• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelic Media Thread

^Exactly, I really hate "Mega Threads"... all topics get lost under one TOTALLY uselessly generic title. Who opens up megathreads, wondering, "Gee, I wonder what's new in 'random stuff beginning with the letter H' or "Media" today? NO ONE! Mega-threads are a complete misunderstanding of the way people want to be directed to information. They are a complete MIS-use of the internet in a really fundamental way. They should be banned by international law!

People scan a list of TOPIC NAMES and pick ones that have some SPECIFIC and PARTICULAR topic they might be interested in reading or commenting on. They NEVER EVER look in broad "totally random jumbled up posts about every thing in a huge generalized area" thread. ALSO: replies are all glommed together as all replies to anything ever posted in the megathread... so it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a contiguous conversation about anything. Hence the megathread is really deeply flawed and pointless way to organize things.

"Reduce clutter"??? What clutter??? Who gives a rat's ass about "thread clutter" LOL! How incredibly ridiculous! THAT'S WHAT COMPUTERS AND YOUR SCROLL BAR ARE FOR, SILLY! Besides, the World Wide Web IS one immense disorganized clutter! But one you can search on, or dive into, or skim quickly past AS YOU WISH. That's the entire point... it's not called the "World Wide Highly Concise Uncluttered Ultra Organized As Short As Possible List" now is it?!

Mention of "reducing clutter" in discussion forums, which I see people occasionally obsessing on, makes me "Howl" with amusement!

And no, Cloudy, I don't really think you have OCD... I was just playing Don Rickles and giving a little ribbing is all. Good lord I am a psychological basket case myself if ever there was one!

Anyway, sorry, rant over... forget all that now and lets get back to talking about Ginsberg, Howl, your favorite lines, James Franco's performance, or even just how Franco is the dreamiest sweetest stud-pup doll to come out of Hollywood in a long while!

Last edited:
I don't see the point in this thread.

I don't see the point in my comment either.

I can see the point of my nose though.

Hence the megathread is really deeply flawed and pointless way to organize things.

Try organising things then...it ain't easy easy (or squeeeezy). ;)

Nah, I'm all up for jibber jabber, but seriously, these threads are dead boring. Just my 13 shillings and a ha'pence.

i saw this. I was baked though I don't remember too much of it. It was pretty sick cinematically. Also, James Franco went to my highschool haha.

Too funny JF went to your high school!

Sucks this"Howl" topic got Assimilated into this stupidly overgeneralized "Media" thread. Totally useless. A Megathread about a particular substance IS useful because it really is a rather narrow topic... just one substance. But a megathread about "MEDIA"??? ***ALL POSSIBLE*** "Media"? Gimme a break, that covers everything from graffiti to TV to Newspapers to Interactive Websites to Games to etc. I and everyone else are completely disinterested in 99% of all media, hence I am sure NO ONE EVER checks this thread.

Besides, this movie is NOT an instance of "psychedelic media". It's just that its about a person who might be important to users of psychedelics.

Over-aggressive thread-nannyism strikes again. I guess Mods feel a need to prove they are useful so feel compelled to mess around where no messing is actually needed. Oh well.

So, WHERE might a topic with ITS OWN TOPIC NAME be posted on BL about a particular movie of interest to psychedelic users?

Also, the "over generalized Mega-thread" suckiness could be eliminated if MegaThreads could have their own named-sub-topics. I've seen forums that could do this, but I guess that is not possible with this particular forum package? And I guess the governors here are not capable enough to figure out a way around these shortcomings.

Why not an AREA on Psychedelic Media, in which separate topics could be posted with their own names that could be more helpful to the user community scanning for things that might interest them?

Again, Oh well. It is what it is.

Hey, doesn't this belong in the Psychedelic Media megathread where it can be buried and lost forever and no one will ever see it again? 8)

Haha. Probably ;) ... but I think this deserves it's own thread. It needs to be seen by everyone.

thanks for the link. It seems like a few people on this board object to a lot of strassmans theories, and make valid points for doing so, and im definitely no expert, but no matter what you think about all that this deserves a watch, or better yet read the book. It seems extremely obvious to me through my own experience, that there is something very special to dmt and psilocin, and a few other closely related tryptamines.

I use to think all 5ht2a receptor psychedelics were created equal (because I know very, very little about brain chemistry and how psychedelics effect it and wont pretend to), or that they could all produce entities and alien landscapes, etc etc, but I have found this not to be the case. I thought if you just increased the doses of phenethylamines that similar states would eventually be produced, but again, this is not the case. I have pushed several PEA's as far as I am willing to go safety-wise and still have not been presented to the kind of place the special tryptamines will.

just my two cents, and its not even worth that, so take it for what you will. Maybe my own preconceptions about the mystical states tryptamines produce vs. PEA's is muddying my judgement here, but I dont think so, well not to much anyways. I mean with dmt just by pushing the dose you can consistently produce (and when I say consistently I mean Ive smoked high dose dmt half a dozen times and have broken through 2 times) mystical states. If I push the dose with PEA's I just feel poisoned.

I was extremely disapointed with this documentary.

I had really set myself up for it though.

