• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
I know from first glance it appears that benzos seem to have the highest number of votes...buuuuut...technically, when you tally the total number of votes that are opiate exclusive....it appears opiates/opioids have the most votes.

It's has to do with the way the pole is set up. If the pole would have sub-categorized individual benzos i.e Alprazolam, Diazepam, Clonazepam, just to name a few, like it did with opiates/opioids.... I'm sure the numbers would be a lot different.

But hey, it's all for fun and games.

i'd have to say it was when I was taking 200mg of seroquel and i stopped cold turkey (bad decision) worst stomach pains of my life ironically the pains were only cured by eating a lot of food

Definitely Opiates and Benzo's... After several months of heavy drinking isn't fun either but it goes away fast.

Drug addiction goes way behond the acute or protrcted withdrawal, that literally is the easy part. Addiction is addiction is addiction regardless of the substance involved.

i'd have to say it was when I was taking 200mg of seroquel and i stopped cold turkey (bad decision) worst stomach pains of my life ironically the pains were only cured by eating a lot of food
Hey fark, how did it go with the seroquel? I have tapered from 200 down to 50, hope to phase off this shit one day if I can ever remember how to sleep again :) I sure had severe night sweats cutting down, but that was it. Did you ever get clean off Sera?

Drug addiction goes way behond the acute or protrcted withdrawal, that literally is the easy part. Addiction is addiction is addiction regardless of the substance involved.

I would agree to this as the greater the addiction the more it increases various symptoms of withdrawal. A very addictive type of personality will make withdrawal much more difficult to tolerate and overcome after the primary course of symptoms alleviate.

Opiates and Benzos combined is terrible...
Benzos alone are far worse than just opiate withdrawal...
Amphetamine withdrawal...

They all have a bit of hell. All three together is death. It all depends on your choices how you map out and try to avoid them. Sometimes experience alone works, but in a case where addiction is too great even experience in all it's terrific entirety is not greater than the compulsion of addictive decision making. Keep check all the time... Try as best you can, anyway.

Last edited:
Does anyone actually successfully recover from benzos though? I mean... I was so close and it makes me mad that she fucked it up by putting me on carbamazepine when I TOLD HER it would clear my Valium faster... So she bumped me from 5 to 10 with the script and sent me on my way and now I'm back to fucking 20 (where I started) and pissed. Does it not say in the manual to not add drugs, to not increase dose? I mean... I actually tried to be med compliant for once and get screwed.

Replying to an old post, but oh well. I'm pretty sure most people do end up fully recovering from benzos. After my last kindling relapse on the shit I was actually ADVISED by my doctor to taper over 4 days. FOUR FUCKING DAYS after multiple cold turkey attempts and 5 years on that garbage. I got hooked before I made it outta high school. Well, after 7 months living on no sleep and diet sprite, 2 seizures, using a lot of heroin, and an additional 7 months of total sobriety except for cigs and mushrooms a couple times I can tell I'll be fine pretty soon.

It's fucked up how they treat you, call you a liar when you've been off of it for so long, try to put you on other shit, try to further diagnose you with shit you don't have when you're just experiencing withdrawal etc. A lot of what they do doesn't make any sense.

Shit took everything I loved man. My kid, my woman, my job, my house, everything. I refused to keep taking their poison. If I could do it over again would I? Probably not but I know life will be good again. Nothing wrong with doing what you need to do to get through life on the other hand. My choices were lose everything to regain myself or keep everything to continue losing myself.

My insurance got cut off too btw and I wasn't going to try to score feeling the way I was for the rest if my life. Lol

Last edited:
i've used benzos a lot but never long enough consecutively to get severe withdrawals. i do my best to avoid that situation by using benzos sparingly. i never really do more than 4mg in one day, although i have a few times. i never use more than 3 days in a row, and i usually don't even use weekly. i mostly just binge occasionally. i sometimes will go months without them.

i have been a heroin addict for 3 years now. the first year was strictly intranasal and smoked, on and off for about 8 months before becoming a daily user. i IV'ed for the first time and immediately quit for 3 months. i came back to it and became a daily IV user to this day. that 3 months was the only time i ever quit for more than a week. i've only gone a week without H a handful of times. i go into withdrawals quite often since i'm broke a lot or can't get a ride to cop. going through heroin withdrawal is complete agony every time.

