COUNTDOWN2K2 - 3/23/02 - NYC Premiere Sports Entertainment Complex (Key Skate), NYC

I'll definitley be hittin this one up with my boy alphakry. Im sure the line will be long as hell again and for a few hours it will feel like you are cattle while wading through everyone, but the last couple of hours at the party last year were pretty amazing and definitley worth everything else that had to be endured.
If anything, the lineup is awesome and well worth it for me.

(*warning - rant to follow*)
aight, well - that sounds too easy to be true :)
but i won't doubt ya - cuz you're much l33t'r than me :)
(not being sarcastic - u rock the hizouse dazzle)
but...... none the less, you can't tell me the flyer just isn't a bit much.....
i hate to sound like im some super-duper-hardcore-since the 80's-raver - but in my eyes, a flyer thats evolved from word of mouth to simple black n white printouts, to amazingly designed grafix, to multiple page with advertisement books is following a path i see nothing but trouble with....
(likewise... dj for fun....dj for the people...dj for recognition...dj for money...dj for highest paying offer....)
i aint about to get into sellout/commercialization type of arugments, and hell, this shouldn't even be inside a post reguarding CD2k2 - but it indirectly relates, and its just, i dunno...
ill just say that i've gone to more then a few Sympty parties, and i haven't been dissapointed yet... so anyone out there who feels the flyer is as ridiculous as i do, don't let it steer you from this party - i still got my bet that its gunna be one of the best ones before summer hits =)
[please excuse various typo's - my spellcheck is broken =( ]

Alright, I will admit i found the flyer a smiggin obnoxious. It wasn't until I had the magazine concept explained to me in detail that I got over the shock of such a production.
However, I'm not going to see this line up on a black and white flyer... or at an outlaw... or at any of the Countdown parties at The Wave or various holes in the walls. Sympty is one of the few promoters who has gotten better as they have gotten bigger. I appriciate Sympty's megaraves.
I can't remember which Countdown party it was, but Pauly was personally throwing BTS and various sketch right out the door.
I hear what your saying though... there are still plenty of zerox parties going around... but it seems to me it's mostly local talent... with inconsistant music (techno, followed by raggajungle, followed by a speedcore trainwreck... you get what im saying) Or, I gotta go to a small venue on a friggin weeknight to see a good DJ for $10 or less. I'm so jaded I could go on *forever* but I'll spare you.
If your going... i look forward to meeting you. :)
[ 13 February 2002: Message edited by: Dazzle ]

*cries* man i miss the key, im so glad this is gonna be the first party there in a long long while. Anyways hell yah stamford is gonna be representing this place, this was like most of our homes for a month or 2.
Anyways, steve we bumpin this shit up with mad stamford kids heh.
Also, i only been to one other sympty party and it was fuckin off the hook. The key skate is a great venue, with not that bad a vibe, nice and roomy, the great outdoor area(hopefully will be open) and yea the security there isnt tight at all.
You will definatly see me hitting this up with the usual stamford crew~Spidy, Gray Rival, Droppie, Steve, and our others heh.

Sorry it took so long for me to post but I just finished reading the HUGE book of a flyer. Can anyone say waste of paper?? Come on...say it with me...WASTE OF PAPER. Good
HAHA so yeah, Soul Slinga...HELLS YES
J-Smooth=GOD!!!!
Odi and Kazpa always makes for a good set, especially when accompanied by Posi-D

WASTE OF PAPER, there I said it! ;) regardless of the flyer, the party will be dope, so y'all stop lalygaggin and get excited :)
alphakry we should start getting our 'cut the line fund' ready cuz the line is going to be ridiculous!

While you all bitch about the flyer I would like to applaude it, it goes to show that pauly doesnt care about the costs of what goes into his parties, im sure the price of the party isnt a direct link to the flyer, more like the ammount of dope talent at this fucking party!@!@!@! I wanna get my tickets as soon as i get money cuz im not missing this party for the world :) we are gonna turn this place into the Key Stamford center, yeuh. I cannot wait.

Originally posted by Maui2k:
...it goes to show that pauly doesnt care about the costs of what goes into his parties...
Hehe, i've finished my rant about the flyer, but lol Maui - and you think this is a good thing??
i hardly see the lack of intrest in cost management as a beneficiary =)

Hmmm.... I'm thinking I may have to make this my first NYC party... Hopefully I can scrape together the $$$ in the next 5 weeks :)
Peace ~Katie

mmmmmmmmmmmmm, sounds like a great time! I cant wait, my last party was I Have a Dream 4. The line-up is amazing...odi and kazpa, j-smooth, soulslinger, and several trance gods, what more could u ask for! See ya there. :)
Peace,
Matty

blah, blah, blah
All this talk about Stamford being represented at this party. And its all good, theres no hating on this side!! BUT Maryland too will definitely be representing at this party as well, for sure!! :) And we can party, believe me!!
And I'm agreeing with what people are saying. This party is going to be about the Jungle djs (especially Odi & Kazpa w/ mc Posi-d)
can't wait, can't wait.......

^^^
oh yeah I forgot, I'll be reppin' stamford too biatch :)
hehe, and its kinda funny that whenever I go to parties in NYC people sometimes ask me if I live on a farm or tip cows...hrmmm...

^^ we live in the ghetto where the only cow youll see is on the milk carton with your face on the back :eek: lol as for the maryland heads cant wait to see you all, rep it up!! sympty is being overrun by bluelight :)

I don't want to hear about this, that and the other thing.
All I want to know who is actually gonna bear out the hype with me and make this a good party?
~Erik

bump it cuz I'm almost positive I'm going :)
GTi Kid, if I go, you better come to whatever meetup there is :) Househeads represent, w00t w00t!! :)
Peace ~Katie

hmm, cute girl asking me to go to the meetup... riiight, hehe I'll definitley be there :D

KEY SKATE KEY SKATE KEY SKATE!!!!!!! Ima be at this party no FUCKING DOUBT! There is no way you can make a sympty party bad and i garauntee this will b the illest party i will b goin to this year. The lineup is INSANE... wit a few exceptions. (Keoki)
But otherwise - i'll b seein u all there. Peace.

LoL I just got the "flier" for this event.
Its one of those things you read when yer takin' a shit in the bathroom, its so huge.