• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Combinations

Maybe. Some people can't sleep for hours after a DXM trip. It will all depend on your reaction. The best thing to do would be to give yourself as much time to rest as possible, so that you know for next time.

I think Flickering has it right. The hangover (I wrote about it before) is what will limit you.

Alright, thanks for the advice : ]
I might choose another day or simply a weekend, so I can sleep away and recover.

I broke through today with DXM. I also made it to the third plateau. Still probably feeling a lot of the hash oil. Wow.

Now what?

Hope the experience went well : P

By the way, bluedom, did you try and send me private messages?

Sorry I got some notification that I couldn't recieve anything due to a full inbox.

Here's my first trip report. I wonder if this should go the top of the thread.

Day 1 (Fri): 225mg + 2.5cc hash oil @ 0:00; repeated after 2:00
Day 2 (Sat): 375mg + 5cc hash oil @ 0.00; repeated after 3:00

The trip was fantastic (now to summarise the insights). I felt a bit concerned I had pushed myself too far, but it was just right. In retrospect, I might've delayed my second dose by about 30 minutes and I should've prepared for the second dosing ahead of time. Trying to figure out how much to take while on DXM isn't a good idea. The hash oil idea was great one IMO, and it resulted in one of the best euphorias I've had, comparable or even better than MDMA (which I also like to combine with stronger hallucinogens to avoid bad trips). I had a mild hangover before I went to sleep last night and took a while to sleep but I did rest and I'm better now though still slightly dysphoric. Took my last cc of the hash oil and some gabapentin to quiet the jitteriness that seems to be present in my head (a memory of the flanging?). It has been going down steadily. Writing this message out and thinking about the experience seems to really help.

When I hit the third plateau, I felt not only a clear distinction between losing all my body's senses and my brain, but I also I felt I had transformed into a entity consisting of pure information. In other words I was trying to wrap myself around the recursive nature of pattern formation a priori. This leads into the notion of matter/atoms being physical but completely abstracted away so as to be representable as bits of information (bit as in binary digit). I've always tried to connect information, QM, and relativity especially on psychedelics since I feel it's more easily possible under that state to appreciate an infinite recursion and I felt I was this biological being in 3D who had become very planar (like a sheet of paper) and then I became a single point (bit) of nothingness that then expanded back into the universe. I'm an atheist and I think when we die the information that makes "us" is dissipated but I felt for a while that "we" weren't really complex information architectures but rather just a single bit of information. During the most intense part of my trip I really was trying to connect matter and information (there was a post I read on this forum about there is no space but it's all energy which is how I felt) and go from something to nothing to back. I felt it was very close and within my grasp but I think I was just tripping. :) What was weird about this trip was the intense focus I had on the trip itself, it's like I was the snake eating its own tail, I was tripping about tripping... this probably had to do with my mindset from the last few weeks in our science which has involved a lot of discussions about recursion and recursive thinking. It seems so universal so as to be fundamental.

Visuals did start once I reached the third plateau, but it wasn't the hallucinating kind. My perspective of the universe was very warped. It's like written in the FAQ: my body finally started giving up on processing my senses entirely! When the dissociation my brain seemed like to give up processing visual input and this was when it was the scariest and awe inspiring. There were people around me then and they asked if I was okay but I managed to say "I wasn't feeling too great" (I always do this if people don't know I'm tripping) and it went past. Man, I felt I was clearly giving it away but I guess others can't tell really (it was dark also). I definitely didn't try to engage in too much conversation with people who didn't know I was tripping though.

I felt extremely compassionate, kind, never irritable (the THC I think). Unlike MDMA redosing didn't diminish the experience I found and the second experience matched and exceeded that of the first on both days.
Appetite went away the last two days and as my senses started to return, smell was the hardest to cope with. I've still not eaten in largely 48 hours. I just had a glass of milk.

I thought about how this is the place I needed to be after taking a fork five years ago due to alcohol. I started my psychic exploration with MDMA and LSD about 15 years ago and then I switched to alcohol for 3 years and I became addicted to it in part because I was trying to chase some kind of a high with it (stupid in retrospective). I have been sober from alcohol for 3 years but I've recently been self-medicating a bit and I was reading some threads I had started where people had written about polydrug addiction. I've always been wary of this but when the DXM was going the memories of my alcohol addiction (and the mild alcohol induced psychosis I went through) was *extremely* strong. I had never experienced that even though I remember the last few weeks before I bottom intellectually I felt that the DXM could push me to the psychotic states that the alcohol had pushed me (there is an effect similar to alcohol with DXM also). During these memories I felt concerned a lot about my current self medication and decided I should dwell on this DXM experience for a while and let it all sink in before I started using other things again (plus I have shit I need to get done, i.e., drug discovery and my discussions with my group). I learnt a bit about how I've let mood altering substances confuse with me substances that explore your psyche. I've not been able to my finger on it, but every time I trip I never get a craving, etc. but of course when I try opiates, etc. I want more. I reread some posts that I didn't get about this. I read the DXM FAQ properly again.

