Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DXM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frozanics said:
I encountered no nausea on my first DXM trip and that was 600mg of the stuff. The second time i was basically stuck to my recliner for a couple of hours and i only took ~450mg.

Not sure what happened. Perhaps it was because of what was in my stomach before i dosed?

Well, did you use different brands? It could have a lot to do with the inactive ingredients in the syrup or the coatings on the pills I believe.

Would i still get the same effects dosing 3 nights in a row?

^^ Yeah should be the same. Though It depends on how much DXM you take every night. I can still feel a 1.5 gram dose 3 days after taking it. If your using average 300mg a night then no problem.

Does anyone here have any experience with using DXM to potentiate opiates?
If so, when do you take the DXM? Before taking the opiate or after taking the opiate?

Tell me if you guys think this is right, for example with codeine, DXM should be taken around 1 hour after taking the codeine, because thats about when the levels of morphine start to peak. If taken before the codeine, DXM will compete with the same enzyme that breaks down codeine, thus slowing down codeine metabolism and the amount of morphine produced. For an opiate thats already active without being metabolized, DXM should be taken before the opiate. True or false?

Thanks

TRPPNASS_DSCOMONKE said:
3 quick questions-

1) is there less nausea if you dose dex after you eat? do most of you dose on full/empty stomach?

2)so if i dose lower doses with some frequency itll be more of a DOX effect?

3)could the long term "personality changing" effects of DXM be related to mild ego dissolution? they sound similiar in character.

1) its preference. I know people who would vouch for both sides. for me, I like to eat something small 1 hour b4 thats not greasy in any way.
2. If you want more DXO then take dxm over a long period of time. The size of the dose doesnt matter but I cant imagine anyone taking high doses of dxm over time to create DXO at the third plat or higher. I like to do doses of 300 and spread them out every hour, going up to 1200 mgs.

Dunno said:
Would i still get the same effects dosing 3 nights in a row?

Depends on the dose. IF they are smaller doses of 300mgs then yea its the same thing every day. but when you get into the higher doses which add mind fuckage, your going to be more disasociated each time you do it. Im addicted to dxm and when i binge on high doses, i can definatly feel a little batty by the 4th night in a row.

Rule of thumb for safe DXM use is twice a month, having 2 week seperation

Frozanics said:
I encountered no nausea on my first DXM trip and that was 600mg of the stuff. The second time i was basically stuck to my recliner for a couple of hours and i only took ~450mg.

Not sure what happened. Perhaps it was because of what was in my stomach before i dosed?

definatly watch what you eat the day you dose. this will make or break your trip.

Also consider what products you use. syrups usually tear up peoples stomachs because of the dye used and the sugars used in it. Also the tasteis a big turn off to most people

Try gels if the syrup is too much. Most people find these easier to deal with because of no taste, and less stress on the stomach.

If these dont work, Zicam max sprays are the way to go. on contains almost 500 mgs of dxm in that one little shot. Menthally but at least its a shot. this causes almost no nausea.

IF this doesnt work, then deslym tastes the best out of any dxm product IMO. Just know that this contains DXM poli which is an edible plastic that is used as a time release that will last for 12 hours. Feels different than dxm hrb but different good.

NO MATTER WHAT, HAVE SOME WEED NEARBY AS THIS KILLS NAUSEA RIGHT AWAY

Dxmmonster said:
Il chose delsym or extracted over syrup any day. never had zicam tho.

deslyms alright, only like it with the combo of hbr. Plus it lasts too long and i dont have the time to break down the poli with lemon/lime juice

The zicam max is the way to go. like i said its about 500 mgs of hbr and it fills less than a shot glass of alcohol. THe after taste sucks and lasts quite some time. But this is the way to go I think.

i like the length of delsym, its awesome, i want my trips to last as long as possible.

zicam sound basically just like agent lemon without the lemon, and yeah that shit is nasty, but I agree, it's the best trip compared to the other dosing methods.

