• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

worried about my cat

g3nov-- Give him some benzos like Valium .....

^This is like the thousanth time Ive seen you post something that could directly harm a living being.

Show some respect for life and deal with your own homosexuality.

The only reason he hates gays so much is because he is still in the closet. He IMED me and told me his dad would beat him if he ever came out. I told him it would be liberating... Don't mind him, he is just depressed and lashing out and for some reason disgusted with his sexuality when he should be embracing it.

OP Please update, I would like to know if the kitteh made it!

How much is one tenth of one cocaine? What is one cocaine?

btw, if he licked up a tenth of a gram, that would be a lot for a cat. It's about a third of a dime bag.

Im assuming he means 0.1 grams (100mg) which IS a fucking shitload for something as small as a cat. I am genuinely concerned for the cat. In fact, if the 100mg actually was absorbed through the mucous membrane in the cat's mouth, I would be fairly surprised if the cat survived. What Im HOPING is that as soon as the cat licked it, it made him salivate and the coke mixed with the saliva and he immediately swallowed the coke/saliva mixture. If this happened then most of the coke would have been swallowed before it had a chance to be absorbed through the mucous membrane, and coke is not very active when swallowed (at least in humans). In this case I imagine that cat would have a good chance of survival.

But again...OP-PLEASE give us an update.-DG

Take him to the vet. As an animal lover, I insist that you go to the vet and explain what happened. You can't get in trouble, if that's what you're worried about. The vet might try talking to you, but it's worth the lecture to save your cat's life.

I suggest going as soon as possible, if that means now, go, if that means calling up the vet right now to get them to go to the office, do it.

^^

OP probably never took the cat, and it died as a result. OP doesn't want to post an update on the terrible news for fear of getting flamed or something.

that's just my speculation on it

(although the one time i asked for an update on a crazy thread i got a PM a year later from the OP who gave me an update lol, so i could be wrong).

I hope all of you who rejected the thought of giving the cat a benzo as a home cure for this would have been perfectly fine.

The vet was gonna do the same thing. Just to let you know.......

I hope all of you who rejected the thought of giving the cat a benzo as a home cure for this would have been perfectly fine.

The vet was gonna do the same thing. Just to let you know.......

Diazepam - This drug is not approved for use in animals by the Food and Drug Administration but it is prescribed legally by veterinarians as an extra-label drug.

In some animals, however, diazepam causes the paradoxical drug reaction of excitement.

Medication should never be administered without first consulting your veterinarian.

The typical dose administered to dogs is 0.25 to 1 mg per pound (0.5 to 2 mg/kg) and 0.25 to 0.5 mg per pound (0.5 to 1 mg/kg) in cats, intravenous as needed or as often as every six hours.

Thought I'd post something more than ... dude give him valium, no dont do that dummy ...

If something like this happens to a house hold pet and there is time to spare (sadly most pet owners don't know where their closest Vet is located nor how to get ahold of a Vet after hours. Side note, keep your drugs out of reach of children AND pets, they don't know any better.

Take him to a vet immediately. Drugs, especially cocaine work differently and more prfoundly on animals(smaller brain structures). Don't just wait around until it seizes up. Everytime I hear about a person giving their pet a bong hit or something similar, I want to flip the F out, not saying you purposely did this. Go to a vet asap, especially if he gets worse.

Pets often enjoy marijuana actually, you might as well give them a chance to try it, it doesn't hurt them (except birds). Cocaine's a different story though, but I'm not sure if oral cocaine would effect a cat.

Diazepam - This drug is not approved for use in animals by the Food and Drug Administration but it is prescribed legally by veterinarians as an extra-label drug.

In some animals, however, diazepam causes the paradoxical drug reaction of excitement.
Certain animals in all species of mammals have this same reaction.

Medication should never be administered without first consulting your veterinarian.
In case of emergency, this can be the worst decision you can make.

The typical dose administered to dogs is 0.25 to 1 mg per pound (0.5 to 2 mg/kg) and 0.25 to 0.5 mg per pound (0.5 to 1 mg/kg) in cats, intravenous as needed or as often as every six hours.

Thought I'd post something more than ... dude give him valium, no dont do that dummy ...

If something like this happens to a house hold pet and there is time to spare (sadly most pet owners don't know where their closest Vet is located nor how to get ahold of a Vet after hours. Side note, keep your drugs out of reach of children AND pets, they don't know any better.

This is in fact a majority of all pet owners.

my friends dog freaks out whenever there is storms.

his dog is rx'd 5mg valiums

i have taken (<been given, not stolen) his dogs valium plenty of times, also had hydrocodone and tramadol one time my dog was having back troubles

in regards to anxiety and pain vets give animals the same shit doctors give us. besides cats n dogs are mammals anyway n we share a good bit of DNA with them, not to say thats all that matters but regardless of your assumed superiority over animals are anatomy n physiology is quite similar

EDIT: Damnit, Sorry, i always do this. i guess i should have read the OP instead of responding to some of the latter posts. i would have your cat ride it out in the vets office. i mean a benzo will calm it down n hopefully slow down the heart but it isnt gonna erase the cocaine used, it will just make the cat more comfotable with itself probably

i mean if i railed a whole 8 ball in one line n i was going to OD, would valium actually reverse the cokes effects or just calm me down on the way to the hospital?

Last edited:
Exactly.

Only thing you had to do was give an GABAA sedative. (not barbs, or anything that strong.)
Something to keep their heart rate down while the coke is in effect.

he just licked up about .1 cocaine hes panting... should i be worried or is there any thing i can do to help him? <3 cat

I think mythbusters did a thing on the 5 second rule, but licking it off the floor can't be hygienic. Also if the cat has any upcoming pet shows with mandatory drug testing I'd get him started on a lot of water to try and flush the system immediately.

Hope kitty pulls through!

Ive seen worse. I mean, i would never personally do anything further then maybe smoking with certain animals that seem to enjoy it, but i have seen assholes put their cats on mushrooms and 2ce. In both instances the animal had pulled through, the largest side effect being an intense need to murder the stuffed animal cat sitting on the shelf.

my Cat got into some dex when he was a kitten; I gave him -25mg of xanax and he's healthy and happy 4 years later. I was much more scared than he was, hope you're cat does well. I know how that feels.

Lmao this is so sad yet hilarious...I have a kitty and I hope yours is okay! But yea probably not good to wait it out....I thought mine had gotten to my coke once & was terrified, but turns out she just licked the outside of an adderall and luckily was just OFF THE WALLS for awhile....but one of my friends friends cat got into her coke and died pretty quickly.

Either way OBVIOUSLY it’s not good that ur car licked that up, I mean c’mon....we as humans shouldn’t even be ingesting the stuff