COUNTDOWN2K2 - 3/23/02 - NYC Premiere Sports Entertainment Complex (Key Skate), NYC

sugafist

Bluelighter
COUNTDOWN 2K2 SATURDAY, MARCH 23rd 2002 @ the Key Skate, NYC
SYMPTY PRODUCTIONS
Headliners
FRANKIE BONES & HEATHER HEART - SONIC GROOVE, NYC
SUPER STAR DJ KEOKI - MOONSHINE MUSIC - LA
CHRIS LIBERATOR - STAY UP FOREVER, UK
NOSTRUM - TIME UNLIMITED, GERMANY
SPACE GIRL - HARDBEAT RECORDS, NYC/RUSSIA *LIVE PA*
DAVE THE DRUMMER - HYDRAULIC, UK
Trance/Techno/House
FUNCTION - INFRASTUCTURE/SYNEWAVE/DOWNWARDS, NYC
PLEASURE HEAD - TRANCE PERCULATOR/WWW.PLEASUREHEAD.COM, NYC
JEVIC & DJ PAULY - SYMPTY PRODUCTIONS/WWW.SYMPTY.COM, NYC/NJ
GONZO - TOPAZ RECORDS, NYC/NJ
MICHAEL MYERS - LOCAL 13/611/UC MUSIC/WWW.DJMICHAELMYERS.COM, PA
NEMESIS & SYKOPATH - NEMESIS RECORDINGS, LA & S.T.E.P MOVEMENT, NJ
SCOTT RICHMOND - WWW.SATELLITERECORDS.COM, NYC
THE HOLY ROLLERZ a.k.a TJR & RALPHIE C - www.LoveOurCulture.com/www.tjr2000.com/HoPatrol,UpstateNY
MR. ROB - INTERGROOVE US/REHAB/RELEASE, NYC
JOHNNY FAME - PARK RAVE MADDNESS/WWW.JOHNNFAME.COM, NYC
KNOWLEDGE - COLUMNS OF KNOWLEDGE, CT
Myth I-S - WWW.TRANCEDOMAIN.COM/D.P.I.M/COUSINS, LI
Hardcore
THE HEADBANGER - WAX WEAZLE/ID&T/ROTTERDAM RECORDS, HOLLAND
LENNY DEE - INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH, NYC
ROB GEE & NATAS PRODUCTIONS - ADAM RECORDINGS/BML, NYC/NJ
CIRCUIT BREAKER - HARD TO SWALLOW/SYMPTY/EAST MUSIC/PARK RAVE/NATAS/611/612, PA *Record Release for Hard to Swallow #6*
Jungle
SOULSLINGER w/ SUPA MC TC IZLAM - LIQUID SKY MUSIC, NYC & ZULU NATION/URBAN TAKE OVER, UK
J.SMOOTH - GFS/SLICK RECORDINGS/ARGENTO/SOUND GIZMO, PA
ODI & KAZPA w/ MC POSI-D - KONKRETE JUNGLE/MADDNESS ETN/DJKAZPA.COM/RAWKUTS, NYC
DJ RU AND KRAZY GLUE - SYMPTY, PA & DRUM N BREAKS/REZONANCE/DEKEFEX, NYC
CAZ - GHM/199RECORDS.COM/METATRACK, DC *CD RELEASE*
Remaining DJ's
MINDBENDER - Sympty, PA
SPACE MONK-E - WhereHouse Massive, NJ
KELEE - VipRecordsUsa.com/Stapledesign.com, NJ
NIKO - www.dj-niko.com / C.U. Ent / Electronic Chaos, PA
FRAZZLE - Demented&Frazzled, NJ
DAVE TRYXX - Hardcore beat freaks, NJ
JIMMY SWIFT - SmooveGroove, NYC
dB FLEX - Sixth Sense Communications, NJ
ROSS NEWMAN - Sixth Sense Communications, NJ
STRANGELOVE - Park Rave Maddness, NYC
GIL-T - True Productions / www.truecrew.com, MA
SCOTTY MAC - Stuck On Earth/Beat Control/Xlr8 Recordings, NYC *Cd Release*
JAMES ANGEL - Skratch N Spin/UFO/NJHA, NJ
Venue: This 32,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility houses 3 indoor zones and a fourth outdoor zone. Inside, you will find two giant wooden floor skating rinks with vaulted ceilings and a third giant party room… while outside there will be a large walled-in room with no ceiling - open to the stars and sky. There ware three separate bathroom facilities, a giant "welcome" hallway with two separate line entrances, and a multi million gallon coolant and ventilation system. The venue also contains a full service snack bar and personal lockers you can rent.
LIGHTS - Scotto's Psychecyberadiant Light show-drop.com: First off, we are going to have over 200 hundred separate lights just on the main floor alone encompassing Scotto's Psychecyberadiant Light Show.
LASERS - True Lasers: The system runs all the color of a rainbow while scripting full text and 3-D graphics on a mammoth projection screen.
VISUALS - VJ Kevlar -Visual Infinity.com: In addition, VJ Kevlar is teaming u again with Optical Delusion to provide state-of-the-art visuals. With a ridiculously amount of massive screens strategically placed throughout the arena. In addition to their usual bag of eye candy treats, there will also be an insane amount of TV monitors stacked like towers for you to watch whatever surprises you might be viewing.
