• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Xanax-(alprazolam) Is it possible to go from 0.5mg to nothing at once? years of addiction

If you reallly took just 0.5 mg a day in the morning the w/d should not that bad. I also took Alpra since 2008 0.5 in the mornings and o.5 in the evenings and now I just stopped it in little doses. It was really no problem bicause I wanted to get rid of it. In my opinion, our brain is playing a big role with it. If you really want to quit you will. If not,, hm, dangerous.
Can one not break the .5 to ~.25 for a week or so and then maybe every other day and then jump?
may be a little easier...?

Of course you can, it may help.

EDIT: Ever heard of the Ashton-Manual - this is really the right thing to taper off, even if it takes its time.

Last edited:
hey so how did u make out-?????---------- and how are you now-------

Last edited:
hey so how did u make out-?????---------- and how are you now-------
hey what's up, luckily now I'm fine, I got 2 clonazepam of 0.5mg and 2 days ago I have been taking only 0.125mg in the morning, I am abstaining from tramadol days ago I do not take and to my surprise this time I am not suffering as much (had horrible wd's in the past) so the idea would be to continue like this and not reduce that anymore, I'm fine, I think I will soon be free of benzos working on my anxiety accordingly, so I'm optimistic with all this, imagine a life without benzos it's not that scary now

I would avoid drinking as you probably noticed alcohol provides very short term relief, then you will have that hungover feeling coupled with the withdrawal. I would try and get as much diazepam or clonazepam as possible and take as little as possible to get comfortable. If you're used to 0.5mg Xanax a day, 0.5 or even 0.25 clonazepam should keep you out of trouble.
Do you know when you will be able to get your meds back. Maybe speak to your doc about switching to diazepam or clonazepam if you're looking for longer lasting relief.

I would avoid drinking as you probably noticed alcohol provides very short term relief, then you will have that hungover feeling coupled with the withdrawal. I would try and get as much diazepam or clonazepam as possible and take as little as possible to get comfortable. If you're used to 0.5mg Xanax a day, 0.5 or even 0.25 clonazepam should keep you out of trouble.
Do you know when you will be able to get your meds back. Maybe speak to your doc about switching to diazepam or clonazepam if you're looking for longer lasting relief.
Yes, alcohol is not a good option, I will surely see my doctor in a little more than a day, I am going to tell him to switch to clonazepam, I could go down to 0.125mg in the morning, and I will talk about reducing from here, thanks to everybody

hey what's up, luckily now I'm fine, I got 2 clonazepam of 0.5mg and 2 days ago I have been taking only 0.125mg in the morning, I am abstaining from tramadol days ago I do not take and to my surprise this time I am not suffering as much (had horrible wd's in the past) so the idea would be to continue like this and not reduce that anymore, I'm fine, I think I will soon be free of benzos working on my anxiety accordingly, so I'm optimistic with all this, imagine a life without benzos it's not that scary now
yes thats my fear i just ate 3mg klonopin and 12oomg of gabapetin but yea my anxiety went so bad cause of all this bs~! stay safe stay woke-o yea i am on sublocade i got my shot yesterday so i feel great now if no benzos ill seizure but god bless i wish i never took a benzo :( in my life~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes thats my fear i just ate 3mg klonopin and 12oomg of gabapetin but yea my anxiety went so bad cause of all this bs~! stay safe stay woke-o yea i am on sublocade i got my shot yesterday so i feel great now if no benzos ill seizure but god bless i wish i never took a benzo :( in my life~!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ohh I can feel that, it is hell on earth, today I woke up and did not take my clonazepam because I have no more, my father went to get me a prescription, my heart beats very hard and I cannot calm down, I can feel the withdrawal from opiates and Benzos at the same time, I hope it arrives soon, I also wish I had never touched a benzo, I really hate living like this, I send you a hug, I hope you can improve

Okay, my father is finally here, he did not bring me diazepam or clonazepam, he brought me 30 0.5mg tablets of alprazolam (and naproxen 500mg for pain due to withdrawal from tramadol, I understand that he does not want to give me that and that is fine) now I must reduce from here, any ideas ..? alprazolam 0.5 can be divided into 2 doses, it was 0.125 clonazepam, should I cut it into 4? or could I make a few days more than 0.5 and then cut? I do not know

Okay, my father is finally here, he did not bring me diazepam or clonazepam, he brought me 30 0.5mg tablets of alprazolam (and naproxen 500mg for pain due to withdrawal from tramadol, I understand that he does not want to give me that and that is fine) now I must reduce from here, any ideas ..? alprazolam 0.5 can be divided into 2 doses, it was 0.125 clonazepam, should I cut it into 4? or could I make a few days more than 0.5 and then cut? I do not know
ok if u stay at .5 mg ur gonna make this last longer ok it`s tough man i know it is but cut them in half if u can i need atleast.5mg to live so take care u can message me at any time.

Looks like you figured this out. It would be VERY unlikely to have a seizure on .5mg/day. Like almost impossible in my non professional opinion. That’s an extremely low amount. Maybe a little anxiety, discomfort, and adjusting. Break them into .25’s and take those for a bit, then start skipping a day with those and you should hardly feel a difference. Hope you figured it out. That said, I’m not making light of benzos! You are right to be cautious. Get out while you can, my man! Tramadol.. no clue.
tramadol can produce seizures, this added to abstinence benzo had me worried at the time, I'm fine, this is an old post, I continue to take benzos unfortunately, diazepam now, but stop abusing some drugs, there is no need to revive this post it was a horrible time this year

Lol this is the funniest thread I've ever read lol from .5 to nothing you prally wouldn't even notice I took 2 2mg xanax a day so 4mgs and quit all at once nothing happen besides increased anxiety

Lol yes it is but everyone would agree nothing significant will happen from doing .5 daily to nothing

And nothing happened, the problem was tramadol (which by itself produces seizures) in addition to taking benzos for 4 years, in the past I have been taking 6-8mg a day, the problem was a multiple withdrawal syndrome, if that is funny .. haha in the same way, I suffer from very bad anxiety, I was totally panicked when I made this post.

I shouldn't have laughed out loud ivr just never heard of someone be scared of coming off such a low dose

I shouldn't have laughed out loud ivr just never heard of someone be scared of coming off such a low dose

Know that I have no more opiates, no more ketamine, and that I am left without alprazolam, well, that scared me