• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

British Man, 21, Faces Death Sentence In United Arab Emirates

Great thread! Nice to have something dramatic to read on the "shelf" ;) Can always rely on you wonderful people.

Foreigner, your post reads a bit like it could have come from another BLer and has been used to comedic / rhetorical effect, don't take it personally.

But I just don't see what there is in Dubai. There is no real culture worthy of merit, there is nothing to look at, and there is nothing to do. You can't even get fucked at the end of a long boring day sitting in ridiculous heat that humans shouldn't be in.

Sorry I'm late but I take real issue with this. "There is nothing to look at"? How about the tallest man-made structure in the world? I'd go to see that even if the country it happened to be in had a national sport of baby rape. Unless, of course, someone else builds a bigger one. In which case, fuck Dubai, and fuck your second rate engineering feat built on the backs of low paid Filipinos.

lol classic atheist. Don't let me detatch you from the one thing you have in life to get a superiority complex over. Mr Logical Scientist who works in a call centre (or not as the case may be). Someone call harvard and tell them that the next Einstein is languishing on minimum wage please.
As you seem to be an authority on classifying atheists, I'd like you to diagnose my particular brand of atheism (I'm hoping for quantum atheist, classic atheist is so 19th century).

I don't believe in any deities because my knowledge of the universe is effectively zero. I don't even know what everyone in the world did yesterday, never-mind the rest of the universe, or indeed whatever may be outside the universe. i.e. there could well be a god, but how would I ever be able to determine that, given I am a simple ape who occupies a microcosm of space, I have little chance of ever discovering what, if anything, is beyond the universe I occupy. I think someone must have a major case of narcissistic self-importance if they think they can claim they have this special knowledge, despite suffering from the same limitations as myself. There could well be a god who designed the universe and is admiring his workmanship as I write this, but how would I know this is the case? Because other apes, who knew far less of the universe than you or I, have decreed it? A god modelled in the image of a Human is a good example of creativity laziness. I'm sure there are a multitude of other interesting explanations for the creation of the universe, I'm disappointed at how mundane ours is. Here is the thought process as I see it: "Human build stuff, but what build universe? Big Human in sky! So obvious when you think about it."

My point is thus: there could well be a multitude of inconceivable potential causes for the existence of the universe, but the chance of us ever discovering the real cause is slim-to-nothing. Why choose the prevailing hypothesis? Well, probably because it's easy for us Apes to relate to, and it provides an: infallible, divinely endorsed, moral springboard for engineering society to behave in certain ways (which, for the most part, has probably helped contribute to many positive things).

As a programmer, I like to think god designed the physics, pressed play, and is now sitting back waiting to see what will happen next. Though I don't really believe it, and I won't be offended if you don't either.

I eagerly await your diagnosis. In the mean-time, I think I'll read this again: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality#Nick_Bostrom

Scire...Just read that entire page you posted a link to. Very interesting. I have heard of the simulation/brain in a vat theory/argument before, but it was a good read! Reignited my interest in philosophy a bit :)

It is far more logical to believe we are in a simulation than to believe in God in my opinion..but the two beliefs can work together I guess. Still... I am agnostic. I think athiests are often as stuborn and set in their ways as religious people. No one can be dead certain of the nature of reality or if god exisits. To state otherwise is foolish, in my opinion.

Still... I am agnostic. I think athiests are often as stuborn and set in their ways as religious people. No one can be dead certain of the nature of reality or if god exisits. To state otherwise is foolish, in my opinion.
Are you an agnostic about pixies? You can't be sure they don't exist .....

Seriously, some people over-estimate their own importance. Absit omen the universe should just work by itself with no need for any controlling intelligence. I can't imagine how just my little bit of the world would carry on without me, therefore there must be somebody without whom none of it could work.

Are you an agnostic about pixies? You can't be sure they don't exist .....

Seriously, some people over-estimate their own importance. Absit omen the universe should just work by itself with no need for any controlling intelligence. I can't imagine how just my little bit of the world would carry on without me, therefore there must be somebody without whom none of it could work.

But your little bit of the world would undoubtedly carry on without you. Maybe not with the things & people in it that are there just now, but it would carry on. Just like this planet will carry on long after humans are gone.

I'm trying not to get back into this as I can definitely be a bit militant-atheist at times. One thing though, why did god wait sooooooooo long after creating the universe to create a species "in his image"? Was he just fucking about for a while?

Answer:
NSFW:

The people who made up that book were not aware how long the universe had been around for (or that there even was a "universe" as we know it). So to them "God made it in 7 days" made sense. If any of them had ever heard the real word of god do you not think he might have dropped a hint or two, maybe told them that they were barking up the wrong tree with the garden of eden thing?

