• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
many drugs aren't physically addictive but the physical and physcholigal symptoms of stress caused by cessation can be pretty nasty from e.g amphetamine and this overarches my earlier post about stopping using x drug being far worse than the initial detox in my opinion. Heroin withdrawal was nasty but no where near as hard to get over long term compared to amphetamine or ghb or benzos.

Pretty much any strong GABAergic. Since GABA, drugs that potentiate its action, and drugs that work on the GABA-A and GABA-B receptors, are anti-convulsant in nature, withdrawal from such drugs is the opposite - conductive to seizures, which can be fatal.

Death is probably the worst outcome from withdrawal so yeah.

If we don't include that then it really depends on the user's own physical and mental well-being and the severity of their use, their support network, and the manner in which they cease their use that determine the severity of the withdrawal for them so there's no real concrete answer. One person's going to have a tougher time coming off their anti-depressants than from their pain meds, while another might find both of those a breeze but find it impossible to quit smoking.

Well I guese Gabagerics, though I've never experience full blown out witdrawls from them...usually I get really bad re-bound anxiety, muscle aches, deppressed, don't wanna leave house, and get short-fused with people. Oxy and Hydrocodone sucks, but in terms of opiates the worst one I came off of was the good ole' natural Poppy Pods...in a way after a while they seem to work as a maintiance drug since they seem to have such a long half-life or some shit, when my supply of those ran out, I got on Kratom, was tough the first week then leveled out, but was still using pill with the kratom to...anyway my vote is for pods SO FAR. Been on Subs for about a year and a half and really just don't wanna think about that from the stories I read...Will have plenty of Lope,Kratom,and Poppy Pods/Seeds around when that day comes, or just go to the Methadone Clinic since I am fine with being on Maintaince for the rest of my life, pretty much the first time in my life I have felt stable, or well stable enough.

Each withdrawal at the time I was goin through it, but benzos, Bottom line - even worse than methadone and heroin!

Last edited:
I always found Alcohol and Benzo/Thienodiazepines to differ quite greatly upon cessation - EtOH WD felt far more physical.

Benzos for the win.

I didn't know a human being could feel that bad...for that long. Etizolam was the first drug that made me seriously consider suicide as a viable way out. Makes opiate withdrawal feel like a head cold. 0/10 will never do again.

i concur with my esteemed colleagues; etizolam, hands down. coming off that after two years was the scariest experience of my entire life

On a minor benzo wd 200mgs alp and like 500mg valium in a a month or so
And long term methadone just stopped two days ago so I'll let you know.

Fentanyl, as the initial dose of methadone would be huge. Plus, there is no other way imo

My first post, long time reader tho. I always come to this site before making a decision.
I would have to say for me the hardest thing to stop was alcohol, yeah no joke. I was a 750ml a day vodka drinker. Also a pain pill taker that started with 5s. that turn into 20s, 80s, iv use of 80s then heroin sniffing and shooting cause it was cheaper. Also had long runs with coke, same goes for that, sniffing , iv, then shooting crack cause it was way cheaper then powder. Special K was a buddy for a long time, iv use with that I didn't like. also along with extasy, only sniffed that and to orally. Still after all I had mentioned the alcohol was the worst I felt when I stopped. I drink here and there once in the blue moon, but now I traded that for the pain meds again and its sucking the life out of me financially. I used to go out all the time, go to dinner with my girlfriend and her son. Now we live in separate places, (not cause of the use of pills) she has some mental problems and we are just taking a break till she can see the doctor. It's been a long 16yrs of drug use and it's hasn't been a fun one considering what all I had going for me.

I don't remember posting on here, I probly did, but want to post again.

I voted for Heroin.

That w/d, was the only 1 that I wanted to commit suicide on, I literally couldn't handle 30 mins of it, it's just so fucking INTENSE. I was smoking black tar heroin, never IV'd, for a little over a year.
But the w/d got so bad because, I was on other opiates before I started heroin. 3 years of hydrocodone abuse, 80-120mg daily, 3 years of oxycodone abuse, 120-200mg daily, after pills got WAY too expensive, I made the biggest mistake of my life and started chasing the dragon (smoking heroin), after I hit rock bottom, sold everything, stole almost everything in my parents house, I had no choice but to commit to them that I am an addict and need help, it was that, or 6 feet under. My parents saw me sick like a dog, it was winter time, they were wearing jackets, and I was literally sweating like I just got out the shower, puking everywhere, my legs would not stop twirling around in pain (RLS), dehydrated, I was puking yellow stuff, that tasted so bitter, I knew for a fact that's the poison from heroin trying to come out of my body. So my parents rushed me to the hospital, the nurses saw how I was, and they literally let me in a room in less than 30 mins, compared to a 6-8 hour waiting list, they imedialtey IV'd me Ativan for the shakes and anxiety, promethazine for the nausea, and morphine for the pain, after I got medicated, I finally calmed down A BIT. I never lied to the doctors or nurses or my parents what im in the ER for, but they were cool enough to take care of me THAT DAY. The doctor said to my parents, you have 2 choices to save your son, REHAB OR MMT. Now, we're not a rich family, who can afford $15k-$20k a month for rehab, so they rushed me to MMT, and I can honestly say, methadone DID save my life. Imagine their was no such thing as MMT clinics or such, its an addicts worst nightmare, but I thank god for methadone, it's literally a life saver for addicts.

