• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Bad Trip Subthread] Describe your worst psychedelic experience(s)!

MachineGunBallad said:
that is totally fucked. did vinny ever try to exact revenge?

man, where did you get the picture for you avatar (the vortex thing comin out of the guys head)

i want it! give me a link or a name pleese!! :D

My worste trip ever was when I took these really strong shrooms at some kids house
I didn't even know with my boyfriend and my other really good friend.
The kids mom was in the basement talking to us while the trip started to
hit us real hard.
We couldn't handle talking to her so my boyfriend and I sat out in our friend's
car while he was inside.
For a while things were going pretty good.
It was fun, but I kept seeing really scary shit when I closed my eyes, and
my bf was doing the same thing.

After a while my friend came out to his car and said he was about to freak out.
My bf and I thought he was joking and just laughed at him, but then
he started to cry and flip shit and we had no idea what to do.

I started to freak out and started to feel really sick.
We didn't want to stay where we were and didn't know what to do so
we called up our drunk friends to come get us.
While we were waiting, we all walked in the freezing rain to a playground where we were supossed to meet our friends.
They took for fucking ever and at that point I started to feel extremely sick
and weak, I could barely walk, if I would've stayed out there in that weather
all night I probably would've died.
Once our friends got us we all went back to my bf's house to pass out, for a while I was feeling better since we were in a warm familiar house.
Then I got really sick, I threw up foam, and then digested looking mushrooms
about 6 times.
I was so weak I couldn't lift my head up.
I would try to go back to bed but I lost complete feeling in my hands and
they felt really swollen.
I turned on the light to look at them and they were turning bluish/purple.
No matter how many blankets and sweatshirts I had on me I was still
freezing and shaking uncontrollably.
I thought I was gonna die for sure.

I had to have my mom come get me at 7 in the morning, I didn't tell her
I was tripping but I think she knew.

No arrests or hospitalizations thank god but…

Had a couple scary trips years ago in college, including one time tripping on 1/8 shrooms + 2 hits blotter by myself and being chased/tormented by a hat-wearing ‘shadow’ that eventually chased me out of my room and down a set of train tracks late at night. I didn’t return home until the next morning after spending the whole night roaming the streets like a wild-eyed lunatic, looking over my shoulder and talking to myself in insane loops of roger waters lyrics.

Just a few years ago I made the mistake of combining 200mg methylone + 100mg booster with what I -thought- was 35mg 2CC but turned out to be 35mg 2CE. Already flying on methylone and being a phen lightweight, the 2CE comeup and peak were terrifying. My friend was watching some lame comedian on TV and it was absolutely scaring the shit out of me. Just way too intense, my cardio system felt fucked and my body was hurting bad. My cat walked up to me and I just freaked. This cat looked like the most demented, deformed evil alien creature you can imagine. Everything was terrifying and the effects were still building! In a state of sheer panic I searched for my benzo stash but could not find any through the jumble of visuals and audio hallucinations. I could not calm down to save my life. I was receiving messages from waaayyy out in outer space, from a galaxy I visualized with crystal clarity on the back of my bedroom door. The messages came in all sorts of languages and voices but they were all preaching my doom. After taking like 3mg xanax the visuals reduced to huge menacing globs of color and sound. I prayed and wished to be dead or for it to be over. I tried to plead with the galactic overlords preaching my doom. I got under the covers and layed fetal all night. I couldn’t puke or piss or even take a drink of water. It was awful. The next morning I still had huge visuals but the mindfuck was over. I didn’t trip for many months after that night, I don’t mix psychs with methylone any more, and the most 2CE I will ever take again is 18mg. Intentionally or not!

DOB ~ Shite swapped with acid as well to try other *acid* ha !

A friend and I split 10 grams of mushrooms (5g each), he was experienced with a lot of heavy trips (the only person I know to have taken Datura more then once), but this was only my second time with mushrooms. I had been told that these mushrooms were a wild strain, but I didn't think it would affect dosage too much. I wanted a big trip.

