A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

remembering quicksilver

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDMA desciple

Ex-Bluelighter
as some of you know, i make a habit of IMing bluelighters -- and many of them IM me. there's something about those one-on-one conversations that's more rewarding than simply posting back and forth; you really get to know people. for me, bluelight is kinda' like playing pokemon. and i think that given enough time, god willing, i will collect you all. but there's one bluelighter i'll never get to know. never get to tell my stupid jokes to.... never get to pull into the Tussin Crew.... never get to bitch to about my horrible day.... i'm refering, of course, to quicksilver.
even those of you (like myself) who didn't know him have probably seen his quote in people's sigs, "raving is the wave of the future." it has always seemed so strange to me that there's a bluelighter who isn't with us anymore. maybe he's not the only one? maybe there are more -- i can't know for sure. but i've always been curious about quicksilver. now some of you might ask, "if you wanted to know about him, why did you wait so long?" that's a complicated question. ya' see, i've been on bluelight for a very long time -- that much is true -- but after i first registered i ignored the board for a great while. when i finaly came back, (and started realizing how special bl was) he died a week later. everyone was talking about it of course, but they didn't talk about him. i just couldn't bring myself to ask his grief-striken friends to tell me, a complete unknown, about quicksilver -- i felt like it wasn't my place. well, maybe it still isn't -- i don't know.
i was talking in an IM to RadarLove, and he made a comment to me about how i was a famous bluelighter. that honestly never occured to me; i never thought of myself as really being a part of it all -- i guess it happened so gradualy that i didn't even notice. well, i left chat, turned off the comp, had a cigarette and got into bed. i was mostly thinking happy thoughts, "they like me! they really like me!" etc. and then, as i was starting to fall asleep, his name appeared in front of my closed eyes, "quicksilver." and i thought to myself, "this is it -- i can finaly ask." i don't know what i'm asking for, really -- maybe just plain old curiosity -- but i think it's somehow more than that. i didn't know him, but the first thing that went through my mind when i heard he was dead (the VERY first thing) was "that could have been me."
well, for those of you who did know him, i hope this thread doesn't just drudge-up painful memories -- if so, i sincerely apologize. i just want to know something about quicksilver. what was his real name? where did he live? how old was he? what forums did he post in? was he funny? smart? was he a major postwhore, or did he only show up from time to time? what was his favourite genre? favourite colour? favourite food? anything, really.... i just want to know.
disciple

wow. i was never lucky enough to know quicksilver (ryan i think?..) but i remember hearing of him, and ive seen the quote in profiles. but this brought tears to my eyes.

His passing was a sad day at bluelight, not to mention for his family and friends. I hope no one else from this community accidentally overdoses.

yes, but isn't there anyone left on the board who actualy knew him?! that's the whole reason i posted this. i don't want to make people sad for no reason, i just want to know about him.
disciple

If you find Kevin aka Doctor Love, I'm pretty sure he can tell you anything you want to know about him. He was one of Kevins best friends and if I'm correct, he will gladly educate everybody on quicksilvers time with us. He's the only one I've heard speak about it.

i only knew him from reading his posts. you might want to get in touch with phreex from waht i remember he knew him well.

I remember this :( it was a very sad day for us and the entire Bluelight family.
RIP Ryan you will never be forgotten !!

well, at least i know his name was ryan now. i'm going to get doctor love's email adress and ask him in a mail. i'm leaving this thread up tho -- doesn't seem right to delete it.

IIRC, his sister posted a message in Words (now the Words Archive), you should be able to find that post.

Ryan, aka Quicksilver, was very good friends with Doctor Love, ZeroHawk, JDSD, and DMT666. I never got the pleasure of meeting him, as I met all these guys after his passing. My understanding is that he died from an overdose of Morphine and Hydrocodone.

Well here I am thinking about my best friend that died.
Me and Ryan (A.K.A Quiksilver) were the best of friends. He helped me through some horrible trips and I helped him.
I remember one time I had to hold his hand to cross the street because he had accidentally snorted 30mg of 2cT7. What a day.
Anyway he lived in San Diego. I lived right down the street. He was on honor roll at Grossmont Hight School. And I don't think I ever knew any one that hated him.
He died soon after his 18th birthday (Feb 14, 2001)
He loved to post in other drugs and was on his way to being a moderator.
His real name was Ryan Thomas Haight
Fav DJ, Paul Van Dyk
Color, I don't know, maybe orange because he used to always wear an orange sweater.
I miss him and will never forget him. I think of him at least once everyday since he died.
Lots of Love Ryan

