TDS pets thread with added ooomph!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B9

Bluelight Crew
POST PICTURES OF YOUR PETS!

After a long discussion with a 'respected' 8( bluelighter (who resolutely refuses to be named, due to shyness I suspect;) ) the concept of a 'pet thread' was born.

Now it is (apparently) true that a therapy known as pet therapy exists in the realwhirled.

So speculatively it was suggested that perhaps a 'virtual' pet thread or 'virtual ' petting zoo might have some benefits for people in a similar way that realwhirled pet therapy has.

So we would like you to post your pictures of pets here.

Now anyone with an ALLERGY or PHOBIA towards animals can have the benefit without the drawbacks. :)

This is of course a preliminary study but if enough people post pics then a poll will be created with various options to assess if there is any indication that a 'virtual' pet has beneficial effects.

I shall post some pictures of my poor dogs later:)

All (well some of ) the benefits of real pets minus the faeces, food and pet hair !!:)

I would like to add that I am merely the 'instrument' in the creation and posting of this thread :)

o.jpg

o.jpg

Not my dog, but we puppy sit now and then, and the dog loves me, it makes me happy.

^ I like that , thank you for your contribution.

Actually I just realised I was smiling when I looked at the dog so that's a good start!

Cheers 9mm

Here's my dog Belle

belle.jpg

And here she is at a week old.

Puppies010.jpg

What a loyal dog.

Sadly, when the Ex and I split up, it was agreed that I would be taking her. I raised her from birth. She didn't leave my side. Things went pretty sour, and she wont let me have my dog. Amongst other things, but that's a whole other ball of wax.

Oh man, an excuse to post pics of the kitti <3

IMG_1805resize.jpg

IMG_0398resize.jpg

IMG_0457small.jpg

IMG_0421edit.jpg

IMG_0427resize.jpg

here's a turtle from the reptile house in town, he's pretty ballin'.
turtle1small.jpg

cousin's kitty who passed from FIV.. soo cute, so sad :(
kittenresize1.jpg

friend's snake!
20050522_0419resize.jpg

20050522_0429.jpg

More to come! I love this idea.. who doesn't love showing pictures of their little ones? (pet = child)

^ Great, love the cat in feathers, a bloody day of bird slaughter sprang to mind, paradise in catwhirled :)

Everyones kitties and puppies (and turtle) are so CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love them all!
I have to figure out how to put some up here-
We have 2 kitties who are my babies
I wil post them soon! :)

zophen said:
I would like to add that I am merely the 'instrument' in the creation and posting of this thread :)

So modest. ;)

I'm going to love this thread. Finally, somewhere to post endless pictures of my cat!

Here are two old ones, though for some reason I can't make them bigger. Larger versions are in my journal.

crazy in a bag

looking deceptively cute

Also, that snake is beautiful. I always wanted one when I was younger. :)

tank111.jpg

One of my friends :( I'll get my camera out tonight... snap my tank and my flatmates cat that loves me more then her (she's sooo jealous).

wat a good idea
i cant post my pics because im a technophobe who still cant figure out how to post pics on here, and cant even work my own digital camera :eek:
however i can describe my babies for u and u can IMAGINE them:
-TSUNAMI is a peruvian black/white/orange guinea pig (she has BIG hair)
-FLAME is tsunamis orange/white daughter (her hair is normal)
-ELEKTRA is my black and white dutch rabbit
-JULIET is my beige flemish giant rabbit (shes about the size of a small terrier)
-SMOKEY is my grey moggy cat
-LOLA is my beige and white pitbull
-MAVERICK is my fleabitten/dapple grey (fleabitten means he has tiny brown spots) arabian horse
i am also getting a rottweiler puppy soon, as a 'getting clean' present, as soon as he is weaned - i have named him OZZY

aww, I was really looking forward to seeing a picture of your horse.

ElCityRoller said:
Here's my dog Belle

belle.jpg

And here she is at a week old.

Puppies010.jpg

What a loyal dog.

Sadly, when the Ex and I split up, it was agreed that I would be taking her. I raised her from birth. She didn't leave my side. Things went pretty sour, and she wont let me have my dog. Amongst other things, but that's a whole other ball of wax.

^ That sucks man. seems like a really unique dog, don't think ive seen a blue dog like that before. Really like all the other pics in this thread to! Wish i had a pet..

You guys should be grateful at how lucky you are to have such beautiful animals.

I live in an apartment I own so I can't really get a dog though I'd love a Golden Retriever or a Labrador.

Your pets are gorgeous. :)

^ My cousins have golden retreivers/my nan has a black labrador(really good dog, tho abit loud), good choices! retreivers leave hair everywhere though,:|.

That sucks man. seems like a really unique dog, don't think ive seen a blue dog like that before. Really like all the other pics in this thread to! Wish i had a pet..

Yeah. She is one of a kind. It was pretty sad. Anytime I had to go over to the Ex's, the dog would wait at the door as if I were taking her with me, and whine uncontrollably, I could hear her up the street as I walked away. The dogs don't even like my Ex that much. She's been bitten by Belle's brother and mother, but not Belle. That dog is the sweetest, most gentle dog you could ever know. It's purely a spite thing as to why I can't have my dog back.

Just for the hell of it, here she is at 4 weeks old.

Belle_2.jpg

And yes, lovely to see all the pets!

Last edited:
ladyinthesky said:
pupppy.jpg

the love of my life

That dog is so cute!!!! =D :D Whats his/her name? I'll have to upload a few pictures of my rotty, I've got hundreds but he's so black and shiny that he's hard to actually see in some of them! Anyway, I present Henry...

Henry.jpg

This is a great thread, I was pretty much smiling the whole time. Like this :D but not as maniacally.

ElCityRoller said:
Yeah. She is one of a kind. It was pretty sad. Anytime I had to go over to the Ex's, the dog would wait at the door as if I were taking her with me, and whine uncontrollably, I could hear her up the street as I walked away. The dogs don't even like my Ex that much. She's been bitten by Belle's brother and mother, but not Belle. That dog is the sweetest, most gentle dog you could ever know. It's purely a spite thing as to why I can't have my dog back.

Just for the hell of it, here she is at 4 weeks old.

Belle_2.jpg

And yes, lovely to see all the pets!

That's pretty sad its just a spite thing, you should try n get those issues resolved and then you can get her back maybe. Just do it to get the dog back i would, also really like that photo! One day i plan on getting a dog once i can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.