• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

COLD WATER EXTRACTION made simple(r)

Is this worth doing for someone taking 8,000mg APAP within a 24-hour period? Don't say "sure, just do a lot at once" because filtering large quantities at a time is out of the question due to an acute ability to **** something up beyond belief. Don't want to waste them.

Also, is the recommended 4,000mg a day a relaxed safe zone, or the absolute maximum? I've read somewhere that 10,000mg within 24 hours can kill you.

Throwing five Vicodin ES' into a glass, dissolving them and filtering them for consumption sounds way too easy and good to be true. I'm sure there are a million things that can go wrong and from what I've read one of the most common problems is that you sacrifice some of the good stuff in the process.

4000mg is maximum to stay safe and ya 10000mg can kill you. and the only thing you can really do to fuck it up is spill the water. if you fuck something up filtering then just re-filter it. yes it is that easy. just wet the coffee filter before so you won't soak it with a bunch of vicodin water. i don't know if it makes any difference but you got nothing to lose

dino haze said:
Is this worth doing for someone taking 8,000mg APAP within a 24-hour period?

I personally do it with every single pill containing APAP, no matter how many mg it is. Why? Because I want the hydrocodone, not the APAP. I don't care what the "safe" level is. I don't like ingesting any form of poison unless it's going to get me high.

Don't say "sure, just do a lot at once"

I do it with as little as (3) 5/500 pills at a time.

Throwing five Vicodin ES' into a glass, dissolving them and filtering them for consumption sounds way too easy and good to be true.

That's it. I do this all the time.

1. Throw pills in a shot glass
2. Fill shot glass with water (distilled water is best - water impurities can keep the APAP in solution).
3. Let pills sit for a minute or two and they'll fully dissolve
4. Stir
5. Pour through two pre-wetted coffee filters (doubled-up for extra strength and filtering)
6. Carefully squeeze filters to get the precious hydro solution out. Don't squeeze too hard while there is still liquid in the filters or the side will burst and spray your precious yield everywhere. Once all the liquid is squeezed out, twist the filters on top to make them look like a tootsie pop wrapper. Then squeeze the filters/APAP solids with the force of God to get every last drop out. I'm a big strong guy, so I can usually press out almost every drop, which leaves a partially dry, almost powdered form of APAP behind in the filters.

I'm sure there are a million things that can go wrong

No. There is only one thing that can go wrong: you spill.

and from what I've read one of the most common problems is that you sacrifice some of the good stuff in the process.

To avoid losses:

1. Don't spill.
2. Pre-wet the coffee filters, or use actual lab-grade hydrophobic filters.
3. Don't skimp on the amount of water you use. I always use WAY more than I need, like 50ml for (3) 5/500 pills. That will ensure maximum hydro dissolution.
5. Use distilled water. Impurities in tap water can severely affect this type of separation.
6. Don't cool the mixture in the fridge/freezer. You'll filter out slightly less APAP this way, but you'll also retain slightly more hydro.

Or, forget all this crap and buy a centrifuge. Mix the pills with water and pour it into the centrifuge tubes. Spin and the APAP will compact to the bottom of the tubes. Then you can just drink the hydro solution out of the tube like it's a shot.

Fail Fighter said:
I personally do it with every single pill containing APAP, no matter how many mg it is. Why? Because I want the hydrocodone, not the APAP. I don't care what the "safe" level is. I don't like ingesting any form of poison unless it's going to get me high.

I do it with as little as (3) 5/500 pills at a time.

That's it. I do this all the time.

1. Throw pills in a shot glass
2. Fill shot glass with water (distilled water is best - water impurities can keep the APAP in solution).
3. Let pills sit for a minute or two and they'll fully dissolve
4. Stir
5. Pour through two pre-wetted coffee filters (doubled-up for extra strength and filtering)
6. Carefully squeeze filters to get the precious hydro solution out. Don't squeeze too hard while there is still liquid in the filters or the side will burst and spray your precious yield everywhere. Once all the liquid is squeezed out, twist the filters on top to make them look like a tootsie pop wrapper. Then squeeze the filters/APAP solids with the force of God to get every last drop out. I'm a big strong guy, so I can usually press out almost every drop, which leaves a partially dry, almost powdered form of APAP behind in the filters.