after 12-24 hours, depending on how much i've done, i begin to ill. i know i've entered withdrawal when i sneeze for the first time. my mind goes into a state of despair and shitty anxiety. scoring some dope will be the only thing i think about. some people get the sweats but i only get chills. even in the summer i will feel extremely cold. my body temperature feels like it has dramatically dropped. i can be in sweaters, or under a few blankets, have the heat on full blast, etc but it won't help that much because it is my body that is cold. the only thing that helps is a bath/shower. i don't get nauseous or the shits, although i will have to take a shit and it usually hurts because of how dry it is. plus it sucks to sit on the freezing ass toilet seat. i will sneeze often and every time i sneeze it is 5 consecutive sneezes. i can't stop yawning and it makes my eyes super watery all day long. it is pretty hard to eat even though i'm hungry. it's mainly just getting things down my throat that is the hard part, and the fact that my stomach feels all turned around and whatnot. one of the worst parts for me is that i am extremely weak and feel like i have no energy. getting out of bed, walking, picking something up, changing my clothes, basically "doing" anything feels like a chore. it is very difficult just to move, but laying down sucks too. i don't feel that much better by not moving. if i stand/walk for any amount of time i will feel sore very quickly. my legs and feet will feel like i just ran 3 miles just from walking DOWN the stairs. having stairs in my house sucks pretty bad. there's also a feeling that i wanna just crawl out of my own skin. it's hard to explain but other junkies will know what i mean. it's an irritable feeling that never ends. the sniffles bug the shit out of me too. my nose will run and run and run yet my cough will be so dry and my throat will be super itchy. can't forget about the RLS. i will tap my legs and feet every single second of my withdrawal. insomnia will make me want to shoot myself. i'll be awake for 36 hours and finally get to sleep but i will just toss and turn and wake up every 30 mins and every single time it will be a challenge to fall back asleep. even though i haven't slept i will never even feel tired at all. the anxiety is horrible. it is impossible to feel content doing anything. i cannot focus on anything and i constantly feel like i need to be doing something else but i just can't, unless it involves scoring dope. i think that covers just about all of the symptoms i feel...

all of this is relieved the instant a bit of heroin enters my bloodstream through a syringe... this is all i live for... it is depressing...

benzos by far.

IME makes opiate, even longterm high dose MMT wihrawals seemed easy in coparison wih he benzo w/d and he awefull benzo PAWS which i have suffered from for months in he past!

I would rather CT, or taper any opiate than go through benzo CT or taper (at the doses i'm on, for the amount of years i've been on them), either way it's 2 years to a lifetime of benzo wihdrawals (rebound anxiety, worse insomnia, PAWS etc.)....

Opiate w/d SUCKS, but it's a lot faster over and done with and wih help from Rx meds like gabpanein, clonidine, loperamide, and an exceptional benzo etc., opiate w/d far is far easier... not relapsing is the hardest wih opiaes, no the w/d iself, again IMO/ IME... :\

Last edited:
i've used benzos a lot but never long enough consecutively to get severe withdrawals. i do my best to avoid that situation by using benzos sparingly. i never really do more than 4mg in one day, although i have a few times. i never use more than 3 days in a row, and i usually don't even use weekly. i mostly just binge occasionally. i sometimes will go months without them.

i have been a heroin addict for 3 years now. the first year was strictly intranasal and smoked, on and off for about 8 months before becoming a daily user. i IV'ed for the first time and immediately quit for 3 months. i came back to it and became a daily IV user to this day. that 3 months was the only time i ever quit for more than a week. i've only gone a week without H a handful of times. i go into withdrawals quite often since i'm broke a lot or can't get a ride to cop. going through heroin withdrawal is complete agony every time.

after 12-24 hours, depending on how much i've done, i begin to ill. i know i've entered withdrawal when i sneeze for the first time. my mind goes into a state of despair and shitty anxiety. scoring some dope will be the only thing i think about. some people get the sweats but i only get chills. even in the summer i will feel extremely cold. my body temperature feels like it has dramatically dropped. i can be in sweaters, or under a few blankets, have the heat on full blast, etc but it won't help that much because it is my body that is cold. the only thing that helps is a bath/shower. i don't get nauseous or the shits, although i will have to take a shit and it usually hurts because of how dry it is. plus it sucks to sit on the freezing ass toilet seat. i will sneeze often and every time i sneeze it is 5 consecutive sneezes. i can't stop yawning and it makes my eyes super watery all day long. it is pretty hard to eat even though i'm hungry. it's mainly just getting things down my throat that is the hard part, and the fact that my stomach feels all turned around and whatnot. one of the worst parts for me is that i am extremely weak and feel like i have no energy. getting out of bed, walking, picking something up, changing my clothes, basically "doing" anything feels like a chore. it is very difficult just to move, but laying down sucks too. i don't feel that much better by not moving. if i stand/walk for any amount of time i will feel sore very quickly. my legs and feet will feel like i just ran 3 miles just from walking DOWN the stairs. having stairs in my house sucks pretty bad. there's also a feeling that i wanna just crawl out of my own skin. it's hard to explain but other junkies will know what i mean. it's an irritable feeling that never ends. the sniffles bug the shit out of me too. my nose will run and run and run yet my cough will be so dry and my throat will be super itchy. can't forget about the RLS. i will tap my legs and feet every single second of my withdrawal. insomnia will make me want to shoot myself. i'll be awake for 36 hours and finally get to sleep but i will just toss and turn and wake up every 30 mins and every single time it will be a challenge to fall back asleep. even though i haven't slept i will never even feel tired at all. the anxiety is horrible. it is impossible to feel content doing anything. i cannot focus on anything and i constantly feel like i need to be doing something else but i just can't, unless it involves scoring dope. i think that covers just about all of the symptoms i feel...

all of this is relieved the instant a bit of heroin enters my bloodstream through a syringe... this is all i live for... it is depressing...

