• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Bad Trip Subthread] Describe your worst psychedelic experience(s)!

Worst experience was my first experience with mushrooms, this was also my first time trying a psychedelic. I ate roughly 2 grams, in my room alone. I want to add I had done no research of what shrooms are all about, just thinking it made the walls look wavey and things of that nature).

The come-up and throughout the peak were awesome! I felt very happy watching a movie, talking to friends online and just hangin out; being alone was not bothering me at all. Change in visual perception for the first time (besides what litttle effects weed has in this area), was amazing and even had me laughing at points. Besides feelings of euphoria and wonder, I had no other mental changes.

This is where it starts to get bad. After tripping for about 3-4 hours (still trippin) I decided to lay down and sleep because I had school in a bunch of hours. I could not sleep at all, I never have trouble sleeping. Faces of the people on TV were strange and eerie looking and I did not like it, I tried different shows but it was just getting too weird to watch. I started to wonder if this would ever end. I began thinking I wold be stuck feeling like this forever. I almost wanted to get help because I was becoming very scared.

I called a few people before the girl I was talking to at the time answered my call. As soon as I told her what was going on, I was feeling perfectly fine, no bad thoughts or anything. Talking with someone brought me back to reality a bit and took my mind off of all the negative thoughts I was having. I think my thoughts just began racing off, obviously not expecting it because of my lack of knowledge at the time.

If I had read up a bit about shrooms I would have been able to think myself through it and tell myself I would be feeling normal in a few hours. Also seeing my face morph in the mirror during the bad part FREAKED me out man, lol. I avoided looking in the mirror for the rest of that night.

Absolutely 2C-I 100-200mg intra nasal. Feels alwfull and then licking and snorting, almost to Trivial Pursuit family game type hallucination. Really almost. And feeling complete hay-fewer allergic shit. SO it's also with DOI with me. Amphetamine could been feeling normal still but it gets to that too later, even if escaping it (you know, yearly dose for psych maintenance lol ).

And fear of poisoned, feels good on sofa. Maybe there should be that taste to know it at least contains something it. It were. Or my name is on all circling RC vendorses blacklist or dopamine antagonised with other neurotransmitters so histamine gets high. Stimulant pain, lacking the oxygen in muscles with RCs. But 2Cs don't contain that internet stim beta ketone thingy. So it should be benzos and or at least vodka. Or a drug, which 2C-I is for some reason. LD50 is 1000mg or 6000mg.

BTW, do they give deprenyl drops to grandmamas in living own, because i'm having mild headache and have picked few rolling cigarette butts there where they hang out and having plastic wrap in some...not kidding.

...wut?

I've tripped over 1000 times in 15 years, maybe 1500, I don't know.
Subjectively: Never had a bad trip. I like weird fucked up experiences or whatever and I never have felt like I fucked my mind up or whatever after a day or two.
Worst subjective experiences:
I love smoking weed, but I had a high dose edible experience that put me off eating weed, had a stupidly self-conscious head trip.
Synth noids often caused brief paranoid\psychotic states. But wear off quickly (all the good to OK ones were banned years ago.)
Salvia felt like I had reached the pinnacle of psychosis, turning into foreign objects and shit (like the old "dropped acid turned into orange juice.") But it's 5 minutes and you laugh it off.

Objectively: Most people would who had been arrested or sent to psych wards 20-30 times while high as a kite on dissociatives would probably have had a bad time. But usually I was so high that after being put in the psych ward or the time i was in county jail I actually enjoyed it for a week or two until I started coming down off my trip. (If you binge on dissos you end up with a very, very long high, especially PCP because it is stored in fat.)

However, it's been a year and a half or something since an arrest/psych stay and I'm done with that phase of drug use.

Absolute worst trip of my life was when I drank ayahuasca alone in the wilderness, got horribly lost, and literally had to climb through poison oak and stinging nettles in the >100F heat to find my way back to the trail. I truly thought I was going to die.

Absolute worst trip of my life was when I drank ayahuasca alone in the wilderness, got horribly lost, and literally had to climb through poison oak and stinging nettles in the >100F heat to find my way back to the trail. I truly thought I was going to die.

That sounds terrible.