Dxmmonster said:
i like the length of delsym, its awesome, i want my trips to last as long as possible.

zicam sound basically just like agent lemon without the lemon, and yeah that shit is nasty, but I agree, it's the best trip compared to the other dosing methods.

12 hours?8( . way too long of a trip. I dont feel normal when i come down. but then again last time i did deslym it was with the 5 oz and 3 oz which was a high 3rd plat..... fucked me up good. havnt touched it since.

courtesy of my gf's medicine cabinet btw

so does UK cough medicines cotain DXM? i brought some Vicks the other day on a reccomendation from my mate, but looking at the package the only active indgrident seems to be levomenthol. is this the same for all UK cough medicines?

insanityitself said:
so does UK cough medicines cotain DXM? i brought some Vicks the other day on a reccomendation from my mate, but looking at the package the only active indgrident seems to be levomenthol. is this the same for all UK cough medicines?

DXM is short for Dextromethorphan hydrobromide or DXM hbr for short. According to bluelight, its a controlled substance in the UK. According to erowid:

Caffetin Cold
by Alkaloid AD, Skopje, Macedonia
Active Ingredients (per tablet):

* DXM HBr 15mg,
* Pseudoephedrine 30mg,
* Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) 500mg,
* Ascorbic acid 60mg.

Note: This product is sold in Europe.

this is the only one sold in the UK. as you can see it contains 500 mgs of acetaminophen which means you should not use this product recreationally.

the levomenthol is used as a decongestion if believe.

So the quick answer is no you cant trip with your product (even tho vicks contains dxm in the US) and I doubt it is for sell OTC

what said:
DXM is short for Dextromethorphan hydrobromide or DXM hbr for short. According to bluelight, its a controlled substance in the UK. According to erowid:

Caffetin Cold
by Alkaloid AD, Skopje, Macedonia
Active Ingredients (per tablet):

* DXM HBr 15mg,
* Pseudoephedrine 30mg,
* Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) 500mg,
* Ascorbic acid 60mg.

Note: This product is sold in Europe.

this is the only one sold in the UK. as you can see it contains 500 mgs of acetaminophen which means you should not use this product recreationally.

the levomenthol is used as a decongestion if believe.

So the quick answer is no you cant trip with your product (even tho vicks contains dxm in the US) and I doubt it is for sell OTC
uh, thats a tad annoying. waste of £3 :(. any other ways of obtaining DXM in this country? what does it being "controlled substance" mean? is it actually illegal in this country or just not sold commericaly (a wikipedia checked didnt seem to list dxm as illegal int his country). cheers for the information anyway :D

insanityitself said:
uh, thats a tad annoying. waste of £3 :(. any other ways of obtaining DXM in this country? what does it being "controlled substance" mean? is it actually illegal in this country or just not sold commericaly (a wikipedia checked didnt seem to list dxm as illegal int his country). cheers for the information anyway :D

controlled substance in this instance means. if you should ever "develop" a cough then you can go to your doctor and ask for a strong cough suppressant.

The easiest way to find out ,being i live in the US, is to go down to your stores or pharmacy and just look for DXM as the only active ingredient.

If it has APAP in it, couldn't you CWE it and get rid of most of it a la codeine and APAP?

nuke said:
If it has APAP in it, couldn't you CWE it and get rid of most of it a la codeine and APAP?

Never thought of that, and not sure if it would work...... Let me get back to you guys and run over to the DV real quick to see what they think

AFAIK, this would not work very easily. MAYBE chilling your syrup would cause the APAP to precipitate out. Otherwise, it might be acheivable after doing an A/B extraction. But then you would still have to worry about the Pseudo in there.

the CWE would work but not as well as with opiates because DXM aint that water soluble.

nuke said:

Ok found out. The dv said that in theory you could do that but it would be very hard because the water you use would have to stay cold throughout the process because of the dxm or it would be lost. The temp to get rid of the apap is pretty close to the temp you would lose the dxm. the concensus was it wasnt worth the effort to go through with it

would link you to it but you have to be part of the dv to see the forums and that takes a while to do

Status
Not open for further replies.