Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] LSD & Benzo's

infinity

Bluelighter
hi there.
i was wondering if it would be a worthy idea to give a first time tripper some xanax (taken with the hit) (for possible anxiety/edginess of the (first) trip) or if it really wouldnt do much.
thanks
smile.gif

around here they call that 'trip[dipping'.
i think it might be worthwhile, but i would give them a normal, theraputic dose of xanax, as opposed to say 4 mg.
------------------
aim: kremlac

yeah, keep the xanax dose low. too much and they won't feel any of the body, and won't remember a damn thing; or at least, i wouldn't. if this person has a "normal" xanax dose, try cutting it in half. just enough to keep them mellow.
------------------
"When danger or pain press too nearly, they are incapable of giving any delight, and are simply terrible; but at cetain distances, and with certain modifications, they may be, and they are delightful, as we every day experience."
--Edmund Burke

Do you guys think .75 mg would do it?
------------------
Trance and Dance: the enlightened path to Trancendence.

anywhere between .5 and 1 mg always take the edge off for me... I prefer klonopin for tripping with though because its shorter acting, so that it wears off about the time you peak... Your mindset has already been set as stress free and mellow, but ur trip gets as intense as it would have otherwise.
But I definitely reccomend benzos with acid, especially for those who get overly stressed or anxious when they trip.
Pure
------------------
Fantasy is a natural human activity. It certainly does not destory or even insult Reason; and it does not either blunt the appetite for, nor obscure the perception of scientific varacity. On the contrary, the keener and clearer the reason, the better fantasy it will make. If men were ever in a state in which they did not want to know or coulnd not perceive truth, then Fantasy would languish until they were cured. If they ever get into that state, Fantasy would perish, and become Morbid Delusion.
-J.R.R.Tolkien On Fairy-stories

Oh also, I reccomend taking the benzo about half an hour BEFORE you drop the acid, that way your already relaxed by the time you start transitioning into the trip, which is for most people, where the anxiety starts...
It also seems to amplify the uncontrollable laughter if you do it this way...: )

Being something of an advocate of acid I think perhaps your friend might be better off having their first acid experience 100% acid and nothing else to distort the feeling.
I know nothing about xanax, but wouldn't it be possible to give them the xanax later if they start to wig out?

I agree with Plague Bear. I don't advise mixing anything with a psychedelic for one's first time, except marijuana if they are a smoker already. I have never seen a need for benzos when tripping and I would recommend avoiding them. I have tried both valium and xanax, and I find they dull the effects somewhat. Even lower doses will.
I am from the school that you deal with whatever the trip throws your way, rather than use things to cover it up. This does not include using pot to help reduce nausea. But that's just me. Who cares?
------------------
"I have discovered that common sense is quite uncommon"-My name here

PuristLove,
I prefer klonopin for tripping with though because its shorter acting
Klonopin is one of the longer acting benzo's. It's half-life is almost twice that of Xanax.

Your right, I did some research and Klonopin does have a slightly longer half-life than xanax.
I find this interesting because in personal experience I can take one and no longer be feeling any effects in three-four hours.
Xanax runs closer to six for me. Weird
Pure
------------------
Fantasy is a natural human activity. It certainly does not destory or even insult Reason; and it does not either blunt the appetite for, nor obscure the perception of scientific varacity. On the contrary, the keener and clearer the reason, the better fantasy it will make. If men were ever in a state in which they did not want to know or coulnd not perceive truth, then Fantasy would languish until they were cured. If they ever get into that state, Fantasy would perish, and become Morbid Delusion.
-J.R.R.Tolkien On Fairy-stories

I always use about .75mg xanax to lower the anxiety of my trips (or else I just lose my mind).... if someone is wigging out we just give them like 2.5 mg and they usually pass out within an hour or two
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://lookidz.homestead.com

I dont find a need for xanax with acid and its relativly smooth come on. But it doesn't sound like a bad idea at all to throw in .5 mg to take that edge off and as a sort of safety factor.
I consistanty take a half mg of xanax with foxy and its rather edgy come on.

LSD and benzodiazapines

me and my friend are going to trip this weekend most likely. there is alot of emphasis on being int he right mental frame of mind to prevent a bad trip. I was wondering if benzodiazapines such and valium or Xanex might possibly make the trip more pleasent or less prone to go bad

Yes, being in the right frame of mind and right surroundings is most important. Definatly keep some benzos around just in case, but i wouldn't use them unless you feel a bad trip coming on. If you are very worried, don't trip.

I consider benzos to be essential "tripping gear" and have them onhand for most psychedelic experiences. i posted about this very recently, but in a nutshell... the best dose to use is the lowest dose that will effectively managed the negative neurological side effects of the psychedelic substance. I personally like using .25mg increments of alprazolam (xanax) to best aid me on my journey.
Sometimes just knowing the xanax is there in case is enough to stave off the onset of any anxiety or mood swings.
Peace,
SG

people talk about keeping benzos "on hand" etc etc while tripping, but i say if youre an inexperienced tripper or even first timer, just take your benzos with the tabs, and supplement dose a few hours later, this will put you in a nice relaxed head space, something kinda hard to do if youre a newbie tripper.

and what about GHB? Do you people think it's a good trip-aid, as it puts you in a happy/relaxed mood? Some people told me G and acid just don't mix, but I can't see why.

Since GHB/BDO lasts only 4 hours, its not good with a long acting substance like lsd. Not to mention the speedy dopamine rebound may comeback and intensify the trip, especially if taken too early. Benzo's can be used for a freak out, or if you want to sleep afterwards. For mild fear, this is were low quality marijuana may come in handy, as its low THC content and high CBD levels will result in mild sedation.
I think valium would be preferable to xanax.

Originally posted by Fujicrow:
and what about GHB? Do you people think it's a good trip-aid, as it puts you in a happy/relaxed mood? Some people told me G and acid just don't mix, but I can't see why.
G goes well with just about everything (except alcohol unless you are seriously reducing your normal dosage of both alcohol and GHB). The only problem can be measuring out a proper dosage when you're messed up.

If you're an inexperienced tripper, taking benzo's will make it anxiety-less and carefree but the problem is benzo's deaden/sterilize the psychdelia...
Very very low doses are sorta ok but if you were to eat 1mg xanax or 10mg valium while on LSD(or whatever) it just ruins it, quite frankly.... It's like a "zombie" trip, the life-force is muted and the deliciously transcendent intricacies are smothered :(
At the end of trips tho when you're ready sleep they're fantastic!
[ 28 May 2002: Message edited by: ntgn ]