• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big and Dandy 5-MeO-MET Thread

3-4 mg 5-MeO-MET HCl intranasal gave a uncertain threshold, about the same dose smoked gave some light, but distinct tryptamine buzz. more info when i've tried the substance in higher doses.

Yes, please share! Try it orally, I recommend... 5-MeO-MiPT works best orally in my experience, better than nasal oe smoked. Actually, smoked it can be a very intense flash but the dose required is like 5 times or so the dose required orally.

yes I agree also! (although I haven't tried smoking 5-meo-mipt). oral was considerably better than taking it nasally.

but wouldn't 5-MeO-MET be much closer to MET and 5-MeO-DMT, which are not too active orally because of rapid breakdown by MAO? but well, as time goes by I'll try it orally anyways sooner or later.

I'm not sure to be honest, but you should try it orally. I would anyway. Putting a 5-MeO or 4-HO/AcO on a tryptamine can completely change its properties.

yeah, 5-meo-dmt and psilocin are pretty far apart effects wise

ungelesene_bettlek said:
3-4 mg 5-MeO-MET HCl intranasal gave a uncertain threshold, about the same dose smoked gave some light, but distinct tryptamine buzz. more info when i've tried the substance in higher doses.

MET had threshold activity at 90 mg orally, so 5-MeO-MET could potentially have oral activity. Based on the relationships of other simple tryptamines with their 5-MeO counterparts, it seems that the methoxy does not significantly affect MAO susceptibility, but does generally boost the potency by somewhere around 10x.

So 5-MeO-MET could have some oral activity in the 10 mg range (always start lower than you expect!), but I think the effects will be most similar to 5-MeO-DET, which basically causes dizziness and vertigo with a little psychedelia on the side. For a more familiar comparison, I expect it will resemble a drawn out low dose 5-MeO-DMT experience … which to me sounds very unpleasant.

Thinking about it, I need to try IM MIPT. I’ve always thought it odd that it was written off as a mediocre psychedelic, but seeing how MET was uninspiring orally and spectacular via IM, I think I may have been too quick to dismiss it. That, and I hope I someday make an acquaintance of DET. :)

Yeah, I'd also try taking it orally. 5-MeO-DET and 5-MeO-MiPT are very active orally, so 5-MeO-MET might be as well. Apparently even 5-MeO-DMT has some oral activity (though I rarely ever hear of it being used that way). That ethyl may help its orally activity quite a bit.

Either way, I'd love to hear anything more you have to say about this compound. I'm interested in acquiring it, but would love to get some more information first.

It's possible smoking and taking it orally might change it a lot (dosage and effects) like 5-MeO-MiPT. Interesting stuff, haha.

bump for any more experiences. Dimitris where did you go? We got lots of questions for you!!!

hi all!

Unfortunately I stopped exploration meomet as my "grandfather " have only 20mg of it and his going to take it with mdma (when he will have got it) as mix.

So 5-MeO-MET could have some oral activity in the 10 mg range (always start lower than you expect!), but I think the effects will be most similar to 5-MeO-DET, which basically causes dizziness and vertigo with a little psychedelia on the side. For a more familiar comparison, I expect it will resemble a drawn out low dose 5-MeO-DMT experience … which to me sounds very unpleasant.

As i wrote in my older post Ive tried 5meomet orally. It does indeed orally active, but dose much higher then smoked and action of the stuff not so sharp and distinct.
oral 10mg weak active dose without noticable visuals but you may have certain mind changing which may be very usable in order to solve/get answer for some daily problems. there was no any phisiological/mental negative side effects.
15-16mg orally gives more pronounced psychedelic effect but still nothing especially intresting.
7mg meomet and 7mg cb gives +2 psychedelic state with neutral motor activity (usually cb makes me speedy, after 5meomet body becomes quite heavy, want to spread on sofa)

MET had threshold activity at 90 mg orally, so 5-MeO-MET could potentially have oral activity

oops.
as i know MET has oral threshold activity about 30mg!
(have to say its dose for me on completely empty stomach)

I tried the dose 10 and 20 mg , and I have to say that is very strange substance.
It doesn't cause any chagnes of perception .
I was very stoned. This substance causes problems with coordination , very weak OEV,CEV.
In my opinion it is very similar to 5-MEO-DMT

I have tried 24 mg 5-MeO-MET HCl nasally today, which resulted in a nice tryptamine buzz, but nothing really worth mentioning. from this experience, I would say this is one of the least potent of the 5-MeO-N,N-dialkyltryptamines. I don't see parallels with 5-MeO-DMT (which holds a very special place in my heart) on the one side, but on the other side there was no unconftable bodyload, so I guess you can't compare it with 5-MeO-DET either (which is pure poison according to shulgin). the onset was notable slow, it took about half an hour to develop full effects, total duration was about 4-5 hours. nitrous combined well with it, as usual.

