• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Xanax-(alprazolam) Is it possible to go from 0.5mg to nothing at once? years of addiction

Nop... Here in Argentina we don't have methadone clinics or anything similar

Well damn am I glad I don't live there lol can you go to a suboxone doctor or do those no exist either and in Argentina is it easy to get priscribed benzos like here in florida its super easy to get a xanax script some doctors don't prescribe any controlled substances not even ambien but others prescribe pretty much anything that the patient wants i litteakly see my doctor for 3 minutes or less and he prescribes me 35 2mg xanax and 90 20mg adderal xr and 30 lunesta 3mg among other psych meds

Last edited by a moderator:
Well damn am I glad I don't live there lol can you go to a suboxone doctor or do those no exist either and in Argentina is it easy to get priscribed benzos like here in florida its super easy to get a xanax script some doctors don't prescribe any controlled substances not even ambien but others prescribe pretty much anything that the patient wants i litteakly see my doctor for 3 minutes or less and he prescribes me 35 2mg xanax and 90 20mg adderal xr and 30 lunesta 3mg among other psych meds
I am certainly in a position similar to yours, I can also get what I want from my doctors. About the post well ... this happened 3 months ago, the situation is different now

Hello, I need some advice, to put in context I am dependent on benzos (also tramadol with a huge tolerance) I was taking up to 8mg daily a year ago, today only 0.5mg about 2 weeks ago, I take benzos 3 years, for reasons that are out of my hands today I ran out of alprazolam, how serious could it be to spend this weekend without alprazolam? Could I die from a seizure or something? because tramadol produces seizures, I should not take it I suppose, although I would live 2 types of withdrawal together.
Is it possible that 0.5mg will go to nothing tomorrow? I'm afraid of dying from withdrawal, maybe I can get a little phenobarbital, if only for this weekend, I need help soon
Yes, get an LDN.

Yes, get an LDN.
Just ask your doctor about Naltrexone. Start at the dosage required for your comfort. Then decrease until no more is needed.

The other method is to get on a low dose prednisone regimen. 5mg or 2.5mg. Also, Vyvanse can help.

I would think coming off such a low dose probably won't derail you too much. You will almost certainly feel different, and probably have some anxiety and insomnia issues to deal with in the first few days. For me (I had to taper off huge recreational doses several times) the hardest thing is getting used to yourself and the world around you again, having been cushioned by benzos at any dose for any length of time. It's simple things like everyday social interactions and understanding your own feelings and responses that is the real challenge. But it doesn't last forever. You'll be ok.

You should not take tramadol in benzo withdrawal as tramadol lowers the seizure threashold, which will make withdrawal more dangerous.
I am the OP, and I mentioned this several times in the post, everyone ignored it haha I know that jumping from a low dose benzo would be only a nuisance, but my addiction to tramadol complicates the situation, in addition at that time I was taking 750mg at day
Today is my first day without tramadol after relapsing a week ago taking doses of 1000mg to 1300mg a day, I still don't commit suicide, I'll be fine :)

Ah my bad, I didn't see that you are addicted to tramadol. In that case, yeah, probably best, two withdrawals at once is too much if you can avoid it. I would still probably try to keep the tramadol as low as you can to stave off withdrawal though. have you ever had any seizures or tremors or anything seizure-related from tramadol? Some people seem much less prone to it, me, I could take 500mg of tramadol at once and no sign of any seizure-like activity, bbut my buddy was addicted to it and if he took more than 150mg he would start uncontrollanbly tremoring. If you have had any worrying symptoms before from it, it is worth understanding anyway that benzo withdrawal greatly lowers the seizyure threshold too. Though your dose is not high which makes it quite unlikely. Just wanted to make sure you knew about tramadol's seizure threshold lowering effects. :)

