• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

You Right Now.......

I reckon the slogan should be 'Just Say NOw'...

Lol, yeah I feel ya.

@Tranced - I have a very similar story actually. I have vivid memories of a PS&E (Personal and Social Education) class at school where we went to the computer lab and had to make powerpoint presentations on a drug of our choice. There were specific things we were asked to do, including a certain number of negative consequences from taking said drug using the internet to research. I chose LSD, because as someone with almost no knowledge of drugs outside of what I had been taught in school, the idea of hallucinating sounded kinda rad..... that was pretty much my reasoning.

Anyway, I found myself seriously struggling to find however many consequences we were meant to find on our drug of choice, and this was even browsing the talk to frank site, which was a bit more basic at the time. Because, seriously now, you might have a bummer of a trip and look like a spaz in front of your mates, and..... yep even a decade on with plenty of real life experience I don't know what else I could have put. So I went to the teacher and told her exactly this, and she went fucking ballistic at me. In retrospect, I guess she probably thought I was a budding hippy trying to big up a drug I saw as cool, but at the time I legitimately was just trying to do my work as asked with no vested interest in making the drug look safe.

Bitch.

I remember getting a drug talk at school and the copper telling us that someone on LSD thought he was being chased by a gozilla sized spider. For some reason that sounded appealing even at that age...

Haha, I remember learning about the effects of drugs at school and my best mate at the time (still one of my best mates actually, the guy I was jamming with last weekend) turned to me when they were talking about shrooms and going "I'd probably never do them, but come on, don't they sound fucking rad."

Spoiler: he did them.

I feel as a drug counselor, it should be your job to tell us the answer to this one ;)

Because drugs are baaad, kids, and the upper management is adamant that abstinence is the only way. 8)
I get into rather heated debates frequently - I had one guy come in for the exchange while visibly smacked up, which is nothing remotely new. What made this time different is my manager came in and refused him service on the grounds of intoxication. Apparently the common sense to anyone with experience that if he didn't get sterile, unused kit he was just gonna jab with the same pins he'd already been using was lost to her. 8)

I can well remember the frustration of a 'Drug Awareness' training course put on by a local drugs project at a previous workplace nearly 20 years ago. I got clean of a few years worth of on-and-off smack & crack habits while working there, but can't remember if I was clean yet or not at that point - it's irrelevant to this post anyway, but the chap running the course was spouting so many misconceptions & downright bullshit about heroin & crack addiction, which being a gobshite, I couldn't help but correct him in front of my colleagues about the experiences of 'people I used to know'. A sharp 'Busperson knows a lot about heroin' remark soon shut me up though

I live my life like this. I get by.
It's an essential survival technique, honed during advanced mathematics classes taken to get out of P.E. and later applied to great effect. Work through the questions in the textbook using the formulas just explained, without necessarily understanding how you actually got to the answer. If it comes out wrong, just start again. As long as you got the underlying maths right, the answer is going to cme out right. The highly-magical bit doesn't care if or not you understand it. If the answer comes out right, you must be getting the surrounding bits you do understand right, which is the important bit. There's a better-than-even chance of it all just sort of clicking into place before the exam. In physics, you get an extra clue; because you need to balance the units.

Same thing works when doing a new programming technique to do something you've never done before, involving some weirdy library you've never used before. Well, all a computer is really doing is maths, and any programming language is really just an alternative mathematical notation for giving it your equations in a form it can solve .....
Could what? Suspense much.
Mea Culpa, really need to replace my tablet that recently lost a fight to a washing machine, phone screen is just to small .....
Are you insinuating my scruples may be lacking in regards to my kotter breeding program?
You seem to have forgotten the back cross performed with a rabbit which has enabled us to increase the number of kotter generations per year and thus help with creating a true breeding kotter. One in ten thousand may lean towards being a rotter but we are working to eliminate this as well.
Not necessarily your scruples; but there must be a few people out there who are only in it for the money, and have managed to blag their way into the breeding programme. Nice little scam; sell a bunch "breeding pairs" of kotters that will produce only kotter offspring which then will produce only ottaroos in the next-but-one generation, all within less than twice the gestation period of a kotter, rake in the mone then shut up shop before anyone is any the wiser. Everyone who buys a pair of kotters off you is satisfied at first. They get themselves a nice stock of kotters to breed from. Or so they think. All the grandchildren turn out to be ottaroos and there's no better than an even chance of producing kotters by back-breeding the otteroos with the parents or grandparents. I mean, you can only sell a finite number of Fantastic Beasts before the market saturates; so somebody's bound to be tempted to keep it finite in style.

Mind, if someone happened to owe me millions of pesos in their share of fines for unlicenced incineration of toxic waste and bribes to the Mexican state prosecutor not to convene a war crimes tribunal (maximum penalty: enough to buy an absolute shitload of concrete and razor wire) for misuse of chemical weapons, por favor linda con azucar en arriba, and if it were actually possible to pull off such a bait-and-switch actually encoded in DNA, I would be finding it very hard indeed not to think of words like "Just Desserts" and "A Dish Best Served Cold" .....

Your lower incidence of rotters than predicted by my back-of-envelope estimate suggests that the genetics involved are actually much more complex than the simplified model with which I've been working, mind .....

Curtains and throws darling ;)

My curtain situation is far too complex & dreary to fully go into, but I'm one short of adequate proper cover.....however you did just give me an idea....thank you...thought my den building days were over...but no...a towelling dressing gown far more sturdy than throws....*going building*

What made this time [that a guy came in for the exchange while visibly smacked up] different is my manager came in and refused him service on the grounds of intoxication. Apparently the common sense to anyone with experience that if he didn't get sterile, unused kit he was just gonna jab with the same pins he'd already been using was lost to her. 8)
Ah, but as far as she was concerned, if he did jab with the same pins he'd already been using, then it would be his own fault for not having the Moral Fibre to resist using drugs, despiteespecially knowing the dangers of reusing old syringes.

It's always easy to think of a solution to other people's problems that you don't have to face, and so haven't already thought of everything immediately obvious plus about a third of whatever wasn't immediately obvious, and rejected them for good reasons that aren't obvious to anybody not facing your particular challenges. We've bred a generation of managers with pure book learning, who know nothing about The Job and precious little about how real people really behave in real life; and this in its turn is breeding a resentful workforce, and one at that who are so concerned for their own immediate survival that they dare not even bleed when their neighbour is cut.[/soapbox]

My spell with needles was incredibly brief, had not a clue what I was doing besides what I'd read online. The only person who could show me in person didn't want the 'responsibility' of having potentially ruined my life (despite being my connect for years).

Anywho, a few reused needles and bruised to fuck arms and I called it a day. I knew if I'd carried on I probably would've butchered myself ala Requiem for a Dream and as a failed musician I need my limbs intact...

On a serious note i totally agree with you SHM. Drug education with kids should show the positives as well as the negatives and provide as much info as possible. Just say no certainly has no credibility.

It should be just say KNOW
Hear, hear.

Students always rebel against their teachers. It's hard-coded into us; it's an evolutionarily-useful way of clearing out useless superstitions (superstitious behaviour can confer a positive survival advantage, if by chance the behaviour happens to be advantageous; but the majority of superstitious behaviour will be neutral. Behaviour which is disadvantageous will tend not to be repeated; rather, the advantageous behaviour consisting of not doing it will tend to be reinforced among {surviving members of} the group. No way! Last person who touched one of those while the moon was full is dead already -- I'm not going near it!) It's a sort of experiment to determine which learned behaviours are actually useful enough to be worth passing on. (I'm not even sure the moon has anything to do with it. It was new moon, and I still got really sick, like I'm lucky to be alive .....)

But even without knowing the correct explanation for why a particular behaviour is beneficial, it should be obvious to anyone who just takes the time to observe people, how people behave. And there is no excuse for expecting it to be any other way; it's like expecting to find a triangle whose angles did not add up to 180 degrees, even although every single one of the ones you have measured so far have added up to 180 degrees. You tell a kid not to do something, they're going to do it, even if only to find out what's so bad about it. It always has been that way, it still is that way, and it isn't showing any sign of changing anytime soon.

And once you accept that telling kids not to do something is not going to work and that is not your fault, you can say well, if we can't stop kids from taking drugs altogether and therefore suffering no drug harm at all, then surely the next best thing to do is try to ensure that as little harm as possible is done when they inevitably do take drugs. But so far, it's turned into a Chicken game, and nobody wants to be the first to admit that it isn't working.
My spell with needles was incredibly brief, had not a clue what I was doing besides what I'd read online. The only person who could show me in person didn't want the 'responsibility' of having potentially ruined my life (despite being my connect for years).
I once found out, not long after the event, that I had just shown someone how to chase the beetle for the first time.

