• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Your Favorite Psychedelic, and why (Part 3)

What is your favorite psychedelic?

• Total voters
LSD is my #1, all encompassing psychedelic, perfect balance between tryptamine & phenethylamine, cleanest as far as body load, just feels natural & "right".

DOC is pretty close though. Quite similar to LSD in many ways as well, but overall a different beast. Can be as deep & awe-inspiring as the best of them, yet so much more clear-headed than say L/tryptamines. Im a big fan of the speediness & long duration as well. Also has a headspace that just suits me perfectly, hard to explain further then that.

5-MeO-MiPT is another favorite, such incredible tactile sensations & unique headspace & visuals. 4-AcO-DMT or DMT are the best for going far "out there". Mescaline was one of my favorite trips ever too, need more experience with it though.

4aco dmt
5 meo mipt
6 apb atm

To add I had a great experience with 4 aco dipt

Mxe has become to weird and toxic for me....it just get mongy and. See the worse in me

Miprocin!! Metocin a close second.

I'm biased though. I've gotten all I could out of lsd and shrooms make my stomach hurt and poop.

I haven't tried many psychs/trypts though. I bet other substances, especially Mescaline, will make me change my mind.

LSA by a longshot, but i have to admit i have a very special relationship to this substance which not many seem to archieve to this level
Makes me go godmode, like rolling but so incredibly better. Often people even can't tell I'm on something and just think i'm that superfly chill guy, which makes comedowns kind of sad. But I definitely learned the most and had most fun on this substance.

Second would be Ayahuasca, third Mescaline, both also extraordinary beautiful and healing

lsd because when I can get it it works so consistently.
adds charm to ordinary life.
usually I can cut a blotter into quarters that are reliable museum doses for once or twice a week which is my modus operandum
(replacements for this indulgence are lsz, al-lad and (be careful) nbome when nothing else is available)

methoxetamine and ALD 52 are not in the list, so I could just select the generic "research chemicals" option.

Lsd has gotta be my favourite,
I would say dmt but i find you can integrate lsd trips easier.

IME DMT just gobsmacks you for ten minutes and you come out of it completely mindblown. Ive had some profound dmt trips but i gotta say lsd seems to be a bit more utilisable to me.

I do enjoy lsd's duration too its long enough but not too long. Dmt is too short :( not that you could take in anymore anyway xD

I remember voting in this a long time ago. I was really into acid and the whole culture of it so obviously at that point, it was LSD, now I think I'd be more tryptamine-centric; it would have to be 5-MeO-DMT for psychedelic purposes in the rather narrow sense, for recreation, more complex (for this purpose by which I mean having something more complex than dimethyl-T at the core) substituted tryptamines I think, something fluffy and friendly like 5-MeO-MiPT, maybe something a little bit more psychedelic like 4-AcO-DiPT. For clinical work (which I have never done) I think the latter, or the simpler OH-substitution might be good, too. LSD is still a powerful psychedelic and mythopoiec, though, and as the broadest and most promiscuous of the psychedelics pharmacologically the same qualities that make it so special also make it a bit of a blunt instrument of you have a specific appetite you want to fulfill, that is, except of course for the specific appetite for the special qualities of LSD.

(Random thought — have propylisopropyl-T substitutions circulated or even been made and tasted? I don't seem to recall reading about it though it seems obvious … wouldn't be legal in most places but might be interesting — though I'm not sure if China has an isomer clause, pretty sure they don't have an ester one.)

^ don't think I'd kick her out of my bed

When originally posting here I'd also have advocated for LSD as a first psychedelic, these days I would recommend a gradual path of introduction starting with something like a cocktail of 50mg 2C-M (2C-D), 15mg of Dexedrine and 2mg of diazepam as a first introduction to the psychedelic state, to be followed by in stages separated by at least a week by DMT and then either LSD or a more complex tryptamine (synthetic, not mushrooms), with DMT, smoked, with an moclobemide, or given i.m., as a possible insert between.

But realistically speaking; if I had to have only one to use or give, though, it would probably remain LSD, due only to its expansive pharmacological profile, but we are in these days spoiled for choice (or are we? I don't see a lot of discussion of these types of classic Shulginalia, I'd imagine because the most synth shops now cater to a less refined palate as well as pretty much his whole oeuvre being illegal nowadays.)

This coming from someone who thinks and writes a lot about drugs but doesn't do them anymore (with narrow exception not including psychedelics. LSD I have thoroughly lost the taste, or the nerve, for, if I had some of the aforementioned complex/asymmetric substituted tryptamines, or 2C-M, now, that might be a different story.)