*bump*

Due to several factors this compound have become interesting so i was hoping that more people have tried it by now.

And that someone have the PDF document that is linked to in the beginning of the thread and re-upload it?

So please upload your info on this compound and share your stories.

Wondering if I should add this one to the collection.

Please add some reports people! It's out there.

If anyone specifically wanted to try this one, get on it!

I've seen it around and I'm fairly curious about it, even given the rough bodyloads of most 5-MeO's in general.

And that is why I never truly enjoyed foxy/moxy and I find 5-MeO-DMT's body feeling to be really strange... uncomfortable and relaxed yet stimulating and a bit unsettled and comfortable. Go figure.

As for 5-MeO-MET I was just looking into possible compounds and found out about this and other rare things like 4-ho-5-MeO-DMT... lol I've had my share of psilacetin and acid and 2c's but I dont think I'd ever want to ingest that shit :p

However, I can only wonder what 5-MeO-MET is like since 5-MeO's seem to change tryptamines ALOT. DMT vs 5-MeO-DMT is very different, as is foxy vs DiPT or Iprocin. I've never tried MET but from what I hear its decently different from DMT so I wonder if it would be more of an altered 5-MeO-DMT type of thing or a foxy-like experience or maybe not even close to any of those. If it smoked like 5-MeO-DMT I only wonder what its effects would be like. I've heard great things about 4-ho-met, but then again most of those psilocin-ish 4-subs are about the same (except iprocin)

Last edited:
I have the opportunity to try 5-meo-met. Been meaning to for a while, but other stuff has taken priority. Maybe I'll do a quick trial with it soon. :)
From the reports in this thread it looks mostly similar to 5-meo-dmt, so it seems the trend carries over with this one as well. I think it is orally active too, which is nice. I quite enjoy 5 subbed trypts, so Im looking forward to this one, though the reports in this thread dosent make it seem all that great.

Last edited:
I lost interest in this one... I HATED 5-MeO-DMT and anybody that compares the two, no thanks. Although I can't wait to sample 4-HO-MET and I think MET might be an interesting experience.

an empty evening gave me the chance to try this compound...

i havent tried 5-meo-dmt yet so i cant compare, but i have experiences with other rcs (5meo-mipt might be the closest to this one.. but that may be a bit far fetched)

I read about the experiences in this thread and decided to go with a very low dose (~4mg) vaporized, looking for a threshold experience. Effects were felt after a few minutes. No time dilation was noticed. The experience lasted under an hour, with a plateau ~20mins

Music is quite enjoyable. Along with the body sensations, this is the substance's biggest plus

Visually there seems to bo nothing of interest, perhaps a bit of the shine triptamines usually give me, like contours being brighter with the color a bit running off. Nothing too spectacular. A + only. I dont think this will improve with dose

Bodywise, it gives quite the stoned feeling, a bit like weed, but also is quite relaxing. No euphoria, but a general increase in sensitivity. I imagine sex would be great in this state.

The effects taper off after ~20mins, and i am left with increased sensitivity to previous negative aspects (such as feeling my eyes dry and my head hurting... but i was at the end of a long day and i had both these symptoms before just didnt notice them that much)

i feel the substance is interesting, but probably a lot better at (a bit) higher doses. Will go for 6mg or 8mg inhaled, as usually for me tryptamines' effects are a lot more positive at a normal full dose than at threshold level. Also, setting seems to be particulaly important with this one.

Am wondering of the tolerance/cross tolerance with other tryptamines... Wouldnt want to spoil a long waited mushroom trip for a half hour of trippy stoning. Also wondering of the redosing potential on this one, especially with the erotic in mind ;)

Been waiting for a while to get my hands on this one...Ive tried 13 mg oral last night and I wasnt very impressed.Ive had a relaxed and stoned body during the experience wich lasted about 3 hours.Maybe experience would be too much to say considering the terrible head ache i had all the time.I will give it another try next week,i think i can go up to 18-20mg orally,or try to inhale a smaller dose.Will get back with news

I insufflated ~12-15mg of 5-MeO-MET fumarate. It burned, but it was quite tolerable. After 10 minutes, I felt intoxicated and nauseated. Although my stomach was empty, I vomited. The experience isn't very powerful, colors seem brighter, patterns on the wall look pronunced and my mood is lifted.

It is very similar to 5-MeO-MiPT.