I try not to dwell on the possibility that the other members of the group might purposely have left me to do the dark deed, knowing that I most probably would never see this person again. It certainly wasn't anything to do with my technique.

Last edited:
Just say no never worked on me (clearly) - I do believe you can get by in life taking drugs responsibly - just seems sometimes you have to fuck up first before realising where you went wrong / how to do it RITE.

Definitely. Like all the great arts.

Lol, yeah I feel ya.

@Tranced - I have a very similar story actually. I have vivid memories of a PS&E (Personal and Social Education) class at school where we went to the computer lab and had to make powerpoint presentations on a drug of our choice. There were specific things we were asked to do, including a certain number of negative consequences from taking said drug using the internet to research. I chose LSD, because as someone with almost no knowledge of drugs outside of what I had been taught in school, the idea of hallucinating sounded kinda rad..... that was pretty much my reasoning.

Anyway, I found myself seriously struggling to find however many consequences we were meant to find on our drug of choice, and this was even browsing the talk to frank site, which was a bit more basic at the time. Because, seriously now, you might have a bummer of a trip and look like a spaz in front of your mates, and..... yep even a decade on with plenty of real life experience I don't know what else I could have put. So I went to the teacher and told her exactly this, and she went fucking ballistic at me. In retrospect, I guess she probably thought I was a budding hippy trying to big up a drug I saw as cool, but at the time I legitimately was just trying to do my work as asked with no vested interest in making the drug look safe.

Bitch.

I had a bunch of mates who's school thought it would be a good idea to show them footage of a 90's rave, the teacher trying to give a running commentary on the tragedy of loads of kids in the video hugging and gurning their tits off and that. Needless to say there was a resounding "that looks fucking class", and the majority of them ended up going out and taking pills together/running a house night and are still mates and getting on it to this very day. =D

I had a bunch of mates who's school thought it would be a good idea to show them footage of a 90's rave, the teacher trying to give a running commentary on the tragedy of loads of kids in the video hugging and gurning their tits off and that.

Lol what a misjudged plan of action.

Well, weigh it up. Let Group A be the kids whose drug education is entirely abstinence-based, just say no, better they die than get high; and Group B are the kids whose parents actually have the responsibility to teach their kids the difference between responsible and irresponsible use.

Now, kids from both groups are equally likely to come into contact with drugs. But Group A kids only have the Word Of Authority as evidence why taking drugs is a bad idea (plus: they're kids, for crying out loud. Telling a kid not to do something is a pretty reliable way to get them to do it. They just need to know for sure if or not it's really as bad as you say, and they aren't afraid to experiment on their own selves if need be); and the Word on the Street as evidence why taking drugs is a good idea. Which, as it turns out, includes stories of Group B kids taking drugs and not coming to grief -- but crucially omitting to mention that much of Group B's survival rate has been a consequence of them taking sensible precautions; such as using routes of administration with a lower bioavailability (which may be less of a concern anyway, until one begins to develop a tolerance) but also an even lower potential to cause harm, starting with a tiny dose and only consuming more if no ill effects are observed, not taking drugs in combination unless one is thoroughly familiar with the effects of each in isolation and even then minimising the dose, at least at first, in case of synergistic effects -- or even being quite content to allow everyone to think they have taken drugs, signalling that they don't consider it intrinsically wrong, while not minding not actually doing so; and only being assumed to have given up (and therefore only being thought even cooler) if refusing drugs when offered.

Which group is more likely to end up suffering harm as a result of -- unavoidably, and not their fault; expecting kids not to rebel against authority is like expecting them to learn to fly -- trying drugs? They might make some good scare stories for the next generation of Group A's ignorance-only education; but there will always be more people having a good experience on drugs than a bad one, otherwise, we wouldn't bloody well take them, so they're still on a hiding to nothing.

120mg of mda, intense enough

bit of nausea

I get the impression that the current MDA is weak/the erowid reccomend dosing page is innacurate. My experiences with MDA often involved an attempt to send a text and the hardest hurdle during typing it was the fact that my phone wasn't even in my hand or it was actually a bottle of water or something.

Good to see people trying the new stuff though.

the only other time i had it was double dropping pills in the 90's with it, im enjoying this for what it is, was a bit to much back then

I find that if you don't want it too intense, you can redose later (as in so as to not stack your peaks) and retain a degree of lucidity whilst still getting the visual/psychedelic aspect in a heightened way. I can remember watching green orbs float around my room for hours once, whilst still being pretty with it.