• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big and Dandy 5-MeO-MET Thread

Could you go a little further in depth about the duration of your 5-MeO-MET experiences? It's DMT counter part only lasted about 45-60 minutes tops in all of my trials and I could never break through or experienced the feat like many others report.

MET is a much stronger psychedelic than other base tryptamines, with it's cousins being more visionary in nature. MET and it's homologs always strike me as having a feminine characteristic to them while still being incredibly serious. MET is a hard hitter, that's for sure. Hence my interest in its 5-MeO counterpart.

I have to draw this from memory so it could be off but it was generally the same as 5meodmt for me.

After smoking I was at the peak in a few minutes, stayed there for +/-30minutes and then gradually came down. Redosing was effective.
Maybe the comedown was a bit longer than on 5meodmt. With the latter there was a short comedown and then an afterglow. Not so much with 5meomet. More of a comedown a la smoked 5MEOMIPT.
Again, I could be mistaken because it's been a while and didn't make notes.

I don't know about the feminine chararacteristics, but I have to say I find 4HOMET very deep. This is not the general appreciation if you check the B&D's. I was never really religious but on 4HOMET I felt like Jesus was with me. This was not a one time thing. Before this I was somewhat interested in "the universe" and the way it all works, but never considered myself religious or even spiritual. Hard to explain, but the feeling 4HOMET woke in me was that of "Jesus". It "felt" like that. 15-20years before I got some religious lessons in primary school, and that was the last I heard of Jesus. I never pondered it consciously after that.
It didn't feel masculine or feminine, it just felt like Jesus :). I know I'm repeating myself but it's so hard to put into words. It was a feeling that everything was OK, and that I just had to "try my best in life." That was the message.
I think Jesus is a positive vibrational energy located somewhere between "this (physical) world" and "the Source", and 4HOMET makes me link to it rather easily.

Missed this thread. 5-MeO-MET is great (smoked, didn't try it orally)! The only 5-MeO-'T" that is close to be as good as 5-MeO-DMT.

If I had to sum it up...I'd say it felt like a synthetic version of 5-MeO-DMT...same trip but the length is spread out over 45 min instead of 10 minutes. There is a rush, but it's more like hitting the gas in a Lincoln as opposed to being shot out of a cannon.

I generally find 5-MeO-DMT VERY easy on my body and mind...but there have been times when I have taken it when not in the best place in my head...resulting in some unpleasant physical sensations. 5-MeO-MET seems less likely to produce those effects.

Atheists, ignore this...those who are not...5-MeO-MET was essentially a 5-MeO-DMT trip with the 'godly component' removed....that lasted a lot longer.

^ MGS I could never get much of a rush out of 5-MeO-DMT, and have never properly broken through with DMT proper yet MET is intensely psychedelic; to the point where I am nearly terrified of using it without weeks of planning.
Do you think 5-MeO-MET would be a dud for me as most 5-MeO's are?

^ MGS I could never get much of a rush out of 5-MeO-DMT, and have never properly broken through with DMT proper yet MET is intensely psychedelic; to the point where I am nearly terrified of using it without weeks of planning.
Do you think 5-MeO-MET would be a dud for me as most 5-MeO's are?

I suspect you may like it, but only one way to find out. Of all the synthetic 5MeO analogues, without a doubt this one is the easiest to take. Much less rough around the edges than 5-MeO-MiPT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only tried this orally so far, and I was favorably impressed by it. Surprisingly, the experience I had was actually predicted by the material's similarity to 5-MeO-MiPT and 4-AcO-MET. Perhaps it was just the power of suggestion, but I learned long ago not to expect that a structural similarities would create at all similar effects. This, though, was just what I would have imagined the hybridization of those two molecules would create.

5-MeO-MET felt much more stimulating than 5-MeO-MiPT, much like I find 4-AcO-MET to be more stimulating than 4-AcO-MiPT.
It was clean in the body and crystal clear in the headspace. Even my vision felt brighter and cleaner.
In place of the raw and urgent eroticism of the MiPT class, it was more like an adult version of 4-AcO-MET. There was a radical openness and frankness to its eroticism, replacing intoxicating empathy with an honest examination of my feelings.
While I think I like it about as much as I like 5-MeO-MiPT, the substitution of fantastic hedonism of frank examination probably means it won't be as widely appreciated. I think it could be a great material, but will probably tone the dose back in the future if I get the chance to revisit it. I think it's a shame it's so rare.
My only real gripe was that I found it overly stimulating, which tempers my enthusiasm for exploring vaporization. For fans of stimulating psychedelics, I could see that being quite an interesting ROA.

Here's a link to my report

im ordering a gram of 5 meo met with some 4 ho met and phenibut on friday, assuming it all stays in stock.
I was planning on smoking a small dose (for me) of about 5-10 mgs of 5 meo met while peaking on 4 ho met.
Im thinking it should help launch me to hyperspace, maybe a a bit of nitrous if i still havent blasted off.