Reading that back I can see that my point is more anti-christian/other organised religions that believe in fairy tales, as oppose to anti-god. I have no clue if a "god" exists, I'm fairly certain that no "god" exists in the form described in those books though.

Of course I don't think fairies exist..but we can't prove or disprove the existence of them. All the evidence points strongly that they dont exist though, same for god. The flying spagettie monster and the teacup in space orbiting earth come to mind!

If we could disprove the existence of God beyond a shadow of doubt then surely most religions would fall to bits. Sadly we can't.

I like to believe that the universe is conciousness and like a massive computer its running a very long and complex program, in order to experience itself/everything. To learn/grow maybe. A process of becoming. Organic life is part of this process. We are part of a whole that has chosen to divide itself into many.

I cant prove or disprove this, but it makes more sense to me than most mainstream religions beliefs! But who really knows for sure what its all about?

No one.

Sorry I'm late but I take real issue with this. "There is nothing to look at"? How about the tallest man-made structure in the world? I'd go to see that even if the country it happened to be in had a national sport of baby rape. Unless, of course, someone else builds a bigger one. In which case, fuck Dubai, and fuck your second rate engineering feat built on the backs of low paid Filipinos.

You seriously care about seeing the tallest building? What's the point? By the time we're 70 they will have built one twice as high somewhere else. Meh, I guess i'm just not that impressed by a buildings above a certain height. Once you get above 1000ft it really makes no difference. On paper we have the engineering capability to build far higher, I don't need to see it to believe it and it doesn't make me want to go there. If anything it is just a shining example of just how culturally baron that hell hole is!

As you seem to be an authority on classifying atheists, I'd like you to diagnose my particular brand of atheism (I'm hoping for quantum atheist, classic atheist is so 19th century).

I don't believe in any deities because my knowledge of the universe is effectively zero. I don't even know what everyone in the world did yesterday, never-mind the rest of the universe, or indeed whatever may be outside the universe. i.e. there could well be a god, but how would I ever be able to determine that, given I am a simple ape who occupies a microcosm of space, I have little chance of ever discovering what, if anything, is beyond the universe I occupy. I think someone must have a major case of narcissistic self-importance if they think they can claim they have this special knowledge, despite suffering from the same limitations as myself. There could well be a god who designed the universe and is admiring his workmanship as I write this, but how would I know this is the case? Because other apes, who knew far less of the universe than you or I, have decreed it? A god modelled in the image of a Human is a good example of creativity laziness. I'm sure there are a multitude of other interesting explanations for the creation of the universe, I'm disappointed at how mundane ours is. Here is the thought process as I see it: "Human build stuff, but what build universe? Big Human in sky! So obvious when you think about it."

My point is thus: there could well be a multitude of inconceivable potential causes for the existence of the universe, but the chance of us ever discovering the real cause is slim-to-nothing. Why choose the prevailing hypothesis? Well, probably because it's easy for us Apes to relate to, and it provides an: infallible, divinely endorsed, moral springboard for engineering society to behave in certain ways (which, for the most part, has probably helped contribute to many positive things).

As a programmer, I like to think god designed the physics, pressed play, and is now sitting back waiting to see what will happen next. Though I don't really believe it, and I won't be offended if you don't either.

I eagerly await your diagnosis. In the mean-time, I think I'll read this again: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simulated_reality#Nick_Bostrom

I'll go with "pseudophilosopher atheist"? ;)

I take it you are a proper Christian, MSB? I might be totally wrong - you just seem to know a lot on the subject.

I go to church, but I am open to the idea that I am a pretty bad Christian compared to other proper Christians.

Fair dos. Was just going to ask why you take drugs, but it's refreshing to speak to a Christian that does have his head in the 21st century. :)

Foreigner, your post reads a bit like it could have come from another BLer and has been used to comedic / rhetorical effect, don't take it personally.

t's cos e's a forenna'!

On-Topic: The pace is absolutely ridiculous. Not much more I can say.
...Oh, and the poor guy's an eejit. Good luck to him!

You seriously care about seeing the tallest building?

I get a boner for any large scale engineering, and designs aren't quite as impressive as the real thing. Though even the pictures turn me on a little. But yeah, I'm also a bit of a whore; when someone else builds something bigger the Burj Khalifa that's where I'll go. Maybe one of these once they're done.

I'll go with "pseudophilosopher atheist"? ;)

Damn. Though I guess you can't claim to be apatheist when you write a mini-essay at 4am.

I understand why Blunts makes the odd remark about employment status , it's his 6 figure salary that keeps me alive.
All makes perfect sense know.