Interestingly, on one of the polydrug addiction threads, where I suggested swapping drugs every day to avoid physical and psychological addiction (not the best idea), someone suggested using ketamine lightly to "reset" your brain. I thought this was interesting. I seemed to find wisdom in many of the posts made by bluelighters! Even your posting that Dubstep (I've been listening to this music for decades now) was very insightful I thought.

All in all it seems like DXM works like a combination of many drugs I've tried and then some. This was definitely my full on first dissassociative trip. Also at the 225mg x 2 dose on the first I felt the slight beginnings of a trip but I was just hovering around the edges and it was really the 375mg x 2 dose that pushed me into having a trip that really lasted only an hour at its most intense but felt like forever (the THC again I believe, coupled with all sense of time being lost).

--

I did try to send a message, yes. Thanks for keeping me company man! That was interesting, I normally am not a big fan of the computer when I'm tripping like that but I enjoyed the social aspect as long as I could do it. There is a bit of MDMA/MDA feeling here.

Hope the experience went well : P

By the way, bluedom, did you try and send me private messages?

Sorry I got some notification that I couldn't recieve anything due to a full inbox.

Completely understandable : ]

Judging from what you explained about your trip, DXM seems to affect each person so personally...But I also think it all depends on how the person thinks even when sober. You seem like quite an intellectual person who likes to analyze every bit of themselves and what's around them to discover something deeper.

When I tried ketamine, i noticed instantly that it can be psychologically addicting. And I've never felt a craving or know how addiction feels. Thank the lord I'm quite sure I have that gene that enables you to control your cravings and not feel the need to do something after trying it.

I think once I try it, if the trip goes well, I might prefer it over MDMA. I'm currently really bored of that drug, despite me not even doing it too often... MDMA is too relaxing in my opinion. I'd like to dig a little deeper...

By the way, eat something : ] Replenish your strength. Easy food to eat and digest is perhaps an apple...and I adore tea, so that's always good. Yogourt maybe as well :] Get rest!

Yep, definitely my intellectual nature was trying figure it all out but it also kind of went with my worldview. I think starting on weekends (or any day you're completely free the next day) and then going up as your figure out how it works is useful. It's not unlike the classic psychedelics in my view.

I've found exploration with MDMA and shrooms (and LSD) to be useful. I've stopped doing either of those two alone for a long time. I can easily take very high doses of shrooms or LSD and for now I can't see how a bad trip could happen. (Though I can if I just took shrooms or LSD by itself, but again these are things I'd not be doing alone.)

As far as addiction, I was 33 years old when I FIRST started drinking alcohol. I doubt you'll get addicted to DXM and you can't physically but alcohol is physiologically addicting in 10% of the population. I don't think it's just genes for the record (this is also what I work on). Until I ran into alcohol I never thought I could be addicted to something. I still don't think I easily can, except for alcohol.

Thanks man. I am eating my normal feel for the first time in like 50+ hours now. I dozed off for about 3 hours after I took the THC/gabapentin combo. Blissful sleep, unlike the sleep I had before. I was affected a lot more after my second day than my first (makes sense). Spending time with my family (who've been with me the whole weekend watching movies but I've been hanging out "not well" in the bed room).

It's the disassociation that's the cause of the "hangover" for me at least. It took a long while for me to reconnect back to my senses and all of last night I couldn't walk, talk, or do anything. My vision was the last to go. I am telling you this so you can be prepared for your trip.

By the way, eat something : ] Replenish your strength. Easy food to eat and digest is perhaps an apple...and I adore tea, so that's always good. Yogourt maybe as well :] Get rest!

Did you mean your senses numb once you reach the 3rd plateau? Such as touch, smell and all? Oh my... That is quite an effect on the body...

