[original post:]

* use 1-4 seeds per person
* heat seeds on low heat until they pop
* separate the outer seed from the inner seed
* the inner part of the seed is used
* discard the outer seed shell
* heat the remaining inner seed on low
* stop heating when it is hard and crunchy
* crush the seed (use a coffee grinder, mortar and pestle, etc.)
* mix the following: 2 parts seed, 1 part lime or shell, and 1 part baking soda
* add a few drops of water to form a paste
* mix well and heat on low until material dries
* crush dry material into a fine powder (use a coffee grinder, mortar and pestle, etc.)

This is the recepie that i am going to use. However i don't fully understand the amount of lime and baking soda i need to use.

Is the ratio 2:1 ? Let's say if i have 2 grams of grinded yopo powder. Then i will needto add 1 gram of lime and 1 gram of baking soda?

4 grams, i will need to add 2 grams of lime and 2 grams of baking soda, or did i get this completely wrong?

Im am confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
My yopo snuff (pre-made) was a bit pants.

May have to give it another go someday.

I've been researching various recipes for Yopo snuffs for quite some time. For the most part, yours looks similar, if not exactly the same as the most widely-used teks.

I have a bunch of seeds I want to try tonight or early next week using these directions.

Good luck with your experimentation and I'll let you know how my trials go.

Thanks for all the answers, i think im covered now for my journey. I will give a heads up on how it goes. Thanks .

PLUR

snorting seeds sounds so painful.

5 ho dmt on the other hand sounds pretty interesting.

happy trails. <3

What flavor of NaOH will you be using? :p

I'm about to head to Home Depot to get mine. :D

The day before yesterday , i was with three friends, two of us did acid , the third won't/is scared to do it because of to many bad trips. Suddenly late night he asked me if i knew how to make the yopo snuff. I told him i had no lime, but we could try anyway. We used the tek mentioned above. We snorted 2-3 seeds each. My other friend on acid puked, and didn't want to take anymore. Me and my other friend kept snorting the rest. We had a body high, and faint visuals but nothing special.

Yesterday we aquirred the lime and used the excact same tek.

I made 16 seeds. 12 for snorting and 4 for smoking. We were two friends this time.

We started smoking, and we could feel a buzz, and a presence of something, but we didn’t know what. I told my friend we should snort 4 seeds each in divided in to 6 lines, so we should snort 3 each. We snorted it, and 10 minutes after both CEV and OEV was present I was lying on my couch enjoying all the beautiful visuals. When I had my eyes open I had visuals almost like LSD, the difference was just these visuals could be almost everything, fences, nets, and signs dancing around in my apartment. When I closed my eyes, red flames would dance around and it was nothing but just wonderful.

After 5-10 minutes I wanted to take the last two seeds, I asked my friend if he wanted to do it, but he said he was cool. I sat up and snorted my last two seeds. The first four seeds did not hurt in my nose or in my stomach that much, but these two seeds gave me hell. I got up of my couch, and I could feel a pain in my legs, near my groin. I stumbled towards my sink to get a glass of water and a bucket, because my stomach was now attacking the seeds and wanted them out. I headed towards my bed, armed with water and bucket. I lay down and the visuals became more powerful. It was sensational. I was lying in my bed, and I now started to sweat a lot . I opened the window and the cold breeze felt nice on my naked stomach. Then I apparently blackout, because I woke up the next morning remembering nothing about how I fell asleep

Anyway, overall it was a nice first experience with DMT, it was not that intense, but still beautiful and pleasant.
This is certainly not the last time I am doing DMT.

Isn't the active ingredient in Yopo snuff 5-MeO-DMT rather than DMT? Either way, my experiments with it have only resulted in a very sore nose and a short, confusing trip of sorts with a brutal headache. It's not something I'm likely to repeat any time soon.

EDIT: Or maybe it's 5-HO-DMT as Delysd suggests. Pretty sure DMT is not the primary active anyway.

i think yopo is more than just DMT. in fact if im not mistaking its mostly 5 ho DMT (a very intriguing chemical in its own right), 5 meo DMT, and probably some other alkaloids.

edit: shambles beat me to it.

^ Suspect he's confusing lye with lime. Not a great mistake to make.

i think yopo is more than just DMT. in fact if im not mistaking its mostly 5 ho DMT (a very intriguing chemical in its own right), 5 meo DMT, and probably some other alkaloids.

edit: shambles beat me to it.

Yeah, i knew it didn't only contain DMT. but i thought DMT was the main substance in it, but i guess you still learn something new every day? :).

Next time i will research the substance i am about to encounter more carefully.

According to wiki it's:

The beans have been found to contain up to:

7.4% bufotenin (5-ho-DMT)
0.04% 5-meo-DMT
0.16% DMT

Still, it was a very interesting and beautifull experience, and perhaps it's the combination of the three substances that make it interesting, if not, i will correct myself then.

This is not the last encounter i will have with yopo snuff.

It has opened my eyes to the DMT world, and i can't wait to explore it even more. This was a pleasent first time experience, i think more intense trips awaits me in the future.

PLUR!

Last edited:
I have been hearing great things about 5 ho dmt on its own.
So im not surprised you enjoyed your trip as much as you did.

DMT yopo snuff...LIME?

I keep reading about yopo snuff made with lime. I have a couple of questions.

1. what kind of lime is used, and where would i get it?

2. why does lime potentiate the yopo trip?

I don't have answers to your questions and have wondered the same things. also wouldn't the lime increase the pain that result from snorting the resulting concoction?

i don't mean to hijack your thread or anything i just wanted to add another question to it

i feel bad doing this but my thread got moved into this one and then my question never got answered.

....bump....?:(