View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I just use gelcaps but if you don't have enough, toss and wash should be fine. If you're taking a higher dose (600+) you may want to take it over 90 minutes.

Usually powder taken this way isn't quite as intense as cough syrup at the same dosage, but it feels MUCH cleaner, both physically and mentally.

What can I say about DxM besides that it is my long time favorite drug
and I made over 4000 posts on Dextroverse before I somehow pissed
off the mods for other stuff and got banned for a while :p.

I have used DxM for around 5 years now, sometimes a few times in a week, and not using it for a month or more depending on what I feel like doing and how much time I have on my hands/money.

I am one of the few who have tried just about every preperation of dextromethorphan besides CCCs and other harmful products to use for recreation.
The only drug I have ever used that was in the same bottle as the dex was guaif which yes causes more nausea but I can handle it. I only ever used DM preperations though when I was low on money and got the off brand DM shit.

Not bragging mind you.
Anywho, DxM has been a very useful tool for me helping to recover long lost memories/dreams, OBEs (or what seemed like), lots of awesome CEVs and pure music euphoria which is great since I am a musician.

Sadly over the years though I have built up a tolerance to the drug. Even after waiting a month or two and then using it again I don't get the effects like I used to which is why I am taking a long break from it. I think the last few years being on what seems like an endless alcohol binge hasn't helped my tolerance to dex at all along with some other drugs.

Mixing pot with DxM is fun and can kill most tolerance issues but I am very sensitive to pot and sometimes get freaked out on it or paranoid. Not like crazy or anything, just personal issues when I smoke up too much because of my normal anxiety issues I live with day to day.

So yes, DxM FTW! It's a neat drug and legal if the psychonaut plays safe, learns enough before trying it, and is experienced using other psychedelics and or dissociatives.

Funny pic I made a while back..
chickpill.jpg

It was a good trip...I watched 2001: A Space Oddyssey. WTF?! I totally just found a new tripping movie. That movie was AWESOME! So peaceful, easy to follow, good music, trippiness, computer gone rogue, then the ending was so colourful and I had no idea what was going on, it was great. I highly recommend it for tripping, there's a lot of images and things you must think about to really grasp it, but the movie leaves you with plenty of time for thought. A new Fear and Loathing, for me anyways.

Besides that, I ventured out to the washroom a few times, played some World in Conflict. The DXM I mixed with grape fruit juice, about 450mg, but I only drank 300mg worth before nausea started kicking in and I didn't want more. Will split it into gel caps next time, should be better to take.

If you have freebase DXM mix it 1:1 with citrate and parachute it. Don't stuff it into gelcaps, they suck.

DXM HBr works just as fine - I would even say better - than the !"#! cough syrups.

Btw my attitude for the syrups is due to the only DXM containing syrup available around here being truly LOADED with sorbitol. Drink a 4th plateau dose of that and you'll be spending half the trip in the toilet.

What's citrate? Where can I get it? How does it benefit the DXM experience (guessing it converts it to DXM Citrate, but how's this help?)?

Anyone ever try snorting pure DXM HBr? I hear it burns like a bitch but besides that I have no idea on dose, or if this is advisable or not...I'm guessing it's not, seeing as no one does it...Anyone know the doses for insuffilated DXM and how long it lasts?

EDIT

After due research, no, DXM should not be snorted it seems. Shall stick to mixing it in drinks or parachuting it.

Last edited:
Would 300mg's be a safe first dose?

I know of the deficiency, but assuming I have the deficiency, 300mg's isn't going to be enough to do serious harm, is it?

edit: I weigh 175 pounds, 5'11'', experienced tripper, and just ate dinner a half hour ago...

^ I think 300 is a bit high... if you lack the enzyme, it probably wouldn't seriously physically damage you, but you might be strapped into a dysphoric 2 or 3 day trip...

100-150 is a good first time tester dose.

Also it's best to have a reasonably empty stomach.

I have an deficient (but still slightly working) CYP2D6 enzyme and the duration of DXM is about doubled for me, it tends to last 10-16 hours. The dose is still the same, though, 300mg is somewhere hovering around ++ to +++ and beyond that is +++ territory.

okay, I think I'll go with 100mg's this weekend to see how things go...

If I dose 100 mg's this weekend, will I be good to go with 300mg's next weekend?

Yeah but I'm sure it won't do anything, unless you are deficient. You'll be good with 300mg on the weekend. Be sure to smoke some weed with it, because I've done 300mg without weed and it didn't make me hallucinate or feel that good at all. I think weed can kick it up to another level.

Ason Unique said:
Yeah but I'm sure it won't do anything, unless you are deficient. You'll be good with 300mg on the weekend. Be sure to smoke some weed with it, because I've done 300mg without weed and it didn't make me hallucinate or feel that good at all. I think weed can kick it up to another level.

I never have weed on me... but I know what you said is probably true. Weed always makes things kick in extra-heavy (DOC, shrooms, etc...)

