• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

remembering quicksilver

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a very moving thread. thank you to all who shared their memories with us.
for now, i will simply hope that ryan has been introduced to the friends i have lost, and that they are kickin' it properly, wherever they are...

They that love beyond the world
Cannot be separated by it.
Death is but crossing the world,
As friends do the seas;
They live in one another still.
-William Penn

I have lost a few friends in the course of my life and with each passing day, daily thought of my friends became random thoughts. Reading this thread helped me remember. Something I forgot.
Bump.

This is now the eleventh year I've come to your shrine and related to posts to remember our friendship, and the great potential you possessed as a bright young man. I still miss our late-night conversations about what you wanted to do out of High School, and you interest in the base sciences.

You've made a significant impact on this place, Ryan, and through your mother you've also made a substantial effect in US Government, with the passage of the "Ryan Haight Act." Rest in peace, my friend. You are still missed by many, and your contributions to the early days of Bluelight will always be remembered.

We love you, we miss you, and we can't wait to see you again in another place. :)

Your friend,

SG

It's now been fourteen years, Ryan. We're not kids anymore :\. Bluelight has been forever changed since your passing, and for the better. I don't think we ever could have imagined back then what Bluelight would eventually become, but if you're watching us, I hope you're proud of the work we're doing.

As always, my thoughts go out to your family on this day. I hope they find peace in knowing your passing has had a profound, positive effect on this place and those of us who knew you.

Take care, old buddy.

SG

Status
Not open for further replies.