For the first maybe hour or so I just felt really hyper, almost like a strange amphetamine. I remember it starting to kick in harder when I was lying on the couch. Things started to become distorted, I would rub my gums with the fingers, becoming confused by which hand had which fingers. I started experiencing really intense, and really cool, close eye visuals. More then just seeing stuff - I was looking at a giant translucent, glowing, network of lines intersecting with nodes. I could manipulate it and move it with my "mental" body. The ability to do this held some kind of personal enlightenment for me and added to the greatness of the trip.

Then things got bad, fast. I hear my friend yelling my name from the bathroom, when he got up and left is a mystery. I get up and walk down the hall only to be greeted with utter chaos and disasaster inside the bathroom. My friend is laying on the ground, contorted, his shoe is in the bathtub, his hat strewn down the hall - and theres vomit everywhere. He doesn't move he just says "We're fucked dude", as if we'd just been poisoned and were sure to die. He asked for me to call his parents, but luckly somehow I managed to convince him otherwise and tell him we just ate a bunch of mushrooms, and we'll be fine - we just have to sleep it off.

Things were all bad after that point. Suddenly I couldn't find my room, every room is the house looked the same. I remember telling my friend "I think we hit rough waters". I wasn't trying to use a metaphor, I just had no idea how to describe what was happening to us. I tried sleeping but it didn't happen, I just laid in one spot stuck in an obscure thought loops of strange and paranoid nonsense.

The next day I took a good sized bong rip and exhaled a sigh of relief like I just survived vietnam.

my most recent DXM trip got me somewhere near the end of a second plateau trip and the beginning of a third plateau. It was fun until I got uncontrollable itch all over my back, my sides, and the top and back of my head. It felt so good to itch but it never went away. Later on I puked (likely because I ate DXM in the form of gelcaps and all that gelatinous crap sitting in my stomach probably didnt agree with my body) but after I threw up I felt great.

Actually come to think of it, my salvia trip may have been worse, but it only lasted a few minutes so in that sense it was more bearable than the hour after hour of DXM trippage. The worst part about the salvia trip is that the moment I sat back in my chair, I almost instantly felt this crazy shift of perception and I was in a whole different place. I couldnt figure out why this was happening because, like most people, I completely forgot I had smoked anything. Suddenly everything I was experiencing became my new reality and I kept thinking about all the fun things I did throughout my life and I wondered if I'd ever be able to do that again or if I was stuck there forever. Havent touched the shit since, but I likely will sooner or later, now that I have a general idea of what's going to happen.

haha well i havent had that many trips so i dont have a really bad one but this one time on hbwr i got sick and decided to drive home and as i went home i realised i was tripping and it was a 30mins drive. it was a pretty shocking experience haha

orangelicker said:
Alright so I had just gotten salvia for the first time ever and it was the first psychedelic drug I had gotten ahold of.

The 3rd time I ever did it I was with my two friends in the woods behind one of their neighborhoods. My other friend had his music headphones and told my other buddy who was sitting next to me to press the play button when I blew the smoke out. So anyways I pack the bowl full of salvia 10x and proceed to light it.

All the sudden this fucking voice started singing something a little like this:

HOT PILE ON THE CANDY
ITS SUCH A PRETTY SIGHT
IT MAKES THE FOOD TASTE DANDY BUT MY TUMMY HURTS ALL NIGHT

ILL PUT IN SOME INGREDIENTS BUT KEEP THE REST FOR ME
IM NOT JUST DISOBEDIENT, IM CAREFUL CANT YOU SEE?

ITS A PIECE OF CAKE TO BAKE A PRETTY CAKE, IF THE WAY IS HAZY
YOU GOTTA DO THE COOKIN BY THE BOOK
YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T BE LAZY
NEVER USE A MESSY RECIPE
THE CAKE WILL END UP CRAZY
AND IF YOU DO THE COOKIN BY THE BOOK,
THEN YOULL HAVE A CAKE

(lazy town, cookin by the book-look it up you will laugh your ass off)

so anyway at the beginning of the song I was laughing nuts and then instead of it being funny it was an evil joke. My friend was forcing me to laugh. He chose this song just so he could take control over my mind when I couldnt stop laughing.

I could see a big pink assembly-belt type thing to my left with a bunch of cakes on it. I was one of the workers and I had to make cakes or else the boss was going to yell at me.

I finally realized the music was coming from the headphones so I riped them off my head.

