• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

COLD WATER EXTRACTION made simple(r)

PARooolller said:
It's not necessarily safe in the terms of harm deduction but I practice heavy moderation, eat a small healthy meal before, and drink a gallon of water a day..

This simple method with the 2 glasses and a coffee filter just doesn't seem that efficient, I'm aware the processes get more complex but I WANT TO GET HIGH NOW!!! Not crush up my hydro and throw it in ice cold water.

What you've just stated makes no sense, there is no moderation in "I WANT TO GET HIGH NOW." Also, eating a healthy meal and a gallon of water has no effect whatsoever on acetaminophen hepatoxicity. Your laziness can cost you your liver.

I HAVE to protect my liver, at this stage in my drug-taking life, 'cause I've been off and on various strong painkillers for several different pain problems my whole adult life, and I seriously worry about allowing my liver to have to absorb any more damage at ALL. Anyway, I've grown so sensitive to Tylenol/APAP that it actually makes me nauseus, but right now I only have these 7.5/750 generic Vicodin for my back-pain, so... I've finally started practising the CWE method, after much reading of threads here and how-to sites elsewhere on the 'net.

It is so fucking tedious!After like two hours of patient crushing up 11 tablets with my little mortar/pestle, waiting for the mixture to cool in the freezer and checking on it/mixing it every 5 minutes or so, straining it through not one but two different types of tight-woven white cloth as well as letting the stuff drip through a coffee filter, then prepping my system with a cimetidine tablet.

Then, I set to putting the fat glop of white paste through a second extraction to get out whatever more hydrocodone might have remained in it, then FINally drinking half of my finished bitter elixir and chasing it with a big glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice - yes, it worked, it pretty much killed the pain, and made me feel "warm and fuzzy," however I didn't get any itchies (I like those itchies,) but - but - christ, the whole process took half the damn day! And I'll need to do it all over again tonight when I get my new script.

Just thought I'd come 'round and bitch & moan about the CWE process. I DID have something significant to say or ask here, but I've forgotten what it was I wanted to say/ask. I'll come back here when I remember...

Snowblood said:
I HAVE to protect my liver, at this stage in my drug-taking life, 'cause I've been off and on various strong painkillers for several different pain problems my whole adult life, and I seriously worry about allowing my liver to have to absorb any more damage at ALL. Anyway, I've grown so sensitive to Tylenol/APAP that it actually makes me nauseus, but right now I only have these 7.5/750 generic Vicodin for my back-pain, so... I've finally started practising the CWE method, after much reading of threads here and how-to sites elsewhere on the 'net.

It is so fucking tedious!After like two hours of patient crushing up 11 tablets with my little mortar/pestle, waiting for the mixture to cool in the freezer and checking on it/mixing it every 5 minutes or so, straining it through not one but two different types of tight-woven white cloth as well as letting the stuff drip through a coffee filter, then prepping my system with a cimetidine tablet.

Then, I set to putting the fat glop of white paste through a second extraction to get out whatever more hydrocodone might have remained in it, then FINally drinking half of my finished bitter elixir and chasing it with a big glass of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice - yes, it worked, it pretty much killed the pain, and made me feel "warm and fuzzy," however I didn't get any itchies (I like those itchies,) but - but - christ, the whole process took half the damn day! And I'll need to do it all over again tonight when I get my new script.

Just thought I'd come 'round and bitch & moan about the CWE process. I DID have something significant to say or ask here, but I've forgotten what it was I wanted to say/ask. I'll come back here when I remember...

It can be ( and probably should be, when done correctly) a tedious/long process, but it is well worth it. You can do a large batch of a bunch of them at once too, just measure the amount of water you are using to figure out how much hydrocodone there is per volume in the final product.

I've only done a CWE a few times, I was in England and bought a lot of codeine to compensate for my withdrawals. In my experience, it only took a few minutes of actual work, and then a few more minutes waiting for it to cool. Why does it take you hours, snowblood?

I never do the whole heat up and freeze to crash the APAP out thing. I just throw the tablets in cold water and let them dissolve (unless they are those crappy N+ that take forever), then filter. That was my method during six months of high codeine use and no liver problems to date.

Well - I don't know why, Johanneschimp! Possibly it has something to do with my perfectionist tendencies and my cost-conscious paranoia about losing even a nano-litre of precious hydrocodone through this whole process. Plus, all the how-to sites and threads I've found vary either slightly or profoundly in their particular sets of instructions, and, finally, chemistry and numbers are not, and never have been, my forte. This is a big reason why I never went into the lucrative side-venture of drug-dealing, back in the day when I had ample, ample opportunity to do so and make fists of cash. Because I suck at weights and measurements, and math, and chemistry.