I see such conflicting reports about the body load though, is it as present when the compound is smoked? im assuming since the dose is so low id be fine just putting the powder in a meth bubble and smoking with a jet lighter? im pretty sure i will have the fumarate salt. but with such a potent compound im sure it can be smoked anyways

Any mention of 5-Meo-NMT in that document MGS? I'm planning to assay this one in the coming months. I haven't even seen so much as a single confirmation of activity with this substance ... not even Tihkal has info. I'll report when I get around to trying it. ;)

No big deal

I ordered 250 mgs of this. im thinking of dissolving 100 mgs in 1 ml of alcohol, then dropping 0.1 ml of the solution onto something inert like 100 mgs clove or parsley or something. let it dry and i should have 0.1 of plant material with about 10 mgs of 5 MeO MET. what do u guys think? or should i just vape it as is? I just thought it would be much easier to dose with the "pseudo-changa" then pure powder.

Bleh. So my payment for some odd reason did not go through to my vendor. I had to re order and since I had spent money only had enough for my 2 grams of 4 ho met and only 100 MG's of 5 meo met to experiment with rather than the 250 I initially wanted. .

I will be trying it and posting trip reports here, erowid and reddit. I find it baffling and almost frustrating that this compound has been available since 2007 and this thread is literally one of the only places I could find discussing its use as a psychedelic in humans. Psychonaut wiki doesn't even have a page on it. Is it like regular wiki?if so I think we should create a Psychonaut wiki page for 5 meo met.

I plan to give my friend about 10-15 MG's vaporised as he wants to see if he can get a 5 meo DMT like trip. I myself will be trying the same dose once from baseline. And then perhaps a 10 mg smoked dose while peaking on 4 ho met

I will let you all know how it goes. I look forward to trying to add to our knowledge. Insane something like this has gone so unresearched when its so easily available. You can find trip reports on substances that are probably harder to get and more unpleasant.but nothing on 5 meo met. Also my vendor began carrying Dimethyltryptophan . apparantley its easily decarboxylated to DMT (with heat??? No idea personally) Im gonna start a thread on it

So I've got 100 MG's of this. But I'm wary to try as the 5 meo's are so potent and have a big body load.

How can I smoke this safely? My vendor carries other 5 meo tryptamines. And I'm worried of the possibility of a mix up. My 5 meo met is an off white crystalline powder. All The MET and 4 ho Met I've ever had has been brown/red. I'm paranoid of the possibility of receiving something like 5 meo amt and overdosing.

How should I go about this? Volumetric dosing and work up? Please help guys

Well this sounds about the most interesting compound ive heard about in a while! As a huge fan of both 5-MeO-DMT and 4-HO-MET, this sounds right up my alley. A very potent slower and longer drawn out 5-meo-dmt type experience with the clarity and hedonistic erotic enhancement of 4HOMET? Count me in. I will hopefully be reporting back soon

So I vaped this last night while peaking on 4 ho met. I smoked about 20 mg. It was just like DMT. After blowing out the vapor I entered some heavy visions. Very native american. I was at the big powow dance in the sky with gods love forever and ever.

It was a bit scary as the ego was obliterated but I managed

@ OntarioGuy - I want to point out that 4-HO-MET is supposed to be white, not brown/red. Ditto for all other 4-subs, 5-subs and base tryptamines, although it isn't uncommon to encounter off-white material (as you did with 5-MeO-MET), and in the case of DMT, yellow(ish). Brown/red indicates impure and/or degraded material.

Thanks. The product didn't seem to be degraded. It was on point potency wise. I'd assume its just the way it was synthed. I see a lot of brownish 4 sub's that are excellent quality

I find smoking this stuff to be pretty stimulating. My heart started pounding, I started sweating. I was wondering if maybe it shares some simalirities to AMT or something. I was peaking on 4 ho MET when I vaped it but my heart seemed fine before vaping the 5 meo.

After the intense visions ended I was still left with a reality shattering ego stripping high. I was sure I was dead or dying. I became twisted in a thought loop. Same moment in time over and over. Surely these are the flames of purgatory...... Then accepted it and it wasn't so bad. It gradually wore off. But throughout was the pounding heart and sweating. Or are those side effects common to all 5 meo compounds in your experience?

With my experiences with 4 ho met and MET itself I expected this to be gentler. Like I said, I'm wondering if there's some kind of stimulant action going on, like dopamine norepi or what ever....

This stuff smoked by itself really didn't do much for me at about 15 MG's. But I may have had a lingering tolerance. I seen this described as psychedelic nitrous. Not much on its own, but will totally blast you off from a platform of 4 sub's or LSD's. That seems about in line with my experience

5-MeO-DMT has often been reporting to cause a pounding heart and intense bodyload too, before it obliterates your ego. The 5-MeO-tryptamines all seem to have a prety intense cardiovascular bodyload, it's just part of them. This nature is not shared by most other tryptamines. I doubt it has anything to do with similarity to AMT, as AMT is a triple monoamine releaser (it releases serotonin like MDMA does, whereas the other tryptamines just mimic serotonin in receptors).

