• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy Psychedelic Media Thread

If you pay attention, you notice that a lot of the paisley...persian-carpet..or fractal-type visuals look suspiciously like video-feedback. For the unfamiliar, video feedback is what happens when you point your camcorder at your tv and the image loops thru andd tthhrruu annnddd thhrruuuu.

http://www.videofeedback.dk/World/

My theory is that our brains process visual/aural information by iteration...or...in layman's terms...the information runs through a circuit..is modified..and then proceeds again and again until it basically runs out of steam. Each time this circuit is completely, a certain amount of useful data is gained. I believe this is how patterns/shapes-harmonies/melodies are extracted from the raw visual-aural input and fed into the higher brain processes. I'm not the only one who believes this FYI.

READ THIS ABSOLUTELY GENIUS POSTER ON "SIGNAL THEORY"

Here are some extracts from the poster for those of you who are lazy, like me.

• Tryptamine hallucinogens are most active at the 5-HT2A receptor subtype.
  • The 5-HT2A receptor subtype is densest in the recurrent cortical circuits of the
    sensory processing pathways.
  • An increase in recurrent feedback excitation within the sensory processing cortices
    would lead to sensory signal gain, obsessive repetition of data, morphic distortion
    of data, and temporal lag in multi-modal sensory convergence.
  • Thus, increased recurrent excitation within cortical circuits is the direct cause of
    perceptual distortions, hallucinatory constructs, and expanded states of
    consciousness associated with the psychedelic state.

• An increase in recurrent excitation could lead to amplification of sensory signal intensity, enhanced detail resolution, enhanced analytical processing, and states of expanded consciousness.
  • Runaway (unchecked) feedback excitation could lead to perceptual distortions, obsessive ideation,
    hallucinations, loss of synchrony in multi-modal sensory cohesion, psychosis, catatonia, and (at
    the extreme end) epileptic seizure.

Last edited:
this is good, I think i posted a link to it recently over in ADD. Great minds think alike i suppose... I've totally got h+ in my google reader feed now, dosenation & brainwaving get some pretty cool sometimes similar things as well.

Great thread. Thanks for the links everyone. I bookmarked it also. Posts like this make up for the "what did I take that was on that blotter from that scumbag stranger" posts.

Interesting that the song from the Dirty Pictures trailer is the same song used in Hofmann's Potion, another fantastic psychedelic documentary. Can't wait.

ha, i didn't notice that. good ear there. Hoffman's potion was a great doc. I how I miss the mininova documentary page... :'(

These documents are simply perfect. I´m probably going to print the poster and hang it out at the campus.