SOUND – RSA: 150,000 watts of pure RSA sound to the already existing sate-of-the-art multi-million dollar sound system in the arena.
Price & Time
$36 IN ADVANCE $40 @ DOOR
START TIME: 8:00 PM END TIME: 6:00 AM
Tickets
ONLINE TICKETING!!!
Go to www.sympty.com & we will have a link to VIP Records who is handling all online ticketing!
NEW YORK
Satellite 212-995-1744, Sonic Groove 212-675-5284, Breakbeat Science 212-995-2592
LONG ISLAND
Caffeine 516-797-7196, East West 631-451-0034
NEW JERSEY
VIP 732-866-9984, Concept 732-729-1717, Café Sounds 973-509-2233, Skratch n Spin 866-558-4528, Jerzey Works 973-331-1600
PENNSYLVANIA
611 Records 215-413-3150, Main Street Music 717-424-2246, Undaground Set 610-432-8822, Hypervinyl 412-681-4164
MASSACHUSETTS
Satellite 617-536-5482, Growroom 413-549-9296
DELAWARE
Flavor 302-369-6160
CONNECTICUT
Spiritual Emporium 860-524-9719
RHODE ISLAND
Luna Sea 401-272-9171
WASHINGTON D.C.
Yoshi Toshi 202-338-5638
BALTIMORE
Modern Music 410-675-2172
OHIO
Culture 7 614-297-0988
Miscellaneous Info
SECURITY: In addition to the venue's security, Sympty will be providing their own team of professionals to ensure your safety.
VENDORS: We will feature a plethora of various products available through a mass array of professional vendors.
BUS TRIPS
FROM POCONO'S/ALLENTOWN
CU ENTERTAINMENT:
610-863-7815
www.cu-entertainment.com
FROM PHILADELPHIA:
ETERNAL PRODUCTIONS
215-212-8888
www.eternalproductions.net
Directions
From NJ & all Points South & West: Take I-95 North to the George Washington Bridge. As you cross the bridge you will be on the Major Deegan Expressway. Take the Major Deegan Expressway South to Exit 3. Exit 3 is 138th St. Grand Concourse. Stay left off the exit towards 138th St. At the light, turn left
onto 138th St. Key Skate is 2 blocks down on the right.
From Manhattan & the Outer Boros: Take the FDR North to the Triboro Bridge (towards the Bronx). Get on the Major Deegan Expressway North. Take the Major Deegan Expressway North to Exit 3. Exit 3 is 138th Street. Grand Concourse. Say left off the exit towards 138th St. At the light, turn right onto 138th St. Key Skate is 2 blocks down on the right.
From Upstate NY & all points North West: Take 87 South to the Major Deegan Expressway. Take the Major Deegan Expressway South to Exit 3. Exit 3 is 138th St. Grand Concourse. Stay left off the exit towards 138th St.. At the light, turn left onto 138th St. Key Skate is 2 blocks down on the right.
From CT & all Points North: Take I-95 South into NYC. Take the Cross Bronx Expressway to the Major Deegan Expressway. Take the Major Deegan Expressway South to Exit 3. Exit 3 is 138th St. Grand Concourse. Stay left off the exit towards 138th st. At the light, turn left onto 138th St. Key Skate is 2 blocks down on the right.
TRAIN
BY TRAIN [VENUE IS 1 BLOCK FROM DROP OFF STATION]
From the Bronx & Manhattan:
Take the 4 or 5 to.138th St. & Grand Concourse.Take the 6 to 138th St. &3rd Ave.
From Queens:
Transfer to the 4 or 5 to 138th St. & 3rd Ave.
From Brooklyn:
Transfer to the 4 or 5 to 138th St. & Grand Concourse. Take the 6 to 138th St. & 3rd Ave.
From Westchester:
Take the 4 to 138th St. & Grand Concourse. Take the 2 to 149th St. & Grand Concourse. Transfer to the 4 or 5 to 138th St. & Grand Concourse.
SYMPTY PRODUCTIONS: 24 Hr Main Info Line: 732-441-2998
Official Website www.sympty.com Official E-Mail: [email protected]
[ 04 February 2002: Message edited by: sugafist ]