I enjoyed it well enough orally, but after a redose I found it unpleasantly stimulating and thus slightly anxiogenic. Even though my report was glowing, all I remember from the experience was the annoying simulation, so I never revisited it

Ya my experience was quite stimulating. Fully visionary (smoked while peaking on metocin though) and full ego suppression coinciding with psychic death and thought and time loops. All in all a very psychedelic experience. But I don't think it will be reached for often when I dig in the stash for a trip

I did a first trial of this yesterday. It was 6mg rectal. I only have 20mg (now 14mg) and wanted to work up in 2 doses which is why I went the rectal route. I will write an "official" trip report once I do the larger dose sometime.

First trial of 5-MeO-MET - 6mg orally
Feb 12th, 2020
by Xorkoth

2:30pm (T+0:00) - Ingested 6mg of 5-MeO-MET rectally. It has the appearance of a tan, fine powder, reminiscent of the 5-MeO-MiPT I have. I tasted a tiny bit of it (just a dusting elft on the weighing tray) and it tastes just about like 5-MeO-MiPT. I'm about to run down the street and pick something up. I wanted to work out but I don't have time. When I get back, I have some work to do and my boss to talk to about that work. Afterwards I will go to band practice. I wanted to have a normal day where I had work and music in order to test what should be a fairly low dose of this. I find it to be a good calibration setting with which to gauge a substance's effects profile. At a later time I will take the rest in a different setting to try for a full experience. I only have 20mg of this, which is why I opted for rectal administration, considering 20mg is in the middle of a "common" dosage in the sparse information available. Rectal tends to double the strength, so this should get me the two experiences I am aiming for, from light to full.

3:15pm (T+0:45) - Just got back. I wrote a single note in my phone, "T+0:08 - lightheaded euphoria". Very quickly, I experienced a flush of physical pleasure and almost a bit of a spinny-headed feeling, but in a good way. There was very little transition, I just suddenly began feeling good, with a light but definite emotional euphoric push. I still feel that same way, it has increased a bit but it was remarkable how quickly it established itself. Unlike with 5-MeO-MiPT, there is basically no unpleasant jangliness to it, it's extremely smooth. There is no anxiety to speak of, really no come-up feelings. The amplitude of the euphoria is less than what I tend to feel with 5-MeO-MiPT, but there is also far less of a price. There is a faint suggestion of a visual change, but no actual change. So far this has been entirely pleasant. It feels slightly stimulating, in that I'm doing a bit of jaw clenching, but I feel calm. It feels like more of an entactogen than a psychedelic at this dosage, but I can tell the psychedelia will develop more at a higher dose. I have a bit of psychedelic social awkwardness, very manageable, but it's there.

5:15pm (T+2:45) - The last 2 hours really flew by. I was working, so I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the effects. I was able to work quite effectively. I was talking on the phone with my boss and presenting some stuff I found for a good portion of that, and I had no difficulties with that except for a slight propensity for difficulty in word recall poking out here and there. Nothing major though. I still feel nice now, it feels past peak, but still more or less the same as before, just a little less intense. I have the feeling this is a very light dose and that it will develop more as the dose is pushed. I think next time, given its very unthreatening and comfortable nature, I will dose the remaioning 14mg rectally, which should (going by standard convention) be roughly equivalent to about 28mg orally, which should be a fairly strong dose. I ate a small meal, and eating was pleasant. I am just trying to finish up some final work tasks, and then I am off to band practice.

The next morning

The rest of the night was marked by pleasantness and transparency. I showed up at band practice and felt at ease. One of our members didn't show up, and didn't let us know until the last minute, and the others were highly annoyed, and I was annoyed too, but still found myself in good humor and suggested we work on some other stuff. The music was very good, we worked out a new cover for our show in a couple of days, and practiced some stuff we were rusty on. I felt I was playing about average, but I was exceptionally into it and felt very creative.

I quit smoking cigarettes about a week ago, and my bandmates smoke, and band practice and shows are my biggest trigger, but I felt at peace not smoking. I don't know if 5-MeO-MET aided me in that or if I just am pleased to no longer be smoking cigarettes. It's hard to say exactly when the effects wore off, as they were very smooth and background to begin with. I kept feeling the warm glow of contentment, even at 10pm (T+7:30) when I got home, but it was most certainly an afterglow. It was hard to differentiate the post-peak and the afterglow. This morning I feel normal with no afterglow, hangover, or any sign that I took anything yesterday.

I find it curious that 5-MeO-MET is quite a bit less potent than the other 5-MeO-tryptamines I am aware of (5-MeO-MiPT, 5-MeO-DiPT, 5-MeO-AMT, 5-MeO-EiPT), even though 4-HO/AcO-MET and MET itself are not particularly less potent than their cousins. Other than the potency, I can't help but draw similarities to 5-MeO-MiPT. Both are have marked by a euphoric glow, with some psychedelia but an equal amount of empathigenic/emptactogenic loveliness. It might not hold true at a higher dose, but I found 5-MeO-MET to be less intense, more comfortable, less euphoric, and less psychedelic.

I look forward to trying the rest of what I have. I kind of wish I had saved the whole 20mg for one single go, but I wanted to be cautious with something so obscure.

tl;dr - Similar to 5-MeO-MiPT, less potent, more comfortable, less intense.