Ah my bad, I didn't see that you are addicted to tramadol. In that case, yeah, probably best, two withdrawals at once is too much if you can avoid it. I would still probably try to keep the tramadol as low as you can to stave off withdrawal though. have you ever had any seizures or tremors or anything seizure-related from tramadol? Some people seem much less prone to it, me, I could take 500mg of tramadol at once and no sign of any seizure-like activity, bbut my buddy was addicted to it and if he took more than 150mg he would start uncontrollanbly tremoring. If you have had any worrying symptoms before from it, it is worth understanding anyway that benzo withdrawal greatly lowers the seizyure threshold too. Though your dose is not high which makes it quite unlikely. Just wanted to make sure you knew about tramadol's seizure threshold lowering effects. :)
When I made this post, I suffered double withdrawal. It was the worst moment that happened in this quarantine. I am aware of the danger of seizures of tramadol, I have been taking benzos for almost 4 years, I suppose that has saved me from not having a severe seizure, but I have had body shakes on some occasions, my current situation is 2 days in tramadol cold turkey , and about 2 months ago I changed alprazolam for diazepam (30mg a day, perhaps this also prevented a seizure throughout the past week in doses of more than one gram of tramadol) Another thing that I am not sure I have mentioned is that I am addicted to tramadol about 3 years ago, the last year was the heaviest, taking other opiates like oxy and morphine too (not counting other recreational drugs like ketamine, mdma, soma, lyrica, alcohol, lsd) even so, i tramadol taken daily for a long time.
My doctor diagnosed me with GAD, and I can't enjoy many drugs like before, but that's fine, first I need to be better, if I really want to go back to that, maybe not.
Alprazolam is not recreational for me, it only helped me control my anxiety for a long time

But even although I do not know you: you sound like a great chap, sorry for what you suffer from, glad you’re over it, and really glad you’re still with us!
Thanks man, I know that very good people suffer things like this, even worse, I feel grateful to be alive even though I feel totally miserable at the moment. It is my third relapse in 3 months, I always stop after a week, 2 weeks go by and I return to the same thing. This sucks, really, and I feel you bro, it is good that you stay away from tramadol, many consider it a weak opioid, but like everyone else, it is hell to quit.

Have you ever tried clonazepam for your anxiety OP?

I mention this because I have GAD too and find clonazepam is the best medicine for it. Lasts all day, no real sedation once you have any kind of tolerance, and it doesn't make me "act drunk" like diazepam tended to even when I had some tolerance I found my motor skills would be reduced and I'd start acting funny and people would notice it. None of that at all with clonazepam, it's much better for functional GAD relief.

Additionally, regarding your tramadol habit, clonazepam out of all the benzos has the best anticonvulsant properties - it is the #1 benzo used in the treatment of epilepsy for this reason. So it's much more likely to prevent seizures than other benzos.

Have you ever tried clonazepam for your anxiety OP?

I mention this because I have GAD too and find clonazepam is the best medicine for it. Lasts all day, no real sedation once you have any kind of tolerance, and it doesn't make me "act drunk" like diazepam tended to even when I had some tolerance I found my motor skills would be reduced and I'd start acting funny and people would notice it. None of that at all with clonazepam, it's much better for functional GAD relief.

Additionally, regarding your tramadol habit, clonazepam out of all the benzos has the best anticonvulsant properties - it is the #1 benzo used in the treatment of epilepsy for this reason. So it's much more likely to prevent seizures than other benzos.
Yes, I have tried almost all the benzos available in my country, I have been taking clonazepam for many months, now my doctor is only giving me diazepam, I asked for clonazepam but he prefers to give me anything but not clonazepam (idk, doctors lol) I saw it as a good option It makes me feel very functional and is how you describe it. I can get it, but if I want to maintain correct treatment at this time, I must accept what my doctor gives me. I still want to escape the habit of tramadol, I suppose I can do it, it is day 3 without tramadol and I am not so bad, loperamide and venlafaxine keep me stable, I will only count the days until the fifth to stop loperamide and continue fighting
My tolerance does not allow me to "have fun" with tramadol, I only feel an opiate effect when I reach doses of 750mg and up. This is very dangerous, maybe nothing will happen to me, but better not take the risk.

Last edited: