Energy - November 26th, 2002 - Frankie Bones!!!- Providence, RI

MrJaMaL

Bluelighter
Yeah you heard that right. Frankie Bones is coming to Energy @ the Livingroom on November 26th. A night not to be missed. Most of you should be on vacation if in school for the Thanksgiving holiday. Come down and check out one of America's favorite Techno DJs for a special 2 hr set. This also marks the 8th year anniversary of Energy! A BIG THANK YOU goes out to everyone who has supported us throughout the years. Be sure to come out for the party...plenty of free giveaways, and supporting sets by Neil Baxter, Rebel, Dirty Ol Frank, Myth and, opening for FRANKIE BONES, is none other than Volume's own DJ VENOM.
2742-001.jpg

Frankie Bones
EAST MUSIC.SONIC GROOVE/NYC
Frankie Bones is a pioneer. Frankie Bones is a legend. Frankie Bones is the creator.
Not only at the forefront of a musical revolution, Frankie was at its very inception on both sides of the Atlantic and has been an integral part of this culture ever since. Considered the Godfather of the American rave scene, Frankie helped shape the hard-edge East Coast sound with numerous groundbreaking productions – including his infamous BonesBreak vinyl E.P. releases that will forever be worshipped by aspiring DJs and producers alike.
In the late eighties, Frankie gave up his lucrative remixing career to chase the dream of breaking Techno in the States. It was on his first Trans-Atlantic journey to the UK that dramatically changed his life forever – spinning in front of 25,000 people at Energy, just out side of London gave him his inspiration to bring "the gift of dance" to America. From that point on, he came back to the US to lay the groundwork for what became the foundation of East Coast Techno.
Throughout the nineties Frankie continued to bring music to the masses through his Groove Records in Brooklyn and by his relentless touring schedule – playing such seminal annual events as "Mayday" in Germany, "Ravestock/Woodstock 94" in Up-state New York, "Energy" in the UK and practically every other event across the US. Admittedly, Frankie partied like it was 1999 in 1991. The first few weeks of 1995 were both good and bad for Frankie – leaving behind the past seven years by closing Groove Records and, along with his partners Adam X and Heather Hart, opened up Sonic Groove Records in Greenwich Village, which still stands today as one of the best independent shops around.
Frankie’s sound, style and influence still resonates throughout the music world and a new generation of ravers are ready for what Frankie has going on. Enter Moonshine Music. In the Summer of 2000, Frankie joined the label’s ranks. With his latest release "You Know My Name" about to hit the streets, Frankie is positioned to capture a brand new audience along with giving his fans everything they have come to expect from the master.
Never swaying away from his unique aggressive hard-banging sound and never backing down from a gig has kept Frankie in constant demand – on the road four days a week all throughout the year – playing raves on both sides of the pond with the likes of his contemporaries Carl Cox, Jeff Mills, and Josh Wink, just to name a few. This is why you know his name!
Also performing that night will be Volume's own:
Dirty ol' Frank
Rebel
Myth
Neil Baxter
DJ Venom

Ages: 16+, 21+ to drink
Price: $5 (9pm-1am this night only, usually $3 b4 10pm)
Dress Code: None
Day: November 26th, 2002
Time: 9pm-1am
23 Rathbone Street, Providence, RI
by the Coca Cola Factory
For more info please visit www.volumeproductions.com
or call 401-621-1547
"Mayhem" on Mondays @ Club Hell in Providence, RI w/ DJ Venom returning November 4th w/ DJ Dread. Coming in Dec to Mayhem: Heather Heart
"Plastic", our new weekly will be starting on Dec 5th w/ special guest DJ X Dream
energydirections.jpg

[ 01 November 2002: Message edited by: MrJaMaL ]

Ok, after such a worthy cut n paste, i think I'll go.
;)
~ReD

You think I have the patience to type all of that? Especially at 3 in the morning? :D
[ 30 October 2002: Message edited by: MrJaMaL ]

/me gets out of work that night. somehow. it'll happen. oh it will.
Although actually... I could just cut out early cuz I'm working w/ the manager, and drive like hell to Prov... werd. :D
See y'all there. :)
Peace ~Katie
[ 30 October 2002: Message edited by: bdreligrrl ]

word to your mom i'm there'
that's during thanksgiving break, when i have no class on wed.
who's gettin drunk with me at the bar!!!!!!
.........and then driving me back to CT

i don't know about driving, but i'll see you at the bar :D
mabye i can finally teach ya how to drink ;)

Pffft.
We ALL know the high master of getting drunk at Energy is yours truly. Maybe I can attend and hold a session on "How to get plastered at Energy, and not make an ass of yourself". ;)

^^ Agreed. Well, actually, he's made a drunken ass of himself MANY a time at Energy, but we won't go there... ;)
He is, however, the resident drunk. :D
Oh and Kev you know you're just hinting for Lauren/Teddy/Sarah to drive your sorry 21-year-old ass to Prov and back, hehehe. =P
So are we all gonna come out for this? If so, can we pretty pretty please hit up Bickfords too? It's been too long. :)
Peace ~Katie

Drinking at the bar: Good
Energy and Bickfords : not so good
:) dont think i'll be attending this one. Haven't gotten my ass down there in a LONG time! but who knows, you have a whole month to convince me otherwise! good luck

[/convincing argument]
Cheryl sweetie, surely you must realize there is NOTHING better in this world than being surrounded by friends at a ghetto shack of a building listening to pounding techno all night, followed by strawberry belgian waffles at a greasy little diner in southern Rhode Island at 2am... gawd, they have one waitress that won't even wait on our table anymore! muahahaha... ;)
[/end convincing argument]
Peace ~Katie

well katie,
not a problem at all to get sara there
lauren, shoutldn't be tough only costs 5 dollars
however, teddy, that's like tryin to take a cat to the vet, not to sure he liked energy last time he went, however, frankie bones, and drinking over priced liqour at the bar might get hime to go
dave, you've got nothin on me at the bar, and a lesson goingstrange? you don't even know what drinking is (what am i getting myself into)
well now that settles it, cheryl, you must go, cuz all of us are going, plus the chance to see me toprocka, and going strange shitfaced and falling over ourselves at the bar, i mean, that's priceless. so you're goin end of story

oh, and to further answer your question katie, i'd end up driving there most likely so you'd see the my shitty old vw in the parking lot, however, driving home is out of the question, i'm looking forward to getting drunk, well cuz i can

the chance to see me toprocka, and going strange shitfaced and falling over ourselves at the bar, i mean, that's priceless.
hrmm, that does sound very intriging. Kodak moment type night to say the least. Still doubt my appearance but you know me, it's all gonna come down to 20 min. before i'd have to leave to get there (i do like the sound of under $5 to get in though ;) )

mwah ha ha...
i foresee fun.
mabye ill try those redbulls, no? or mabye i should just stick with good ol ron bacardi and friends :)

oh this is gonna be a fun night. i can see it now in headlines "Bluelight owns the Bar at Energy" and if anyone has a camera, please oh please do not catch me purging my stomach of excess alcohol, or humping a pool table. I have way too many pictures of those types to go around. For those that were there, my first party anyone?
all right, back to paper wrtiting for me!!!!

if i can go to this, youre all gonna get schooled at the bar. and yall better show up when the door opens at 9:30 to crack open the first one :)

I'm not promising I'll be in top form, what with work and all the next morning at 630. However, May I remind everyone that I am the reigning champion of drunkeness at Energy. Wear your drinkin shoes, folks. It's gonna be a good night. :D

^^^^take wednesday off, im gonna try to, if not ill be in the same boat, its all good