• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Xanax-(alprazolam) Is it possible to go from 0.5mg to nothing at once? years of addiction

Nicocastillo7

Bluelighter
Hello, I need some advice, to put in context I am dependent on benzos (also tramadol with a huge tolerance) I was taking up to 8mg daily a year ago, today only 0.5mg about 2 weeks ago, I take benzos 3 years, for reasons that are out of my hands today I ran out of alprazolam, how serious could it be to spend this weekend without alprazolam? Could I die from a seizure or something? because tramadol produces seizures, I should not take it I suppose, although I would live 2 types of withdrawal together.
Is it possible that 0.5mg will go to nothing tomorrow? I'm afraid of dying from withdrawal, maybe I can get a little phenobarbital, if only for this weekend, I need help soon

Hello, I need some advice, to put in context I am dependent on benzos (also tramadol with a huge tolerance) I was taking up to 8mg daily a year ago, today only 0.5mg about 2 weeks ago, I take benzos 3 years, for reasons that are out of my hands today I ran out of alprazolam, how serious could it be to spend this weekend without alprazolam? Could I die from a seizure or something? because tramadol produces seizures, I should not take it I suppose, although I would live 2 types of withdrawal together.
Is it possible that 0.5mg will go to nothing tomorrow? I'm afraid of dying from withdrawal, maybe I can get a little phenobarbital, if only for this weekend, I need help soon
well they say so~!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAHHA I HAVE BEEN ON KLONOPIN FOR 11 YEARS IT`S A NIGHTMARE~! lol but gabapentin helped me go from 3mg a day to .25 a day but i need 1mg to feel normal but i take 1800mg gabapentin so i wont seizure my dr thinks ill croak cause im on sublocade too so im weining off but i cant go off ill take them the rest of my life just my life not months of being mentanal ill if done correct should not seizure but im scared im 34 im not ready to come off if she dont understand ill go to the street .np/hhahahah my sub dr. is fine my psych dr is a quack.........

u will be fine but why did u run out ? do you have a dr i highly doubt .5mg will seizure u up tho... do you feel like shaky?

u will be fine but why did u run out ? do you have a dr i highly doubt .5mg will seizure u up tho... do you feel like shaky?
I could not find my doctor, with this from the quarantine it has become difficult (Argentina) now I feel a little anxious, maybe for thinking too much about it, I am a little shaky, today I took 750mg of tramadol and 0.5mg of alprazolam (my last dose) I will have to stop tramadol, it will be a very hard weekend ... maybe phenobarbital would keep calm for as long as, until Monday that I can see my doctor, I don't know, I don't know what will happen

I could not find my doctor, with this from the quarantine it has become difficult (Argentina) now I feel a little anxious, maybe for thinking too much about it, I am a little shaky, today I took 750mg of tramadol and 0.5mg of alprazolam (my last dose) I will have to stop tramadol, it will be a very hard weekend ... maybe phenobarbital would keep calm for as long as, until Monday that I can see my doctor, I don't know, I don't know what will happen
I THINK YOU WILL BE OK maybe a anxiety attack but it`s thursday now well yea this weekend might be tough any chance of finding any on the street well can u get gabapentin>? there ? or any benzos out side or lyrica will work or any benzo~!------------- I wish u the best i am in u.s.a so stay strong dont think about it to much

I think you will be fine without the .5 mg Xanax for a few days.
You may notice some increased anxiety and some withdrawal but .5 mg is a small dose.

I would keep taking the tramadol.
You don’t want to experience opiate withdrawal along with mild benzo withdrawal.
That will put more stress on your body.

Just take your normal dosage of tramadol and other medication.
Then get to your doctor on Monday.

You will be fine.
Do not stress out over it.

I think you will be fine without the .5 mg Xanax for a few days.
You may notice some increased anxiety and some withdrawal but .5 mg is a small dose.

I would keep taking the tramadol.
You don’t want to experience opiate withdrawal along with mild benzo withdrawal.
That will put more stress on your body.

Just take your normal dosage of tramadol and other medication.
Then get to your doctor on Monday.

