• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Yopo Subthread] Dosage and Preparation

^ thanks! I was looking for this thread. I saw It a few months back and wanted that recipe. Only problem is, I never initially toasted (most) of my seeds. Which from what I've been reading makes the compounds more active. I wonder if I can still use them?

^Not sure if it makes them more active? I assumed it was just the easiest way to make them open up and to get the good bits out, in a dry enough form for usage.

I dunno. It seems to make sense. There's moisture in the seeds so toasting them cooks it out and not only does it make them easier to snuff, due to a decrease in mass, it makes it dryer. Just like popcorn. I actually found it easier to open them without cooking. The ones I did toast are a pain cuz they aren't full seeds. More like pieces, odds n ends.

Something else to keep in mind when using Yopo:

There are two strains which differ somewhat in their active constituents.

(Anadenanthera peregrina) is Yopo. (Anadenanthera colubrina) is cebil. I have been told much of what is sold as AP is actually mislabeled AC.

i was told that the lime reacts with the bufotenine to form bufotenate which crosses the blood barier much easier. less physical side effects also i would think.

im trying to reply in another thread but when post it, it goes to this one:p

In lieu of lime or baking soda... isn't sodium carbonate preferable? (all ya have to do is heat sodium bicarbonate/baking soda for an hour at 200 degrees Fahrenheit) .. this is what i've read from the bits & pieces over at dmt-nexus.

With just seeds
  • Tried several methods so far; didn't have a mortar and pestle so couldn't get it too fine so i figured fuck it & did 10 seeds worth, didn't use any carbonate or lime or anything either. Tryptamine headspace for 10-20 min, odd triangular fractals across vision.. then fell extremely tired (odd, b/c i have insomnia) fell asleep... woke up vomiting up all the seed drip.
  • Read over here at the shroomery about plugging the raw seeds: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/4353696
    hmm? Well gave it a shot.. still, only coffee grinder & hammer, no mortar & pestle. Did double the dose, absolutely nothing. Had to stick a 2mL syringe up there & cut off the tip to get all the seed material up my pooper. Might try for a milder trip when i get my mortar & pestle & carbonate.
  • extracted seed innards, used coffee grinder (still awaiting mortar & pestle).. smoked & smoked & smoked. A bit of a tryptamine headspace like things were "off" but thats it. Held smoke in for as long as i could too, then taking immediate hits afterwards. Total fail w/ 5+ seeds. However, had no bong.. just a foily as i'm not a regular pot smoker.

Something i've read about using either Calcium hydroxide or calcium carbonate (plus the water) allows a "reaction" to occur creating more N,N-DMT relative to unwanted alkaloids like bufotenine? And/or is it just to make it a more workable material (once dried)? B/c as disinclined to chemistry as i am, that just doesn't seem right (bufotenine+calcium carbonate=better DMT tryptamine alkaloid ratios?)

Either way, i finally have a mortar & pestle on the way; so i'll be getting my seeds into a powder finally; & i plan on converting calcium bicarbonate into calcium carbonate, only thing is, anyone know how much carbonate i should use? at what ratio? and how much water to add? & in most recipes i see calcium hydroxide isn't needed if calcium carbonate is present, is this true? Will this sufficiently jump me off the entheogenic cliff!?

Last edited:
I bought 100 seeds and made a snuff of 3 parts yopo 1 part powdered lime and it clogs my nose up for days. But the experience was okay. It seems very spiritual and eye opening. I could think about enlightening stuff and become more aware. But I'm sure there are better psyches out there because this one is sorta weak.