• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Your favorite psychedelic, and why (Part 2)

What is your favorite psychedelic?

• LSD

Votes: 173 38.3%
  • Psilocybin mushrooms

Votes: 101 22.3%
  • Mescaline cacti

Votes: 17 3.8%
  • DMT/Ayahuasca

Votes: 14 3.1%
  • Hawaiian Baby Woodrose/Morning Glory seeds

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 36 8.0%
  • MDMA (or MDA)

Votes: 44 9.7%
  • DOC (or one of the other DOx's)

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2C-B

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • 2C-I

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • 2C-E

Votes: 13 2.9%
  • 2C-T-x

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Some other lesser-known molecule

Votes: 27 6.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, DOC really is a magical one at the right dose. The highest I've taken it during a time without tolerance was 4mg, and my most profound so far was on 3.5. But I feel like about 7 or 8mg will be where it's at. But it'll definitely be a greater commitment as well. The visuals and headspace of DOC are astounding. Right now it's one of several tied for second place for me.

Mushrooms. It was a close call, just because mushrooms were my first and most important trip. I wouldn't be the same at all today without them. Which is true of all my experiences, drug and not, but mushrooms cured me of atheism and led me to my own spirituality.

I've also done mushrooms the least of any psychedelic I've done more than once, and I'm the most afraid of them, because they're so complete and piercing and emtionally intense. The first trip was pure goodness, and every one after that has been a mix of the worst terror and self-loathing and the greatest joy and understanding of my life, wrapped into one. I haven't tripped on mushrooms in about two years. I'm thinking about revisiting soon though.

Acid also has amazing healing properties when it comes to colds

Was as sick as a dog, took some, felt amazing and days followed no sickness.

True story:)

Tried this with other drugs( perticulery ketamine) but to no avail.

I already posted, but I want to post again.

5-MeO-DMT is the best of the best. It has everything I could want in a psychedelic, and it happens to be the best one I've tried. Beyond that

PEAs:

1) 2C-T-7, with 2C-E almost tied. They are so very differemt but they are both so very, very, very good. Each offers so much in totally different ways.

2) MDA and MDMA and methylone...special medicines…all different, but still I group em together

3) 2C-D, just delightful, deep, and short...and no body issues. Fantastic.

4) 2C-B…good all purpose material. Short.

5) 2C-C...relaxing and gentle psychedelic. Nice stuff for a hike.

Indoles:

1) Iprocin...wonderful, friendly material that is very deep and (for me) spiritual. Far better than mushrooms. One of the few psychedelics that was there for a +4. and so good on the body.

2) DiPT....only had it once but it was another producer was another producer of a +4

3) Morning glory..... my first psychedelic and it has been there during the best of em

4) LSD.....because it is LSD. Not my favorite, but a great one.

5) DPT...not a favorite but a damn good one that deserves mention.

mgs, may I ask what do you, personally, see in 5-MeO-DMT that makes it above the rest? I've only used it a handfull of times alone. It seemed very numbing of everything. At first, I read many many reports on it and it sounded quite interesting so I bought some. Not too long before that I finally had experimented with DMT. I was looking for a "substitute" for DMT, and that was most certainly not it, and I realize that there isn't anything that could possibly be a substitute for DMT. To me, 5-MeO-DMT is not something I would consider a psychadelic because there are no visual aspects associated with it at all. By itself, it's just there......colorless, boring, unvisual, uselss. As of recently, in combination with 2c-b, 5-MeO-DMT brings out the already vivid colors and patterning of 2c-b. Taking a toke of meo while at the peak of a 2c-b "trip" brings out so many different patterns and colors than there are with 2c-b alone. So, again, what do you find so special about 5-MeO-DMT?

I need to learn to use paragraphs....lol

I also just read your first post on the B&D thread :)

Last edited:
Juicy said:
By itself, it's just there......colorless, boring, unvisual, uselss.

Are you saying that the lack of visuals equates with uselessness? There's your problem.

I'm not saying that 5-meo-dmt is at the top of my list ... it was a little too much for my taste. But if the visuals are the center of your focus during your trips, then I see why you wouldn't like this one. If you read MGS's reports you'll see that he got a lot more out of his experiences that some cool visuals.

Visuals are the least important aspect of a trip. I'm not saying I don't enjoy or appreciate them, because I do. But MGS prefers 5-MeO-DMT because it reliably produces a state of oneness with the universe every time (for him). I haven't yet tried it. Frankly, I'm intimidated.

DXM has given me some really really crazy trips. The only time I have projectile vomitted and shat at the same time.

mushrooms are a classic, at a 1/4 oz me and friends sit and laugh at each other (for no paticular reason) for hours on end.