I feel you.
Slept once in 5 days, and even that took a potent hypnotic - Nifoxipam.
Though other than insomnia, this kick is pretty easy.

Alcohol was the worst for myself,
Worse than OxyContin. With oxy I had the basic dope sickness which was not fun by any means.
Alcohol on the other hand was horrible. The shakes, puking, depression that came with the withdrawals are something I wish on no one. I'm 21 months sober now and still the monster wants out every now and then. I tell everyone who has the misfortune of being an addict, or recovering addict that acceptance is the one thing we must always work on.
Accept that your demon will return and then accept that you will not go with him, as the big book says: this to shall pass!!

SUBOXONE!! Worst WD because it takes such a long time. This is the end of my 5th month being off 8/2 mg Sub strips and I just bought one the other day out of nowhere... I guess I gave in to a craving or something... But yeah SUBOXONE is the worst in my book. I have WD from Adderall, and Xanax before too. (All WDs suck b@!!$, of course)

I've detoxed off most these drugs and I'd 100% say benzos... followed by methadone and subutex, then dope and all other opiates. Crack and meth/amphetamines are like a week of feeling a little bad... not even comparable to benzos/methadone. SSRI's can suck too. The absolute worst would have to be a combo like going to jail and cold turkeying benzos/opiates/meth/alcohol. A buddy of mine did that and went insane.

Agree was taking 6-8 80mg Oxys and
5-6 2mg xanax a day for over 20 years, hardest withdrawal ever!!
Had seizure in bathtub, almost died but mom knocked on door and heard weird noises, she broke the door and my father revived me , literally saved my life!
Took about 30 days to feel kinda normal , but the first 14 days or so we're the worst feeling ever!!!

Now on low dose of suboxone,
Which I think is great for W/D's
and you can't get high
Haven't taken any opiates in years
Even though I have easy access
And sometimes they pass through my hands , I resist..
Thank god
And RIP to my best friend Drew P.
who past away in 2002, from OD
his brother passes away this year
From same and his wife Stephanie
Past a few years ago, and to my ex
Deenie RIP.. Miss you
Xoxo

All these lost loved ones from this disease!
And all these insurance companies paying for people to get addicted ,but no insurance companies pay for Suboxone!!!!! WTF???

A big RACKET!!!

SUBOXONE!! Worst WD because it takes such a long time. This is the end of my 5th month being off 8/2 mg Sub strips and I just bought one the other day out of nowhere... I guess I gave in to a craving or something... But yeah SUBOXONE is the worst in my book. I have WD from Adderall, and Xanax before too. (All WDs suck b@!!$, of course)

Completely agree with you. Suboxone is the worst. For me, it was the post acute withdrawals associated with suboxone that were the hardest to get through -- the psychological torment of ongoing PAWs was really difficult.

My worst withdrawal experience of all time has to be when I was previously prescribed 3 xanax bars a day and was a heavy heroin/hydromorphone and cocaine IV drug user. I got a section 35, here in Mass, that's just when the courts make u go to detox. After the 7 days in detox (where you are still given methadone everyday, and I was still given my bars 3 times a day, yet I was coming off a 300 to 400 dollar a day habit which I had maintained for almost 3 years) I was extremely sick from the opiates finally leaving my system, and discovered that my "friends" had taken my basically brand new prescription of bars on me thinking I wasn't getting out. My doctor was on vacation and all I could do was go to the ER each day and get administered 1mg of xanax a day. I did that for the first three days to keep from dying ( that's what it felt like anyways) I had to take random drug tests, which weren't so random, about 5 days a week, while on trial so I didn't use any opiates or cocaine. I made so many desperate attempts calling my doctor's private practice and trying to get the other doctor he worked with to write me out a fresh xanax bar script that when he came back from vaca he wouldn't issue me a new script. The way I remember it (this was over ten years ago) my withdrawals lasted about a month, where I would sleep maybe every third day or so. After that I was able to sleep and eat again but anxiety was through the roof for at least another month. I was just shocked that I didn't die.

Most definitely opana. The withdrawal is so bad, and so quick. If u go to sleep am hour after your dose, and sleep just a few minutes, you are in withdrawal