• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

WORK SUCKS: Talk About Your Job

Sounds good! We need people who want to work lol.

Now, if I could get them to play Alice in Chains on the radio all night long...

Sounds good! We need people who want to work lol.

Now, if I could get them to play Alice in Chains on the radio all night long...

Are you working a night shift tonight?Graveyard?

Sometimes I wish my hours were 10-6 pm. I'm so not a morning person...

Yes, I work night shift. I love it! I can't function before 3pm LOL!

Although my side job schedules me for mornings sometimes, so I feel your pain on wishing I worked later hours. I feel horrible on those days.

I mean, I wouldnt have mind if my work didnt suck so much right now, but I just feel like I dont want to sleep yet because as soon as I wake up it will be hell at work again. Oh well just have to suck it up for now.

i am sure everyone who works in a communications role gets some funny emails and calls, and here is one i just received a moment ago...

Good morning, ******.

April 1st has brought snow storms and tornadoes to Minnesota! This is in contrast to yesterday when the first of the killdeer arrived along with long strands of snow geese heading north to the arctic to nest. Spring and winter certainly have a tug-of-war going! Spring wins eventually- a warming thought.

Best wishes, ******

completely unsolicited. i've exchanged a few emails with this girl over the past few months, but about marketing collateral and publicizing a business move. made me laugh. not sure how to respond. "april 1st has brought cigarette butts and crushed tallboys to city sidewalk! this isn't in contrast to yesterday when the first of the nomadic homeless arrived along with long strands of shopping carts heading to church entryways..."

Nice, hydro! I work with some really funny people, as well. Time flies when you're laughing all night long.

^ I wish I was laughing at work today but nope. I pretty much vented at hr telling them how frustrated I am with my other coworkers coming to me every 5 min about some rush stuff! How the f am I suppose to do all of them!! So she told me that if they bother me about not so important stuff I can redirect them to her. Thank god!

On another hand, another co-worker of mine is pregnant. Is it baby year this year? Seems like everyone wants to get pregnant! Well what about me? What about my damn suffering?! Can't just some of them wait until the other one is done??? I don't understand what's the rush about getting pregnant.

Last edited:
Omg maya if I hear you complaining about your job again I might just hit myself in the face. It's just a job relax and breathe. Enjoy life don't hate your coworkers. Maybe it's time for a new job eh?

Omg maya if I hear you complaining about your job again I might just hit myself in the face. It's just a job relax and breathe. Enjoy life don't hate your coworkers. Maybe it's time for a new job eh?

LOL yeah im better today. Ill just have to get used to it and yeah I am working on it ;)

Maya, it's better that you vent about your frustrations rather than bottle them up. A friend of mine bottles a lot of shit up until he LOSES HIS MIND one day. It's really scary lol.

Last edited:
Maya, it's better that you vent about your frustrations rather than Burke them up. A friend of mine bottles a lot of shit up until he LOSES HIS MIND one day. It's really scary lol.

What a surprising friday, the owners of the company congratulated me for being able to work a three man job which is so unusual, didn't see that coming at all. I was also able to stress my disappointment due to the workload that was supposed to be for my other colleagues and these were taken out of my plate. Maya is a bit okay now. Thats all :)

Yay! Glad things are getting better for you.

How's everyone doing?

Doing good Tude :)

I met a great contact with links to the mining industry last Friday, at a party; he's a manager at an insurance firm. He told me to send him my CV and he'd hook me up with a job. I'm stoked!! Just need to get off Valium now, which should only take a couple more weeks...then I'm set :D

^you waiting for a huge mistake to be found?

dude, where i work there is no one that you can just hand stuff to be mailed. that's so fucking stupid. our CSR will deal with the deliverer from ups, usps, fedex, whoever, but you've gotta find the right envelope or package and address it and blah blah blah. there should be a fucking cover paper that i attach to a document that contains necessary mailing info and instructions and i drop that off with the CSR or office manager.

not because i'm too lazy, but because i don't know where that shit is. it's always changing. the only postal standards i know about are mass mailings. i waste so much fucking time making sure i don't fill out the damn fedex form wrong, fucking up an important delivery. i should only have to know how to fill out our office mailing form. the reason i'm bitching about it is because i keep on putting off sending some samples of their work (printed & bound) to our graphic designer. who did such a nice job for us. it's rude of me, but holyfuck i know it's gonna take me 45 minutes and that's just stupid.

edit:
at my last job you just attached the mailing form and dropped it off in a basket 15 yards away, which was collected multiple time a day at set intervals. and then all incoming mail was delivered to your desk at set intervals. not because you were important. not at all. because that's efficient. why does every single person working at the office need to know the most practical way to mail everything. next time someone wants to do a bulk mailing, i'll just ask them to generate and clean a CSV sheet organized by zip code and with perfect "acknowledge as" copy for the mail merge, and let them know as soon as they get that filled out i'll have it right off.

though someone actually did get fucked on a mass mailing recently. i don't even know if the mailing ever happened. it was a huge blow to her ego. that's bullshit too. it is this person's fault to an extent, as she was working on it with one other person did they not go to anyone who knows how to drop mass mailings until they had created a list of names in word. which is because they don't even know what a mail merge is. but everyone just gave them blank stares. someone should have had to help them out. i explained that there are like hundreds of filters i can run our database through to create ultra-specific mailing lists; all they have to do is give me a description of the target audience and i can have it generated and cleaned in a few hours. they said they had hand picked the individuals and it was hundreds. my supervisor told me to remove myself from the situation and that i am absolutely not to get pulled into creating that CSV sheet from a list of names for a project that is not even connected to a department. it wasn't just a time consumption problem. the two who wanted the mailing to happen didn't even know to consider things like printing cost, different postage rates & associated mailing processes, and who's going to actually stuff and sort the mailing. which isn't their job, but they worked on it by themselves for too long before giving anyone any details. which of course meant this item was not budgeted.

my boss watches out for me. want her back from maternity leave so bad. and it just started 2 1/2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
^you waiting for a huge mistake to be found?

dude, where i work there is no one that you can just hand stuff to be mailed. that's so fucking stupid. our CSR will deal with the deliverer from ups, usps, fedex, whoever, but you've gotta find the right envelope or package and address it and blah blah blah. there should be a fucking cover paper that i attach to a document that contains necessary mailing info and instructions and i drop that off with the CSR or office manager.

not because i'm too lazy, but because i don't know where that shit is. it's always changing. the only postal standards i know about are bulk mailings. i waste so much fucking time making sure i don't fill out the damn fedex form wrong, fucking up an important delivery. i should only have to know how to fill out our office mailing form. the reason i'm bitching about it is because i keep on putting of sending some samples of their work (printed & bound) to our graphic designer. who did such a nice job for us. it's rude of me, but holyfuck i know it's gonna take me 45 minutes and that's just stupid.

Yea man, I'm like Bruce Wayne just waiting for things to go bad again.

EDIT: Dude are you on a drug called Charlie Sheen?

Last edited:
blow? no. i just waste lots of my life editing bluelight posts. i'm unsure about both of your pop references. what did bruce wayne do? or are you going to become batman?