• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

remembering quicksilver

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey fozzy I actually threw a party last march that was in rememberance of ryan but thats a good idea im gonna name my next party that. hopefully in may this shit will go down.

Originally posted by fozzy:
there are truely few times i can remeber when i have read a post and have been brought to tears. i truly hope that we can all hope celebarte quicksilvers life while rembering his death. this game we play is dangerous one and no one is above the rules of it. i would love to see a party named after his signature " raving is a wave of the future" i use to have the power to do this and i will see what i can do.
NEVER FORGET ALWAYS REMEMBER

You said it Fozzy. I along with many others did not know Quicksilver, but after reading all the things you have said about him I wish I could have. The idea of havin a partee named after his siggy is a really good idea, someone should really work on that and try to make it happen. I'm glad you made this post Des, if you hadnt, I would never have known this story.
~**RIP RYAN**~
-k-

R.I.P. to all those who have died young
and
To all those who've struggled through painful events like this
R.I.P. Ricky
R.I.P. Katherine
R.I.P. Gary
"They say the good die young,
Well this must be true,
At age eighteen
There lives were still new" -Paul

it doesn't take much to bring a tear to the ol' eye of disciple (i'm a crybaby bitch to begin with.) but, the responses of hawk, jd, and dl really got the juices flowin....
i, personaly, have OD'd six times in my life (on various drugs.) some of them were worse than others (shaking, eyes rolled in the back of my head) and some of them werent so bad (just passing out.) and i realized reading this, that if i died, none of you would ever find out about it -- i'd just be gone. so ya' know what? i decide not to die -- and i'd like you all to do the same. let's not lose any more bl'rs. i know that ryan "knew what he was doing" (at least as much as any of us do,) but the next time you're loading that rig, taking that hit, or downing that drink, remember that you're fucking with more lives than just your own.
disciple

R.I.P. Quicksilver
Does any of the events that have transpired give you a slap of reality in the face?
If not, you should learn off of his experiences, and your past experiences to make life a better place for you, and those close to you.
I am not a preacher, nor do I ever tell people what to do. But with the overdoses, and the loss of lives to people close to you I hope you learn to use moderation, or just stop.
I think it's great that some of you come on here and teach other people about drugs, among other things. But the bottom line that shit is bad for you. Morphine, DXM, MDMA, Coke.. you know what I am saying. It's all no good and your just leading yourself to a whole bunch of drama later in life.
Anyways maybe some of you outa chill for a bit and live the sober life. When life gets to the point where you need to do drugs just to get through the day, or even do drugs to have fun , or problems get the best of you just stop and think how much worse it could be.
I have been off of drugs for a while now, I smoke trees and ocaisonally drink once a week. I have never felt better about myself than now.
All I am saying is maybe take a chill, and stay away from the pill =)
I am not here to tell anyone what to do, or how to run their life. I just want to give my 2cents
Peace to all
Leguhsee

There's so much I want to say, but can't find the words to say it in. I want to say thank you to JD, Kevin, and Jim for posting here. He must have been a great guy from what I hear and from what I see come from his friendships with each of you. Not only were you all lucky to have a friend like him but he was lucky to have friends like you. I, too, wish that I could've been able to know him but his memory lives on in all the hearts that read this.
Cherish every moment you have here in this world cause you don't realize often enough that your life could be made short in a blink of an eye. Treat others how you would like to be treated because if you pass, think of how those you treated badly will remember you.
Rest In Beautiful Peace Ryan.
[ 29 January 2002: Message edited by: tranceaddiKt ]

Its good to see that some of humanity still has a heart. RIP. and may the ending of the dream bring forth a new awakening to us all.

this is the first time a message board has brought me to tears. this is amazing seeing all the great things people have to say. makes me wish id have gotten to know him. you guys are showing bluelight as it truely is... a family. some of you may not like certain people, but in the end, if all goes to hell, we know theres always someone there. this thread is bbbbeeeeaaauuuttttiiiffffuuullll... and my condolences go out to all of you who knew him as well. whether it be in person or just on BL, a loss is still a loss, and it still hurts.
ryan

Just today I was thinking if BlueLight has any history or if this is just a random collection of people who don’t even really know each other and who will go on, unchanged, no matter what happens to the Individual. I felt almost certain that I was wasting my time, that there was no way for Community to exist here beyond the superficial hellos and misery in search of companionship.
I can see now that not only is there history, there is also an imprint on the lives of the members, a signature that becomes a part of all of us. Such signatures are rare, but strong, as only true things can be. The very real life rekindled as best as love can do it, in the memories, look-backs, and mourning. BL has a soul, and here this soul is hurting. I always knew that I can smile at some things here in BL, and that some things got me upset, but not too much. But the fact that I can hurt with BL was never even contemplated, never in the cards. It means something to me. I didn’t meet Quicksilver, but now I know of him, and in a way, I can see him live on through BL and through permanent imprint his life has now left on all who read this thread.
R.I.P. Quicksilver :(
-Edward

This was the first time that BL has brought tears to my eyes also :(
Thank you deciple for starting this thread, I am glad to have learned a little more about ryan since I to was not fortunate enough to know him personally. And thanks to ryans friends DL, JD and zerohawk for helping us to know a part of the friend you held so close to your hearts.
This is a beautiful post!
*~**Rest in Peace Ryan**~*
~LP

i second that notion... consider my sig. in respect of a fallen BL'er.

Xplore sad:
BL has a soulyes, it took me awhile to realize this (as i'm sure it did for most of us) but bluelight is a little bit more than the sum of it's parts -- for those of us who come here alot, it's a journal of our lives. all of our thoughts and experiences are catalogued here. and reading quicksilver's threads (thanks DL) was a good example of what i mean; it's almost like he never really left.
disciple

Ryan was a great kid. I used to talk to him practically every night on instant messenger, and even talked to him the evening of his overdose. I truly miss our conversations, and hearing about what he wanted to do with his future.
I will never forget my conversations with Ryan, he talked me through many a glorious trip - and I have since immortalized him in more than one of my trip reports.
I feel that any show of respect for Ryan's untimely death would be greatly appreciated by many on this board, including myself.
Sincerely,
SG

Im am at a loos of words as i sit here with emotions i didnt truly know i had for the people here and the words ive read. earlier today i saw a post with the RIP message in it and wondered about this bluelighter that i hadnt had the chance to communicate with, then later this evening i come across this post. even though it is almost a year late, i would like to give my condolences to all the bluelighters and family of ryan. I will think of this event and these feelings that have been posted every time i put myself in a position and will ponder before i do something that could affect all those around me.

Status
Not open for further replies.