• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Bad Trip Subthread] Describe your worst psychedelic experience(s)!

even my ‘bad’ experiences I find valuable and it’s most definitely my ‘bad’ experiences that are most memorable/ make for interesting story telling in the right company.

However I did have one experience that was both bad and useless, though I do get some amusement from the memory. during my 1st period of experimentation w/research chems and some previously unknown herbs (salvia) I had an unfortunate experience with 5-meo-dipt and alcohol. I was using the 5-meo-dipt recreationally and took about 15mgs or so 1 night and went (by public transport) to meet some friends at a bar.

I was mildly inebriated in that foxy way at the bar and I also drank steadily leading to a highly intoxicated state. I left my friends after a few hours and started the walk to get the train home. It was during the subway ride that I must have blacked out; my memories are sketchy after that.

I remember walking through some parks, then I have a brief memory of laughing hysterically at the night sky with my arms outstretched, reaching upwards. I was naked and giggling like a loon. I came to standing, still naked, in my yard, in a borough of boston. It was just before dawn and I ran and hid in the vestibule of my home (a 2 family house in Roxbury, if anyone knows the area) I huddled on the floor, hoping my neighbors wouldn’t see me, trying to convince myself that no one saw me dancing naked in my yard. I knew my roommate would come to the door to get his paper (at 5am every day) and let me inside; I must have left my keys with my clothes. Fortunately it was summer, but I was still a little chilly.

This was obviously alcohol related; it certainly wasn’t the 5-meo-dipt alone BUT the foxy was involved so it was a drug experience. nasty night, and the holes were never filled in; I’m not sure how I ended up in the position i did. I’m also very lucky not to have been arrested. I no longer mix booze w/anything, actually i don't drink at all anymore.

with shrooms i find that the anxiety can be of a ridiculous magnitude. however, i do find that there are some thinks that can increase the likeliness during both the come up and the peak. there have been several times when i consumed shrooms(both in the upper 7g range) that i initially experienced severe panic attacks on the comeup.

my trip was scarafyingly creeping up on me. at first during both times i took a nice walk around my school arboretum, and then proceeded to smoke a blunt. on the trip back to society, i began to experience physical side effects: throat became very dry, as did my tongue and mouth which caused swallowing to become impossible. I found I actually could not walk anymore and had to take several breathers on the way back because i could tell my breathing had slowed and that the hallucinations were starting. This is where it got fucked up and is what caused my comeup anxiety; I began to hear like high pitch frequencies and the sound of children laughing. Upon finally arriving back in my bed, i collapse into it barely able to breath, as it is very labored and shallow. I tell my friend shrooming with me to call another one of my friends and when asked why i replied "Because I dont know if im going to make this."

I swear to you for 3 hours i sat in this bed and while I would clearly hallucinate both visually and auditorily, I found myself in a state so near death that I can only classify it as the crest. I literally started to die and began incorporating into the earth(oaken bed). The funny thing too is that I had such ego loss, that I did not care about this. I knew what it were to be an inanimant thing in this existence, nothing more than a prop; inable to have any interaction with its surroundings. I would ocassionally awake from this nightmare for 20 seconds to pleade with my friend to help me escape this mess.

The other experience was almost identical except that it involved me wandering down pathways at night in the park twisting and turning and contorting and never being able to actually find a way that wasnt the way I came. No solace from anything with my eyes open; i.e. even when finally arriving back home, sitting on the floor against the wall and looking down at the carpet and seeing it flowing away from me and leaving me in a black hole. i close my eyes, reopen and see the wall in front of me begin to melt away from existence like molten lava. fucking scary shit and both of these trips involved anxiety both on the comeup and during the peak. my venture into plausible factors were of course environment in one. make sure when you shroom that the environment you are in is of extreme comfort and familiarity. also make sure if you intend to eat a large dose, that you please take care eating it on an empty stomach, because it will leave you incapacitated for quite a long bit of time (due to stomach pain and a toxic impure feeling in the body and mind).

First let me preface by saying I've been dreaming since high school in the hippie days... long long ago.

Some years back, I was living in LA and was invited to a bunch of Halloween parties. I was working on a slate of low-budget movies and the sleazy producers had gotten me started on coke. To supplement it on my slave wages I started using meth scored from a biker extra on the current flick. Anyway, on top of some coke and meth I dropped some cid and rolled (using a roller) about 20 fat cig-shaped Js which I packed into a Marlboro box for party-hopping.

The first party I went to was in the Wilshire district, at a semi-seedy New York-style low-rise apt bldg. I was already starting to trip when I got there. The party was hosted by some Scandinavians, and most of the guests were from Sweden or Iceland (and were pretty naive regarding drugs but also very open).

