COUNTDOWN2K2 - 3/23/02 - NYC Premiere Sports Entertainment Complex (Key Skate), NYC

Maybe it's just because I tended to stay in the main room and danced. I only changed rooms twice and I really didn't see the problem... but hell, i coulda been tripin and missed the herd. :)
Hopefully, we'll have our HUGE! shirts printed up by then so we'll be hard to miss.

Originally posted by dpoke65:
[QB]ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS HEATHER HART!!!!!!! (I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SEE HER LIVE FOR ALMOST THREE YRS NOW AND HAVE BEEN UNABLE TOO I'M SOO HAPPY) SPACE GIRL IS AN ADDED BONUS KEOKI I CAN DEAL WITH OUT BUT HIS SET WILL BE FUN TO HEAR I'M THERE AS LONG AS I CAN FIND A RIDE
you should check out lust 4 more...heather heart and space girl will be there, and instead of keoki you have george acosta. and it's only ten days away, take a look at the thread on this board for some more info.

I can't wait for this party! I missed last years Countdown and everyone I talked to who went says it was fuckin awsome. I love the Key Skate, it's about time they had a party there, I thought it died.

some of the best parties i ever went to were here. :) wahooo...and i agree with everyone about meeting people for tmmdi, also for groove theory. prolly met some of you and never knew it.
go go go. dance ur ass off (and as for the pool of etards, they always stay to the walls anyways so the center of the massive massive main floor is always pretty roomy).
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! <---- this time with a smiley :)

yo!!
ok, im sick of the bad vibe jazz i always hear on here about Sympty parties
They throw some of the best parties in all the east cost - and after countdown 2000, alot of people were posting some crazy UNTRUE stuff......
CD2k was a DOOOPPE PARTY!! Sympty knows how to get the Key mooving - which is why it has become a fav. venue of mine from around here - 3 huge arenas which end up pumping out pretty dope sound most of the time! I've also seen and complained my share about the Key, but really, it was all little petty crap that shouldn't effect how much fun ure having at a party
THe only thing i warn of is yes - for atleast a couple hours, the place is gunna be PACKED! The line outside to countdown had to be atleast 3 hours long!! lol, it was RIDICULOUS! so i suggest you do wat i did - bring a little extra cash to pay the cute girl at the front of the line to cut in! ya may even make a friend too! =)
This party looks ill, it WILL BE ill, and i hope to see you all there!

Hmmm.. The Key is back..
I remember going to this place for two months straght. Some good times and bad.
Reasons to go:
-Odi and Kazpa (Yes Steve, you know the deal!)
-Security is never tight
-Good vibe?
Yea I'll be there. I'll just give outdoor security $5 to bring me right to the tickets. I gave security $20 last time and he brought me right into the main room, no ticket, Thats why I love the place, security is corrupt!
OH! one thing that SHOULD not happen. Last party I went to at the Key, they didn't even open the main room until all the resident roller skaters were done. Now that was just ghetto.
[ 07 February 2002: Message edited by: PartEkidRepsAcosta ]

Originally posted by PartEkidRepsAcosta:
OH! one thing that SHOULD not happen. Last party I went to at the Key, they didn't even open the main room until all the resident roller skaters were done.
True true... I was there. That was at "Groove Theory" by Smoove Groove Productions. Which Sympty had no part in...(even though it was advertised otherwise on the flyer..) I remember because I worked at that party. I won't get into details here, but I personally witnessed a lot of fucked up stuff that went down.
The party started at 8:00pm but the main rink wasn't open until midnight! (again, even though the flyer advertised that the entire complex would be available exclusively for that event)
Anyway, I don't think we have to worry about that happening at this event.
At Sympty's "Music", I got there later than I usually do at parties (I usually always get there early as to avoid long lines and catch all the sets...this concept never failed me yet) and had to wait in this long ass line for no more than five minutes cause me and my crew each paid a security guy $5 to take us right to the search area. He was mad cool. Brought us right into the main room just like PartEkid said. We didn't even get searched!
This should be a pretty good party. Everyone's been waiting for Sympty to do something in the city for a while now, and it seems like Pauly is going all out on this one. So yeah...it should be hella crowded, (which I hate) guess I'll just have to acclimate myself to that type of environment. Essentially, as someone stated earlier in so many words, it's the type of attitude I bring to the party which will determine how much fun I'll have. As long as the sound system and music is right, I seem to have fun irregardless.
-Teddy
[ 08 February 2002: Message edited by: Speekah Phreekah ]

Originally posted by PartEkidRepsAcosta:

-Odi and Kazpa (Yes Steve, you know the deal!)
-Security is never tight
-Good vibe?
Yea I'll be there. I'll just give outdoor security $5 to bring me right to the tickets. I gave security $20 last time and he brought me right into the main room, no ticket, Thats why I love the place, security is corrupt!

yea the scurity is never tight I love the key. are you coming with us Paul? I think we are having a huge ammount of people go to this. its gonna me momentus, sympty owns. Maybe we can all just skip the line. that would rule.

Steve, Stamford will be there in full effect. I'm planning on taking a train of cars down the Cross Bronx Exp. I know you'll be right behind us.
Oh and this time I won't dissapear like at On your knees.

dont nooooodle!!! resist the urge!! ;) hehe well, if you go, you can always crash on our couch :)

^
I dunno. I've been meaning to check out a Sympty party since the Countdown parties in 99.
I have a jar full of change; Maybe that will be enough? :)

yes captain noodle must attend this party :) I wanna meet you you scurvy bastard. This is gonna be a nice party.... I cant wait!!

word. this party will be the illest... mos def. you'll be seein me there. hopefully it wont be fucking packed. <--- wishful thinking. oh well.
i wouldnt miss it for anythin

Bump for chris liberator, that guy throws down some techno thats for sure.

mmmmm i'm still up in the air if i'm going to this... by the way does any one here still remember me????
kasper

lol
like WOAH to the flyer
anyone pick up one of these NOVELS ?!?!
Im still pyched as hell to go, but omg dood -
ill bet money that if Pauly didnt tell me how often a day some of these dj's wipe their ass, as well as how many many new cd's are comin out within the next year (omg, 1/4+ page ads in a party "flyer" = ridiculous!), i bet these tickets would be significantly cheaper!
i picked it up at Love Our Culture this weekend and fell to the floor laufing for atleast 30 seconds straight! whats next, radio and tv commercials for the next massive....
...jeez, advertisements!...

ummm... Okay, ill say it again... he sold the ads to cover the cost of the 16 page magazine... so...the zine didn't effect the cost of the ticket price.
Kasper-
I remember you hun (how can I forget)... come find me with the hugemassif... we're always on main floor, in front of the speakers. With the exception of Mr. Robb... ill be catching his set in one of the smaller areas.