• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Yopo Subthread] Dosage and Preparation

From Wikipedia
The bean is then ground with a mortar and pestle into a powder and mixed with a natural form of calcium hydroxide (lime) or calcium oxide (from certain types of ashes, calcined shells, etc.). This mix is then moistened to a consistency similar to bread dough, using a small amount of water. If calcium oxide is used, the water will react with it to form calcium hydroxide. Once moistened, it is kneaded into a ball for several minutes. After kneading, it is then left to sit for several hours to several days, depending on the local customs. During this period most of the excess calcium hydroxide reacts with the carbon dioxide in the air to form less caustic calcium carbonate (carbonatation).

I don't know why lime is used, but it does say the calcium hydroxide from the lime reacts with carbon dioxide to form calcium carbonate which is not as corrosive, so it wont burn as much as straight lime would. Why it is needed I'm not sure.

you could always substitute lime for litocane or a similar topical anestetic. im sure it would produce some interesting resultsm not to mention getting rid of the whole pain thing. Ive used the litocane trick to insuffulate ungodly amounts of 2cb

Sources can't be posted here but I recommend looking for an online ethnobotanical shop that sells edible lime.

If too much or too little is used you will be in for a world of hurt. Use pH paper to test the base. Should be around 9.5-10.5.

Snorting a line of Yopo = OUCH!!! 8o:D

yopo_shaman_amazonico.jpg

Well these dudes seem to be enjoying themselves. :D

one guy is actually blowing the snuff into the other dudes nostril.

Indigneous people didnt knw about razor blades and mirrors.

good question!... now somebody answer! I think there are a few of us wondering why it is used in the first place. Im assuming it makes the finished product into a more suitable form to be insufflated, but I have no idea what the mechanism in lime would be that is responsible for this. It may also simply be indigenous tradition, al though to the best of my knowledge the indigenous tribes of South America rarely did anything out of tradition without any valid reason for it. So why add lime to begin with?

If I was gonna do Yopo.. i'd want to do it like the amazonians do. HARDCORE STYLE

What to do with yopo seeds?

I have a few grams of powdered yopo seeds that I mashed months ago. They weren't toasted. We just shelled them one night and ground it all up. There are, however, a few seeds that were toasted and started to be shelled but i haven't gotten around to it yet. I was originally going to make a snuff but after reading onto it I A) can't find a reliable recipe and B) hear it hurts worse than I thought.

My question: what should I do with the stuff?
-make a snuff? What's a good recipe?
-do an extraction? What would I get out if it and is it a simple tek?
-is it smokable? Maybe not on this form but an another form.

if you have any you haven't toasted, try growing them?

sounds like nobody here wants to touch bufotenin with a 30-foot internet pole...

have you read up about it on wikipedia? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bufotenin

Anadenanthera seeds

Bufotenin is a constituent of the seeds of Anadenanthera colubrina and Anadenanthera peregrina trees. Anadenanthera seeds have been used as an ingredient in psychedelic snuff preparations by indigenous cultures of Central and South America.[18]

yeah of course i've read up about it, on wiki, here, and erowid. doesn't sound quite as fun as other psyches...

i think you should just try the traditional method, and be sure to write a report :)

Roast the seeds like popcorn, then scrape out the insides. Mix 3 parts seed to one part edible lime. If you can,t get lime try baking soda. Dosage = 4 seeds. Place the mixture of powdered seed and lime inside a tube (bamboo or what have you) and have someone else blow it up your nose in one shot. Expect strong pain, then a mix of nausea/vomiting and hallucinations ;)

If you want to smoke it leave out the lime / powder. You need to pull the whole 4 seeds in a couple of quick hits, so maybe sprinkle on top of some weed in a bong and hit it hard. Expect it to taste foul.

I have not tried either of these methods (I don,t do drugs) but have watched a Dutch friend have his girlfriend blow the snuff up his nose. He staggered about the place mumbling and spewing continuously. Afterward he claimed he saw the most beautiful hallucinations but they were hard to enjoy due to the incredible nausea that was present throughout the trip.

Unless you desire a particularly uncomfortable experience I don't recommend making a snuff. My personal experiences with it have varied greatly and you can never be sure how it's gonna turn out. If you're insistent then use the directions posted above.

check out dmt-nexus if you're willing to do an extraction.

I'm one that likes to do things the traditional way at least once, or try many methods of administration since I'm slowly trying to gain firsthand knowledge of ingestion. I believe in trying and experiencing as many things as possible while alive. I know the snuff is going to
suck, but I'm willing to go through it to experience it. Just as with my body modification endeavors, procedure is part of the process as a whole.

This is going to suck, but as a personal goal, it is well worth it. I'll definatly check the nexus. Anyone here mess with yopo or bufotenine?

Personally, I would throw them away as soon as possible.
I tried smoking them once, but barely anything happened, despite several bowls of the stuff.
Snorting sounds too painful.