I shared a bottle of vodka which moved me into a more macho trip, and when one of the guests asked if a joint being passed around by a skinny beady-eyed American weasel was laced with PCP, I boldly volunteered to taste it.

I sucked a deep hit and pronounced it clean, since I couldn't taste anything but weed. Big dumb mistake.

I soon checked the fact that all the women at the party were taken, and decided to move on to party number two. Here's where the fun began...

I stepped into the rickety old cage-style elevator, noting a fresh puddle of piss on the floor. As the cage squeaked closed and I started to descend, I had the impression I was heading down to hell. The red lightbulb that illuminated the elevator reinforced that notion, red being a devilish color.

I made it to my car and started to drive. I was on a street that I'd literally driven hundreds of times and knew like the back of my hand, but now I couldn't tell which way I was headed. I stopped my car and opened up my Thomas map book, but the tiny words just started leaping off the page and flying past me.

Plan two. I got out of my car and walked up to a house to read the address numbers, then went to the house next door to compare them, which would give me a North-South bearing. But by the time I reached house two, I couldn't remember the numbers from house one.

Getting back in my car I drove off, and promptly got stuck at a red light. The minute or so seemed so loooooooong that I thought, okay this is it, I have died and am in hell and this is where I'll spend eternity, sitting at a red light. After what seemed like hours, I started to get out of my car in the middle of the street, but luckily the light changed just at that moment.

Now I knew I was in for a real roller coaster of a night, so I started praying, asking God to please help get me unlost. A song came on the radio: "Whenever you want me, I'll be there..." which was extremely comforting, and bang! immediately I recognized what street I was on.

Since I apparently had God's ear, I decided why not sweeten the deal? So I asked him to let me meet a wonderful woman that night, in return for which I would give up coke (which had caused me to start using meth as well as chainsmoking cigarettes, which I had always shunned.)

I reached Sunset Blvd, at the foot of King's Road (which took on religious meaning for me), but was hit with a wave of white light (not a full-blown +4 cosmic consciousness experience, just an empty blinding flash) so I parked on Sunset and lay down on the car seat until I felt able to continue. I also got out of my car and threw away my cigarette pack of unsmoked joints, depositing them on the step of a parked Mack truck. (Hopefully someone found them and enjoyed them!)

I finally found my way up the narrow winding curves of King's Road until I reached the summit. But just as I was about to park, a young man approached and asked for a ride down to Sunset. I was loathe to do it, having barely made the long drive up, but I had an impression that he was really Jesus and that I needed to be generous.

I said get in, and despite serious qualms of paranoia, I dropped him off so he could catch his bus home.

Back up to the party. I finally arrive. The first person to greet me was a woman out on the patio. I asked her name. Eve. She asked mine. I guess it's Adam, I said. She's not amused.

I slink into the house. Guess that wasn't her, or God wasn't going for my deal. Then I looked across the room and saw a golden goddess. Whoa. She was literally golden, painted from head to toe. And she was beautiful.

I tried to approach her but she avoided me. Then the hosts greeted me, and I didn't see goldie again, while I proceeded to make an ass out of myself in other ways, with the meth machismo and more booze screwing up my cosmic cid perspective.

At around five a.m. the party was winding down and I bid my hosts good night. But before I make it out the door, the hostess appears with Miss Golden Goddess, and introduces me.

I took her back to my place and we began a pretty nice affair. Ironically (or maybe not) she was a half-Indian, half-Swedish actress. The Indian half was from a Brahman caste family--the caste considered holiest, named for Brahma aka God.

Our affair lasted exactly one week. It ended at a party where one of the sleazy producers who started me on coke (and subsequently became my dealer) gave me a gift of a gram, because he knew I had stopped (and obviously wanted me back as a customer.) I accepted it. That night, with no explanation, my Golden Goddess opted not to go home with me, and a few days later it was officially over. I had broken my covenant.

When the gifted gram ran out, I kicked coke for good (after a six month addiction). Since then, you could put a quart-sized bowl of Peruvian flake under my nose and I wouldn't inhale a single flake.

Psychs are a different story. I've found them to be very therapeutic and rejuvenating, when used wisely.

I've had one scarier, even more bizarre trip than that, but this one was a doozie.