My worst experience was also my best: DPT in the depths of opioid addiction. Went through hell that day and came out clean on the other side. The bad part was worth the good part for sure. Since then I don't consider any experience to be a "bad trip" and have come to accept my mindset is to blame most of the time. If you go into a bad place it just means you have something to work on and overcome in your life.

That sounds terrible.

My worst experience was also my best: DPT in the depths of opioid addiction. Went through hell that day and came out clean on the other side. The bad part was worth the good part for sure. Since then I don't consider any experience to be a "bad trip" and have come to accept my mindset is to blame most of the time. If you go into a bad place it just means you have something to work on and overcome in your life.

Could you get into a little more detail? I'm a long time opiate addict, kratom makes my addiction manageable but wouldn't mind getting off that now too.

Could you get into a little more detail? I'm a long time opiate addict, kratom makes my addiction manageable but wouldn't mind getting off that now too.

I wrote a trip report about it here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/776463-(DPT-120-140mg)-First-time-I-am-a-mouse-among-giants

I left out some details but most of them are in the replies. I can go into more detail beyond that if you'd like. Give me more details on your addiction (years of use and substances) and I can help you out more than shooting blind in the dark.

I think I was last clean like a year ago, but most of the year has just been kratom.

I used to do a lot of dope but then the North East was flooded with fentanyl and unlike (seemingly) most junkies I would prefer to be alive so I went to subs, then got off those through kratom a few years ago, then I don't know year and a half started fucking with mostly morphine pills, oxycodone for a bit back on subs now kratom again.

If fentanyl had not tainted the drug supply I'd probably still be on dope, heroin is just another opiate to me fent is WAY too fucking potent more like a chemical weapon.

Also never used a needle, only sniff or oral. Actually I did ketamine IM but made it a point not to shoot opiates or stims seen too much carnage around that.

I first used opiates 15 years ago but no addiction until maybe 7 years.

Hey man, that's rough and pretty much describes me too. It seemed like I was jumping from band-aide to band-aide. I went through the sub phase too and dabled in heroin but by the time I got to it I felt the same way as you; just another opiate. I preferred morphine and oxymorphone to it and only started buying it because pills got so high. I'm like you as well first started about 15 years ago and became a junkie somewhere in there.

Kratom isn't as bad as coming off hard opioids but the old problem of wanting to use after getting clean is there. I haven't used kratom often but I had a long enough stint with it to feel mild wd after stopping it. So I know where you're at, it isn't as bad as subs though I promise. Both DPT and DMT seemed to get rid of that urge to use for a long time. With DMT I was on day 8 of methadone withdrawal and I managed to stay off long term. I stayed off of it for a long time after DPT too but I ended up going back after a while. With DMT I think I've stayed clean long term mostly because I did it on day 8 of horrible methadone withdrawals or maybe I was just ready to stop for good. I've found use of psychedelics to help me make the initial changes needed but staying clean long term is more about making good decisions while sober. Thankfully, both substances don't give me much desire to use them close together. DPT I would consider maybe doing again but I'm weary of it. DMT I would blast off on any time but I don't feel the need to seek it out and after a few sessions I typically get to a point where I don't want to repeat doing it again for some time. I haven't really gotten smacked by it in a bad way yet which I hear can happen if you start using it all the time.

Anyway my greater point is they can be helpful as part of a larger process. I wouldn't wish DPT in opioid withdrawal on my worst enemy. The first part of my trip on it was pure hell as I realized how much pain my habit had caused to everyone around me. DMT wasn't like that. It replaced cold w/d with a warm glow and was very peaceful. I had a better idea of what I needed to do in my life afterwards and it removed a lot of bad emotions I was going through at that time. I don't think it would have been as profound otherwise. I've done it plenty of times since and it has mostly become pure fun. Still gives me insight but no major changes seem needed in my life at the time. I'm relatively happy and I'm no longer carrying around all that guilt about my opioid use. I mostly toy with it at sub-breakthrough doses though. It's an entirely different animal if you break through.

I nearly forgot. You should look into Iboga which seems more suited for beating opioid withdrawal. I haven't done it personally but I'm interested in trying it. I'm afraid I could easily go back to opioids because I've failed so many times. A few people here have done it and stayed off long term. There is a really good/long trip report about it and a few threads.