Sorry, I haven't checked social in quite awhile. Where to start, well Ryan Thomas Haight (Quiksilver) was born in San Diego, California December 28, 1982. I was born that same month on the 3rd. We met in second grade at Fuerta elementary school in I believe it was 92. We became friends instantly. After that year passed I moved out of the area and went to a different elementary school. We then lost touch for several years. Jump ahead to freshman year at Grossmont High School, I had first period PE with Ryan. He came up to me and asked me if I used to like Ninja turtles (I was in love with the teenage mutant ninja turtles as a child, I had every action figure, I've always had an addictive personality). Ryan remembered this about me and that is how we became friends again. That year in high school I met JD, one of my other best friends.
Jump ahead one more year, I introduced Ryan to Kim who turned out to be the love of his life. This was the event that turned Ryan and myself into best friends. We hung out together every weekend, every weekend turned to almost everyday. JD moved away our second year of high school and we lost touch for a bit. Jump ahead to the middlie point of our 3rd year in high school, Ryan went to his first rave, some little weekly party, rolled for the first time and wanted me to do the same. At this point all I had done was drink and smoke weed, I wasn't sure if I wanted to do anything harder then those. Well one night JD calls up Ryan out of the blue, we all deside to get drunk. Then the next time that we all hang out we move on to the DXM which me, Ryan and JD have labelled "zorbing", that was our term for being on DXM.
March 18, 2000- Turtle Maina, this was my first rave, and of corse Ryan took me (this was also JD's first party. It was this tiny little 'happy hardcore mini maassive' in the venue they called The Fox Theater in Pomona,Ca. This was another big step in our lives, our newly found drug life. We expericed 2ct7, morhpine, mushrooms, ativan, ketamine, and many other drugs with each other (JD, Ryan and Myself) for the first time. Summer of 2000 had to be the funnest point in my entire life because I really got to experice a true adventure with my 2 best friends, I also met my other best friend Jim Hawkins (ZeroHawk) that summer.
Skip past Nocturnal Wonderland 2000 (best party ever and the last party Ryan, JD, Jim and myself all attended togther), my arrest, JD's arrest, almost getting arrested SEVERAL other times, and that brings us to Together As One 2000 (The last party I got to experice with my best friend, Quiksilver).
Ryan died Feburary 12, 2001. (was found with mophine, hydrocodone, and xanax in his body) I'm not sure as to what exactly caused his death, but he did NOT inject the morphine, there were no signs on injection what so ever.
Ryan was 18 years old and about to graduate from high school. He had brown hair, brown eyes (but wore green contacts)and had kind of a skinny build.I will get his picture posted soon with the help of Spencer's scanner. Ryan was also one of the smartest (and funniest)people I had ever met, straight A's and on his way to either Berkley or Santa Barbra. He discovered Bluelight in about April of 2000, he then introduced me to it. Ryan also loved to snowboard (though I never went with him on a snow boarding trip), play basketball ( and he'd woop me at HORSE every time), play pool, and tennis. Ryan was also a AIM whore, he loved to talk online (like most of us). I loved Ryan with all of my heart, the day he died, apart of me died aswell.
Anything else you would like to know? I don't mind remembering him.

well first off I would just like too say thank you to mdma disciple. I love remembering ryan he was one of the best people ive ever met in my entire life. First off I'd like to say that I only knew Ryan for about 6 months but the moment we met I knew we were gonna be best friends. he was one of the smartest kindest straight up coolest people ive ever met. I still remember when me and him went to the fox just me and him. I'll never forget that party i bonded with ryan in such a way it was almost like he was my little brother and then of coarse there was together as one. me and him hung out all night man was he fucked up he kept telling me jim I cant do this without you. skip ahead 2 weeks after the party I moved to orange county. too help a couple friends with there production crew I still remember that afternoon when I called his house his mom picks up I ask is ryan there. she says too me no hes dead. I say your joking right. next thing i know a cop is on the phone with me asking me what kind of drugs he was into I have to say it was one of the worst moments in my life. In short i only knew ryan for a short while but I still feel hes watching me everyday kind of like hes my guardian angel or something I loved ryan he was the coolest guy everytime I think about him It brings a smile to my face. I cant wait to one day go see kick it with him again.
P.S
He loved other drugs forum posted there every day

This thread is so sweet. It made my eyes tear up. It's nice to hear how much Ryan's friends loved him. I am sure he is looking out for you guys.

there are truely few times i can remeber when i have read a post and have been brought to tears. i truly hope that we can all hope celebarte quicksilvers life while rembering his death. this game we play is dangerous one and no one is above the rules of it. i would love to see a party named after his signature " raving is a wave of the future" i use to have the power to do this and i will see what i can do.
NEVER FORGET ALWAYS REMEMBER

Tears in my eyes, too. Beautiful thread, guys.
. next thing i know a cop is on the phone with me asking me what kind of drugs he was into I have to say it was one of the worst moments in my life.
Yep, I know that feeling Zerohawk.
RIP Ryan.

MDMA desciple i think this thread was a fine idea.
i didn't know quicksilver at all like you, and thanks so much to all his friends to come here and talk about him in such beautiful terms.
rip ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.