SORRY this post is soo big, but DAMN peoples this is going to be a really BIG party!!

1- the key skate is in NO WAY a premire entertainment complex. it is highly obvious that this party is thrown by money hungry promoters, or else they would have a proper venue.
2- i always say that the bigger the flyer, the worse the party is going to be (unless the size of the flyer is warranted by the lineup)... in this case, the flyer is a book... so what does that tell you?
3- if you go, prepare to feel cattle... i havent been to any of these, but all i hear from others who go is that you are heavily packed in... no room to move, let alone dance.
i could go on and on and on about this party, and why you shouldnt go to it (unless you plan to be cracked out of your mind sitting on the floor the whole time, then by all means go to this party, youll be at the right place)
but, of course, it is up to your own discretion. just dont say i didnt warn you
and as always, be safe!
16.gif

ANYWAYS!! back up to the original post. I too can go on about how one could always make good of a bad situation and I have been to my share of bad parties.
Its all about how much you make of that party regardless how good or bad it is!! So thats why when people post reviwes of parties, some are good, some are bad. People have different experiences!! TRUE!!

Ok, so I'm very excited to see another party at the Key. I LOVE this venue and have always had a good time at the parties here.
OMG! I just realized Nostrum is spinning. There is NO way I WON'T be here. Last party I saw Nostrum was @ the Key and the next time I heard "Brainchild" I totally blew up all over again while entirely sober. Yeah, I had a good time that night. LOL.
Ooh, oooh. Space Girl. I'm getting excited to see her @ Lust 4 More, and now this! I was a little disapointed with her last set I witnessed while at oh fuck...what was it? It was at Amazura. Oh well, I'm fried right now. Hopefully she'll get some shit together and make me rock like she knows how.
Price is a little steep though. ::sigh:: As long as it's by Sympty I'll let it slide. I saw the promo flyer for Countdown while at Hammerstein for I Have a Dream. I was wondering when the next party at the Key would be. Wh00 h00.
~Erik

I've gotta go to see dave the drummer...he's good. chris liberators gonna be a fun time also. I haven't seen him in about 1.5 years. I also wanna see what makes keoki such a superstar dj. I know he's like an originator...but is he really that good?