"Numb" isn't quite right but it's close. Basically you disassociate, i.e., your entire mind/body connection goes away. Have you had experience with disassociatives? There's some theories about why this happens but yeah, you lose contact with all your senses, as I wrote in my trip report. I became a like a piece of paper (2D) and then a single point (bit) of information/pure energy that was in a universe of energies and that's what REALITY was really was (i.e., the physical reality was an illusion and all of us are bits of information in some cosmic system). It is nothing like an LSD or mushroom trip. I think if you don't overdo it you can keep quite and just lay down, you can just experience these plateaus without moving. As the DXM FAQ says, people who reach the third/fourth plateaus don't want to move and you shouldn't move (unless you really need use the toilet or something and even then you should be in a second plateau zone). Just keep it in mind somewhere that your're tripping and you're still sitting on your bed or whatever and senses will all come back. I have good senses especially my nose and it came back with a vengeance I'd say (in a cool way).

I'm so fascinated by it and I want to go back to it (the "Tussin space" --- it's a very familiar feeling and you go back to it every time). I think it was very overwhelming the first time and too much was going on. I really felt I was getting close to a grand unified theory of QM and relativity and I've been extremely comfortable with recursion and I now realised how recursion (feedback) can be used to make something out of nothing. I'm even tempted to go to the local grocery store right now but I'll suffer tomorrow I think.

I really feel my exploration of DXM over the years has been respectful and that's what led to my great experience. I started with very small doses, like 120-150mg, and used that to get a "feel" for where this could go. I had a "taste" before and I was very comfortable with the space. This week since I decided to not take anything else, and I was somewhat bored, I decided to push it further. I did it over the entire week.

My advice to you is to go the way I suggested. If you do get pure DXM as powder, etc. please measure it out carefully. I myself would recommend what I did and start during the week if you have time and peace of mind. Meaning that I'd say you should go for something like 150-200mg (under 200) for Mon/Wed/Thu and starting Fri and Sat I'd put it to third plateau levels by double dosing the way I did.

By Friday you should have good idea of the half life for YOU personally. Then on Fri I'd take the first 300mg and then based on how it affects you (you should be in the second plateau), double up as you feel you hit the half life point. So as you come down from your first dose your second dose should be coming up. For a brief period then you'll have a very high dose of DXM and DXO in your system which is when you'll hit the third/fourth plateaus. In some ways what I am doing is getting closer to the sigma plateau (which involves 3 repeated doses of 2.5mg/kg) I believe. I think I saw alien life forms but I don't know if it was just the suggestion from the DXM FAQ. (In any event you know it's all in your head.) You can then push it higher if you wish on Sat. I think my devoting a whole weekend to really push the limits and break through to the third plateau was a smart idea. Like you, I'm worried about what my family will think and this time I was doing it alone (actually I think my first time tripping alone) but I felt I really need this exploration of my psyche. Watching The Matrix and The Sitter (I realised it has a double meaning; a babysitter and a trip sitter) was so good.

Also the hash oil is an absolute must. When I do LSD or mushrooms I am very reluctant to do it without MDMA. I feel THC is to DXM as MDMA is to LSD and mushrooms. Anyone agree? It is hard to have a bad trip when you're taking 2ccs of hash oil (which lasts longer than the DXM trip BTW)... the euphoria was fantastic.

Even if you have tolerance to THC it seems to become irrelevant when you're taking DXM. Interesting, eh?

One last thing: as I told you, I took gabapentin and tramadol and my dysphoria went away. I feel fantastic right now....

Did you mean your senses numb once you reach the 3rd plateau? Such as touch, smell and all? Oh my... That is quite an effect on the body...

Merged. Also, I see you mentioned tramadol, we advise strongly against combining it with DXM due to risk of serotonin syndrome.

I definitely agree that cannabinoids are wonderful with DXM (and dissociatives in general). And I have enjoyed throwing small amounts of GABAergics in the mix in the past as well.

Last edited:
Yep, my tramadol use (once) has been separated by a full night's sleep and a "normal" feeiing. For example, I went in again last night and I don't feel "normal" yet (see below) so I won't be taking tramadol today. I think it's bad the way I take tramadol and I have epilepsy too! (But then I've never had a seizure on tramadol while on my current seizure meds for 3+ years.)