THen my asshole friend fucking lights his smoke bomb and decides to point it at me. It sprayed sparks all over my body. At first I thought I was being attacked by bees or something then I saw him doing it and laughing his stupid fat laugh. I yelled at him to stop as loud as I could but he just thought it was funny and kept doing it. I got so pissed off I yelled for a good 5 minutes and eventually forgot what I was laughing about. If you've ever been pissed off while coming down from saliva you know how easy it is to freak out and start screaming at someone and you can't stop.

So this wasn't really a bad trip, but it was a horrible, painful experience. And I've never felt more anger than that. But the anger subsided as I came down... so it was all good.

OMG, my 3-yr old nephew watches that show and i've seen that episode, that would not go well with a salvia trip.

Oh shit, thats pretty bad with the acid. Thats why you need a sitter. Speaking of needing a sitter.

A friend of mine was friends with 3 kids a few years ago, next to the town I live in. I guess all three of them took about a quad and a half of shrooms each. So they had no sitter, and were running around this city at 3 AM, naked. Well, the girl my friend knew tripped the hell out on 3 8ths and ended up running across the 101 freeway, and was killed when she was hit by car. Her other two friends who were tripping also on the same amount, were just watching her run across or something. Really sucked =/

I guess the two friends are in prison now for a long time, though I'm not sure what exactly the charges were. I hear it was for manslaughter for providing the shrooms to her...but I'm not too sure.

Well my worst experience isn't as bad as those but it was my first trip (and a sitter was present) that culminated in seeing the room I was in turn into a blood bath with dead bodies in it, while cat and dog skeletons frolic through fields of dead flowers, I was bleeding from every orffice of my body (and multi neon colors too), everyone turned into a werewolf. And all I could say was "I want to sleep, and I want to be awake and I want to sleep and I want to die."

I've never had such horrible objective consequences My worst experience tripping involved hours of hellish nausea the likes of which I have never since experienced and the sensation of my physical body dying, but a few hours later and I was fine.

Worst thing is finding out that my recent ex was lying to me for at least 6 months before we broke up. This happened about an hour after dropping 2 alex greys.
I think I did well not to freak, even a little bit. I had a couple of nice people talking to me and the ket probably helped.

I was on five hits of good acid a few years ago, split a tenstrip with a friend. It was the night before thanksgiving. Original idea was to hang out in some kid's house, sorta halfass party going on there...but for some reason our plans were foiled, and it never happened. I ended up hanging out by myself with the guy I split the acid with instead, relegated to his basement, hiding from his parents. Could've been worse.

halfway through the course of the night, playing CDs on this guy's stereo. Some extremely uncharacteristic music comes on by surprise. Immediately struck me as some homosexual love songs-type shit, although in retrospect I have no idea what that sounded like. Either way, it was bizarre enough to catch my attention and bug me the fuck out. I instantly piped up and asked...well...what the fuck was going on with the gay music!

thus I was propelled into some intensely uncomfortable interaction, exacerbated by the acid confusing the shit out me, in which guy basically suggested he was not only gay, secretly, but had some sorta sexual interest in me that suddenly needed to be appeased, right there, right then...with or without my consent. He mentioned his dad's guns in the house. He illustrated quite plainly I could not escape if I tried.

situation was complicated worse by the fact that this character was my best friend up to this point. I could tell he was having an incredibly hard time. This was a result of extreme desperation. He couldn't even talk about it in concrete terms; he was too ashamed. This only served to further compound whatever ridiculous situation I was just thrust into the middle of, and felt I had no choice but to mediate. Shit was fucking insane.

we kept going off-topic -- the topic being this sudden assault, naturally -- likely because I was too far gone to even keep full track of reality, and managed to continually forget what was happening. He'd even go so far as fucking with me in my fragile state by suggesting I'd fabricated the entire scenario myself, based off nothing but his deliberately subtle cues and my own faulty preconceptions. I almost believed it. It was a maddening cycle. I somehow convinced him, after what seemed like being forever trapped in his basement, to leave and go for a walk with me. I just felt claustrophobic as all hell and needed to get out of there; I wasn't thinking anything beyond that.

we walked upstairs, and he gravitated towards his computer instead. I quickly forgot what our original plan was and joined him, adequately appeased that I was free of his basement and this issue no longer seemed so persistent. We hung out for a while as if none of this ever happened. Maybe I forgot, but whatever. Didn't matter. Then at some point he just turned to face me nonchalantly and had his penis exposed. I speedwalked to the front door in a fucking frenzy, instantly.