Last edited:
^Why would you think synthetic psilocin/psilocybin would be preferable over mushrooms? Simply a matter of more precise dose measurement? Otherwise I can't really imagine what difference it would make, but I have no experience with the synthetic versions. Or did you mean some of the analogues are preferable?

Personally I couldn't for the life of me choose the one favourite psychedelic. Best I can do is to say that for recreation AMT wins the prize, for self exploration it would be a close tie between mushrooms and 2C-E.

Ald-52 all day long baby. Lsd rulez too
I see no poll or even a way to vote how do you get the poll results?

^Why would you think synthetic psilocin/psilocybin would be preferable over mushrooms? Simply a matter of more precise dose measurement? Otherwise I can't really imagine what difference it would make, but I have no experience with the synthetic versions. Or did you mean some of the analogues are preferable?

Both of the above, with the additional factor of the other mushroom alkaloids about which we know rather little, e.g. 4-PO-DMT and 4-HO-NMT both of which we are are told by anecdote are benign when taken in isolatiom but which, along with the more minor alkaloids, presumably contribute something to the "shroominess" of the mushroom experience, and variation in ratios between them to subjective differences in Psilocybe spp. Acetyl esters in general in my experience improves these compounds and makes them a bit smoother, although 4-AcO-DMT is certainly capable of causing nausea and at least some of the other unpleasant physicality of mushroom-tripping; nonetheless, I preferred it even to synthetic 4-HO-DMT after a few trials.

Relativd to N-substituted-DMTs, I greatly some of the more complex tryptamine "cores" can be very interesting like 4-HO-DiPT and especially the asymmetric 4-HO-MiPT, where the acetyl ester is again preferable in my experience (one wonders about the phosphorate), all of which leads me to be interested in the potentials of 4-AcO-PiPT, the possibly not yet synthesized tryptamine I sketched above, which I would, clutching at straws, expect to be less potent per milligram by perhaps 50% up to an order of magnitude relative to psilocin, but to remain very psychedelic and to be somewhat longer acting than 4-AcO-DiPT, and to have a rather forgiving character but still deliver a proper trip. One the 5- position, see also 5-MeO-DiPT (nasty stuff, putative aphrodisiac but cause of extreme G.I. distress) vs 5-MeO-MiPT (possibly the perfect drug for friendly, erotic, relatively light psychedelia, easily the best party drug of the bunch; I'd expect to enjoy 5-MeO-PiPT as well.)

Also generally speaking I do not like to consume plant drugs where pure compounds, synthetic or extracted, can substitute. It is invariably a more uncertain dose and a rougher ride (cannabis being an example of a plant drug where pure extracts do not substitute well; ayahuasca being an example of one in which they do and a drug/tourist trap around which many in the community tend to set aside any reasonable sense harm reduction.) Mushrooms you can be the judge, I guess; they are very safe (assuming you've got the right ones; let's assume you've gotten them from a relatively large scale commercial operation, from which they will be quite cheap unless going through an excessive number of middlemen i.e. n < 4), but I would prefer to take a synthetic 4-eO-DMT any day, and on many days, some of the more specialized compounds I mention above (there are at least another half dozen good ones in TiHKaL which have been in circulation.)

I see no poll or even a way to vote how do you get the poll results?

By not using mobile view.

Yeah I see... lot's and lot's of interesting compounds out there. I did try 4-AcO-DMT as well as 4-HO-MET, not often enough to really judge them, but they definitely seemed worth exploring further.

I guess I am just a little sentimental about mushrooms, first love and all that. :D

4-HO-MET is of course another great example of an interesting drug that has this same kind of asymmetry to it in carbon chain length; there's gotta be something to that, what I can't tell you.

I love and always will love LSD, I believe that's how I voted when I did a year or two back. Honestly other psychedelics seem to be lacking the "fullness" of LSD and that's why I prefer it.

I've tried a few tryptamines and a few phens and they never seem to live up to good ol' acid. I had an unusual reaction to 4-HO-MET which wasn't that pleasant, and same with 2C-D (which I'll probably give up on entirely). I'd say that 2C-C would fall high up on my list of favs, as I've had excellent rapport with it, as has everyone I've shared it with. Mushrooms are great but too unpredictable and self-critical in my book. I have yet to try a number of the drugs in my collection though, AMT and DOC are high on that list, as are 2C-E and 2C-P (both of which I fear honestly). I want to try mescaline the most, but I've never seen it for sale and haven't the facilities to do an extraction these days.

Very hard to say, but I think I would choose 2C-P because it has given me my most "important" trips, and I really enjoy it's long winded duration, visual qualities, and emotional openness.

Close seconds are 5-MeO-MiPT (For it's incredible uniqueness), 2C-E (For it's awe inspiring deepness), and LSD of course (For really living to the tittle of "Archetypal psychedelic").