So I took a break on Sun and went in again on Mon. I didn't have any more hash oil but I did have cookies, so I ate cookies containing approximately 0.8g of "cannabutter". I started with the same dosage as Sat., 375mg (for 70kg body weight) and the cookies. This went exact as my Sat trip and I had a good time, etc. For the next (at T+3hrs), I didn't feel like eating (which I never do on DXM) and so I just took another 375mg. I should've had some cookies too. The experience was not at all like how it was like under the influence of THC. At first it was okay since the THC has a longer effective half life in my system than DXM so I was still continuing the THC buzz. But once that went away, the DXM trip became (relatively speaking) cold and brutal, whereas I would characterise the THC response as "warm and fuzzzy". With DXM+THC I felt like I've achieved what I wanted to in life (the wheels are in motion) and I could die right now and life was perfect and it was all good (this is a positive euphoric feeling, not a negative one). With DXM only I felt a bit agitated and it wasn't the most pleasant experience. This is highly problematic. Just like I don't suggest people who want to breakthrough with tripping on LSD or shrooms using a strong dose do so without MDMA (even a light dose), if people trip with me, I'm going to suggest that people use DXM with THC if possible. I can only see it being beneficial.

I pushed it further at (T+6hrs) I took the final 150mg of DXM I had (total of 900mg DXM in the night). This resulted in a very long lasting trip that went through the night and in the early morning (I think my frequent dosing has resulted in me getting to this plateau sigma state). The total duration of my trip was 12 hours! I watched the sunrise on mountains and waters (where I live). I'm typing this sitting outside right now and being outside has clarified my mind.

I reached third plateau again and again my senses were disassociated from my mind. Everything became a plane and a point. One really really fascinating thing that has been happening during my DXM trips is my deep memories of my addiction psychosis with alcohol I had 3+ years ago. Let me say that in general DXM has a tendency to bring up memories and as someone with fantastic memory, I really love it. I really love being able to recatalogue and rehash my old childhood and teen year memories (I was super sober then and I value that time immensely). So initially I was wondering whether my addiction memories coming back are something I'm learning from the DXM trip or maybe I'm becoming addicted again (or perhaps have a chance to). But being on DXM without THC has made it clear that addiction to DXM alone and THC alone is not a possibility (see for example that I have no desire . I realise one can become psychologicaly addicted to anything but I was physically addicted to alcohol (one of the 10% I guess). Even opiates that I've been prescribed I've been able to taper off several months ago with discipline (and I've been thinking on my DXM trips that I should cut the final prescription I have loose---I'm not dependent on opiates but I do use my prescription once a month). Alcohol was bad for me I figured since it clouded my judgement in a bad way (perhaps this could be said of other substances) and I needed to take more of the alcohol to regain the effects. I just don't see this happening with things like THC and DXM by themselves. It is not that I've not tried to get hooked on either of those two substances: but repeated dosing has just resulted in me getting bored and walking away every time. Fortunately I don't smoke (in the US at least; and I NEVER inhale tobacco smoke outside the US). Once I am on these trips and I'm comfortable, there's no real desire for me to redose until I come down (which I do fast due to the short half life of DXM) unlike with alcohol where I was drinking and wanted to never stop drinking (i.e., keep drinking more).

During the trip, I was thinking of the following: I'm not addicted to drugs; I'm addicted to tripping (and like I say above, I was trying to get high with alcohol if you can believe it) and i'm really addicted to happiness! (I consider the latter two a good addiction.) This really seemed like a big revelation to me and I kept coming back to it. I actually don't care how I achieve those things---drugs are one way to facilitate greater levels of happinesss/quality of life. I've done the skydiving, hang gliding, mountain climbing thing, and I feel I need to explore the mind these days more. I've always wanted to. I also thought that humans have fucked up this planet. We should be going after happiness not material wealth. We should've legalised psychedelics when we made alcohol illegal in the US. If people could've tripped during prohibition, I'd argue alcohol (which is a poison) wouldn't be ingested anymore. It is hurting humanity IMO. I bet people would prefer tripping socially over drinking. I think about all our faculties and I'm not convinced we've used them correctly. The Dalai Lama wrote about the art of happiness which I think is very interesting here. I believe the monks have figured this out! There's no need to take drugs in order to trip and there's no point in tripping repeatedly since your brain cannot do it. That's the first thing I learnt from tripping.

On pure DXM, I definitely did not want to go back and try it again and now I see why I've kept DXM at bay for a long time. It is just not as pleasant as combining it with a cc or two of hash oil. Then it's fantastic (for now). I'm likely to try the combination but very very unlikely to try the DXM alone again. It is not to say that DXM by itself is bad, since I learn from all experiences, but the two just don't compare. It's like night and day.