For instance, I have already learned pretty much all that is known about DMT, well, actually, im sure there is lots of stuff I dont know... But, the movie didnt bring any new information AT ALL. The book was much better than the DVD.

I realize this is geared towards society in general more so than it is to DMT freaks like me and many of you bluelighters, but I still was very disapointed.

Now, that said. It is a interesting watch if you are just finding out about DMT, there are some fairly decent computer generated "dmt-like visuals" but the movie is not something I would watch tripping (on any psyche, i rarely try to have my eyes open when on DMT) and Joe Rogan is constantly butting in to say shit and he is in this ridiculous "laboratory" environment, with bubbling neon green liquids and hoses and other gaudy pseudo chemistry equipment set up.

But im glad DMT is hopefully becoming a bit more understood by more amounts of people. Just hope this doesnt piss the DEA off....

Anyways, Dont buy it unless it is simply because you wish to support the producers, I mean, dont buy it expecting it to be AWESOME, because its not, but maybe im just jaded.

I also dont think that we object to his theories. We simply remind people that they are THEORIES, not FACTS.

Last edited:
Hey, doesn't this belong in the Psychedelic Media megathread where it can be buried and lost forever and no one will ever see it again? 8)

Haha. Probably ;) ... but I think this deserves it's own thread. It needs to be seen by everyone.

oh, not allowed... the hyper-literal uber-nannies will stick this in the "Media" mega-muck since the post itself is not about a DRUG. damn OCD ultra-geeks. :\

^ That is what the B&D threads are there for. Thousands of people read them - if you choose to ignore them then that's your loss really :\

Also, thanks for the linky. Was gonna donwload the torrent but need to clear some space from me HDD first. Enjoyed the book (although it gets into some fairly unlikely territory in places) and am looking forward to watching the docu :)

Over-aggressive thread-nannyism strikes again. I guess Mods feel a need to prove they are useful so feel compelled to mess around where no messing is actually needed. Oh well.

The only aggression here is with you. Seriosuly, its just about keeping the forum tidy. Deal with it.

So, WHERE might a topic with ITS OWN TOPIC NAME be posted on BL about a particular movie of interest to psychedelic users?

I don't know, but have you ever seen the FILM AND TELEVISION fourm here. Seems appropriate.

And I guess the governors here are not capable enough to figure out a way around these shortcomings.

Again, the aggression. Sad.

Thanks for the link! Figured I'd know most of the info in this already, but glad to see another doc aimed at those curious but not-so-familiar with the psychedelic scene. Gonna try & watch it this week.
Gonna merge into the Media thread so it doesn't get lost. The redirects that we leave when we merge threads are left up for a time so they will still show up in the search engine.

Dwayne, if you have a complaint about the organizational schemata here there is a "How can we improve this forum" thread stickied on the first page. That is the place for suggestions. Complaining about moderator actions in other threads in a non-constructive & rude manner is not the appropriate way to go about making a suggestion, and almost guaranteed to make sure your suggestion isn't taken seriously. And its also a violation of the PD Forum Guidelines.

Regardless, we probably aren't going to change the organizational scheme based on vague rantings by one user, that would be, well, dumb. Not specifically because its your suggestion, but because plenty of people make passing comments suggesting all sorts of changes that aren't really feasible for a variety of reasons.

Well gee sorry about the "sad" "aggression"... just speaking my mind ... and sometimes its only the squeaky wheel which gets the grease, hence the intentional (and I thought obviously deliberately sarcastically exaggerated) "antagonism." Don't be so sensitive to a little complaining, accusing me of being a "sad aggressor"... sheesh, you'd think you guys never had anyone bitch in your delicate presence about anything ever before (OOPS! There I go again! 8) )

Look, there's a MegaThread on every separate substance. There's a megathread on "nootropics", actually a good consolidation to a fairly narrow topic.

Can I suggest THIS hyper-generalized thread be split anyway into

Psychedelic Images
Psychedelic Music
Psychedelic Film/DVD
Psychedelic Television
Psychedelic Media - Other

I think that would be WAY more useful. You suggested I "try some organization" or something like that and here is my attempt. (And the reason I deliberately posted it HERE as opposed to "How To Improve this forum" is that it is a suggestion specifically pertaining to only THIS topic area, not the entire forum... and clearly following up on above sequence of remarks.)

These topics would appear here in the Psychedelic Focus forums and be distinct from the even more general Bluelight media type threads by concentrating ONLY on these individual media posts that are stated to be of interest to psychedelic users or about psychedelics, either/or.

Comprende/Cumbaya?

Very Good Psychedelic Entertainment

first off fuck the comments people leave about this video on youtube and all the remarks about how the guy was just reading random shit or whatever people said. UNDERSTAND what he is saying and the point getting across :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skCV2L0c6K0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IzipOWDaQk

the beginnings are the same but the first one has more narration, the second one different ending

Last edited:
Merged with thread meant for media. Sorry joey but personally I dont find it that entertaining or psychedelic for that matter. It would suck if I would impose my own taste on this forum so I left this free to discuss here, but no private thread, sorry. :)

Better if its nice and tidy here.