I heard about this the other day and I got really excited.
I haven't been to the Skate Key since Groove Theory in August and I really wanna go again, I love that venue.
I also wanna see Spacegirl, Odi, and Nostrum especially, among other DJ's.
But I heard last Countdown was mad crowded...and that's gonna be pissing me off, but we'll see what happens, I'll still go just becuase.

ok, I went to countdown 2002, and I waited in line WITH TICKETS for 2 1/2 hours. they started mad late. it was hella crowded BUT. it was sympty's first party at the key. I had a GREAT FUCKING TIME. I was tripping my balls off, but i was dancing in the jungle room all night. The jungle room is hidden, so all the e puddlers dont know where it is sovthey flock to the main room. I have absolutley no interest in the main room for this party. Keoki can suck my balls, if hes not passed out on his turntables. HOWEVER I will be here for three reasons, despite the ammuount of people at countdown 2001 it was a PHAT party, the vibe was off the hook, no one seemed to care about the level of people. 2) dj odi vs kazpa, last countdown they did this and it was AWESOME kazpa and odi just work perfect with eachother. They will most likely open up the outside area where you can chill which makes it ten times better cuz of all the extra air flow. and 3) DJ ru!!! if you havent heard dj ru(which you most likely havent) he is nasty!! im not missing a rare ny apperance from him ever. I will 500% be at this party, fuck your fear of massives. im going :)

*/scratches head and squints eyes*
Eh, I want to go to this SO bad for two reasons...
1) this falls on the weekend of my birthday (20th for those of you who care ;) ..)
2)Last Sympty party I went to at the Key was "The Music Made Me Do It" which I ended up having a BLAST at. (THE best vibe out of any other party that I've been to. Seriously)
But I can't really say that I disagree with JungleFaerie's points. Especially #3. I get seriously unhappy if I don't have room to dance. I've tried comprimising this before.....just doesn't work with me...especially if I'm gonna spend like 40 bucks. Sitting on the floor fucked up is just not an option I'd care to explore either...
The lineup, particularly the headliners, could be better IMHO. "Superstar" DJ Keoki? Bwah ha ha ha ha!! Of course this is only subjective, but Armand Van Helden would've been cool. Throw in some Joey Beltram or Derrick Carter for good measure..... I digress. SpaceGirl?!! 'nuff said. */sighs*
I dunno. I just might be there...
-Teddy

You can so tell that sympty is going all out for this one. $36 for spacegirl, nostrum, chris liberator and dave the drummer? i would have to say wow, very good. hehe it's below 40, i wish it was like 25, but oh well. yea, they should throw keoki out of there and throw in a dj dan or jeff mills or donald glaude or feelgood. heheh but oh well. i'm soo going to this.

Well i still have never made it out to this venue yet and I've heard mainly good stuff about it. But this line-up looks pretty fuckin dope. So I might just see you guys there. Look for a kid with the blinding orange glow sticks!!! Peace!!!

I'm going to disagree with JungleFaerie. I have been to 3 events at Key Skate including the last Countdown and Music, both by Sympty. There was always room to dance. There is no cattle herding here, the rooms are rather large... and the lighting and sound are fantastic.
I have not known Pauly to oversell recent events. I can't remember hearing anything negitive about over crowding since Countdown 2000 which was on NYE at Club Bene... which was just too small to party, and over 2 years ago. What about him money hungry?
The "flyer" is actually a 16 page magazine- complete with bio's on each headlining DJ. (also with ad's to cover printing) He is going all out on this party. This is going to be one to remember. And if you haven't experienced Mr. Robb before... make sure you catch his set... it's sick techno... and one of the main reasons I'm attending. The other main reason is to support e_rep, a fellow bluelighter performing with Rob Gee and Natas. So, if nothing else... SUPPORT YOUR FELLOW BLUELIGHTER'S!!!!!
Aside from Starscape, this is the only massive I'm attending this year. I only go where I *KNOW* the vibe is... and there is definately a "dance or get stepped on" vibe at his events.
Anyway... I will be here...
I did not have to wait more then 15 minutes to get in last year, but the girls line is always shorter. This event has special meaning for me. I always walk away with great memories.
See ya there...
Daz
[ 05 February 2002: Message edited by: Dazzle ]