No. There is only one thing that can go wrong: you spill.

To avoid losses:

1. Don't spill.
2. Pre-wet the coffee filters, or use actual lab-grade hydrophobic filters.
3. Don't skimp on the amount of water you use. I always use WAY more than I need, like 50ml for (3) 5/500 pills. That will ensure maximum hydro dissolution.
5. Use distilled water. Impurities in tap water can severely affect this type of separation.
6. Don't cool the mixture in the fridge/freezer. You'll filter out slightly less APAP this way, but you'll also retain slightly more hydro.

Or, forget all this crap and buy a centrifuge. Mix the pills with water and pour it into the centrifuge tubes. Spin and the APAP will compact to the bottom of the tubes. Then you can just drink the hydro solution out of the tube like it's a shot.

I like several things about your method, however what you said about cooling the solution is incorrect for the purposes here. Hydrocodone has a solubility of 60mg/ml so there would be no measurable loss in cold water. Not cooling before filtering only results in more APAP in the final product. (your extraction above would have around 400mg of APAP left in it.) Always cool.

Here's my old way of doing a more or less immediate CWE.

Crush up Vicodin (or whatever) tablets, and roll them up in a coffee filter. Sort of like a Skoal "Bandit", if you know what that is.

Then, just carry around a bottle of cold water. Take a gulp, swish around, then swallow.

Repeat until f#$ked.

dokomo said:
I like several things about your method, however what you said about cooling the solution is incorrect for the purposes here. Hydrocodone has a solubility of 60mg/ml so there would be no measurable loss in cold water.

The problem is that a lot of people go by "book" information. I used to be big on experimenting with synthesis, A/B extractions, etc., so I can tell you firsthand that empirical testing rarely agrees with published data.

Personally, I'd say the most important thing you can do is go overboard with the amount of water. Like I said, I usually fill a shot glass (~35ml) to dissolve 15mg hydro.

Not cooling before filtering only results in more APAP in the final product. (your extraction above would have around 400mg of APAP left in it.) Always cool.

Maybe in theory, not in practice. Vacuum filtering the solution through a 2.5 um filter at room temp gets most of the APAP. I can put the solution in the freezer and wait until it cools to just above freezing, and not much more APAP will precip out.

Fail Fighter said:
Personally, I'd say the most important thing you can do is go overboard with the amount of water. Like I said, I usually fill a shot glass (~35ml) to dissolve 15mg hydro.

Back in the day when I was "picky" about CWE's (thankfully, I'm back at the point where three 10/365 pills gets me RIPPED), I was always cautious about extra water. Doesn't that increase the amount of APAP that gets dissolved?

Binge Artist said:
Back in the day when I was "picky" about CWE's (thankfully, I'm back at the point where three 10/365 pills gets me RIPPED), I was always cautious about extra water. Doesn't that increase the amount of APAP that gets dissolved?

It does, for ever mL of water in your extraction you can count on 8mg of APAP. It isn't insoluble, just not very soluble. So less water is better, but you have to have a certain amount for the extraction to be effective (for practical purposes, not for hydrocodone solubility purposes)

Fail Fighter said:
The problem is that a lot of people go by "book" information. I used to be big on experimenting with synthesis, A/B extractions, etc., so I can tell you firsthand that empirical testing rarely agrees with published data.

Maybe in theory, not in practice. Vacuum filtering the solution through a 2.5 um filter at room temp gets most of the APAP. I can put the solution in the freezer and wait until it cools to just above freezing, and not much more APAP will precip out.

