• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big and Dandy 5-MeO-MET Thread

Well, now I am back to the baseline. It was nice 5-MeO experience(+1.5 on the Shulgin scale), very similar to 5-MeO-DALT or 5-MeO-MIPT. So, if you like these two, you will probably like this one.
I think 5-MeO-MET can be sexually enhancing, and hopefully I will explore it more with my girlfriend. :)

Also, those 5-MeO-substituted tryptamines are VERY similar for me, no real visual, not very mind-altering, but having something unique - strange feeling which is hard to put in words.

Good report, thanks. :)
Interesting that you say it reminds you of 5-meo-mipt. I always thought this stuff was going to be more similar to 5-meo-dmt, but as you and others have reported it seems not. I wonder how the effects will scale with higher doses.
I entirely forgot about this chem, I will give it a try one day, though.

jesus christ. 79%?!?!

I know right, spike the water supply and everyone will be running into telephone poles. :D

Sounds interesting, any lucky ones out there please do post back with your bioassay conclusions. Be careful though, sounds fairly potent.

^^ yeah, though I read this tread and didn't expect effects to be very powerful, I was ready to handle intense effects.

I wonder how the effects will scale with higher doses.
I felt like my dose was quite low - I could easily take more, so I am going to experiment with higher doses, and maybe different ROA(IM?). But this will happen after I try 5-MeO-DMT ;)
Also, forgot to mention about experience duration: it was around 4-6 hours. And my 5-MeO-MET is brownish color. [EDIT]And it is fumarate salt.[/EDIT]
It is kinda strange that this one so unpopular: 5-MeO-MIPT is readily available; it is more potent, but even not very potent things like 4-HO-DPT are less difficult to get.

I know right, spike the water supply and everyone will be running into telephone poles.
Well, this idea is so often comes to my mind. =D

Sounds interesting, any lucky ones out there please do post back with your bioassay conclusions. Be careful though, sounds fairly potent.
Well, people tend to get +1 1/2 - +2 experiences from these compounds.

Last edited:
And my 5-MeO-MET is brownish color. [EDIT]And it is fumarate salt.[/EDIT]

We are probably working with the same material then. Mine is also slightly tan/brown and is a fumarate salt. I will try to make time for this stuff soon, and report back. Your comparison to 5-meo-mipt has me rather intrigued. I very much enjoy that chem. :)

^ Well, you may be disappointed, although 5-MeO-MET reminds me of 5-MeO-MiPT, it is still quite different. For example, I didn't get "sweet", "sugar" feeling in my head.

But I hope you'll like it:) Please report back.

I'll try to find some time for a trial with this one in the near future, but I can't make any promises - so many other interesting things to try. :)

I'd really like to see how this combines with 5-meo-dmt though - if there is any chance they might potentiate eachother, maybe throw in a bit of 2c-d as well.. hmm. :)

5-meO-MET anyone ?

aka 5-Methoxy-N-Methyl-N-Ethyltryptamine %)

Anyone have informations about it ?

Still pretty new no ? :(

i think i wrote a little report on it a while back...
vaped a tiny amount (2-4mg) and got confused for half an hour.... havent gone back to it due to lack of info on it...

for me it was psychedelic.... but like i said, it was a threshold dose without much impact.

5-meo-met is a psychedelic. And the least potent of the 5-meo-xxx (exception: 5-meo-dmt) when taken orally.
I dose it usually between 20-30mg.
Orally is the only ROA I tried. I think the N-ethyl group isn't fully protecting against MAO and thats the reason that it's less potent than the N,N-diethyl; N-methyl,N-isopropyl; N,N-dipropyl and the N,N-diisopropyl variants.
So it could be way more potent through other ROAs.

There is also a big and dandy thread about this compound in the psychedelic index...

-Piet

I haven't seen this one moving in the circles I frequent, perhaps soon.

4-meo-dmt has been made available recently, I wonder what the similarities/differences would be to the two. (IE: duration, spectrum of visual/physiological effects, etc.)

Has anyone vaporized either of these chemicals with successful results (ala DMT freebase)?

Please Hasselhoffblotter, use le Psychedelic Index to see that we already have a thread on this. Going to merge this into that one. :)

vaporized 10mgs 5MEOMET 45minutes ago.

very pleasant stoned state, stimulated/sedated at once, lying around is intensive as hell ;). definetly psychedelic.
very sexual for me, bodily more so than 5meomipt. For comparison reasons, 5meodmt is also very sexual for me.

^ Achten: i still dont get your sexual arousal from 5meoDMT :)

5-meo-DALT is very disorienting and nausating to me. didnt like the shakes and body tensions. anyone experienced that on 5-meo-met as well?

How is it, compared to 5-MeO-DMT? 5-MeO-DMT is the best psychedelic for me, so I'm definitely interested!

Has anyone sampled this compound recently? There are only a handful of bioassay trials, at quite low doses at that.
I found 5-MeO-DMT to be rather underwhelming even up to 50mg vaporized and 70mg intranasally, but I seem to gave some special affinity to MET, 4- HO-MET, and 4-AcO-MET, and would jump at the opportunity to sample this one if it ever became available to me.

I haven't "broken through" on 5MeODMT, but I do like lowish doses of that compound. (eg 3-12mg snorted, over the course of 15minutes)
Main effect I would describe as hornyness..

5MeOMET is more or less the same for me, at lowish doses. I smoked it a few times (2-15mg) and I liked it. It made me more horny than 5meoDMT. Very nice bodyfeel, no true visuals or psychedelic headspace.
I didn't push higher because it seemed to be rather demanding of the body, in terms of heart rate.

I also like 4HOMET a lot. Haven't tried MET yet.