• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ya I was shooting Ambien.. (and lost my arm)

I really don't mean to pressure you on this, but genuinely in the interest of harm reduction and making others aware so they don't do the same - do you know why you got it?

Was it a dirty needle or something? I don't know much about it, but it's caused by bacteria isn't it?

Just anything to make others think twice and if they think for a third time that it's okay... I want them to avoid doing whatever you unfortunately did wrong.

This thread has really touched me. I feel so, so sorry for you. Such a high price to pay for a little silly mistake.

Man, I just wish I could do something... I'm so sorry. Genuinely, this thread has really upset me. Bless you.

Verry sorry to hear man, hope you aren't left handed. If you aren't, there's another positive right there (not joking my right arm has so been broken so many times in so many places it really sux to no not be able to use ur right).

If I didn't bump this thread it would have faded away. It was on the second page when I bumped it, then with all the replies the titles was changed.

I really don't mean to pressure you on this, but genuinely in the interest of harm reduction and making others aware so they don't do the same - do you know why you got it?

Was it a dirty needle or something? I don't know much about it, but it's caused by bacteria isn't it?

Just anything to make others think twice and if they think for a third time that it's okay... I want them to avoid doing whatever you unfortunately did wrong.

This thread has really touched me. I feel so, so sorry for you. Such a high price to pay for a little silly mistake.

Man, I just wish I could do something... I'm so sorry. Genuinely, this thread has really upset me. Bless you.

As it did me too.

^^ why would u say that obv he nos it wasn't the best decsion that's just sick that u would say that . Anyway to the op you have made me rethink my decisions even after my blood clot/ infection I continued to shoot adderals suboxone and basically any pill thy contained a water soulable drug but since I have read this thread I have since stopped that I just wanted to no tht by u posting your story it is makeing real world differences

Wow that is really intense, sorry to hear this!!

I hope people learn a lesson from reading this, I personally don't want to take addictive drugs via IM anymore because it has led to me trying to re-sterilize used needles before with great risk of course...
Other than that I don't IV anyway and couldn't see myself injecting pills but it's still the same concept: very serious lapses in judgement from drug use leading to trying very risky things to get high again.

^^ why would u say that obv he nos it wasn't the best decsion that's just sick that u would say that . Anyway to the op you have made me rethink my decisions even after my blood clot/ infection I continued to shoot adderals suboxone and basically any pill thy contained a water soulable drug but since I have read this thread I have since stopped that I just wanted to no tht by u posting your story it is makeing real world differences

Now that's what we want to hear:)
Good for you

i havent sh0t since that night and plan on never doing it again.

i/we dont know what exactly caused this specific type of bug. my doc said it could be anything. but needle was clean and brand new and i "filtered" thru cotton gauze. the entire process began the day/night i originally posted until last fri/sat night/morning when they removed my arm.

This hits home. I have IV'd Ambien a handful of times, but not recently. I have been iving a lot of dilaudid lately and i am starting to rethink it.
>_>

CWE to powder form.

Whats up guys. Ive been wondering how to do this for a while now. If i CWE sum Tylenol 3 and let it sit in oven on cookie sheet @ 250°f.(with the oven door open) then take out and Just wait tell water is barely left. Could i then let the rest of the water evaporate and end with powder. And ive done my research (i hope source was right) codeine wont degrade past like 350°f also, i was looking for a "post your own thread, cant find. thanx. SlimJimLoadOnUrChin

Wow this post strikes me as unusually real...

I am lying around feeling bad for myself at about the 28 hour mark into the withdrawl from about a .6 to .85 gram a day heroin habit, but this post really lends me some perspective... If I can just move on from here after I am done being sick, I can be honestly thankful I made it out with both my life and the ability to wiggle all my phalanges...

I am sorry if that sounds cold, and I appreciate the way you made your nightmarish experience public in order to benefit other drug users.

I am now trying to concentrate on my withdrawl as a chance to escape with my life and whole body still intact before it is too late.

Last edited:
Wow this post strikes me as unusually real...

I am lying around feeling bad for myself at about the 28 hour mark into the withdrawl from about a .6 to .85 gram a day heroin habit, but this post really lends me some perspective... If I can just move on from here after I am done being sick, I can be honestly thankful I made it out with both my life and the ability to wiggle all my phalanges...

I am sorry if that sounds cold, and I appreciate the way you made your nightmarish experience public in order to benefit other drug users.

I am now trying to concentrate on my withdrawl as a chance to escape with my life and whole body still intact before it is too late.

i really hope you kick for good this time and get out while you safely can. i'm just doing this one day at a time right now. i basically have an unlimited supply of vicodin 10's prescribed and im using as little as possible to get thru the pain. i dont wanna be chasing a pill/opiate addiction when my supply runs out.

Thanks for sharing such a terrible experience with BL. I feel sorry for your loss.
Your story hit home. A close relative of mine was amputated above the knee (diabetes) and I remember his suffering.
I'm not sure he ever accepted it but a few years of physiotherapy helped him get on with his life.
I wish you all the best with your recovery.

i really hope you kick for good this time and get out while you safely can. i'm just doing this one day at a time right now. i basically have an unlimited supply of vicodin 10's prescribed and im using as little as possible to get thru the pain. i dont wanna be chasing a pill/opiate addiction when my supply runs out.

Thanks for sharing your story. I really do wish you the best in your recovery. I hope that you're able to keep us updated on your progress. This is a horrific thing that happened to you, but you can already see that by sharing your story you are making other users think twice about their own use. Take care.

Damn I'm sorry for your loss. That such a shitty deal. I wish you speed recovery both mentally and physically!

You should have never been sent home..

Thread reminded me of this:

Last edited:
Cavebear, in the midst of everything you are going through there is an unbelievable clarity and acceptance in your writing. I have nothing but admiration for you. May your healing be of mind, body and spirit. Thank you so much for sharing your story as it unfolds--I know it can't be easy. No doubt, your experience will be passed off by many ("it won't happen to me" syndrome) but it will be real-world preventive medicine for some and that is a profound impact far beyond the impact on your own life. I hope that during times of suffering you can find some strength from that outcome.

A book that helped me very much in a crisis in my own life was When Things Fall Apart by Pema Chodron. We cannot control what happens to us but we can control how we choose to live it. The book helps with staying grounded in that knowledge.<3

I think this thread should be stickied for awhile just to remind us all what can go wrong and how severe the consequences can be.