DJ ru!!! if you havent heard dj ru(which you most likely havent) he is nasty!!
true true, ru is the man... and a very nice man at that :)
anyway, about this party... you dont have to agree with me... im just stating what ive experienced with parties at the key--- pure shadyness... maybe that was because i was sober :)

DAMN! :)
I too was at the last CD and it was madd packed but I can say it was oNe of the best Parties ive ever been too...guess its just how you have your fun...
And Shit
GONZO &
NEMESISSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

there is definately a "dance or get stepped on" vibe at his events.
I like that type of vibe at parties!! :) Come to party by enjoying the music, by dancing your ass-off & having fun with friends and meeting new ones!!
This will be my first time at this venue and I too have heard good things about it so we'll see!!
DAMN, 6 weeks and counting. Hey theres nothing wrong with getting excited early!! ;)
And ~*JungleFaerie*~ much respects!!PEACE & Love girl!! ;)

eww eww eww! i assume this is where countdown was last year and that was a fucking mess. it was WAY too crowded. it took about 20 min to get from one room to another. insane. plus that line was ridiculous (though we somehow got in good with the security guy and he lets us skip the whole line :D )
not that i have the money to go to this, but if i did, i would probably skip it.
but to those that do go, have fun :)
Mella

i whent last year... hey thats right the party SUCKED ASS... if i do go this years it's cause of 3 people Keoki, Rob Gee, and Circuit breaker, if this party sucks like last year i'ma start a riot!

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS HEATHER HART!!!!!!! (I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SEE HER LIVE FOR ALMOST THREE YRS NOW AND HAVE BEEN UNABLE TOO I'M SOO HAPPY) SPACE GIRL IS AN ADDED BONUS KEOKI I CAN DEAL WITH OUT BUT HIS SET WILL BE FUN TO HEAR I'M THERE AS LONG AS I CAN FIND A RIDE
ANYONE WANNA HOOK A FELLOW BLUELIGHTER UP WITH A RIDE I'M IN SCRANTON PA IT'S AN HR SOUTH OF BIGHAMTON NY OR 2HRS NORTH OF PHILLY
PLEASE HELP ME THIS IS A MUST ATTEND FOR ME !!!!!!

Originally posted by ScaryRaver:
i whent last year... hey thats right the party SUCKED ASS... if i do go this years it's cause of 3 people Keoki, Rob Gee, and Circuit breaker, if this party sucks like last year i'ma start a riot!
Dont go to this party to see keoki, you only set yourself up for dissapointment. :p

Oh well.... After reading Dazzle's post, hope has been restored as far as me going to this party. So yeah, I'm definitely there!! Also, I don't know e-rep, but I'll be there to show some support.
I can honestly say that I too, have heard nothing but positive things about Sympty. I've never gone to any of the CD parties... "Music Made Me DO It" was kinda packed too but the VIBE, the VIBE, the VIBE (three times for emphasis..lol) was IN-fucking-CREDIBLE!! I swear to God, you bumped into someone or someone bumped into you and instantly, you had a new best friend.
Honestly, I do try as much as possible to stay away from massiffs, but I like Sympty, and in spite of being not even remotely close to a "premiere sports entertainment complex", I LOVE the Key. It's weird...the feeling I get when I go to that place. Sorta like being 16 all over again. It's kitschy. I mean.. video games, hotdogs, pizza, cotton candy and all that stuff....kinda adds to the FUN atmosphere.... Its almost like you can't help being happy there. :D (forgive my seemingly endless banter...I'm on 5HTP overload at 8:15am, about to go to work with nothing else to do to pass time...lol)
-Teddy
[ 06 February 2002: Message edited by: Speekah Phreekah ]