• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

worst overdose to have?

Can you tell me what exactly happened, and your doses?.

This was the days when I used to take DXM. I was on an antidepressant, and took too much DXM, ~800mg or so.

Effects were basically a total loss of homeostasis; internal vibrating, teeth chattering, dilated pupils, unable to control body temperature.

It felt like having a mild seizure continuously for 3 or 4 days, and as far as I know there's no way to reverse the effects other than waiting it out.

Can you tell me what exactly happened, and your doses? That would be so damn uncomfortable, in my mind an MDMA OD would just make you completelyyyyyy tense, like all your muscles contracting without you being able to stop it, going into heart attack mode, foam from mouth. That's how I picture it, but I would never want to experience that, nor would anyone I hope. Shit sounds super scary..
MDMA OD's are actually not that scary for the person experiencing them, that is if you don't get serotonin syndrome (and even then...). You're just such a euphoric, loved up mess and your mind is so scattered and far gone that in your mind you're still having fun. And the more you take the worse this gets, so by the time you reach a deadly dose (which takes A LOT) you'd be so far gone you're not even aware you're dying I think. Other stims, yeah you'd suffer tremendously, MDMA not so much I think

Last edited:
Guess too much Strychnine aint nice. Sticking to drug myths, a OD on some strychnine laced xtc pills should win the cup.

MDMA OD's are actually not that scary for the person experiencing them, that is if you don't get serotonin syndrome (and even then...). You're just such a euphoric, loved up mess and your mind is so scattered and far gone that in your mind you're still having fun. And the more you take the worse this gets, so by the time you reach a deadly dose (which takes A LOT) you'd be so far gone you're not even aware you're dying I think. Other stims, yeah you'd suffer tremendously, MDMA not so much I think
I've seen someone who took WAY, WAYYYYYYY too much.. And he was not feeling that. His whole body locked, he couldn't move his hands, they were stuck in an odd position. I was rolling my tits off, while he was laying in the back of a truck. I sat there with him for a little over an hour, talked to him in a soothing tone letting him know everything will be okay. I held his hand and hold him "Look, you have control" because he did move it. But his eyes were going fucking CRAZY and he was gruning like I've NEVER seen, so fucking hard. I got him some water / gum, took his shoes off so he could be more relaxed. I mean he was terrified, and it did not look fun whats-so-ever.. But after about an hour and a half he started to chill out, we talked the entire time (Mostly me just helping him through his rough patch, and assuring him that if he was in any real danger I would have called an ambo) He just kept saying I think I'm dying dude.. Although he wasn't (I checked his heartrate and his BP seemed fine). NOTE: If your friend asks you to call an ambo, do it! Unless you're extremely eperienced in drugs + nursing, DO NOT RISK IT! I'm in nursing school, whilst not complete yet, I have a medical background. Don't think by you calling 911 you'll get in trouble, just do it and tell them what (they?) had taken. They will take it from there!

Can you tell me what exactly happened, and your doses? That would be so damn uncomfortable, in my mind an MDMA OD would just make you completelyyyyyy tense, like all your muscles contracting without you being able to stop it, going into heart attack mode, foam from mouth. That's how I picture it, but I would never want to experience that, nor would anyone I hope. Shit sounds super scary..

My chick got SS one time we rolled at her pad cause of an ssri and md combo.

She was shaking like it was freezing sweating bad so confused she didnt know where she was or what was going on. Lots of pain and mood swings threw out an for like a month after.

Scary ass shit for both of us, I could shit was about to hit the fan when she told me to take the cat off the swing set for fuck sakes! Lol

She s ok now nothing to take lightly tho

Psychedelic overdose can shatter your mind

I had a psychedelic overdose on shrooms in 1999 & it was horrible.......I thought my mind would be screwed up forever. Thing is, I have had some really cool trips on shrooms before that evening. I still like LSD better but won't touch either, just don't think my mind can handle psychedelic trips anymore & the stress it puts on the body.

The worst tho is coca/stimulants......very bad for the body & depression sets in.......no more for me.

^ Quite a scary way to go, with all the realistic hallucinations too. But like an opiate overdose, an anticholinergic overdose produces a set of rather striking effects that are highly specific to this toxidrome, and are readily recognized by any seasoned emergency response team. Moreover, there's a well-established protocol for treating anticholinergic toxicity, including an antidote (rivastigmine or neostigmine). In other words, if someone sees you in this overdosed state and gets you immediate medical attention in a not too remote place, your prognosis isn't all that bad, although the experience will be subjectively hellish.

Someone by now must have written a story about a sadist who overdoses his victims with a paralytic neuromuscular junction blocker like cisatracurium (Nimbex) and then rapes or tortures them. These drugs have only one effect, and that is to make all the skeletal muscles in your body go entirely flaccid and unresponsive to your volition. Your sensorium (including pain) and memory remain entirely intact, and there is absolutely nothing you can do.