At this point I have no desire to go back and buy those cough gelcaps again for now (maybe this weekend). I'm still feeling effects from my trip last night. I've been pretty darn productive today and my mental clarity/logic has been good but there's still the flanging echo going on. Actually the flanging goes away when you take THC.... that's why it has never bothered me. But last night it was intense and it's still persisting (but slowly declining). I wouldn't call it a hangover in the sense of alcohol where your body feels like shit. My body and even my mind feel great today except for the flanging. If it is my brain rewiring itself, so be it, fantastic.

I'm also doing the science on this to figure out how DXM exactly works eventually at an atomic level (no, I'm not tripping :). Back to that now...

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I know combining DXM with stims is generally not recommended, but a few days ago I decided to take 120mg of pseudoephedrine together with 15ml Delsym (equivalent to 90mg DXM HCL). My goal was to see if the PSE would help combat the dysphoric effects I get from DXM nowadays, even from such small dosages. PSE always produces moderate euphoria at that dosage, and it did indeed improve the quality of the DXM high. During the experience I was able to step up the trip in sub-plateau increments by smoking some nice sativa leaf/bud trimmings. To my surprise, I experienced cognitive changes and hallucinations (3D, semitransparent CEV's, a distinct sense of time plodding methodically along, etc.) comparable to a 2-3 plateau trip, with very little dysphoria! Not too bad from only 1.5 times the recommended dose for coughs :) I weigh 200lbs BTW.

So do you think there is any danger of neurotoxicity at these dosages? Can I maybe increase the DXM dosage to say, 180mg, without damaging myself? Search results have mostly only produced threads along the lines of, "can I take (enter a ridiculously large amount here) with DXM?," because a lot of people seem to buy the wrong preparation before doing the proper research :\

Also, who here has tried combining only gabapentin and DXM? For me, gabapentin in the 900mg range produces great euphoria (better than PSE), and it seems like it would go well with DXM. There aren't a whole lot of experience reports regarding this combo, but from the few accounts I've read, they seem to go well together.

I think if you're happy with the low dosage of DXM you should stick with it until you get bored of the combo. What I've found is that DXM doesn't play well with other substances so if you do a combo you need to super careful of various problems that can arise that can land you in the ER at the very least and at the worst kill you. Let's assume you don't want to do anything that would result in others panicking. In that case, this combo is synergestic. If you're worried about the stimulation, it is hard on your body and your heart so get a BP monitor and see how bad it is. That might be what might limit you. I'd say if you combine DXM and THC you're likely to feel euphoric and that is an extremely safe combo IMO.

Yep, both pregabalin and gabapentin also combine with DXM well and it would be much safer than any stimulant. IMO they combine almost as well as THC and in fact the three together are awesome too. I always take gabapentin or pregabalin on the come down when I dose sometimes with a very low dose and can extend the trip for hours...

Yes, DXM with CM seems to be really bad (which is odd to me since CM is rather benign but it is the heavy dose you take with it without control --- I bet taking a large DXM dose with a small dose of CM won't be bad and might be synergistic and otherwise it leads to a antihistamine overdose which when combined with the deliriant effects of DXM means that you're really hurting yourself). But DXM with many SSRIs and many stimulants would be just as bad. You don't even read about most of such combos for good reasons.

Hi everyone. I know combining DXM with stims is generally not recommended, but a few days ago I decided to take 120mg of pseudoephedrine together with 15ml Delsym (equivalent to 90mg DXM HCL). My goal was to see if the PSE would help combat the dysphoric effects I get from DXM nowadays, even from such small dosages. PSE always produces moderate euphoria at that dosage, and it did indeed improve the quality of the DXM high. During the experience I was able to step up the trip in sub-plateau increments by smoking some nice sativa leaf/bud trimmings. To my surprise, I experienced cognitive changes and hallucinations (3D, semitransparent CEV's, a distinct sense of time plodding methodically along, etc.) comparable to a 2-3 plateau trip, with very little dysphoria! Not too bad from only 1.5 times the recommended dose for coughs :) I weigh 200lbs BTW.

So do you think there is any danger of neurotoxicity at these dosages? Can I maybe increase the DXM dosage to say, 180mg, without damaging myself? Search results have mostly only produced threads along the lines of, "can I take (enter a ridiculously large amount here) with DXM?," because a lot of people seem to buy the wrong preparation before doing the proper research :\

Also, who here has tried combining only gabapentin and DXM? For me, gabapentin in the 900mg range produces great euphoria (better than PSE), and it seems like it would go well with DXM. There aren't a whole lot of experience reports regarding this combo, but from the few accounts I've read, they seem to go well together.

If you're worried about the stimulation, it is hard on your body and your heart so get a BP monitor and see how bad it is. That might be what might limit you.