I stood outside, apologetically. I told him I understood, and I was sorry, but I had to get the fuck out of there. He wandered around his living room immediately inside as I told him this, then approached me suddenly with a handgun pointed at my face. We stared each other down for a while, not saying anything...and then he shot himself in the head, spattering my face and shirt with blood.

I ran as fast as I could, loosely in the direction of my house, ten miles away. I ran for as long as I could possibly run, threw up, and ran more. I eventually slowed down and begrudgingly trekked back home, down a main road with no shoulder, in the middle of the night. I replayed the events in my head obsessively while dodging cars for the next two hours. By the time I got home it was light out.

I skipped whatever family shit I was supposed to be doing the next day, for thanksgiving. Offered pretty much no explanation whatsoever. Just laid in bed for the next 12 hours, acid slowly wearing off, thinking about what happened. I recovered after a day or two, yeah, but fuck....that shit was terrible. I handled it remarkably well, but goddamn. It was still terrible.

ok, fuck...I'm done typing.

::sigh::

Last edited:
...Wow. At first I thought maybe you WERE just inventing a situation. But evidently... you weren't.

Sorry that happened to you. That must have been very traumatic.

I've never had a 'bad trip' though I have had some extremely frightening experiences with LSD, and DPT. But I don't consider them bad because I learned from them. I think the 'worst' trip therefore would be the first time I took 5-MeO-DIPT. I was with a girl I was seeing at the time, and our plan was to test out the aphrodisiac properties. At 11mg, the bodyload was so intense I could not move, all I could do is lay there and wait for it to wear off. First time a psychedelic has ever kept me from doing the deed...usually they make me into the energizer bunny. She took less than I, and very much wanted to be taken care of and I hated not being able to do so. Later, I did enjoy some of the strange sensory effects (specifically the weird audio distortions) but it was never that great of a time.

Another 5-MeO-DiPT trip was shitty...took 8mg at a Dylan concert. The concert was indoors and not in a comfortable venue. I was next to some very 'straight' looking people, and could never get comfortable. There was a terrible bodyload again, but I could not smoke pot and it sucked! Finally, the bodyload lessened and I snuck into the bathroom for a toke...then managed to enjoy the rest of the show. But I never tried that garbage again.

That's my story.

My worst, was when I had ingested roughly, 25 hits (drops of Liquid, not sure on the average MG per drop.) for a period of time, I was seeing this LSD super highway (obscure green and purple shapes) for about an hour, then I got off the local transit, and walked into a dark park in my city, with my two best friends. A random thought popped into my head "What if they're plotting my death?!" So I got all pissed off, and just walked home (home was about 3 kilometres away) with the events of the night playing through my head like a broken record player.

I get home, my mother asks where I had been all day, and I couldn't even spit out a proper sentence. I sit at my computer, trying to figure out what it is, then I remember, do the signing in thing, talk to one of my friends for a few seconds. Then I decided to have a shower, fuck was that ever refreshing. By this time I was out of the loop, but still on this fucking highway bullshit, so I ate a peice of toast (previously not eating anything all day,) and hurled out my back balcony, felt alot better, then trekked backto my friends house which was by the park, smoked some weed, watched a couple movies and enjoyed the rest of my night.

Xorkoth said:
...Wow. At first I thought maybe you WERE just inventing a situation. But evidently... you weren't.

Sorry that happened to you. That must have been very traumatic.
it was hectic, yes, but it didn't stick with me or ruin my life or anything; I'm fine. It was well worth a story, though, and I never typed it out in so much detail, so I figured what the hell. Thanks for reading though. :)

quad and a half

Does this mean 10.5 grams? I assume you mean two eighths by 'quad', and that you thus mean an eighth by 'half [of a quad]', making a total of three eighths (3.5 grams * 3).

I've never had the worst happen to me, but I always fear it's going to be some kind of neurochemical instability that just makes me go crazy, or that I take life very gravely and die out of anxiety. :p