You know, I really should stop now with this. This is merely the darkest reaches of my imagination, but all sorts of people read these boards and get ideas from them, and therefore me writing things like this here could be seen as skirting the edges of my Hippocratic Oath.

In the movie "Alex Cross", the sadist/assassin uses a drug like you described to torture some of his victims.......in the opening scenes, he does exactly what you describe above to a young lady minus any sexual assault.

Its absolutely insanity at what lengths the human mind/being will go to......

I've never experienced a delirium from an anticholinergic, this should probably be number 1 on that list.

1) Nicotine (hands down worst overdose I've ever had, experienced it twice)
2) Neuroleptics (akathisia, barely able to breath -> agonizing; unless they allow you to sleep, then it's a pretty neutral experience)
3) Pot (it's very rare, happened only a couple of times out of 5000 days of pot use, but it CAN be very scary and the physical discomfort can be very bad)
4) Booze (unless you dose WAY too high, then it can easily move up a rank or two)

I don't think serotonin syndrome is that bad, had it a few times. It depends on the severity of course.
Once I IV'ed 600mg amphetamine which wasn't too bad, I barely remembered anything at all. The aftermath of stimulant overdoses can be pretty horrible on an emotional level.
Psychedelics can be great even if you overdose massively and end up lying in your puke for hours. This can however be a terrible experience, among the very worst.
You won't remember much of a dissociative overdose, but the less debilitating ones can be pretty nasty in that you will pull off some stupid shit.
Opiates might make you puke, but there's a good chance you'll just pass out as long as you don't move or take tobacco products.
On benzos you might pull stupid shit, but basically you'll pass out quickly on an overdose and won't remember shit.

That being said, booze and opiates can of course be lethal when dosing a little too high while most other classes are pretty safe unless you had a massive overdose.

Last edited:
Worst as in outcome or worst as to having to live through it? Barbiturate OD will kill you but you won't suffer at all, while stimulant OD can take you to the verge of insanity provided you're lucky...

Worst as having to live through taking more of a drug(s) than you should have

An overdose could perhaps not come close to being lethal yet still cause or exacerbate pain greatly

Worst as having to live through taking more of a drug(s) than you should have

An overdose could perhaps not come close to being lethal yet still cause or exacerbate pain greatly

Well in my case it's easy. 21 years ago I went on a meth binge that lasted 6 days with the last two an endless nightmare of sleep deprivation-induced paranoid fits, cardiotoxic and vascular issues, barf-o-fest from malnutrition (you only vomit bile for hours, it hurts like a sonovabitch), extremely repulsive hallucinations. When my GF opened the door back from her trip to see her folks I almost jumped her thinking she was a Gremlin (the term "Shadow People" is now preferred) revealing itself at last to attack me. The 2 friends I had begun the binge with had fled the scene on Day 4 thinking I had gone nuts for good. Anyway my GF dialed 911 before even addressing me and I was ambulanced away. Ended up in the psych ward for 6 weeks. I haven't touched meth since and I still have occasional flashbacks. However I still do moderate-potency so-called "clean" stims for work performance and the occasional E when in party mode. Meth was different, it's in a special class, it's a poison not a mere drug. I would describe a meth trip as a ravage there's no better word.

Dawg I think you win... Thank you for the harrowing tale from a first person perspective.

Worst od is for sure iv cocaine, soooooo damn scary.

OMG aint it the truth??!!But even worse (IMHO anyway)is too high of a dose (well,any dose really) of SSRI/SNRI meds.Like some kind of sick,twisted,mindfuck speed drug brewed in hell by Lucifer himself.

Dawg I think you win... Thank you for the harrowing tale from a first person perspective.

Mine is just but a tear in a sea of OD horror stories ranging from freaking out on pot, losing weeks of your life to phenazepam, achieving comatose state with benzos and booze, having a heart attack at 28 freebasing coke, acquiring paranoid schizophrenia with amphetamine abuse, going apeshit on meth, surviving barbiturate OD but not withdrawals... the list is endless.

stimulant ods probably feel the worst. being wide awake with your heart poppin off your chest, paranoid... seizures and cardiac arrest...

^Agreeeeeeeee. I am a long-term heroin addict (in recovery now) but never OD'd on it. Overdose on IV cocaine twice and it was rough. Foaming at mouth, seizures, legs giving out followed by worst psychosis of my life. YAY.

Anything that causes a stroke. Because even if you survive, you have months and months of hard work to get possibly only a little better.

Datura overdose (My top vote since I've experienced it)
Tylenol overdose.
Any drug that deprives brain of oxygen(inhalants, crack) causes horrible seizures.

BTW: opiate overdoses feel amazing. And as long as you use with someone trained in cpr and have narcan kits on hand, you'll be fine.