My BP is always healthily low every time I see my doc, although I have no idea how high it spikes after drinking coffee and smoking a cig on top of my occasional 120mg PSE dose. I should probably invest in a BP monitor, but money's kinda tight. Maybe I'll take all three stims before going to my doctor's office next time, to see what their BP test shows.

I'd say if you combine DXM and THC you're likely to feel euphoric and that is an extremely safe combo IMO.

Cannabis all by itself can be a rough ride for me; euphoria is not guaranteed. I'm skeptical about it being much better when taken alone with DXM. Is it? I've noticed that PSE and gabapentin help negate the anxiety I get from pot, hence the reason for my experiment.

Yep, both pregabalin and gabapentin also combine with DXM well and it would be much safer than any stimulant. IMO they combine almost as well as THC and in fact the three together are awesome too. I always take gabapentin or pregabalin on the come down when I dose sometimes with a very low dose and can extend the trip for hours...

I'm really looking forward to the gabapentin/DXM combo. I'll probably be getting a scrip for gabapentin soon, since I've got bipolar disorder (not the worst kind) and it helps my mood if I take 900mg every three days or so. Pregabalin isn't covered by Medicare, so it's not really an option. I tend to be more depressed than manic, but I'm very careful not to take any stimulant stronger than coffee or cigarettes more than two days in a row, or at all if I judge my mental state to be too turbulent. DXM seems to have a calming effect and puts me into a constructive frame of mind more than any other substance, though of course the conditions must be right.

This last experiment was very encouraging. It helped dispel my mental fog and I gained a clearer view of what's been going on in my mind. Even though I'm aware of my problems, having everything illuminated in a different way (and at a lower level) was extremely helpful. I see it as a tool I can use to better myself, though I'll definitely not be taking it too often.

Yes, DXM with CM seems to be really bad (which is odd to me since CM is rather benign but it is the heavy dose you take with it without control --- I bet taking a large DXM dose with a small dose of CM won't be bad and might be synergistic and otherwise it leads to a antihistamine overdose which when combined with the deliriant effects of DXM means that you're really hurting yourself).

You're talking about chlorpheniramine maleate, right? I believe a Coricidin trip permanently messed up my eyes. I posted a topic about this and it's still up as a subthread. I may have some CYP2D6 issues. Since DXM and CPM are metabolized by the same enzyme, I'm guessing that that was the reason why I really didn't have a chance :| It could have been much worse (an unnecessary death always is), though I still feel that the trip was worth it in the long run.

But DXM with many SSRIs and many stimulants would be just as bad. You don't even read about most of such combos for good reasons.

I steer clear from SSRIs. I was mistakenly diagnosed w/ chronic depression once, given an SSRI, and eventually had a psychotic episode thus getting into a lot of trouble. Since then I have been very careful to assess my mental state before taking drugs, and to avoid certain things altogether. SSRIs usually take a month before they start working, and for somebody with bipolar disorder such long term effects can spell disaster.

I took 300mg in capsule form over an hour ago at around 10:30. It is currently almost 12. I'm about to take my first bowl of some good kush. I'll repost after to say if anything kicked in yet...as of now I feel nothing, except at one point I was freezing and shaking, but that tends to happen whenever I take something. I think it's just because my body fears it , yet my mind doesn't : P
as silly as that may sound.

Also, I weight about 117lbs and tend to have a high tolerance to drugs.

Hopefully it kicks in...been a while now

Adderall (sub-recreational dose) + 1st plateau DXM.

How bad would this combo be? I know it's known that amps and DXM are bad news together, but all of the bad trip reports I see are people mixing 500+mg of DXM with 50-100mg of adderall. How do you think a much smaller 150-200mg dose of DXM would feel mixed with a stimulant? (I'm not saying an amount because tolerance varies so much, but significantly less than you'd use recreationally alone)

My theory is that the little bit of extra dopamine being released would add to the euphoria.

^DXM has not been shown to directly affect dopamine release(I mean, not counting downstream effects). It is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor though. Well practically speaking, yeah it's gonna effect your amp experience, possibly in a subjectively desirable manner.

However, given reasons of heart-rate/blood-pressure issues, and hyperthermia, I would advise against combining DXM with a stimulant (having one or two caffeinated beverages would be acceptable). Very low daily doses have been used to try to combat tolerance though.

Check out the following: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/371846-adderall-and-dextromethorphan
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/97021-Speed-Meth-tolerance-prevention-reduction-long

Last edited: