• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

worried about my cat

SmellyJaguar

Greenlighter
he just licked up about .1 cocaine hes panting... should i be worried or is there any thing i can do to help him? <3 cat

is your cat still alive?
why should it (he) lick up cocaine? shouldn't taste good for a cat I think.

Maybe there were studies that shows the effects of drugs (e.g. cocaine) on animals.
I'm sorry for your cat, get well soon, cat!

Take him to a vet immediately. Drugs, especially cocaine work differently and more prfoundly on animals(smaller brain structures). Don't just wait around until it seizes up. Everytime I hear about a person giving their pet a bong hit or something similar, I want to flip the F out, not saying you purposely did this. Go to a vet asap, especially if he gets worse.

Are you sure this guy isn't just trying to conserve his anonymity?

I'm pretty sure a Benzo would be far too strong for a cat as well.

How long after licking up the Cocaine did the cat start panting? Remember their heart rate is naturally a lot higher than ours. I recommend trying to feed the cat grass if there are any problems as their natural immune response is to vomit.

My cat ate a 0.5mg clonazepam off the floor before I could pick it up before and was fine, sedated for a bit, but fine in the end.

make sure you cat has water to stay hydrated.. it should be fine

haha gotta love the mental imagery of sweet old 'ms fluffy' fucking twisted on blow runnin all over the place yanno scanning the carpet for some 'crumbs of coke' (or so we think, we do try hard dont we) feeling like king cat or something idk

dont wait til your cat dies bring him to the vet cause they shouldnt be doing drugs i love cats be good to them. feed them good food

why should it (he) lick up cocaine? shouldn't taste good for a cat I think.

Curiosity ;)

g3nov3s3 said:
Give him some benzos like Valium .....

NO. If anyone does this they are a dead-set idiot.
Do not give any medications to animals unless they are either prescribed or recommended by a vet.

SmellyJaguar said:
should i be worried or is there any thing i can do to help him?

Judging by the timeframe I'm assuming that either your kitty is just fine, or he's really not and probably dead. So this advice is more to serve others who might come in to this unfortunate situation.:

If your pet ingests any amount of illicit drug, get the to a vet as soon as possible. There are always emergency vet clinics open after hours so if your regular vet is closed, call an after-hours place.
In the meantime, keep very close supervision on your pet and make a note of any changes in breathing, heart rate, nose hydration (roughly indicates total hydration), and gum colour (indicates blood-oxygen levels). Try and make sure they're hydrated, although it's usually hard to make a cat or dog drink water, so just make sure they have easy access to some at all times.

But the main thing is to get them to a vet as soon as possible.

Back in the day my cat ate my freshly cropped homegrown kind bud... Lol alot of it. It slept in the corner and twitched for a few days.. I put food and water there for it.... Kitty survived but was very high... Not the same thing as coke but it happens.. If it gets too bad take it to the vet.

you take your cat to the vet and tell them it ingested street drugs, don't be surprised if the call the police. at least if you are in the US.

^^ I highly doubt that they'd call the cops. Their primary concern is the animal's health and wellbeing, as if they care about getting the cops involved. Giving people the impression that the vet would call the police is only going to deter them from getting their pet to the clinic for treatment, therefore probably resulting in the death of their pet.

Stupid advice man.

you take your cat to the vet and tell them it ingested street drugs, don't be surprised if the call the police. at least if you are in the US.

Not only completely incorrect, but its a terrible thing to post because it may cause people to avoid bringing their pet to the vet in a situation such as this.

If you go to a vet and tell them your pet accidently ingested some cocaine (or any other drug), they will not call the cops, they will try to save your pet.
The only way they would involve the cops is if they think you deliberately fed your pet drugs, and even then they are more likely to call animal welfare.

Bottome line-having a pet is a responsibility. If your poor pet ingests something that could harm or kill it, your number one priority should be to get immediate medical help for your pet. There is no debate to be had on this matter.

To the OP- would you mind giving us an update on your cat.-DG

you guys have too much faith in... well i dont know what. you had an illegal substance in your house and your pet was harmed because of it; according to the law (in the US at least), that's animal cruelty. people who do not do drugs are not always so understanding. they may not report you, but it is certainly something to be considered.

^^ Well in my opinion, my pets are like children to me, so if their health was in question I would not hesitate to get them to an emergency vet clinic as soon as humanly possible, regardless of any legal implications.

Everyone has their own different priorities and ideals in life etc, but in my opinion if you don't care enough about your pet's health and the risk of ingesting illicit substances, then:
a) don't own a pet, and/or
b) don't be careless with leaving said substances lying around in reach of your pet.

It really is that simple.

^^ Well in my opinion, my pets are like children to me, so if their health was in question I would not hesitate to get them to an emergency vet clinic as soon as humanly possible, regardless of any legal implications.

Everyone has their own different priorities and ideals in life etc, but in my opinion if you don't care enough about your pet's health and the risk of ingesting illicit substances, then:
a) don't own a pet, and/or
b) don't be careless with leaving said substances lying around in reach of your pet.

It really is that simple.

Couldnt agree more (as you can probably tell from my post a few posts up).

Also, to the OP-We really would appreciate an update on your cat. Please understand that many of us here are serious animal lovers and are deeply concerned about your pet even though we have never met it (or you). I hope all is well, but please give us a quick update.-DG

g3nov-- Give him some benzos like Valium .....

^This is like the thousanth time Ive seen you post something that could directly harm a living being.

Show some respect for life and deal with your own homosexuality.