My worst and also one of my best trips was my second time ever taking LSD. The first time I had taken 3 hits over the course of a few hours and had the most intense trip of my life. This time the set and setting was similar. It was a Sunday night in a small town, when the rare occurance that was LSD made the rounds. My best friend and I decided to take some. Being very inexperienced with LSD we thought, we'll we took three last time, we should take three this time %)

So it turned out this LSD was MUCH stronger than the first stuff we had. Within 15 minutes of taking it we were both higher than our previous peak on LSD and were started to really worry. 8(
So here we were, 17 sitting in a park at the center of town late on a Sunday night tripping on acid and the only other people around are two trouble maker/drug dealer brothers (one is now dead) and the town schizophrenic who was rumored to be an LSD casualty (he always managed to scrape up around $3.64 and wanted to buy joints from us kids). Not really the company you want to keep when you are higher than you've ever been in your life and you are only at the 30 minute mark on a marathon LSD trip.

We decided we had to leave, while we still could. We were looking for someone as "messed up" as ourselves hoping they could relate to us. Luckily that didn't happen. We got back to my friend's dad's house (he was away) and decided to put on music. Everything we had was WAY to intense emotionally (mid-late 90's indie/post-rock) and we found ourselves searching for his dad's "New Radicals" CD, hoping to something positive that would be uplifting. :eek:

I was completely delerious, I kept opening the door expecting pizza and anything I could imagine to be delivered. My best friend ending having to subdue me on the floor forcefully to get me to stop.

Then we decided to go for a drive. Luckily in a small town, the roads are usually completely bare on a Sunday night and this was no different. Driving on psychedelics is very dangerous and should never be done, because you are endangering to lives of others and yourself. With that said there were no issues driving, my friend drove fine.

We stopped at a gas station and I went in and just started opening packages of stuff and making a gigantic mess. My friend left his watch as collateral for my actions and then we left. I don't remember how it happened, but we separated.

I ended up walking around town barefoot by myself in a completely different world. It was like I was alive for the first time in my life. I remember looking at some flowers and they were the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I decided I wanted to show them to my ex-girlfriend who I still very much loved.

So I walk to her house which wasn't far away (this must have been around 2-4am) and starting making noise rummaging around. I remember opening the door, but luckily had the sense not to go in. Anyway the dog was awake and then my ex's dad came downstairs and I proceeded to talk nonsense and hand him the morning paper from his lawn. An interesting side note, is that he was the editor of the paper!

Luckily I escaped that situation which could have been MUCH worse. Eventually after a few more hours of delirium, when the sun came up, I came slightly to my sanity and wondered about my friend. So I walked back to his house and he was there, worried I was psychotic and going to kill him or something. We then went around town to try to find everything in my walled (ID, bank cards etc) that I had thrown away.

Well, time for school, I never missed a class =D. Thats when I remembered my visit to my ex's house in the middle of the night and in my mind, everybody in the whole school knew at that point. I have never felt so ashamed in my life. I basically sat there staring at a turned off computer screen for the morning and kept saying to one of best friends from elementary school (a non drug user), "You have no f*cking clue what I just experienced"

My friend and I had both realized that we were "perma-fried" and would be stuck in this semi-tripping state forever. What a stupid mistake! One interesting thing was I (felt I) had the ability to read people's minds. Anytime people would say something I could see why they were saying it and understand both the unconscious and conscious motives behind every word they would say. It was creepy. My tripping friend and I didn't even need to speak, we totally understood what each other was thinking.

I ended up staying awake for over 40 hours with racing thoughts I couldn't stop. I just wanted it to end. The only stimulus my brain could handle was the song "Second Self-Portrait" by the neo-classical chamber group "Rachel's", which I listened to over and over until I finally fell asleep. :|

Looking back, even though it was probably my "worst" trip it was one of the most rewarding experiences of my entire life and certainly a turning point (for the better I think). Sometimes with psychedelics the worst experiences can also be the best ones.
;)

Last edited:
I've never had a bad trip because I always keep telling myself that its all fake and will go away when I start to freak out and it starts
i've never had a bad trip either, but be assured that it happened one day, whatever we would tell ourselves wouldn't change much

psychedelics do have the power to make you scared/uncomfortable/etc. to death, even though you're totally aware that you're on drugs

The one time I tripped solo on LSD, I took 4 hits.... this was from a new dealer so I was not sure of the potency and I usually took 4 hits and tripped hard, but not this hard. This shit was the strongest LSD I have ever had in my life. My trip was going fine at a nature reserve and walking through and looking at all of the wilderness, and then all of the sudden I saw a group of younger people ~15 y/o that looked kinda thuggish and I started wondering why they were here.... and then all of the sudden I had convinced myself that I had gone crazy and there was no way of ever going back and that I took too much LSD. MY visuals did not help because the objects around me were morphing in to other things, (leaves in to mushrooms, clouds in to people) and I was just tripping out of my gourd on LSD in a very bad way. I then called a bunch of people trying to get someone to pick me up, someone to convince that I was fine, I almost even called my mom. One of my buddies eventually came to get me and after that I was fine. It seemed to last forever but was only about an hour and a half ordeal. It really made me value my friendships as my buddy could have been doing other things, but instead he did what a friend should and helped someone out who was in need.... after that the trip went good but wow was that an experience

I was once robbed at knifepoint after eating a tenstrip of acid. I have never felt more alone, nor has there ever been a longer, stiller, and darkly calm moment in my life than when that blade was at my throat. The fucker got away with a good amount of money, too.