I have a question. I kinda had a small stint of DXM abuse, using once a week or every two weeks for a couple months, I started on 300mg and ended up to using 600mg each time due to tolerance. But I abstained for a few months then when I tried it again I can't seem to achieve the previous states (ie closing my eyes and flying through wormholes/tunnels, flying through space, exploring etc etc NOT 4th Plateau, probably 2nd/3rd) 300mg-400mg dose. Is this because I still have a tolerance? or permanent tolerance?

I tried mixing it with weed a couple times, but I can never seem to remember the experience much, and Im not sure if I semi-black out or fall asleep or something. How much weed should be mixed to intensify the experience?

Excido said:
I have a question. I kinda had a small stint of DXM abuse, using once a week or every two weeks for a couple months, I started on 300mg and ended up to using 600mg each time due to tolerance. But I abstained for a few months then when I tried it again I can't seem to achieve the previous states (ie closing my eyes and flying through wormholes/tunnels, flying through space, exploring etc etc NOT 4th Plateau, probably 2nd/3rd) 300mg-400mg dose. Is this because I still have a tolerance? or permanent tolerance?

I tried mixing it with weed a couple times, but I can never seem to remember the experience much, and Im not sure if I semi-black out or fall asleep or something. How much weed should be mixed to intensify the experience?

I obviously don't know how DXM works (because I've never taken it), but I'm guessing you need t do the following:

-don't take DXM for a while (month, or two?)
-try to not think about using DXM during this time.

-When you do finally try DXM again, do it in a different setting, and don't expect anything from the trip. As with anything, if you expect certain things of it (i.e. things that have happened before), you are bound to be dissapointed.

Summary: don't use DXM for a while, then do it without expectations.

excido, in my extremely similiar case, yeah, it's a permament tolerance. I have to up the dose to upper 3rd plateau to "travel" inside my mind anymore.

make sure you're well rested when you try. be in a comfortable position, but not a position you're likely to fall asleep in. I take baby-hits of weed during the peak or come-up if I'm not feeling what I want to be. a little meditation or mental focusing techniques can really help as well, with the benefit of not having to add any more drugs. but in my case, I don't travel through no more galaxies without chugging down a 3rd plateau dose.

was really nice before, though.

Tried DXM for the first time.

After reading up on DXM, i decided to try it since i couldn't get a hold of anything else at the time, and im a little short on cash this month. I took 200mg of it and it was pretty much what i had expected, I felt like i was drunk/high at the same time, i felt pretty happy, and when i went to lay down in the dark i was seeing some pretty cool shit... But what i wasn't expecting was that the day after i have a really short temper.. i get annoyed and angry way faster than i normally do.. and i seem to be a little shakey.. Anyone know why this might be?

It's just the hangover, nothing to worry about.

Nice to hear you had a good time for your first experience with DXM.

Next time, I'd suggest somewhere in between 350mg-600mg if you liked 200mg. Just keep making steps up until you find that sweet spot.

Be safe.

(hits self upside self's head for eating so much dextromethorphan when self was 15-16.)

The bad mood might be 5HT depletion. I usually take 5HTP on the afterglow in order to get rid of that symptom.

Just drank 300mg DXM in 450mL of grapefruit juice. I want a cigarette...Is this way too much potentiation taking place? I've never had a smoke on DXM before.

EDIT

Just one way to find out I guess...

EDIT

Wasn't too bad at all, that was a pretty good experience, I had way less nausea than my past two tries with the pure stuff.

Last edited:
DXM was my first introduction to "reality-altering" drugs. Previously I'd only used cannabis and alcohol, but about a year ago my boyfriend suggested that we dex together, and I was game.

I loved it. It turned my apartment into this enormous, beautiful, mysterious world that I explored in amazement by candlelight. Something about exploring a familiar place on dex by candlelight is just magical. You rationally know that it's just your bedroom, or your kitchen, or your bathroom, and it is familiar, but at the same time there is something new and amazing and beautiful about it, if that makes sense. And the way candlelight hits objects and they seem to sort of materialise out of the dark is just...awesome.

In fact, I loved dex so much and it was so easy to get that I was tripping on between 300 and 420mg pretty much every week, if not even more often. As is prone to happen with drug binges, DXM started to become more routine and less magical, so I took a break.

I tripped again for the first time in a couple months about a week ago, and it had its old magic back. I'm in a new apartment now that has very high ceilings and large windows that gave me the feeling that I was in some castle tower (even though we're on the ground floor), and I knew I had the dex magic back, which made me very, very happy.

But, I've learned my lesson. When things are special, keep them special and not routine. I plan to space out my dex nights out at least a month apart from now on. I don't want it to lose its magic again.

I found that wearing tinted sunglasses like aviator ones, increase visuals if you're in the daylight because when its darker you start to see your closed eye visuals with your eyes open.

But I've noticed dxm lately hasn't been the same, I usually pass out and remember the trip sparingly, and didn't as intense visuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.