• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

How does weed make you feel?

Smoking it just makes me feel weird, as I found out the other night. My friend used to always give me cookies and brownies and they were great. Relaxing and stopped my thoughts from racing, which rarely happens.

First I would always get super high and it was awesome but a bit overwhelming. I remember when I was 15, the first time I smoked I thought I was in some time loop thing.
Then after smoking daily for a while, it just made me feel relaxed, floaty and chilled. The last month or two I started to feel the anxiousness and had a couple panic attacks. I felt weird when I wasn't smoking and normal when I was. Took it a bit easier, but I just wasn't enjoying the high anymore. Soo, taking a bit of a break now. I feel so much better already, my heads a lot clearer. Just smoking occasionally now, my tolerance is lower and the high is back to being nice and chilled.

Kinda hard to explain. I smoke daily, and when I smoke I feel heavy, somewhat sedated happy, hungry, able to face my problems/the day, and mentally cloudy in a way. It almost feels like my mind is less cloudy when I smoke, but I know it's not true because of how I act while stoned, which is much more cloudy headed then usual.

Weed makes me feel comfortable in a big way and also happy. Things that aren't normally very funny become very funny. When I'm not high anxiety makes it hard for me to deal with daily activities, and that goes away for the most part when I'm even a little bit stoned. Weed used to give me mild anxiety, when I first started smoking alone daily, but that went away after a while.

Mainly weed makes me relaxed, happy, chilled out and generally pleasent feeling.

I used to smoke sativa way more than indica, and it made tiny things hilarious (little, insignificant movements from people on TV, for example)
and it made everything look so cool and futuristic. That was almost two years ago. It was exhilarating, gave me rushes and chills, honestly.

Now I use Indica most of the time. Sativa makes me feel good for a short while but I get fairly paranoid and anxious afterward. Indica makes me feel neutral or bad almost as soon as I smoke it, and I come down within minutes of finishing. Then I get anxiety and paranoia, with more depression than Sativa. But it doesn't last as long. It really sucks now, I don't enjoy it 90% of the time.

for some reason weed tends to affect my personality alot more than others ?
Im not sure if this is true but heres what i get ...

so like after smoking my personality just feels so numb . I turn into the dude in a conversation circle just smiling, doing shit all and zoning out . Im basically no fun whatsoever .

However i then take 2 days off smoking and im back to myself < Aka a energetic , talkative person who is actually motivated.

I know this but for some reason i just keep smoking weed . Weird huh :s

so like after smoking my personality just feels so numb . I turn into the dude in a conversation circle just smiling, doing shit all and zoning out . Im basically no fun whatsoever .

However i then take 2 days off smoking and im back to myself < Aka a energetic , talkative person who is actually motivated.

I'm the same way. I'm an extreme extrovert and pot mades me just sit there and not talk. This is why I don't smoke before I go out, I just drink for that.

For me it depends on how I consume my herb, how much, and my surrounding, if I eat some I get an oddly psychidelic high with alot of body load reguardless, if I burn alone it's very relaxing and euphoric, with friends it's really energetic and talkitive, if (as I have recenly discovered) I vape it's INCREDIBLY sedating and a bit trippy depending on how much I vape and it's quite enjoyable (very vivid dreams), I want to vape with a few friends and see how that is though. I will say that if the mood is not right it's not very enjoyable in all cases I get depressed and wanna find somthing else to do, other than toke up. Mood can be a killer but, consumtion can also factor in.

It really just depends on how much I smoke..
If its one or two tokes, I feel energized but at the same time relaxed.
If I finish a whole bowl on my own I just feel boring as shit.

Disoriented. Not quite in 'reality'. Sort of like in a dream but my thoughts are kinda 'loud' and my external environment kinda takes a 'back seat'.

Yeah I don't understand how it makes people feel 'good'. It's not usually 'bad' either it's just too surreal to praise it as some sort of 'happy drug' like mdma.