Exstacy and Nitrous Oxide for a good time in the rain

1/4oz of mushrooms just made you laugh? Consider finding a new source for mushrooms 8o

Xorkoth said:
Visuals are the least important aspect of a trip...

For you, perhaps; it's what I enjoy most. Maybe it's because I've spent enough time already exploring my own headspace that psychadelics don't seem that unusual to me. Which is not to say I don't perceive things differently; it's just more of a side effect than the main attraction.

That's probably why Miprocin is my personal favorite...easy on the body, very visual at mid-to-high dosages, and a headspace that is enjoyable and insightful but not overwhelming. Of course, YMMV.

Xorkoth said:
Visuals are the least important aspect of a trip. I'm not saying I don't enjoy or appreciate them, because I do. But MGS prefers 5-MeO-DMT because it reliably produces a state of oneness with the universe every time (for him). I haven't yet tried it. Frankly, I'm intimidated.

You shouldnt be intimidated by it. At the right dose you pretty much lose awareness of yourself to the point where being scared is impossible.
Anything under that is just uncomfortable.

For me that dose is ~12mg, but it varies with different people.

Now DPT, there is one to fear(in a good way ofcourse).

mgs, may I ask what do you, personally, see in 5-MeO-DMT that makes it above the rest? I've only used it a handfull of times alone. It seemed very numbing of everything. At first, I read many many reports on it and it sounded quite interesting so I bought some. Not too long before that I finally had experimented with DMT. I was looking for a "substitute" for DMT, and that was most certainly not it, and I realize that there isn't anything that could possibly be a substitute for DMT. To me, 5-MeO-DMT is not something I would consider a psychadelic because there are no visual aspects associated with it at all.

As you may or may not know, the word psychedelic was coined for these drugs because at the time (this is early 50s) there were no other real names. The word psychedelic comes from the Greek words for "mind," ψυχή (psyche), and "manifest," δήλος (delos). While visuals may or may not play a significant role in one’s trip…the presence of visuals (or lack there of) has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not the material is a psychedelic. I personally experienced what I would term as “beyond visuals’ with 5-MeO-DMT…the world becomes infinite. I can only equate it to being teleported from one place to another…complete with the star-trek interpretation of being ‘beamed up.” Everything becomes filled with color, until it breaks up into fractals before disappearing completely.

But again, the ‘visuals’ produced by 5-MeO-DMT are not much more than a distraction. For me, the value of the experience is simply surviving it. 5-MeO-DMT is the near-death experience. The great joy is surviving it, to be alive, and to experience that joy and thankfulness for the simple gift of life.

This is opposed to DMT, which gave me none of that. DMT was like 10 minute tour of all the galaxies of the universe. But I found nothing in the DMT experience that was relevant to me. While it was absolutely amazing, when it was over it was over. There was nothing mystical or cosmic with DMT. My trip reports at Erowid really say all there is to say regarding why I find 5-MeO-DMT so valuable, and DMT (smoked) such an utter waste.

By itself, it's just there......colorless, boring, unvisual, uselss. As of recently, in combination with 2c-b, 5-MeO-DMT brings out the already vivid colors and patterning of 2c-b. Taking a toke of meo while at the peak of a 2c-b "trip" brings out so many different patterns and colors than there are with 2c-b alone. So, again, what do you find so special about 5-MeO-DMT?

Again, I’d refer you to my trip reports. But I will add that the visual experiences produced by psychedelics are beautiful, extraordinary, and all of that. But the visual experience is nothing compared to the mental rewards psychedelics offer me. Maybe this is why I consider something like MDMA (which produces no real visual effects) and 5-MeO-DMT to be such gifts, but other materials such as 2C-B (which is very visual) so hollow. In the end, the visuals are really a distraction. This is not to say that they are not important. But I’ve gotten to the point (and I do believe a lot of it comes from living in Colorado, in the mountains, in Nature’s full glory) where my appreciation for my surroundings is so intense even while sober…that I do not need a psychedelic to remind me of anything.

Case in point was my trip from two weekends ago. I was on 2C-D and spent the entire trip on my friends front porch (he lives in the Mountains, right up at 9,000) and for 90% of the trip, I had my eyes closed. As amazing as the visuals were, I was far more enthralled by the activity going on in my mind, than the beauty I saw on the outside.

i would say miprocin is currently my favorite. incredibly deep, way more than any mushrooms ive done although i did see a gnome that created the universe 15.8 billion years ago on them. miprocin is very clean but doesnt feel synthetic like its brother miprocetin. it slowed down time, balanced my mind out, and just helped me focus for days after i took it. i had stronger urges to read books, associate with my family, and just love. most beautiful substance ive came across, although dpt is pretty amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.