^
If that would happen to me on that much cid I dunno what would happen... I think I would go nuts and attempt to defend myself...probably ending up dead

Holy shit. After reading some of these descriptions (and especially nbsp), I don't think I can ever complain about the heavy anxiety and paranoia I get from drugs.

^thats intense.

Mine would be seeing my friend have a seizure while im having one of the best acid trips of my life.
I was so shocked i didnt know what to do. I wasnt even able to stand up and help him out. I just stood there and stared, thinking that was the last memory id have of my friend.
He ended up being ok other than chewing his tongue up a bit.

oh, and about 20 minutes after my frind was taken to the hospital by event staff another person from my group fainted (his was from dehydration though).

Oh I forgot the one where I got arrested at gunpoint on 5 grams of shrooms. Me and my buddy were trippin in this park, and apparently it was after hours. These cops roll up so my buddy digs in his pocket and ditches the weed, well the cops not knowing what he could be doing pull out their guns and point them right at us all we could say "It's just weed, it's just weed" Then they searched my car which was in the lot and found about 12 grams of mushrooms and arrested me during my peak, in which they played country music in their cars.... it was pure fucking evil.... and the worst experience ever calling my mom from the police station.... on a lighter note I kept fucking with the people trying to take my picture and fingerprints, I kept moving my hands and head when taking the pictures.... I told them simply "I am tripping balls this is really hard to do"... Also one of the cops who tried to question me kept being a dick and yelling at me (the guy who pulled his gun) and I told him to fuck off and that I wouldn't talk unless I had a lawyer.... so yeah that's my other terrible experience. I currently have 8 days left on my probation and due to my skillful lawyer's lawyering (is that a word) I got charged as a minor since this happened about 3 or 4 months before my 18th bday a year or so ago. I am lucky, I would like to add never carry anymore drugs than you need.

368mg DXM, having already taken bupropion which inhibits that enzyme. I believe I have that enzyme deficiency as well.

not a train wreck, just a bit of a bummer.... a few years ago I thought a combination of 20 HBWR seeds/150mg Maclobemide (Aurorix)/~50 mg DMT would be a good trip.
Seemed like that combination accentuated the nausea of the seeds, with stomach cramps, sweating and feelings of dread. in the end I decided to take a bath and head for bed to ride it out.
Never taken LSA seeeds with MAOI since

taking mushrooms in holland fresh and then getting lost in the centre all on my own. definately left a lil scar on me, but it also helped me respect mushrooms and the power of set and setting :)

my last LSD trip 15 years ago which after an enjoyable 8 or so hours, for some unknown reason, descended in the space of 10 minutes, into a full on pyschotic episode that lasted 3 weeks. had flashbacks for years afterwards. had to see a shrink.

it was cool man...not. yeh lets all expand our headspace, after all lsd isnt dangerous 8)

cue the retards who are going to post "you should learn from the experience man" or "you have issues", obviously i had issues. But there was NO FUCKING WAY you could ever learn from that, only possibly die? You have obviously never experienced a real bad trip....."man".

Also, Death trip dxm.

Amazing and horrible at the same time. I was contemplating suicide, crying, wanting to be held and sorry.

Its beautiful looking back on it

a wild salvia experiance i felt like i was on the cosmic ferris-wheel with out a ticket....... but i don't think i broke thru

redgreenvnes said:
not my worst but surely embarassing
lucky nobody was looking
one recent morning
I had some salvia in a hotel room
after the effects seemed faded, I made a coffee
then went for a shower and drank my coffee in there
that worked out ok but I did choke on the coffee somewhat
but my coordination and creativity seemed high
who ever had coffee and a shower at the same time
so
on a roll I dried off and began the things that must be done.
one of those is to shave
so I lathered up my face with some soap
all very normal
and then began shaving but nothing happenned to the stubbles.
I kept rinsing the soap off the shaver blade
and resuming, but no scrape, and no hair removal.

this was really making me nuts, so I pressed harder and thought I was getting somewhere
then
while rinsing and moving the blade I bumped it into t he porcelain, and it went pop
the green plastic protector came off
so
I had been shaving with a razor with the safety shield on
no wonder it took none of the beard off.
I was sure it had faded, but clearly the ability to do utterly stupid things was still strongly in my blood.

this as your worst experience. im sorry but this is honestly very funny