• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Your favorite strains

There’s some crazy american strains out there, I’ve only smoked one. Misfits, i think, it is called (more than 30% THC) Now, that’s crazy man, no way I’m doing anything with that. I think they are overdoing it, seriously… It gave me the chills. Like, I was shivering. I had to lay down for a while.

Hawaiian
Thai Stick
Panama Red and
Columbian Gold was some great smoke ...

I'm positive those same strains are still around in their collective countries

Hawaiian
Thai Stick
Panama Red and
Columbian Gold was some great smoke ...

I'm positive those same strains are still around in their collective countries
panama still exists in seed form, notably from a couple of breeders in spain (not gonna give the names in case it counts as sourcing)... they even have some varieties with pink hairs.

oaxaca, punto rojo, santa marta gold, kerala gold, original cali haze- bros haze, neville's haze, all still out there as well as some interesting stuff from africa and thailand, la reunion (zamal), etc. etc.... just rare in the u.s. dispensaries.

the modern commercial hybrids have NOTHING on a well grown, well- cured electric floaty sativa. the late 60s hippies might not have had access to 25% thc resin-bomb bag stuffers, but if i had a time machine...

Disclaimer: Im a small time nobody who lives under a rock. I've tried probably 1/100 strains as truly experienced weed pros out west. Plus, this is just my taste. People look for different things in bud.

Ethos has a couple unbelievable strains, namley the mandarin sunset lines:

Mandarin sunset
Purple sunset
Mandarin cookies

All of them are 9/10 to 10/10 in all categories and smoking. The gold standard I judge all other strains against

P.s. for you old school hippies who like the NLD/landrace stuff, check out Hammerhead genetics. He's a small time guy, but he does great work breeding old school hazes to be actually powerful and have some yield. Not as close to pure landrace like Ace or whatever, but I think pure/semi-pure landrace is silly for your average grower, unless you plan on breeding and working them yourself

Last edited:
i'll go with:

Ogre Kush
Gorilla Glue
Original OG Kush
Sunset Sherb
Chemdawg 4
Underdawg

Gorilla Glue
Jack Herer
Sour Diesel
Super Lemon Haze
Kosher Kush
Ogre Kush

also a few 'cali' strains I've only had once or twice and forgotten their names

pure power plant
jack herer
super lemon haze
girl scout cookies
sour diesel
grape ape
gorilla glue
amnesia haze

strawberry banana, vanilla haze and gelato #41

stardawg and blue cheese / cheese is p good too B)

panama still exists in seed form, notably from a couple of breeders in spain (not gonna give the names in case it counts as sourcing)... they even have some varieties with pink hairs.

oaxaca, punto rojo, santa marta gold, kerala gold, original cali haze- bros haze, neville's haze, all still out there as well as some interesting stuff from africa and thailand, la reunion (zamal), etc. etc.... just rare in the u.s. dispensaries.

the modern commercial hybrids have NOTHING on a well grown, well- cured electric floaty sativa. the late 60s hippies might not have had access to 25% thc resin-bomb bag stuffers, but if i had a time machine...
Pot is better nowadays in that you can get good pot almost all the time if you take the time and look hard. Some great pot was available in the 70's, but it was "seasonal".
Commercial Columbian was generally as good as decent regs.
The old time Sativas were great. That's why so much of their genetics is bred into modern pot.

Favorite pot I've had lately, non-legal state, Green Crack.

Just going on taste alone
Panama Red was my favorite, the way it was/is cured devoid of all chlorophyll dark brown and red buds tasting so much like chocolate & brown sugar

miss it

Just going on taste alone
Panama Red was my favorite, the way it was/is cured devoid of all chlorophyll dark brown and red buds tasting so much like chocolate & brown sugar

miss it
Agreed. All the psychedelia of the gold, but uber stony as well.

The old time Sativas were great. That's why so much of their genetics is bred into modern pot.

aka "that's why they watered them down with boring modern 'bag appeal' strains" lol... good thing there are like three breeders that still work with pure heirloom sativas, or else they'd be extinct.

i got some Super Lemon Haze at discount price recently from a dispensary and it tasted like lemon and spices in different hits... i wish weed always had a good taste in the discount price. sometimes the dispensaries carry some great stuff... i got some "hypothermia" most recently and it was pretty good. it looked great, but it reminded me of weed that i got on the black market back in the day for taste and the illegal weed had more of a strong taste. i don't know. i feel like the illegal growers might've been growing some denser more tastier buds on the whole, but the dispensary is definitely convienient and every now and then i'll hit a unique strain.

i'm also wondering if the way weed is grown makes up more for the taste like with fertalizer and lighting. like i've gotten some of the same strains from different companies and they are definitely different in taste and look. sometimes they are the same. i'll take what i can get though.

oh yeah, "queens mother gogi" had a perfume smell that i never smelled on weed and it had a unique taste that's hard to explain. either cheech or chong chose it as their favorite in some type of cannabis competition.

oh yeah, "queens mother gogi" had a perfume smell that i never smelled on weed and it had a unique taste that's hard to explain. either cheech or chong chose it as their favorite in some type of cannabis competition.
Goji OG was one of my favorites lately. Brought back from a legal state by a friend, it was also priced nicely. Think it was on sale.
19%, so solid for the cost. Great taste and high.