• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
Good for you David, really!

My hospital setting is now over.

I just want it to be over..some peace of mind for a change.

I totally agree with erikmen.

Methadone was by far the worst drug to come off of, hands down.
The only reason it still exists IMO is greed.
If I truly didn't give a fuck I would open a methadone clinic.

Not that suboxone is a wonder drug, but I've had the displeasure of experiencing both and I'll choose a sub withdrawal any day of the year over methadone.

I have had opiate and benzo withdrawal at the same time, that is unimaginable, even in a hospital setting, will never do that again.

Gotta agree with ya man good point on the greed shit.
those clinics are money mills, that being said I believe maintenance isn't all bad it really dose save some people.

Should be permanent tho as its ruff on the body and really gets you strung out when you stop.

And I'm currently comin off a nice habit of both it sucks ass hole.

Last couple days have been shit but today I'm feelin good.

19 months. Still feeling shitty from the benzos. 19 fucking months son. But yo I hit a year clean of the dog food on valentines day.

@goodrappergonebad once you get off the xan stay off.. Do the WD once. Last time I relapsed back in '13 I fucked myself hard son.

The thing about quitting benzodiazepines IMO/E is dealing with the psychological constant withdraw and to relearn how to think without any brain muscle relaxants, so to speak.

There is certain level of anxiety that we forget we have when using benzos, so everything seems a bit more challenging and that can be difficult to deal with.

I believe it's very hard to quit benzos for good, but imo, it can't be compared to other addictions. Opiates for instance is just so much different. Different challenges..

funny the poll doesn't mention weed. That and nicotine prob the only things I've withdrawn from. Out of the 20+drugs I've tried I never let my self become physically dependent on any pharms. Got some rebound effects from benzo binges tho. +1 for P-Man

It doesn't mention weed, because weed withdrawal is nothing. Caffeine withdrawal is more serious...

Xanax for sure. Im just after spending 9 weeks in our psychiatric ward and I went through the horrors with withdrawals, I swear I wouldnt wish it on my worse enemy. Xxx

I would have to say methadone or suboxone because, it last a ridiculously long ass time, weeks depending on how long you've been taking your dose. Suboxone is weeks of hell but doans seem to ease the DT's a lot but you have to wait several days to take it after the suboxone.

I've never been addicted to benzo's, but methadone sucked pretty hard...I had a month or more of withdrawals, GI issues/insomnia/inability to regulate body temp/etc. And the depression was unholy...But looking through this thread, it seems BZD's are even worse. I feel lucky I haven't had to go through that.

I've withdrawled from every drug except alcohol and even tho the benzo withdrawal sucked I think the longest and most painfulest withdrawal would have to have been when I went off 110mg of methadone in jail. I was dead sick almost 2 months.

I never experienced a suboxin withdrawal either actually, I was on 8mg 4x a day for 6months and just stopped and felt fine. for the longest I didn't believe people when they said they had withdrawals from it but now I understand everyone's body is different

Did you taper down from 32 mg a day or just stopped ct. .. That's nuts if you didn't feel anything. .. I am on 8 weeks off of H and still feeling like shit better every week but no energy

I remember going cold turkey after eating about 300-500 2mg Xanax bars in a few months...Was not cool. I was stuck in a couch and was sweating balls and felt like dying for about 4 days straight maybe.

It fucked with my head permanently. That withdrawal experience was four years ago, and to this day I stay the fuck away from Benzo'z. I no longer get euphoria. I go from..."damn I feel chill...and then blackout and do stupid shit.

The thing is I don't think it's the withdrawal that's as bad as the 'Black out' stage. In this stage you can get yourself killed,or kill someone else. Or end up in Jail for the rest of your life.

I can drink like a fish and pass the fuck out...I take too much Benzo and I become violent and wreckless shit

Last edited:
Suboxone and Methadone it is the worst. It took me 42 days just to start sleeping again and I didn't eat for 8 days, it's the worst pain ever sometimes I'd rather get hit by a truck

Suboxone and Methadone it is the worst. It took me 42 days just to start sleeping again and I didn't eat for 8 days, it's the worst pain ever sometimes I'd rather get hit by a truck

How many MG's of Methadone were you on & for his long?

Strange that so many voted for benzos. Ever try meditation and learning to master your own thoughts? Aside from possible seizures, the benzo withdrawal is 100% psychological, but then again, anxiety itself is a psychological problem, not a physical one. Evidence of this is to have someone with anxiety take LSD and have a panic attack... they will really think they are dying, even worse than benzo withdrawal. Although then again, very people in the western world ever learn to work on controlling their conscious mind, hence why drugs are so often used to treat problems that are actually psychological in nature, instead of chemical. This applies for most drug addiction.

As for something like heroin, there are physical withdrawals which cannot be overpowered by a normal mind, unless you can learn to access the brain which is responsible for reactions to said physical stimuli, which I think is outside the realm of possibility for people at the current evolutionary position.

This is gonna sound weird but the only drug I've had withdrawals from is diphenhydramine. I was taking anywhere from 175-250mg a day for a couple months, I was on smaller doses for another couple months before that. I was just taking them for a quick sleep.

When I stopped it felt like my skin was trying to escape from my body. I couldn't sleep and would squirm around, kicking and flailing in my bed for at least 5 hours. The only thing that put me out in that state was .75mg of Xanax and some weed.