I agree, it's a bit weird and surreal, and while a whole lot of euphoria can come from certain strains, rarely does it come alone, without anxiety and whatnot, unlike some drugs (for an hour, anyway).

Full on crazy madness when we all started smoking (we were 12) giggling munchies slight trips but always ace, we couldnt get enough!

As years gone by (14-15 years!) it just helps to get through life, it can take the boringness out of everyday mundane jobs that we all have to got through, it almost instantly relieves stress and can give you the ability to reflect on disagreements (for example) and make well balanced decisions. and it smells and tastes like nothing else in the world =)

downsides i find it hard to quit.

i somewhat agree bloke, but only in certain public situations. its always cool if im smoking on my own or with friends i trust. I have definately missed a fair few oppurtunitys with women through being high. lol

Last edited:
Disoriented. Not quite in 'reality'. Sort of like in a dream but my thoughts are kinda 'loud' and my external environment kinda takes a 'back seat'.

Yeah I don't understand how it makes people feel 'good'. It's not usually 'bad' either it's just too surreal to praise it as some sort of 'happy drug' like mdma.

sounds like you are smoking wayyyyyyy too much! Just take like a puff instead of an entire bowl, weed nowadays is too strong.

Puts me in a good mood.
Makes my anxiety and worries go away.
Gives me something to look forward to.
Makes music better.
Makes me not think of other substances.
Contentedness.
Helps me sleep at night.

There's a lot of reasons probably that I'm not listing too like
-Makes me forget things

Yep that's pretty much it for me as well. Although when people ask me about this I always say it's like a "different kind of normal." When you smoke daily it's exactly that, normal but with a different head space and a different way of perceiving the world around you.

Weed makes me feel slightly different every time I smoke but generally right after I smoke I feel really content because I know im about to be blasted, then happy as I get that 'rush' feeling (these days only lasts for like 5-10 minutes). Then I start spacing out. I don't really know how to describe it, but when I'm high I don't think. It's like someone turned my brain off. Any intelligent thought process is gone, it takes a lot of effort to think of even the simplest things.

And almost every time I smoke I get major anxiety. I try to forget about it and zone out and forget my problems but a lot of times when i'm high I start thinking of my problems more and they seem way worse and I get this hopeless feeling like i'm trapped and worthless, it's a terrible feeling. This is usually worst the first couple times I smoke during the day. Haha I really don't even know why I smoke so much any more (i guess it's because i'm addicted). I get a 'good' feeling for maybe 10 minutes and then major anxiety and depression for the next 4 hours.

I get some good feelings too, especially when I eat food. But a lot of times, I just get bad feelings. I think to myself, great, you're high again. It's like the novelty of being high has worn off ive smoked so much, sometimes I feel surprizingly sober or I forget I'm high. I also get extremely anti social (depends on how high i am but most of the time i'm too high to interact with others). All I feel like doing is sitting in my room by myself and listening to music and lurking the internet. If someone comes into my room, (BIGGEST pet peeve, the door is closed for a reason..) I can never talk to them, its really awkward. I always try to come up with something to say and just can't think. I can usually only manage 1 or 2 word sentences and feel the desperate need for be alone again, even though I get depressed a lot when i'm high because i'm always alone.

I also get paranoid as FUCK. It scares me sometimes. I start thinking up these elaborate situations that would seem ridiculous if I was sober and get way too into them and start believing all these crazy thoughts and start feeling really bad. My self esteem is just blown away when I smoke, I start feeling so bad about me smoking weed and my life. For example, I see some stupid thing on facebook and over analyze it because i'm high and always jump to the worst conclusion. Maybe i'm just a pessimist but i'm not really like that sober, I know its the weed. I think paranoia is my least favorite side effect of smoking weed, it interferes so much with my dailey life.

Sorry about such a long post, I could go on way longer about how weed makes me feel, it's something I'm pretty interested in and never really thought critically about.