After that, I never touched heroin again, its pure fucking poison, who knows wtf people put in that shit.
Ever since then, I never fucked around with street drugs, Pharmacuticals are CLEAN, and you KNOW what you're taking.

So yeah, Methadone, I love you, and thank you for saving my life.

Hmmm.. Ive withdrawn from many. Id say either alcohol or methadone. Both were horrendous! Im pretty sure both wds have already been described and discussed so... Back to work!

I voted for Methadone. By far the worst kick I've ever been through. I'm actually surprised that Methadone wasn't higher up there in the survey results.

I don't remember posting on here, I probly did, but want to post again.

I voted for Heroin.

That w/d, was the only 1 that I wanted to commit suicide on, I literally couldn't handle 30 mins of it, it's just so fucking INTENSE. I was smoking black tar heroin, never IV'd, for a little over a year.
But the w/d got so bad because, I was on other opiates before I started heroin. 3 years of hydrocodone abuse, 80-120mg daily, 3 years of oxycodone abuse, 120-200mg daily, after pills got WAY too expensive, I made the biggest mistake of my life and started chasing the dragon (smoking heroin), after I hit rock bottom, sold everything, stole almost everything in my parents house, I had no choice but to commit to them that I am an addict and need help, it was that, or 6 feet under. My parents saw me sick like a dog, it was winter time, they were wearing jackets, and I was literally sweating like I just got out the shower, puking everywhere, my legs would not stop twirling around in pain (RLS), dehydrated, I was puking yellow stuff, that tasted so bitter, I knew for a fact that's the poison from heroin trying to come out of my body. So my parents rushed me to the hospital, the nurses saw how I was, and they literally let me in a room in less than 30 mins, compared to a 6-8 hour waiting list, they imedialtey IV'd me Ativan for the shakes and anxiety, promethazine for the nausea, and morphine for the pain, after I got medicated, I finally calmed down A BIT. I never lied to the doctors or nurses or my parents what im in the ER for, but they were cool enough to take care of me THAT DAY. The doctor said to my parents, you have 2 choices to save your son, REHAB OR MMT. Now, we're not a rich family, who can afford $15k-$20k a month for rehab, so they rushed me to MMT, and I can honestly say, methadone DID save my life. Imagine their was no such thing as MMT clinics or such, its an addicts worst nightmare, but I thank god for methadone, it's literally a life saver for addicts.

After that, I never touched heroin again, its pure fucking poison, who knows wtf people put in that shit.
Ever since then, I never fucked around with street drugs, Pharmacuticals are CLEAN, and you KNOW what you're taking.

So yeah, Methadone, I love you, and thank you for saving my life.

That's what I thought until I decided I didn't want to be plugged to any drugs. That means no methadone.

It's like your Heroin withdraw every day for almost a month. And that success thought. Not at all.
It never ends you see. Then, when you think it's over. Where are your happiness??

Guess what! you have no endorphin, no real motive to live. Well I'm forced to think otherwise.
And about suicided thoughts? ..knock your head all the time now!!

People say that in a couple of months I SHOULD be better. NO not really. It may take one year.
You just switched heroin for a legal much more potent opiate. Try to quit that, you'll see..

BTW, did you know heroin came to relieve those poor addicted to morphine early in 1910/20?
Now you've gotten Methadone. EasyWay, merely illusion.
It did save your life man, it's just not meant to be 4ever IME/O.

Last edited:
funny the poll doesn't mention weed. That and nicotine prob the only things I've withdrawn from. Out of the 20+drugs I've tried I never let my self become physically dependent on any pharms. Got some rebound effects from benzo binges tho. +1 for P-Man

I totally agree with erikmen.

Methadone was by far the worst drug to come off of, hands down.
The only reason it still exists IMO is greed.
If I truly didn't give a fuck I would open a methadone clinic.

Not that suboxone is a wonder drug, but I've had the displeasure of experiencing both and I'll choose a sub withdrawal any day of the year over methadone.

I have had opiate and benzo withdrawal at the same time, that is unimaginable, even in a hospital setting, will never do that again.