, i dont want to come across nooby in the subject im 18 ( might be a hear younger but not quite sure om the rules here for age) and i was addicted to opiates/opiods and benzos for 3 years and stopping them both cold turkey is fucking horrible but you thank yourself after, no ones ever a ex addict, once an addict always an addict but atleast if you manage to stop without just changing the poison you would be better off, methadone and subutex are fine but its my belief they just create a bigger problem down the road, youll have a tough couple months and stay involved with a doctor but its worth it if you dont take anything instead just try flush your body and get as much rest as possible( i know sounds stupid considering what happens when you withdraw) but thats my 2 pence added hope it helped in some way if not maybe it will someone else!

Actually have used to crystal for a very bad heroin addiction. Was surprised that it actually makes you feel like your not WD at all. Highly recommend have benzos for the comedown to make pass out. Went about my life went to work and you wouldn't know a difference. Blew my mind

I think amphetamines make my opiate withdrawl more intense, it doesn't mean my withdrawls, it makes me more aware and sensitive to what I'm feeling that is uncomfortable, and also when I take amphetamines during opiate withdrawl, I feel like how you feel when you crash , the whole time from onset to the time it wears off. I'm a believer that somehow opiate Withdrawl and amphetamine use have some sort of Connection, like a defiency in brain chemicals due to opiate withdrawl that the amphetamines need to work properly...it's just my belief and call me crazy :)

I have been taking dextroamphetamines for 53 years. I only use them for special needs like exams, paper writing or studying. So, perhaps 3-5 times/ year. Never addicted. Never had bad crashes. In fact, I owe my entire professional career to amphetamines.I haven't taken them for about three years and then I needed some recently and was dismayed. The 5mg tabs that usually worked so well, had no effect. I upped the dose to 10mg and then 15mg every hour. Still no effect. I switched to the spantials (15mg) and then 30mg spansules. Slight mood elevation but no increased motivation. Anybody have any idea what is going on? Do I need a higher dose?

ok amps help for w/d during the day , especially if you have work because they give u energy, u just feel like shit but u have energy so they can help. if your at home w/d with nothing to do, dont take amps, take sleep aids... basically my 2 cents

Amphetamines and Neurontin DEF DO WORK WONDERS for opiate withdrawal. But if you go the Amph route. Don't get high off of them. You might need like a 20mg when you wake up that's it depending on your tolerance. But my main point here was invest in some strong benzos if you choose adderall for opiate withdrawal. Cause if you dont sleep you'll just keep eating the Addy to feel better then you'll run out,be at square one with less money and no drugs lol.

I have been taking dextroamphetamines for 53 years. I only use them for special needs like exams, paper writing or studying. So, perhaps 3-5 times/ year. Never addicted. Never had bad crashes. In fact, I owe my entire professional career to amphetamines.I haven't taken them for about three years and then I needed some recently and was dismayed. The 5mg tabs that usually worked so well, had no effect. I upped the dose to 10mg and then 15mg every hour. Still no effect. I switched to the spantials (15mg) and then 30mg spansules. Slight mood elevation but no increased motivation. Anybody have any idea what is going on? Do I need a higher dose?
If you're taking adderall for what 53 years? (Dont quote me) not important. 5 mgs,10...15mgs to you is NOTHING. You need 30mg extended release as soon as you wake up then 20mg Immediate release around 2 o'clock. Might have some trouble sleeping at first but talk to your doctor about that. But to answer your question:Yes. You need a massive dosage increase.

Endsurg
And what are Spansuls? Get on Adderall or Vyvanse. Tell your Doc exactly what you told us and you wanna switch to Adderall. It's arguably the best med.

apparently I'm answering this one slightly late - but - it does what it says. Clean since 2011. There are some uncomfortalbe anxious moments but honestly you get through them. A warm bath, a walk and most of all Having YOUR OWN MIND made up to do it! The human mind is pure magic! Good Luck to anyone who may try this! <3