I definitely understand (and agree) about theory vs. practice in many situations. All I am saying is that unless you have perfected an extraction method and had your final product professionally analyzed for precise contents, you really can't claim that practice is different than theory for CWEs.

It is well known that lower temperatures decrease APAP solubility. Even if it does the same for hydrocodone, lets just go all out and say that using 36 degree water cuts its solubility in half, it would still have a solubility of 30mg/mL.

And yes, the higher quality the filtration, the better because it will catch more APAP that is SUSPENDED in the solution. However, your filter will not catch APAP that has been dissolved in the water. I know that filtration catches MOST of the APAP in this whole process, I'm just trying to say that there is nothing wrong with cooling the water and that it definitely gets less APAP in your final solution (even if the difference is somewhat small, its still a difference.)

Why not filter it twice? Once at room temp. Then once after ithe temp has been dropped to near freezing. Wouldn't you get the benefits of both that way?

If I did only 3 10/500mg lortabs what could I expect as far a yeild of hydocodone?

jivepepper said:
Why not filter it twice? Once at room temp. Then once after ithe temp has been dropped to near freezing. Wouldn't you get the benefits of both that way?

If I did only 3 10/500mg lortabs what could I expect as far a yeild of hydocodone?

If you make sure not to lose/spill water or solution at any step and filter properly you should have a fairly high yield. I'm not sure what to tell you mg wise, but close to your original amount. Remember, water=hydrocodone! All the excess water in your dress shirt and coffee filters need to be sqeezed out in the end to get every last bit of it.

Check the CWE mega-thread for specific instructions on the method that I like. It has been very efficient in my experience.

Last edited:
Thanks for the recipe i tried it today with a coffee filter, i dampened it first so it wouldnt absorb the opiate solution and i broke 2 5/500 vicadon in half and put them in warm water until dissolved and then poured it into the filter. then i mixed the solution with gatorade and it worked.
thanks for the help

Oh yea and i just extracted 3 vics and parachuted 4 and took 2 xanax ,4 benadryl and an aleve liguid gel i heard they give you warmer high, dont know but im feeling pretty good and im about to snort 2 5mg oxycodone capsules i had left over from my motorcycle accident they were for breakthrough pain and they are great to snort...they extracting does work but its a pain in the ass sometimes...my buddy tried it and then but the filtered liqiud in a bowl and put it over a pot of boiling water and dryed it to powder, so i guess ill try it sometime, its just fucking hassle ...i want that damn 3mg of dilauded every 4 hours they had me on in te hospital!!!

I had never even heard of CWE until becoming a member of this sight just months ago, and I have been into pills for many years. I mentioned it to a couple of my drug buddys and they have never heard of it either.

I sometimes swallow 5x 500/30 co codamols, so 2500mgs of paracetamol in there. I do this maybe 3 times a week to chill out and it really settles me down. Am I taking a risk with that amount of paracetamol all at once, it's just over half the daily maximum but is doing it all at once gonna fuck my liver up or something?

^ Over the long term its certainly not doing you any favors. It might not do a thing, or it might result in a fucked up liver 5, 10, 20 years from now. You only take 5 of the 30/500 pills now, but that could easily change to you taking much more than that if your tolerance rises (and trust me, opiate tolerance does rise, its just a matter of how fast and how much). At that point, the damage would increase.

If you're concerned, I recommend you do a mass CWE. It wouldn't be worth it to do it with just 5 pills (for the time is takes and the fact that you lose a small percent), but if you did it with a larger amount of pills, say 25 or 50, measured the liquid so you knew the potency (how many milligrams codeine per milliliter of water), and saved it for when you wanted to dose, not only would it be convenient, but it would help protect your liver from all the APAP in the pills.

Well how about this, since I am only using 5 of the pills, couldnt I just do one of those quick cwe's with the piece of cloth or paper or whatever? Even if it only caught half of the paracetamol, with just 5 pills that would be making it a safe level wouldnt it? Provided of course I never went over that number?