• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelic Media Thread

Merged with thread meant for media. Sorry joey but personally I dont find it that entertaining or psychedelic for that matter. It would suck if I would impose my own taste on this forum so I left this free to discuss here, but no private thread, sorry. :)

Better if its nice and tidy here.

my fault i should have searched for this thread first :/

hey man, dont diss the lizard- he knows what he's talking about. all the animals do.

Limitless

That new movie out called limitless really is for psychonauts :) I just saw it and it captures what a trip is like but with this new drug called NZT. It lets you use all 100 % of your brain. I dont want to ruin the story, but I recommend everyone that has ever done a psychedelic to see this movie. I dont know if this thread is aloud haha

hehe just wanted to start a similar thread as ive also just seen it.
i liked it quite a bit, though movie wise it couldve been better, it reminded me of some very special trips and what they meant at the time.

nzt sounds like a nice combo of amphetamine, lucy and even mushies. 4fa clarity, lucy creativity and mushie sense of understanding :-D

Sounds like 4-methylaminorex, but with a longer honeymoon period... or fencamfamine or phenmetrazine or another one of the legendary stimulants.

It's a myth that we don't use 100% of our brains already. Though if you'd really have an activity spike all at the very same moment you would probably get the biggest epileptic seizure/fit in history, meltdown and die. :)

Sounds interesting though.

^ That's depends on how you measure usage. For example, now I am lying on my bed and posting to Bluelight, so I'm using, say, 20% of my brain capabilities.
Now I am going to the university to use 40% of my brain. Although my brain is fully functioning all the time.

Though, when I hear "we use only small percent of our brains", I want to punch such people in the face, not because they tell bullshit, but because they are often stubborn as mules, and won't change their opinions.

^Strange; I was reading that wiki entry about 8 hours ago for some reason.

I use 114% of my brains. Yes, brains. I have three.

They don't mention species or dry/wet.

So the "strength" of those 30 grams is highly variable.

30 grams wet being the equivalent of what...3 grams dried?

3 grams is a common favorite dose of the cubensis around where I am.

The first sentence of the article: "This dude Kilindi is a total badass. " Dosage is not a contest. Taking more of a drug than someone else does not make you a badass.

The first sentence of the article: "This dude Kilindi is a total badass. " Dosage is not a contest. Taking more of a drug than someone else does not make you a badass.

yea i never got down on that pissing contest.. I mean I can feel alcohol pretty good after a shot or 2... i think it's even more badass to be able to get high/drunk cheap

Merged thread with audio interview into the B&D Media thread.

Let me remind you if 30 grams should be interpreted as dry weight (which is usual), dicksizing is not wanted at PD...
Appreciating an interview is of course totally fine though.

I didn't think biff's remark was particularly volatile and I don't think we should forget about the subject either: like I said earlier, we mind dicksizing here.
To be honest I disagree with the article's badass quote as well as jones', in my opinion none of that is really worthy of respect. I mean, creative points to those who know how to do things cheap but how often does that also mean to compromise on quality and risks? Not always, but often enough.

Dosing extremely high should not be called heroic, I resent that. There are enough fools in this world, the internet and tv programs are riddled with people who are ready to crash themselves knowingly if they think this buys them some kind of recognition. How is overdosing any different?

I appreciate those who know how to balance substance use in their life, to know when it's the optimal time and to use proper titration to figure out a sweet spot. Then combine that with figurative types of sweet spots in set and setting and have a recipe for something special. Then just stand back and let the magic happen spontaneously. That's grace.
I'm not unfamiliar with tripping way too often and while it was interesting it didn't really get me where I wanted to go. You can't force these things. It's right along the lines of how enlightenment seems to work: excruciatingly but at the same time beautifully paradoxical... you can't have it if you want it. First, desire has to die.
In my country there is a classical saying that roughly translates to: "children who ask get skipped", I guess an attempt to encourage modesty. Nowadays I see so many kids spoiled in my country, they get everything they want and it ruins them. My niece and nephew for example, I worry about the future. People should learn to be satisfied with what's enough, which is often just a little. If you work with it you can stretch things: on a low dose of psychedelics you can get very very far using meditation. Children with toys can use their imagination to create a fantasy world with a few very basic props.
In both cases, nothing at all will do as well. But I don't believe in asceticm either.

I didn't think biff's remark was particularly volatile and I don't think we should forget about the subject either: like I said earlier, we mind dicksizing here.
To be honest I disagree with the article's badass quote as well as jones', in my opinion none of that is really worthy of respect. I mean, creative points to those who know how to do things cheap but how often does that also mean to compromise on quality and risks? Not always, but often enough.

The article also mentions Chuck Norris and compares him to John Wayne...the text isn't meant to be taken as seriously as you both appear to be taking it. The mention of Chuck Norris alone should be a clear indication at that. You're thinking way too deep, the actual recording is much less about 'heroic' dosing and actually about the experiences I suggest listening to that.

on psychedelic media....If you haven't seen pink floyd live at pompeii, it is a psychedelic masterpiece. the film work is awesome, perfect sound. there's not even a really audience, just pink floyd and some sound and camera men in a giant greek amphitheater. its the best for me on LSD or a strong dose of 5-meo-mipt, phens go ok with it. but then again, the movie is psychedelic enough when sober.