You will be fine.
Do not stress out over it.
Thank you very much, I suppose I will be fine, a quarantine has just been declared mandatory, you will not be able to leave the house or they will charge very high fines, in the morning I will go to buy supplies, some tramadol and maybe try phenobarbital (never take it before, a friend left the benzos for this, it's not my idea) some carisoprodol too .. ohh and weed, I almost forgot the weed haha thanks and be well

Can one not break the .5 to ~.25 for a week or so and then maybe every other day and then jump?
may be a little easier...?

Yes, I plan to take another week to jump to 0.25mg, but as I said this weekend I ran out of supplies, I will have to improvise but my idea of leaving the benzos still stands, surely on Monday I will ask for a prescription of 0.25mg alprazolam That way it would be easier to divide that dose, only short-term plans right now

I have heard that this is dangerous, just to be HarmReduc about it. PT's recommendation to make it more gradual sounds like its at least a bit safer.

Dropping dosage/frequency would seem to be in line with a taper plan.
yeah... drop to .25 or break the .5 in hakf for a coupla three weeks.
the slower the taper ime is the best
i end up like damn... its been a couple months time for 30 bus tickets. lol
dangerous game as anything but if you know the outcome of actions then one wouuld hitt the fake jackpot
wish i could kiss you all
i am clean
certified
felon
imma meet some of ya'll mfs and we gonna grow like weeds. :)
love
gotta get high be back

where? round the cona bt the crik tree hangin?

ok

It depends, you might experience some.moderate discomfort,.AND insomnia tour best bet Is to do a taper with diazepam.

I just woke up and my anxious attitude did not give me a good morning, there is no possibility of obtaining benzos or the phenobarbital that I mentioned, so unless I have a seizure I do not think they will attend me in the emergency room .. wish me luck guys

750mg of Tramadol is a lot. That combined with abruptly stopping a years-long Alprazolam habit could certainly induce a seizure.

Space out your tramadol dosage until you are completely detoxed from your Xanax.

yes, it really is 3 years of using benzos, maybe more, that's why I'm scared, I'll see what I can do and I'll update again

Not sure where one is located but to fill the gap maybe one can fing kratom or phenibut (or the like). Not going to spout that everything will be fine if on can obtain these but damn if they dont help when I am in WDs. LOL Again... not an answer to yor dilemma but may be an alternative until one can meet again with DR.s.
Fuck... even some gabapentin or other gaba-acting substance can aid with WDs.
As noted: You gonna feel something... the intensity would depend on the plan one takes to taper or drop the alprazolam.
my anxious attitude did not give me a good morning
Don't put yourself through hell. Stabilize the WDs or if it is only mind-fuck BS going on (which is real); get out and do some physical labor or exercise it will help immensely to distract from brooding on the lack of drugs and also help balance the chemical imbalances.
Been on alp for three years will (IMO) need a taper with benz (optimally diazepam) but others will work.
Keep your mind and body active.
Eat well.
Be loved and please do not put yourself through hell. There are countless threads here at BL dealing with this same issue... spending some time searching will help distract as well as provide options and known/proven ways to beat this shit.

Technically, alcohol could be used to treat bzd WDs in a pinch, couldn't it? OP, is there any reason you can't drink or obtain alcohol?

I drank alcohol early, I was very anxious, it helped me a little, only 1 hour, then I felt horrible again and I feel horrible, but I have a little relief, a good friend approached me 2 clonazepam, so until Monday I have that , I was thinking of only taking 0.25mg a day, since I was only 0.5 of alprazolam, he had to come since in reality it is not possible to circulate normally on the street, I only took 150mg of tramadol in the morning and I am feeling a bit of both abstinences I took 0.25mg of clonazepam recently, so I will wait, I was delirious, thinking about how sad it was so much effort to end my life now, but I did not, maybe I can relax now, I am going to have tea with my mother and talk a little bit, I was in a horrible mood and I had some fights, I had never been without benzos for so long years ago, I can't believe how difficult it was

You are going about it right. Benzodiazepines can lead to a terrible physical addiction, so you will have some latent results come out of your ordeal.