What's this about heating it up first? Another step to worry about? Can someone please link me to the best, most professional- yet layman-friendly CWE site out there? NOT "Harry's," and yeah I've googled and been to erowid and used-the-fucking-search-engine like mad already, for weeks, I just wanted to see if anyone here happens to know of any better CWE instructional sites/pages out there.

What's this about heating it up first? Another step to worry about?

In my opinion it's a useless step; I don't understand the reasoning behind allowing more APAP to dissolve then crashing it out. I just always go with the simple CWE I mentioned above your post.

NOW I remember what I was gonna ask here in this thread!! I only just remembered, it was this: So, the little ball of white caulking-looking goop that remains in the muslin after squeezing, if it has no taste at all, does that mean all the hydrocodone is out? Or enough of the hydro is out where it's pointless to try and run another extraction?

I'm running under the assumption that the bitter elixir left behind is bitter due to the hydro, is that correct? So, if bitter=hydrocodone, I can sort of gauge how well my extractions are doing by using my tastebuds. Right?

Snowblood said:
NOW I remember what I was gonna ask here in this thread!! I only just remembered, it was this: So, the little ball of white caulking-looking goop that remains in the muslin after squeezing, if it has no taste at all, does that mean all the hydrocodone is out? Or enough of the hydro is out where it's pointless to try and run another extraction?

I'm running under the assumption that the bitter elixir left behind is bitter due to the hydro, is that correct? So, if bitter=hydrocodone, I can sort of gauge how well my extractions are doing by using my tastebuds. Right?

Well, the opioid part of it is quite bitter, so you may be able to detect the absence of that same bitterness. Its quite subjective though, all you really need to do is filter once, take what was left in the cloth after that and repeat the process with it. In my opinion, two filtrations is the sweet spot for getting out the maximum amount of opiate while minimizing the amount of APAP in the final solution. (Keep in mind, even in the CWE, acetaminophen will dissolve at 8mg/ml of water that you use, so too much water is a bad thing.)

can CWE exaction work on all pills or dose it vary ?/?
and can i use for bupropion extraction from wellbutrine

^ It only works on pills where the other ingredients are insoluble in water and the one you want is soluble in water/ or vice versa I imagine.

Why would you want to extract bupropion from wellbutrin? There are no other active ingredients...

Does he mean extracting Bupropion from Bupropion SR? i.e. Like when Immediate Release Bupropion were snorted? BTW I've never snorted Bupropion so have no experience. Does it have any recreational value?

Cheers

^ Not really. It's pretty shit actually.

That might be what he means, in which case crushing it would be easier.

DJ25 said:
Does he mean extracting Bupropion from Bupropion SR? i.e. Like when Immediate Release Bupropion were snorted? BTW I've never snorted Bupropion so have no experience. Does it have any recreational value?

Cheers

It causes great recreational seizures.

(No, it has no recreational value unless you're in prison)

Mr Blonde said:
In my opinion it's a useless step; I don't understand the reasoning behind allowing more APAP to dissolve then crashing it out. I just always go with the simple CWE I mentioned above your post.

yeah i actually realized this recently, and from what i can tell i get about the same amount of acetominophen removed in the coffee filter.

whenever caffeine is in the mix now i also pass it once through activated charcoal. probably removes some codeine, but definitely removes a large chunk of caffeine. if some codeine is lost, i still feel it more strongly cause of the lack of caffeine on the same dose

The technique of using warmer water and cooling it down causing the APAP to crash out is only worthwhile if you're using a very small amount of water (expertly calculated to be just enough for the codeine). Otherwise, starting with cold water does just about the same thing.

i thought it was to minimize losses when doing it scientifically, but translates into nothing that makes a difference (like only a few % points). but yeah what you're saying makes sense

I've been frustrated with my recent CWE's but today I used less water and it was 100% better. Just gotta play around until u find a formula that works IMO.

-_-

TL;DR responses.

ill say what i ALWAYS say though.

200ml water is adequate (unless youre doing 5 lots a day).
more, increases APAP.
less, increases % losses, extraction time and decreases overall efficiency.
cold (no, freezing it is unnecessary, unless youre doing 5 lots a day)
coffee filters, fine woven shirts, two (dbl layer) panels of kitchel roll to filter. adequate (unless youre doing 5 lots a day)
crushing pills is faster than dissolving in cold water (IME, UK)

The entire process takes between 1 and 2 minutes.
MINUTES.